FL - Jessica Lunsford, 9, abducted & murdered, Homosassa, 27 Feb 2005

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
We just arrived home from Inverness. We weren't allowed into the court room, but they provided an overflow room where we were able to view the court via cameras.
The whole experience was very emotional.

I personally think they need to put him in a room with Mark Lunsford and a baseball bat...quick and simple and would save the state of Florida lots of money.
------------

Boy do I agree! I saw Mark holding back tears and my heart just broke! I would like to see him in the GP..

With all due respect, justice has not been served and even when he's executed (IF he's executed), justice will still not be served. There is no justice and there is no closure.

This is so true . Mark will never have closure or justice. The system might have worked today , but that is not justice for Jessie.
Real justice would be Jessie still here starting school and riding her bike around the yard. That would be justice.

This is so true . Mark will never have closure or justice. The system might have worked today , but that is not justice for Jessie.
Real justice would be Jessie still here starting school and riding her bike around the yard. That would be justice.

Agreed! I can't see any closure from the events of the day. From what I could gather talking to local people the pain is still very much alive. I saw a lot of satisfaction on the faces of the LE that were in the room with us. I can understand they want this to be done and overwith. I was more upset when I left the courthouse than ever before. A reporter tried to do an interview with us and the only words I could get out of my mouth was "I'm glad its over". Then I cried and couldn't stop.

Agreed! I can't see any closure from the events of the day. From what I could gather talking to local people the pain is still very much alive. I saw a lot of satisfaction on the faces of the LE that were in the room with us. I can understand they want this to be done and overwith. I was more upset when I left the courthouse than ever before. A reporter tried to do an interview with us and the only words I could get out of my mouth was "I'm glad its over". Then I cried and couldn't stop.

I can understand the crying... done that all day . Especially when the judge started reading . It all came back, I feel today just like the day she went missing. That was rough too and now two years later its like it was yesterday.
The pain will never go away, the void will never be filled and the anger will always stay right below the surface.

I can understand the crying... done that all day . Especially when the judge started reading . It all came back, I feel today just like the day she went missing. That was rough too and now two years later its like it was yesterday.
The pain will never go away, the void will never be filled and the anger will always stay right below the surface.
I think the only way to deal with this horrible pain is follow Mark's lead and start doing things to change the way things are. Jesse is everyone's child. And we are the caretakers of all the little Jesse's of the world.

I think the only way to deal with this horrible pain is follow Mark's lead and start doing things to change the way things are. Jesse is everyone's child. And we are the caretakers of all the little Jesse's of the world.

That is one way of looking at it. I made a promise two years ago and I've not backed down from it. We all have to work for change, otherwise the evil will take over.

That is one way of looking at it. I made a promise two years ago and I've not backed down from it. We all have to work for change, otherwise the evil will take over.
I learned today how different this is when "your there". Its much different than viewing on tv or in blogs.

the DP is as close to justice as the law will allow. it wont stop the pain and it wont bring her back. no matter what they do. her killers crime was so horrible the debt will never be paid. if any crime calls for the DP it is this 1. many of us cheered the ruling because we want him to pay. he can not pay, her life had a value that someone like him can never understand. i know he will probably die of old age before they ever set a date to kill him. i'm glad he got the DP anyway. it is the least this crime deserved. mark wanted it. couey did not.

please read the link anniegirl posted. how many other little girls out there at this very moment are just as special as she was and face the same fate. twice i know couey came into little girls bedrooms in the middle of the night and touched them before her ever saw jessie. he was still free to go after her. when will we stand up and put a stop to men like this before they send our innocent angels to God way to early???

The only thing even close to Justice would be to turn on old Sparky for Couey to make a visit.

Or like many have suggested he be put in G-POP which would never happen even if he was not on Death row.

Annie Girl, your link made me cry. Jessie was such a sweet little girl. It takes a cold, cold heart to kill her.

the DP is as close to justice as the law will allow. it wont stop the pain and it wont bring her back. no matter what they do. her killers crime was so horrible the debt will never be paid. if any crime calls for the DP it is this 1. many of us cheered the ruling because we want him to pay. he can not pay, her life had a value that someone like him can never understand. i know he will probably die of old age before they ever set a date to kill him. i'm glad he got the DP anyway. it is the least this crime deserved. mark wanted it. couey did not.

please read the link anniegirl posted. how many other little girls out there at this very moment are just as special as she was and face the same fate. twice i know couey came into little girls bedrooms in the middle of the night and touched them before her ever saw jessie. he was still free to go after her. when will we stand up and put a stop to men like this before they send our innocent angels to God way to early???

I have read it . That was the promise I made to work to change the laws in every state.... still doesn't mean that there will ever be justice or closure. Not going to happen .

Amen.

Annie Girl, your link made me cry. Jessie was such a sweet little girl. It takes a cold, cold heart to kill her.

I have viewed it a few times and cry every time- even when Mark spoke yesterday and joked as he says to keep from crying.

As Amra suggested him being put in GP in prison would be nice; i dont think he;d last long-and i think they'd make sure he suffered immensely ~ But.......no..he'll be on death row, 'protected' living amongst those who likely are alot like him--- for years and years-- i hope i live to see the day CNN tells us," John Couey will be put to death at midnight tonight "(than remind the viewers what he did.. but I will remember)---and again he will still be 'protected' from so much less pain and torture than Jessica got.. he'll likely choose lethal injection which is painless..you go to sleep than die- no gasping for air, smothering ..like Jessie did.:banghead:

As i said before I'd love to whoop this weasel over and over with the sharp end of a shovel , than bury him alive.:clap:

I recall seeing Jessica's mother from Ohio ( i believe it is Ohio?) when Jessie was missing but haven't recognized her anywhere in other of the court room sessions?

I know Mark has custody of Jessie since age one, and have read her mother only called at times to speak with Jessie , last time was her last birthday the Oct before she was murdered.
Does anyone know if she was in the courtroom yesterday or at any time?

I would've hitchhiked from Ohio (?)if i had to do this last thing for my daughter.

I recall seeing Jessica's mother from Ohio ( i believe it is Ohio?) when Jessie was missing but haven't recognized her anywhere in other of the court room sessions?

I know Mark has custody of Jessie since age one, and have read her mother only called at times to speak with Jessie , last time was her last birthday the Oct before she was murdered.
Does anyone know if she was in the courtroom yesterday or at any time?

I would've hitchhiked from Ohio (?)if i had to do this last thing for my daughter.

Angela was in Miami and as for yesterday I heard she was there.

think a mod would be willing to place a link to this thread in the couey trial forum? just a new closed thread that says sentencing and a link here or something? that way in the years to come as appeal after appeal comes up and we have people search back on the crime they will find it all together. just a idea. up to them of course.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NysesPieces
Back