Found Deceased FL - Kelly Glover, 37, visiting from Utah, Ft Lauderdale, 9 Jan 2020

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
But if true, how? Is it like a walkway/bridge, and she went out for a walk? In her socks and shawl? What, to sightsee or get air? And how do you fall in and not be able to get yourself out? Was she intoxicated? Are we sure there was no foul play? I suppose this stuff can happen, but really would like to see the back of the hotel and learn. My gosh.
Some helpful photos here: خرائط ‪Google‬‏‏

Screenshot (166).png

There are 2 westin hotels in Ft Lauderdale. I thought she was at the one that was NOT on the water?

So tragic. Seems like maybe she wasn’t in her right mind... ambien or panic attack.

just read an article that more Americans are dying by suicide at work than ever before.

if she went to meet up with a coworker I’d assume she would wear shoes/bring cellphone & key card.

I think maybe she took TWO ambiens by mistake and it caused her to panic. She went out for some fresh air, I guess without a key and left the door ajar to get back in. Usually at hotels if you go out an exit door you need a key to get back into the building anyway. I'm a hotel veteran but have found that out the hard way a couple times now. And when she was outside the extra ambien kicked in and she wasn't herself anymore, she found water and dove right in

Going outside barefoot in pj's at 2 am with door left open. That to me begs the question if she went outside to smoke and met with foul play. Yet, if that is so, I would think she would have brought her phone with her, and iirc reports say phone was left in the room.

Sydney Glenn on Twitter
#UPDATE from @FLPD411 : the body discovered in the lake/pond @ Westin Ft Lauderdale is the missing Kelly Glover. Detectives don’t suspect any foul play and continue to investigate the incident. The exact cause of death will be determined by the Medical Examiners results.
3:53 PM - 11 Jan 2020 from Utah, USA

Ty Russell on Twitter (Video)
That was the message from relatives of a woman who disappeared in Ft Lauderdale. Shortly after, police confirmed Kelly Glover’s body was found in a pond. Foul play is not suspected. @CBSMiami
4:32 PM - 11 Jan 2020

"Kelly, we love you and we know you didn't do this on purpose."

just read in an article that the coworker/roommate woke up to find Kelly missing with the door ajar at 4am. her husband was panicked/knew something was up when he hadn’t heard from Kelly by 9am (wondering if that was local UT or FL time). Roommate called him at that point.

Does anyone find it odd the roommate didn’t call or contact him earlier? I know he was out of state but wouldn’t you think maybe he should know or might have some sort of idea what was up... perhaps he talked to her after roommate fell asleep.

In the hours between I wonder if roommate went back to sleep bc she wasn’t that worried about Kelly stepping out. Or she was consumed with trying to find her.

JMO

just read in an article that the coworker/roommate woke up to find Kelly missing with the door ajar at 4am. her husband was panicked/knew something was up when he hadn’t heard from Kelly by 9am (wondering if that was local UT or FL time). Roommate called him at that point.

Does anyone find it odd the roommate didn’t call or contact him earlier? I know he was out of state but wouldn’t you think maybe he should know or might have some sort of idea what was up... perhaps he talked to her after roommate fell asleep.

In the hours between I wonder if roommate went back to sleep bc she wasn’t that worried about Kelly stepping out. Or she was consumed with trying to find her.

JMO
IIRC, her friend/roommate searched for KG prior to calling her husband. MOO

Last edited:
JAN 11, 2020
Utah woman missing in Fort Lauderdale found dead
[...]

MG concurred with the police department’s assessment, and said she still had a lot of unanswered questions about what happened to her sister, but “I don’t believe there was foul play.”

When asked what she thought might have happened to her older sibling, MG noted the lack of fencing between pool and pond at the Westin.

“I think she drowned,” she said.

A review of publicly available photos of the hotel’s pool deck and patio shows that it is not fenced in, and that a concrete bulwark that looks almost like a sea-wall separates it from the pond.

[...]

No funeral arrangements have yet been made, but MG did want to thank everyone who shared the wanted poster and who helped search for her sister.

“The support was very meaningful,” she said. "We appreciate everyone’s help.”

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sazy3
Back