FL - FSU Law Professor Dan Markel Murdered by Hitmen *4 Guilty* #21

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If you haven’t seen, this is a fascinating analysis of WA‘s time with LE on 18 July 2014 — streamed three weeks ago on You Tube.

Wendi Adelson Understands Why She Would Be a Suspect in her Ex-husband’s Murder | Roberta Glass: True Crime Report​

Examining Wendi Adelson’s police questioning in her ex-husband, Dan Markel’s murder.

One thing I picked up in listening to the video again was that when LE found WA at lunch with her friends, they did not tell her why they were taking her to the station. During the five-plus hours she’s there, WA tells the detective and I think her friend Jane/Janine (in front of the victims advocate) she wondered during that car ride if they thought she was a suspect. To my recollection, they had not told her about Danny, or a shooting — it sounds like they were very vague. How did she come to the conclusion there was a crime to be a suspect in, unless she already knew there was a crime?

Second thing, to avoid talking to Danny, earlier in the week he was murdered WA had told him she had laryngitis but on the morning he was murdered, she told him that she was better and could talk about the boys’ school. But during the time at police station WA tells victims’ advocate that she and her friend Jane/Janine had taken a walk earlier that week and were discussing the post-divorce issues. Another disception!

Last edited:
Oh, I’m sorry- I thought I heard that here! Is it not the case? I know a copy was shown at trial and the state didn’t contest it or raise an issue.
the state objected when Rashbaum submitted the invite - as hearsay. sustained by judge

We talked about that here on WS when we were watching the trial live but November feels a long time ago now.

It's a complicated case and it's very easy to forget.
( the copy came from Mentour Lawyer, shortly after the trial. He's played tennis with Rashbaum during the CA trial)

ETA adding the link.

TBC the party existed. she was invited. IMO she got an invite. IMO she was asked to get Bulleit

is the invite shown at trial the same invite she received 9 years ago & stored or a copy which has been reproduced recently for the purposes of CA's trial? Who knows!

about 30 mins in:

Last edited:
It can be because of the nickname "Tuto" or owl symbols meaning death. It doesn't have to link to his sighting. We don't know what Wendi knows.
Tuto does not mean owl or death.
Oh, I’m sorry- I thought I heard that here! Is it not the case? I know a copy was shown at trial and the state didn’t contest it or raise an issue.
I am positive that the party did actually exist + the invite did actually exist. That isn't contested by the state, afaik.

If you haven’t seen, this is a fascinating analysis of WA‘s time with LE on 18 July 2014 — streamed three weeks ago on You Tube.

Wendi Adelson Understands Why She Would Be a Suspect in her Ex-husband’s Murder | Roberta Glass: True Crime Report​

Examining Wendi Adelson’s police questioning in her ex-husband, Dan Markel’s murder.

One thing I picked up in listening to the video again was that when LE found WA at lunch with her friends, they did not tell her why they were taking her to the station. During the five-plus hours she’s there, WA tells the detective and I think her friend Jane/Janine (in front of the victims advocate) she wondered during that car ride if they thought she was a suspect. To my recollection, they had not told her about Danny, or a shooting — it sounds like they were very vague. How did she come to the conclusion there was a crime to be a suspect in, unless she already knew there was a crime?

Second thing, to avoid talking to Danny, earlier in the week he was murdered WA had told him she had laryngitis but on the morning he was murdered, she told him that she was better and could talk about the boys’ school. But during the time at police station WA tells victims’ advocate that she and her friend Jane/Janine had taken a walk earlier that week and were discussing the post-divorce issues. Another disception!
Absolutely! Especially your “one thing”. She “didn’t know” in the car. So why think you’re a suspect? Very incriminating to my thinking. Moo

Not sure what to believe about the potential of owl coincidences but to get a photo of an owl during the day would be extremely rare — at least to my knowledge. I think without exception they are nocturnal.

Makes me wonder if the posted owl photo was fake as far as actually being taken by one of the murderers. A stock owl photo posted on SM could have served as a signal.

OMO. Just a thought.
My daughter took a pic of an owl that she saw in her backyard during the day. The owl was sitting in the shade under day lily leaves or something and you can see the sunlight shining through. The pic has a date of 2012.

My daughter took a pic of an owl that she saw in her backyard during the day. The owl was sitting in the shade under day lily leaves or something and you can see the sunlight shining through. The pic has a date of 2012.
It probably depends on the type of owl. We used to have a screech owl living in our palm tree that was only active at night.

How soon after the murder did KM/SG/JR receive the money?
Per memory My Memory, KM got the money that night from CA. (Then they took xanax, bumped uglies and went to sleep.)
KM said CA put the money in the trunk of her car. She drove to LR's gf's place the following morning (July 19th) and left the money there. LR said he was at the barber, but drove directly to his gf's (Jessica) to pick up the package ($$$) because he didn't want her to take it/spend it. (My explanation is a result of other videos, too.)
This link at 45:00 to 53:00 "the first phone call after the murder & talk about the money." But this is just one of his testimonies...but slight variations of the same info. (Sometimes it is difficult to distingquish which trial because like WA he wears the same outfit.)

A picture is worth a thousand words: is an adage in multiple languages meaning that complex and sometimes multiple ideas can be conveyed by a single still image. edited to add: My point being there was more interaction between KM & WA than just having met at dinner at Yardbird for the first time. The pic is significant in that it is labeled ' LEON COUNTY STATES ATTORNEY'S OFFICE....go figure!
1704163795010.png

Last edited:
It probably depends on the type of owl. We used to have a screech owl living in our palm tree that was only active at night.
I’m sure this owl was asleep in the shade and my daughter startled it awake. We also wondered if it was sick. I have personally never seen an owl during the day.

Interesting. I guess they do sometimes come out in day or maybe a certain type does. Or perhaps sick as also mentioned. I’ve never seen an owl in daylight and we have plenty of owls around our home.

But I stand corrected!

Last edited:
A picture is worth a thousand words: is an adage in multiple languages meaning that complex and sometimes multiple ideas can be conveyed by a single still image. edited to add: My point being there was more interaction between KM & WA than just having met at dinner at Yardbird for the first time. The pic is significant in that it is labeled ' LEON COUNTY STATES ATTORNEY'S OFFICE....go figure!
View attachment 471499
This picture makes me think that while Wendi had prior knowledge of the plan to kill DM, she had no idea that KM was involved. She has covered her tracks so well that I would find it hard to believe that she would have taken this pic knowing KM was the intermediary. Perhaps Charlie told her that KM arranged the hit at the dinner where she threw up. I am thinking that maybe she realized how close she was to the whole plan and that her freedom may be in jeopardy - ergo she became physically sick,

This picture makes me think that while Wendi had prior knowledge of the plan to kill DM, she had no idea that KM was involved. She has covered her tracks so well that I would find it hard to believe that she would have taken this pic knowing KM was the intermediary. Perhaps Charlie told her that KM arranged the hit at the dinner where she threw up. I am thinking that maybe she realized how close she was to the whole plan and that her freedom may be in jeopardy - ergo she became physically sick,

But WA has admitted to meeting KM once (or twice) hasn't she? Which would explain the photo?

(Well groomed cutie) Sgt. Christopher Corbitt goes over phone logs. I remembered his face, but I didn't realize just how important the information was for CA's trial, but also the upcoming trial of DA. A record/review the events 24 hours before, during and after DM's murder through phone records. LR's recollection of phone info is consistent. CA: Who calls their mother at 1 o'clock AM??? Warning: It's a lot of information, but spells out/confirms or clears up a lot of what has been recently discussed. If you can screen print some of the charts, it makes it easier to follow. (It helped when we went through something similar in the murder of beautiful Dr. Teresa Sievers, RIP. It took more years than World War II, to finally begin the trial of her killers.)
WA voice call to DM at 11:42 AM...hmmm (The only call made to his number....) Oh well, you can see it for yourself.
It starts at 6:51:22
(Jimmy buffet song, If The Phone Doesn't Ring, It's ME)
1704187674192.png

Last edited:
Lol, so CA is trying to say that this extortion all happened within 24 hours of the murder... what a clown.
Yes. His story on the stand, if I recall correctly, was that Katie came to his house that night after the murder, told him Dan had been killed, and said the killers wanted money from him.

In my opinion this is basically what happened- she DID go to his house on the night of the murder (per Katie), and most likely she DID say the killers wanted to be paid (per Luis, he heard Sig ask Katie when they would be paid in the call he made to Katie after the crime).

To me, the only difference, and it is an important one, is the extortion part. In my opinion Charlie has tailored his story to conform to the evidence.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member