FL - Jared Bridegan, 33, father of 4, ambushed & killed, Jacksonville Beach, 16 Feb 2022 *3 arrests, 1 guilty*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, as they say. IMO, I get some Fotis Dulos vibes here regarding the truck they're searching for. I could see SGF and/or MF borrowing/using someone else's truck whether it be blatantly asking to borrow it or using some sort of ruse and chicanery to get a vehicle from an unknowing accomplice.
SAME!! Maybe the vibes are standard for wealthy sociopaths that THINK they’re smarter than everyone else.

"Amid intensifying public scrutiny, Gardner-Fernandez, 35, gave a rare interview to local newspaper the Florida Times-Union in June in which she "denied published reports she had an affair that led to the end of the marriage."

"The day after filing for divorce, Gardner-Fernandez visited a tattoo parlor to get a piercing and listed her trainer-turned-alleged paramour as her emergency contact, according to a waiver obtained by Fox News Digital. At the time, she and Bridegan were still living together, family court documents say."

Oh, boy. Jurors don't like liars!
No, the jurors definitely won’t like that. I just don’t get the point of her denying it when JB’s discovery is part of divorce records?? And if anyone still questioned it, the husbands confirmation clears it up! True sociopathic behavior, continue to deny it even with mountains of evidence proving it.

New article released that also contains two news videos, one at the beginning and another towards the end:
‘Constant fear’: Jared Bridegan’s brother describes nightmare of unsolved murder

“This was such a heinous crime,” Bridegan’s older brother, Adam, said. “I mean, the amount of times he was shot, just to ensure that he was dead, that he wasn’t going to be able to recover, and all of us in our family are just devastated.”

Sgt. Tonya Tator who is with the Jacksonville PD believes an arrest will be made. She has worked this case since the night of the murder.

“There’s a good chance, a good, good chance,” Tator said during a sit-down interview with News4JAX. “Maybe not now, maybe not next week, but I feel confident that eventually, we will find the person or persons responsible for this.”

Last edited:
The mood doesn't seem right for this, what is supposed to be a somber memorial for her husband approximately a month after he was assassinated.

I get a vibe these pictures were more about her mother Shelli receiving blog hits, than to mourn her ex-son-inlaw's brutal murder.

Enormous Amounts of Love — SO SHELLI

*Get ready Shanna, it's coming, say all your goodbye's soon.

The mood doesn't seem right for this, what is supposed to be a somber memorial for her husband approximately a month after he was assassinated.

I get a vibe these pictures were more about her mother Shelli receiving blog hits, than to mourn her ex-son-inlaw's brutal murder.

Enormous Amounts of Love — SO SHELLI

*Get ready Shanna, it's coming, say all your goodbye's soon.

I think you're right, Stratocaster. The event I've dubbed, "Tacos-And-Tributes," felt anything but a memorial for Jared. I feel awful for his children. I can only imagine the heartache they are experiencing these days.

I'm curious as to the thoughts of Websleuthers concerning custody of the twins in the event that Shanna is arrested. Do you think Kirsten might be interested in gaining custody of them and, if so, would the court grant her request or would the twins automatically go to Shanna's parents?

I think you're right, Stratocaster. The event I've dubbed, "Tacos-And-Tributes," felt anything but a memorial for Jared. I feel awful for his children. I can only imagine the heartache they are experiencing these days.

I'm curious as to the thoughts of Websleuthers concerning custody of the twins in the event that Shanna is arrested. Do you think Kirsten might be interested in gaining custody of them and, if so, would the court grant her request or would the twins automatically go to Shanna's parents?
No way those kids will go to Kristin. Assuming Shanna's husband, the stepdad (an attorney?) is not involved in the murder, the kids will stay with him, at least initially. If he intends to raise them, they may give him custody. Stability for the kids is of utmost importance. Altho, as an attorney, he may not have time to raise them.

If either set of Gparents want custody, they'll have to file with the courts. I would expect Shanna's parents to raise a ruckus and go for custody. Money talks and they have plenty of it. I'd guess Jared's parents don't stand a chance against Shanna's parents. JMO

No way those kids will go to Kristin. Assuming Shanna's husband, the stepdad (an attorney?) is not involved in the murder, the kids will stay with him, at least initially. If he intends to raise them, they may give him custody. Stability for the kids is of utmost importance. Altho, as an attorney, he may not have time to raise them.

If either set of Gparents want custody, they'll have to file with the courts. I would expect Shanna's parents to raise a ruckus and go for custody. Money talks and they have plenty of it. I'd guess Jared's parents don't stand a chance against Shanna's parents. JMO
If they would consider the Stepdad, why not the Stepmom, especially in the interest in keeping the family together.

The kids may also have a say....(I would think)

If they would consider the Stepdad, why not the Stepmom, especially in the interest in keeping the family together.

The kids may also have a say....(I would think)
No, the kids are not old enough to have a say, yet.

Jared likely had joint custody with Shanna which means they could/would/should collaborate on major decisions such as healthcare, schooling, etc. However, primary physical custody was with Shanna and her husband. That means Jared had limited access.

Therefore, Kristin wouldn't have played a big enough role in the twins lives to warrant giving her full custody. She won't even get visitation now, ever. When the kids are adults, if they choose to see Kristin and their half siblings, then it's on them. If Shanna is not involved or charged, the parental alienation will be so profound by the time the twins are of age, that they won't reconnect with Kristin or their half siblings. JMO

Now let's assume Shanna, her husband, her mother, father and all her siblings, etc. were involved in Jared's murder. In that situation, Child Protective Services would step in for the children, they could go to foster care, or CPS could call Kristin and see if she'd be willing to take them. On the rare chance of hell freezing over and that actually happening, then Kristin could get custody. JMO after dealing with child custody arrangements in two states (FL & TN).

No, the kids are not old enough to have a say, yet.

Jared likely had joint custody with Shanna which means they could/would/should collaborate on major decisions such as healthcare, schooling, etc. However, primary physical custody was with Shanna and her husband. That means Jared had limited access.

Therefore, Kristin wouldn't have played a big enough role in the twins lives to warrant giving her full custody. She won't even get visitation now, ever. When the kids are adults, if they choose to see Kristin and their half siblings, then it's on them. If Shanna is not involved or charged, the parental alienation will be so profound by the time the twins are of age, that they won't reconnect with Kristin or their half siblings. JMO

Now let's assume Shanna, her husband, her mother, father and all her siblings, etc. were involved in Jared's murder. In that situation, Child Protective Services would step in for the children, they could go to foster care, or CPS could call Kristin and see if she'd be willing to take them. On the rare chance of hell freezing over and that actually happening, then Kristin could get custody. JMO after dealing with child custody arrangements in two states (FL & TN).

It's actually, "Kirsten." And it's quite common for courts to consider the wishes of young children in custody deliberations, although the wishes of children over 12 tend to be given greater consideration. The twins are 10 years old.
Having said this, I yield to your greater expertise about Florida's custody laws, however, since my experience is limited to NC.

We have to remember that Kirsten is the mother of the twin's half siblings. This biological connection makes them closer relatives to Kirsten than to Mario Fernandez. Yet you say that Mario will retain custody of children to which he has no biological connection. Once again, your knowledge of Florida custody law is greater than my own.

I will say that while Kirsten may not receive, or expect, custody of the twins, the court might allow the siblings to have visitation times. I think this would especially be true if Shanna is arrested and convicted of Jared's murder.

While it's a fact that Sterling and Shelli Gardner have lots of money and would likely do everything possible to keep Shanna's children away from Kirsten, I think it would result in later resentment as these children will grow into adults who long to know more about their murdered father's other children, from whom they will have been unfairly alienated.

"In a twist in the Jared Bridegan murder mystery, police reports reveal his ex-wife's new husband was investigated in connection with an animal cruelty complaint after a beloved neighborhood cat mysteriously turned up dead."

"The twins also raised concerns about Fernandez to Bridegan in September 2018 — years before Bridegan's murder.
Their daughter had complained that Fernandez 'was grabbing me like hard and I do not like it' Bridegan wrote in a concerned email to Gardner-Fernandez."

We are learning so much day by day.
No stone is being left unturned.

It's actually, "Kirsten." And it's quite common for courts to consider the wishes of young children in custody deliberations, although the wishes of children over 12 tend to be given greater consideration. The twins are 10 years old.
Having said this, I yield to your greater expertise about Florida's custody laws, however, since my experience is limited to NC.

We have to remember that Kirsten is the mother of the twin's half siblings. This biological connection makes them closer relatives to Kirsten than to Mario Fernandez. Yet you say that Mario will retain custody of children to which he has no biological connection. Once again, your knowledge of Florida custody law is greater than my own.

I will say that while Kirsten may not receive, or expect, custody of the twins, the court might allow the siblings to have visitation times. I think this would especially be true if Shanna is arrested and convicted of Jared's murder.

While it's a fact that Sterling and Shelli Gardner have lots of money and would likely do everything possible to keep Shanna's children away from Kirsten, I think it would result in later resentment as these children will grow into adults who long to know more about their murdered father's other children, from whom they will have been unfairly alienated.
Sorry for the typo on her name, I guess I had a dyslexic moment with the i and the r. No disrespect meant at all.

In reality, I did payroll law work, but I'm not an attorney. Just familiar with how the law reads, versus how the law works, in both payroll and my own child custody experience.

It sure sounds nice on paper that they'll consider the kids wishes. In reality, that won't happen because they're too young. Our judge had no interesting in speaking with our girls, not even the 14 year old.

If requested, the court will usually appoint a Guardian Ad Litem (GAL). The twins can tell the GAL their wishes, and the GAL will write a recommendation to the court. Often times, the court follows the GAL's recommendation.

If the GAL recommends they don't live with the stepdad, the court would likely award temporary custody to the grandparents first. Anyone, a sibling, aunt/uncle, or Kirsten would have to be standing in that courtroom, with their own attorney, having already petitioned for custody, proving they are ready, willing, and financially stable, to be able to take on the care of the twins. And even then, it is doubtful the court would grant them temporary guardianship. That's just my opinion and I could most certainly be wrong.

The stepdad has physically been in the picture since prior to his 2018 marriage to Shanna. That's 5 years of physical presence, half their lives, raising those twins. That stability is vitally important and the status quo usually prevails. The biological connection, or lack thereof, defers to that. I just don't see Kirsten being the courts first choice. Her physical presence has been intermittent via the court's parenting plan.

I cannot stress enough the profound parental alienation in this situation. Parental alienation is borne of a seething, unrelenting anger. Shanna wanted Jared dead and that's what she got. Now her children will pay for the rest of their lives. To someone like Shanna, that's a win, not a loss.

Love your children, more than you hate your Ex. That concept is lost on Shanna.

I sincerely hope I am 100% wrong.

No way those kids will go to Kristin. Assuming Shanna's husband, the stepdad (an attorney?) is not involved in the murder, the kids will stay with him, at least initially.
RS&BBM

According to that latest Fox update about the deceased cat,

Gardner-Fernandez, the heiress to the Stampin’ Up! paper-craft fortune, married her new husband, a part-time personal trainer, about three years after her acrimonious split from Bridegan.

While it's a fact that Sterling and Shelli Gardner have lots of money and would likely do everything possible to keep Shanna's children away from Kirsten,

Another facet of this to remember (should it ever come to pass), is that one of the twins has a health issue that requires him living at/near sea-level (not high altitude). That is the reason supposedly why SG-F & JB originally moved from UT to FL. So location will likely play a big role, if it ever comes down to a custody issue.

MOO.

Last edited:
Don't know if this has been posted yet, but interesting article from today:

While this seems to say a lot about him, he hasn’t been convicted of the pet killing. This is why neighbors close by are a bad idea.

While this seems to say a lot about him, he hasn’t been convicted of the pet killing. This is why neighbors close by are a bad idea.
It will probably be hard to prove he killed the cat. A lot of circumstantial evidence in that article though if you ask me. He admitted to shooting stray cats in his backyard with a BB gun.

"In a twist in the Jared Bridegan murder mystery, police reports reveal his ex-wife's new husband was investigated in connection with an animal cruelty complaint after a beloved neighborhood cat mysteriously turned up dead."

"The twins also raised concerns about Fernandez to Bridegan in September 2018 — years before Bridegan's murder.
Their daughter had complained that Fernandez 'was grabbing me like hard and I do not like it' Bridegan wrote in a concerned email to Gardner-Fernandez."

We are learning so much day by day.
No stone is being left unturned.

The animal cruelty part has been posted before. It is worse than stated in the above article. I would link the original article, but cannot find it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1