FL - Jennifer Kesse, 24, Orlando, 24 Jan 2006 - #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Respectfully snipped:

Great way to get an alibi for that morning, no? Do we know if she was taken at night, or very early morning?

I agree 100%

There have been sources saying that it happened in the morning, but her phone and the friend's phone that she had in her possession, both shut off about 40 minutes after she spoke to her boyfriend the night before, I believe. If I'm wrong, someone jump in to correct me, thanks.

I agree, and I've always thought night rather than morning going to work, but I will say that off top of my head I think it's a little hard to plan on getting pulled over for speeding. Maybe others have a different take on that?

The investigative firm of Copenhaver & Associates has been retained by an unnamed client to conduct a renewed investigation into the disappearance of Jennifer Kesse. We will release a statement within the next few days. As always, anyone with any information is asked to contact me. Contact info is below.

That is phenomenal. I will certainly contact and see if any of my image work is of any help to you. I was just thinking recently that my 19" CRT monitor which I did all the work and showed detail so clearly bit the dust several years ago and I never bought a replacement. If someone is actually going to investigate I may need to get one on the way and take another look at those poi images.

When I looked up Copenhaver and Associates , they seemed to deal mostly with work for a defense. I don't know if that is true here. Maybe somebody doesn't like getting mentioned and wants to prove their innocence or someone wants alternative theories in case of a arrest. I guess we will see soon with the statement.

"Evidence at her residence, including a wet towel and clothes laid out, indicated that Jennifer was at home the morning of January 24 and had showered and dressed for work.."

Who's to say somebody else didn't use the shower though? It's all so frustrating. I fear this case is never going to be solved sadly. [emoji20]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When I looked up Copenhaver and Associates , they seemed to deal mostly with work for a defense. I don't know if that is true here. Maybe somebody doesn't like getting mentioned and wants to prove their innocence or someone wants alternative theories in case of a arrest. I guess we will see soon with the statement.

That's a very interesting take. Thanks for that insight scadagirl.

caveat: I've never heard anything about any of this until today, and haven't followed other crimes such as search for Caylee or other appearances on tv by Copenhaver. But I googled the info this evening that was posted on previous page (and sent an email, and ordered a 19" CRT, sheesh, not even made any more, are we relegated to LCD viewing capability, my goodness gracious, it's ok but this requires the greatest detail). They have a nice website, that is Copenhaver on left as you thought, click on about us or something like that on site and it shows three other principals. The address is different now than the poster image posted above. If you have trouble finding the site the url is posted on previous page in the info but I didn't use that directly, I found it in roundabout way with search. I don't know anything else about the other questions.

rd,
I think you did such great job getting the shot of the poi as he turned around in picture three . I see a Caucasian male with glasses . What is your assessment? Also is that some type of beard or elongated soul patch ?

thanks. trust me, finding the poi in the picture turned around no less was absolutely shocking. I mean I think I went into shock when I found I was looking at a face that was looking back at me because all I was looking for was any detail that might have been missed. That was quite a detail.

I have said from beginning that it's either a chinstrap for the bike helmet or a goatee. When I found the bike security guard picture for the firm in S Florida that matches this poi pretty much spot on the security guard had a chinstrap on his bike helmet. The company lost their security license a few months after Jennifer disappeared but I was hoping someone would be able to source any of the particulars of that equipped bike security officer. It is very rare based on the many searches I did for the bike officer to wear long pants and a thigh holster as seen in the poi images and in the security PR photo.

If I had been aware of particular getups like that I might have actually looked for certain things but as it was I found them and then tried to find something that looked like it. That one security firm website photo was the only one I found that matched it, months later.

The thing I wasn't able to do was tie the prominent ring around the neck in both photos one and two with a helmet strap and the chinstrap, the rings have about the size and texture of a helmet strap but circle around the neck, so I don't know.

But I do believe that's his helmet chinstrap and wearing sunglasses and a hat with no visor ie bike helmet. Pretty good details considering.

I don't think the co-worker did it.
I think a stalker killed jennifer most likely at night around the time her phone went dead

It certainly appears the crime took place in the morning.... Going off topic now, forgive, just my active noggin at play.... watching perhaps too many fictional mystery shows on TV.... I thinking of a plot whereby a very clever attacker takes his victim at night, and then creates a ruse of leaving wet towels and setting out his victim's clothes to make it appear she was there in the AM. He even goes so far as to do something that gets him arrested that morning so that he now has the perfect alibi...

ETA - funny thing, I bet if you were to submit this as a plot for a mystery show like Vera, or Inspector Lewis, etc... you'd be turned down as it's too simple; yet, in real life it seems too complicated....

I don't think the co-worker did it.
I think a stalker killed jennifer most likely at night around the time her phone went dead

Given what Jennifer's dad said about her phone being turned off at night (on the guestbook on their webpage), I think it's likely it could have happened at night. But if it did, I believe it is likely that she opened the door to someone she trusted. Not her BF as LE has determined - probably from his phone records since he had just called her - that he was 2 hours away. The thing is - there is no sign of a struggle in the condo.

But then there is no sign of a struggle in the parking lot either if it was a morning abduction. And the abductor would have had much more time to clean up if it was done at night. Given that they have used her car and taken it away from the condos, a morning abduction makes more sense.

This case is tough to even come up with when it might have happened, let alone how or why.

Given what Jennifer's dad said about her phone being turned off at night (on the guestbook on their webpage), I think it's likely it could have happened at night. But if it did, I believe it is likely that she opened the door to someone she trusted. Not her BF as LE has determined - probably from his phone records since he had just called her - that he was 2 hours away. The thing is - there is no sign of a struggle in the condo.

But then there is no sign of a struggle in the parking lot either if it was a morning abduction. And the abductor would have had much more time to clean up if it was done at night. Given that they have used her car and taken it away from the condos, a morning abduction makes more sense.

This case is tough to even come up with when it might have happened, let alone how or why.

Good post! I had wondered if LE thought the perp had cleaned up at the condo. But, they never really looked at the condo did they? I thought her parents had to clean out the condo before LE took the abduction seriously? Is there a public FB for Jennifer or another website that the Kesses run for Jenniver? This case is so frustrating on many levels.

thanks. trust me, finding the poi in the picture turned around no less was absolutely shocking. I mean I think I went into shock when I found I was looking at a face that was looking back at me because all I was looking for was any detail that might have been missed. That was quite a detail.

I have said from beginning that it's either a chinstrap for the bike helmet or a goatee. When I found the bike security guard picture for the firm in S Florida that matches this poi pretty much spot on the security guard had a chinstrap on his bike helmet. The company lost their security license a few months after Jennifer disappeared but I was hoping someone would be able to source any of the particulars of that equipped bike security officer. It is very rare based on the many searches I did for the bike officer to wear long pants and a thigh holster as seen in the poi images and in the security PR photo.

If I had been aware of particular getups like that I might have actually looked for certain things but as it was I found them and then tried to find something that looked like it. That one security firm website photo was the only one I found that matched it, months later.

The thing I wasn't able to do was tie the prominent ring around the neck in both photos one and two with a helmet strap and the chinstrap, the rings have about the size and texture of a helmet strap but circle around the neck, so I don't know.

But I do believe that's his helmet chinstrap and wearing sunglasses and a hat with no visor ie bike helmet. Pretty good details considering.

Have you posted the photos you are describing here? I would love to see them and see what you are describing.

"Evidence at her residence, including a wet towel and clothes laid out, indicated that Jennifer was at home the morning of January 24 and had showered and dressed for work.."

Who's to say somebody else didn't use the shower though? It's all so frustrating. I fear this case is never going to be solved sadly. [emoji20]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think this is an interesting idea -someone else used the shower, like the perp. However, apparently LE/family went into her condo and didn't see anything amiss. They thought it looked like Jennifer had gotten up in the morning, showered, headed out to work. I just see the most likely scenario is that Jennifer herself used the shower. Either he didn't leave "tracks" so to speak, or he went to quite a bit of trouble to stage the scene. Just doesn't seem very plausible to me.

However, I do have a question regarding the timing of this: If her cell phone was "off" (meaning powered off?) the evening before, the obvious question is: Was it usually? Is there a way of knowing? Is it thought that it being "off" was simply that, at the end of the day, she turned it off to charge during the night? I don't think one needs to turn it off to charge it, but I'm wondering what others' thoughts are here. In my book, the statement that "the phone was turned off the night before" isn't very helpful, with at least a clarification, such as "we think she was charging it", we knew she couldn't be reached during the night because we knew her phone was always off" or "that seems unusual" from her parents. Something.

And this: If she did, indeed, turn off her phone every night, wouldn't that make her feel even less at ease in the half-empty/under construction building complex than she already was? Alone at night, sleeping in a half-empty building, where the security system/gate wasn't working yet, with her phone off?

Respectfully snipped
If her cell phone was "off" (meaning powered off?) the evening before, the obvious question is: Was it usually? Is there a way of knowing?

You hit upon something that bugs me in so many of these cases - our not knowing what is routine versus what is not routine for a victim to do; even all the little things one does in their life. Knowing this kind of info might tell allot...

Have you posted the photos you are describing here? I would love to see them and see what you are describing.

In all these reams of posts I have posted several links through the years and discussed, etc. I don't want to seem like I'm trying to divert attention so I'm just saying google Jennifer Kesse POI Blowups and its first or one of first results that come up, it's a very large web page so these days with all these little phones and smaller higher density screens I imagine the results wouldn't be helpful. But it would be great for you take a look and hopefully is helpful to you. The work has been posted for nine years or so now. I think the change in devices people use just makes it harder and harder to see the detail. I just had a 19' CRT shipped to me, had to buy on ebay, not even made anymore. But the detail was exact.

I'll be glad to discuss here if you're able to take a look.

Yes, what was the normal for her cell phone? I would never turn my cell phone off. Even if Jennifer and her BF had an argument, I don't see that as a reason for her to turn her phone completely off. You would simply ignore those calls. It raises red flags for her to have turned her phone off. Someone instructed her to turn the phone off or powered it off themselves. Not good.

Yes, what was the normal for her cell phone? I would never turn my cell phone off. Even if Jennifer and her BF had an argument, I don't see that as a reason for her to turn her phone completely off. You would simply ignore those calls. It raises red flags for her to have turned her phone off. Someone instructed her to turn the phone off or powered it off themselves. Not good.

I think there's no doubt about this. Huge red flags.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member