GUILTY FL - Lisa, 26, Zachary, 7, & Savannah Freiberg, 2, murdered, Lutz, 12 May 2008

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Wow. What a wild turn of events. I really wish Arias would do the same.

I stumbled upon this thread today. Wish I didn't read it. I have 2 words: general population.

I was crying as I listened to the live court hearing plus reading and posting the tweets. EC was a sick twisted animal for doing what he did to Lisa and the children. IMO

No way should the judge find find him insane while committing the crimes. EC stated exactly what he remembered doing that fateful day, which fit the evidence. imo

I am not sure if the DP is even good enough for EC. imo

Cathy ‏@courtchatter 2m2 minutes ago
Judge did not release #EdwardCovington jury. They return next Mon in case def changes mind otherwise judge determines life/death.

So the judge won't decide this case until next Monday?

So the judge won't decide this case until next Monday?

The way I understand it, the judge will hear the aggravating and the mitigating circumstance's, or any witness's that can corroborate those just like a jury would. Then the judge makes the decision. I have seen this done in other cases where the defendant pleads before trial.

TAMPA (FOX 13) -
A man on trial for killing his girlfriend and her two children could learn his fate Monday in court.

A sentencing hearing is scheduled for Edward Covington, and it comes after he fired his attorneys and told the judge he wanted to represent himself.

No jury will be present at the hearing. Instead, a judge is expected to make the decision on Covington's future.

http://www.myfoxtampabay.com/story/27189855/sentencing-hearing-to-begin-in-covington-murder-trial

This is happening today!

Elaine Silvestrini ‏@ElaineTBO 1m1 minute ago
#EdwardCovington tells judge he still wants to proceed without a jury. @TBOcom

Elaine Silvestrini ‏@ElaineTBO 36s37 seconds ago
#EdwardCovington judge to bring jury in to court and dismiss them because defendant wishes to proceed without them

Judge tells jury #EdwardCovington is waiving a jury recommendation re whether he should be sentenced to death. @TBOcom

Elaine Silvestrini ‏@ElaineTBO now3 seconds ago
Judge says the penalty phase estimated to last "probably the better part of this week." #EdwardCovington

Elaine Silvestrini ‏@ElaineTBO 4m4 minutes ago
#EdwardCovington former probation officer testifies he was on supervision for DUI and drug charges at time of murders.

Elaine Silvestrini ‏@ElaineTBO 3m3 minutes ago
This is one of the aggravating factors argued by the prosecution for #EdwardCovington.

Elaine Silvestrini ‏@ElaineTBO 2m2 minutes ago
Crime scene investigator next up in #EdwardCovington penalty phase.

Elaine Silvestrini ‏@ElaineTBO 5s6 seconds ago
#EdwardCovington prosecutor admitting pictures of the scene of the triple murders. Took several days to process.

Tampa Bay Times Live ‏@TBTimesLive 1m1 minute ago
The state is showing crime scene photos (not visible to the public) of blood stains on the walls of the mobile home.

Elaine Silvestrini ‏@ElaineTBO 48s49 seconds ago
Blood on wall and ceiling of scene of triple murder. #EdwardCovington.

Family dog, Duke, was dead on floor of 2-year-old's bedroom. #EdwardCovington

A hammer was found next to the dog's body. #EdwardCovington

Erin Maloney ‏@ErinOnTV 2m2 minutes ago
Some nauseating details in Covington's death penalty sentencing phase. I'll choose not to tweet them-- but it's clear why he's facing death.

Cathy ‏@courtchatter 3s4 seconds ago
#EdwardCovington sentencing takes the morning break.

Tampa Bay Times Live ‏@TBTimesLive 1m1 minute ago
Break over, Covington reappears in the courtroom having undergone a wardrobe change. He's now wearing a jail uniform, unclear why.

Elaine Silvestrini ‏@ElaineTBO 19s20 seconds ago
Crime scene was in total disarray, crime scene tech says. She never saw anything like it before. #EdwardCovington

Blood everywhere, but bathroom. Crime scene tech found this unusual. #EdwardCovington

Medical examiner next up in #EdwardCovington penalty phase.

Cathy ‏@courtchatter 31s31 seconds ago
Prosecutor walked over and warned Gma that Medical Examiner was next on the stand. :( #EdwardCovington

The Medical Examiner has said this was the worst slaughter he's ever seen. @TBOcom #EdwardCovington http://tbo.com/news/crime/trial-to-begin-in-2008-triple-slaying-20141012/ …

Elaine Silvestrini ‏@ElaineTBO 31s31 seconds ago
Medical examiner has performed thousands of autopsies. #EdwardCovington

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member