FL - Jessica Lunsford, 9, abducted & murdered, Homosassa, 27 Feb 2005

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The PD did their best to track Couey down but they were being lied to by Couey's sister and the crack heads she lived with. Their trailer was searched but they found no sign of Couey and no sign of Jessica. Unfortunately, they neglected to look in the one closet where Couey was supposedly holding Jessie. :(

If there was no sign of Couey then does that mean that he had already buried Jesse? I remember now that LE was lied to by everyone in that house.
I would imagine if they had looked in the closet they would have seen proof that Jesse had been there. Didn't they notice the bed? Wasn't there evidence on the bed?

I just watched a video saying that Mark will hold a press conference on Tuesday next week and talk about the law suit. I'm really curious to know what he just found out that led him to file this suit. He says that new info has come to light that caused him to rethink his position on the job that LE did trying to find Jesse.

Just days ago Mark invited the Sheriff to the motorcycle thing that he does every year to raise money for his foundation. The sheriff is going to attend because he said that the run is for the children and not about the Lunsfords.

I am in Fl for a month & heard on the local News lastnight that it is Mark & his Ex wife. They can't file suit for 6 months.

It sounds like it is over LE not knowing where Couey was at......that if the sex offenders are allowed to run the streets then someone better be watching them so this don't happen to anyone else.

Couey wasn't from that area and I don't think anyone knew he was there. He should have been registered there when he moved in with his sister but he didn't register. I don't think that LE has any way of knowing that a sex offender that should be registered has moved to their town unless the offender comes in and registers or he gets into trouble. If Couey didn't tell the LE in the town that he moved from that he was moving to Florida then they wouldn't have known where he was either. I think there has to be a way to track these creeps but so far the system that they have isn't working. I don't know if anyone even checks to see if the registered offenders are where they are supposed to be...their home.

I am so sickened that they are bashing Mark Lunsford. So are they saying if he had been there but did not hear Couey come in it would also be his fault? He did not leave his daughter alone to fend for herself. Her grandparents are very decent and dependable grandparents and imo Mark knew that. He was a single man who deserved to have free time just like anyone else as long as he made sure Jessie was left with someone who cared deeply for her.

And I wonder how many of them would readily admit that they are not perfect either and may have forgotten to lock a door or two in their life time. When I see some like this whining and pointing their skinny crooked fingers and looking down their noses in righteous indignation at others it makes me wonder if they are trying to hide their own imperfections behind their superior attitudes.:confused:

Mark has his reasons for filing this lawsuit and with it taking him 3 years to decide then imo he put a lot of thought into the decision.

I do think that the Sheriff's department has some explaining to do. I never understood how Couey could remove the steps, take Jessie out there and bury her alive all the while it was after she went missing and the police were supposed to be all over that place.

imoo
I couldn't agree more. Even if Mark had been home chances are he might not have heard anything. The dog didn't even bark. I also don't understand how Couie could have buried her or not be seen there. Cops and searchers were all over the place almost immediately. Once LE had the information about Couey maybe living in the trailer they should have had surveillance on it 24/7. Also, if I was LE and the owners of the trailer gave me the go ahead to search (like the sister did), then I would have moved every piece of furniture, looked under the trailer, and in every cabinet before I would have said she was not there. Frankly, I don't see how the officers that searched that trailer can continue in their job knowing they sent a little girl to certain death by not taking more time and doing a complete search. I think Couey is telling the truth about keeping her a few days. Why would he make up something so fantastic which would only p*ss everyone off and insure him the death penalty? I think Mark just can't wrap his mind around the fact that his little girl was still alive and heard people calling for her, was still tortured and then buried alive all within 100 yards of her home. I know I certainly can't.

If there was no sign of Couey then does that mean that he had already buried Jesse? I remember now that LE was lied to by everyone in that house.
I would imagine if they had looked in the closet they would have seen proof that Jesse had been there. Didn't they notice the bed? Wasn't there evidence on the bed?

This is from Crime Library and may answer some of your questions.

I do not know where to post this.. I will try here..
777.03 Accessory after the fact.--

[SIZE=-1](b) Any person who maintains or assists the principal or accessory before the fact, or gives the offender any other aid, knowing that the offender had committed the offense of child abuse, neglect of a child, aggravated child abuse, aggravated manslaughter of a child under 18 years of age, or murder of a child under 18 years of age, or had been an accessory thereto before the fact, with the intent that the offender avoids or escapes detection, arrest, trial, or punishment, is an accessory after the fact unless the court finds that the person is a victim of domestic violence. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=-1]Copied the above from the Anthony case....[/SIZE]

I do not understand why Coueys family could not be charged for helping him hide in the trailer or providing bus ticket...
This has really bothered me!!

You are right. I mean how many more kids need to be raped and murdered because of these pigs? I dont get it. I dont want to pay to keep there butts in jail and supply them with cable tv, food, and a bed when there victims are lying cold in the ground. Good grief this gets me fired up. :furious:

Actually, it cost more to execute a prisoner than to keep them in prison for life. Couey is evil and we deserve to be protected from him so that he cannot hurt anymore children. It is sad to see that some Americans think it's "ok" to "exterminate" someone. No one, not citizens, nor the government should be able to take a life. If someone does, like Couey, they should be removed from society. God will deal with his "life" here on earth and when it ends.

I can't think of a more deserving recipient!:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

I'd like to volunteer to push the button on the syringes

I really wish they wouldn't put him in solitary. I'd like for him to feel some of the fear and pain that Jessica felt. Maybe like Dahmer he won't get the opportunity to be executed.

I really wish they wouldn't put him in solitary. I'd like for him to feel some of the fear and pain that Jessica felt. Maybe like Dahmer he won't get the opportunity to be executed.

AMEN
To me that would be sweet justice !!

I do not know where to post this.. I will try here..
777.03 Accessory after the fact.--

[SIZE=-1](b) Any person who maintains or assists the principal or accessory before the fact, or gives the offender any other aid, knowing that the offender had committed the offense of child abuse, neglect of a child, aggravated child abuse, aggravated manslaughter of a child under 18 years of age, or murder of a child under 18 years of age, or had been an accessory thereto before the fact, with the intent that the offender avoids or escapes detection, arrest, trial, or punishment, is an accessory after the fact unless the court finds that the person is a victim of domestic violence. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=-1]Copied the above from the Anthony case....[/SIZE]

I do not understand why Coueys family could not be charged for helping him hide in the trailer or providing bus ticket...
This has really bothered me!!

I do not recall the specifics, but I did think some of the family were arrested along with Couey. It might be that they gave evidence against him in exchange for not being charged or for receiving some other favor in the faces of charges that could have been made against them. This is fairly common in the justice system.

Since we discussing these cases that I am tired of surrounding me in thie Beautiful State, here's a recent update on the Murderer of Carlie Brucia:

http://www.heraldtribune.com/article/20090108/ARTICLE/901080355/-1/NEWSSITEMAP

New trial sought for man convicted of killing Carlie Brucia

"The state Supreme Court challenge of Joseph P. Smith's conviction is the first part of a mandatory appeal for all defendants sentenced to the death penalty. He was sentenced to death in 2005 by a Sarasota County judge.

Smith, 42, an unemployed auto mechanic and convicted drug abuser, was high on cocaine when a surveillance camera captured him in the act of abducting Carlie behind a car wash on Bee Ridge Road on Feb. 1, 2004.

The videotape, and the discovery of Carlie's body several days later, captivated the nation and outraged the community."

I wish they would just give this monster to Jesse's daddy. He would have people lining up to help him give the "death penalty" to this human stain.

Good. It should have burned down a long time ago, with Couey in it and his enabling family too. It would have given him a taste of what his eternity will be.

I agree. The owner should have burned or dismantled and destroyed the thing a long time ago.

No doubt that Haleigh going missing has brought up lots of old emotions from Jessica's case - lots of anger understandably. Wonder who burned the trailer down, though I don't wonder why.

Just knowing that Jessie's family never has to see THAT place again is comforting to me. And I agree, if only CreepyCrackHeadChildMolesting Couey had been trapped in a closet as the flames flickered.......

Good! No one should have to see that place and, in this rare circumstance, the pyro should be given a medal of honor!:woohoo:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elkravetsky
Back