FL - Jessica Lunsford, 9, abducted & murdered, Homosassa, 27 Feb 2005

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
(Matthew 18:6)
"But whoso shall offend one of these little ones which believe in me, it were better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and [that] he were drowned in the depth of the sea."

Sounds like Capital Punishment to me!

Nore said:
-------------------------

Hi, Ohio is 2nd in speed of death penalty,believe Fla. is 3rd..Yes Texas is #1 and more power to them! I hope they put Couey in the GP. he wont last a week!
P.S. I was an abused child also ~for me~ my wrath is with people who continue to do it.
I was physically and mentally abused, not sexually Thank God.
I just have to chime in here for Oklahoma. I think it's Texas, Oklahoma, then Florida. Ohio executes very few.

Has anyone heard anything?
Seems like it is about time...maybe even past time.
Wasn't sentencing suppossed to be in May?
What's the hold up?! We want to know!

Ditto...I asked Mark but haven't heard from him yet. The last I heard about
6 weeks ago the court was going to test the creep to see if he was retarded.

:mad:

:liar: :liar: :liar:

:sick: :banghead: :( :doh: :silenced: :furious: :bang: :mad: :hand: :razz: :snooty:

-----------
Thanks to all for bringing this up.I've been wondering too.I hope they have it on tv, want to see the look on the Peds.face..IMO

This is from March:

Couey's Final Sentence Could Be Months Off

Also, if jurors recommend death, it could be months before Circuit Judge Ric Howard makes the ultimate decision.

The delay would be needed for hearings dealing with John Evander Couey's mental capacity, something the jury will hear this week but Howard won't consider until later.

http://www.tbo.com/news/metro/MGB1PL0O7ZE.html

This is from March:

Couey's Final Sentence Could Be Months Off

Also, if jurors recommend death, it could be months before Circuit Judge Ric Howard makes the ultimate decision.

The delay would be needed for hearings dealing with John Evander Couey's mental capacity, something the jury will hear this week but Howard won't consider until later.

http://www.tbo.com/news/metro/MGB1PL0O7ZE.html

he's not retarded...he's a mean, low-life, no good, crack head, .....imo

"If jurors recommend death, there would be as many as three more hearings: one to decide whether Couey is retarded and, therefore, should not be sentenced to death; another as a catchall hearing for issues jurors didn't hear during the trial; and a third for the sentencing."

(from the link above)

"If jurors recommend death, there would be as many as three more hearings: one to decide whether Couey is retarded and, therefore, should not be sentenced to death; another as a catchall hearing for issues jurors didn't hear during the trial; and a third for the sentencing."

(from the link above)

Your so right!!!
It shouldn't make any difference if he is retarded or not. He knew enough to do the crime.........

(from the link above)

You got that right!! If he's shown to be retarded, take the death penalty off the table and put him in general pop. He knew enough to bury her and leave town...couldn't be too retarded.

http://blogs.tampabay.com/couey/

Couey going back to court
After a three-month hiatus, John Couey returns to court July 17 for a hearing to determine whether he is eligible for the death penalty, court officials announced.

The convicted killer of Jessica Lunsford is scheduled to appear before Circuit Judge Ric Howard in Citrus County for a hearing about whether he is mentally retarded.

This hearing worries me. Couey most likely wasn't the brightest bulb in the bunch to start with. Then after years of drug abuse, he most likely killed quite a few brain cells. Considering that he doesn't want the death penalty, he won't be "applying" himself to any testing. This one worries me more than the trial- because I always believed the trial was a sure thing.

This hearing worries me. Couey most likely wasn't the brightest bulb in the bunch to start with. Then after years of drug abuse, he most likely killed quite a few brain cells. Considering that he doesn't want the death penalty, he won't be "applying" himself to any testing. This one worries me more than the trial- because I always believed the trial was a sure thing.

I have a good feeling on this one- think it will be dp :woohoo:

Finally! A date with justice.

August 07, 2007
Couey not retarded, eligible for death penalty, judge rules

article at tampabay.com

sentencing is Aug.24

Finally! A date with justice.
---------------
I am so glad to hear this.I have no doubt he will get the death sentence.I hope it comes before 3pm. as I will have to leave for work.If I do, I'll tape it! I have to see the scums face!!!

I wonder if i could get a seat to see this on the 24th. this is something I definitely like to see in person.

I don't see why not..get there early the courtrooms are small. I might see you there.
You probably will see me and you might hear me. I will be the one who is getting arrested for making all the noise in the court room. I'll probably only have time to get abt 10 vulgar words out of my mouth so I better start practicing.:crazy:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyTheSleuth
Back