GUILTY FL - Lonzie Barton, 2, Jacksonville, 24 July 2015 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Obviously if LE didn't want L to meet with WRE, they wouldn't be meeting. I was commenting on why LE might have been hesitant to have them meet in the first place.

I agree. She is choosing WRE over her baby. I was just offering an idea of why she would be.
I thought they were court ordered to stay away from each other. It's been mentioned in here several times in the last day.

I will admit when I heard that he had said he went back inside to do some coke it sounded really stupid. I have seen it done before (like the GUY heinze Jr case) Anyway I just dont see a person guilty of what WE is accused of , using that excuse due to most drug offenders knowing the drugs with other crimes make your charges more risky. So he could have siad he went in to get his debit card or money etc.. Go figure. Maybe he didnt say it to he cops ,maybe he said it to someone else and they know he said it.
I can tell you there is no way detectives would claim he told them that if he didn't. For one thing, interrogations are recorded. For another thing, that information doesn't impact the case much, certainly not worth lying about. If the investigators would lie about something like that, then why not just tell us he confessed to murdeing the child?

On the other hand, I have seen"clever" suspects deploy this tactic. They tell a big lie, and include some relatively minor incriminating information with it to make the lie more believable, so the listener thinks, well he must be telling the truth, otherwise why would he confess these incriminating details?

Visits in this jail are behind glass, with a phone, however, they could have made special arrangements for a contact visit in an interview room, because of the extenuating circumstances, and if they did so, it would have been a tactical decision.

I thought they were court ordered to stay away from each other. It's been mentioned in here several times in the last day.

--on that May 30th drug charge, although all 3 (ruben, lonna and her sister) were all arrested, only he was detained at the time, and given a bond of $39,000, which he posted on June 4th. conditions of his bond included that HE wasn't to have contact with her.

--I suppose , technically, she could be in contact with him (?)

--it's my wish that she is done with him, and went to see him w/ the blessing of LE, to see if he slipped up and said anything useful.

--or, maybe she does still love the guy, who knows..

By all accounts, Ebrons parents are fine people, with strong moral values. So what went wrong? My theory is that Mr. Ebron was a strict military father with high expectations of his sons and a zer tolerance policy for drugs. His sons rebelled from that structure and fell into a **** lifestyle. Ruben still wants nothing more than his father's approval, which is why he lies to his father about the drugs. Or, to be more cynical, Ruben wants his parents to bail him out and will tell them whatever he thinks will convince them to do so.

Since they are renting a room, maybe they have a storage unit for all their household furniture and etc. It might even have been rented for them by someone else helping them out when they had to move from Baker County. There are lots of storage places around where they are renting the room. Hopefully the cops have checked this out by their names and friends, family and aquaintances of theirs on the storage lease.

Since they are renting a room, maybe they have a storage unit for all their household furniture and etc. It might even have been rented for them by someone else helping them out when they had to move from Baker County. There are lots of storage places around where they are renting the room. Hopefully the cops have checked this out by their names and friends, family and aquaintances of theirs on the storage lease.

Good call! Hackney mentioned a storage unit a few days back in one of the updates, so yes there was a storage unit and yes it's been checked.

I do hope at tomorrows news conference someone will ask the Chief about this .Iif this is true then I will lose a lot of respect for whoever authorized the contact visit.. This is truly unreal and actually unlawful unless the Baker County judge signed off on the visit. There is a NO CONTACT order on his judgement.. WTH is going on. Unreal..
Speak up reporters, ask the question...

Totally agree with you! The only thing that might move them to allow it, is if they were going to get her to answer some questions. But I still believe he wouldn't fall for that- there is always a guard in the room.

Lonna needs someone to step in and help her get herself together. A judge will not like to have it noted she is still involved with him. DC won't either.

I would love to know how this visit came about!

I didn't mean that the only reason a person would go back with someone would be because they were abused/manipulated.

Oh, I understand what you meant, I was talking about in many of these missing children cases. If the women are on drugs, and with boyfriends that harm their children, many say the women are manipulated. They get into relationships that are volatile, and drag their kids into it, for the drugs and lifestyle. They made that choice, and hold as much blame as to what happens.

Have LE searched the area where E & L were evicted from before they moved to where they were at recently when Lonzie went missing? Just wondering as that area would be familiar to Ebron.

I understand that they love their son; I really do, but there were some disturbing...tidbits... in that interview. I think Hackney is right: WRE is very manipulative. He's probably pretty charismatic and charming when he wants to be. He has pulled the wool over his parents' eyes and using them to try and convince the public that he -- poor, nice, put-upon Uncle Ruben -- is being treated poorly by the police. I for one and not buying any of it at the moment. Nope.
The parents did not harm Lonzie. Imagine, you raise a sweet little baby into a boy, who becomes a man. It would be hard to separate those fantasies you had while raising him from the real truth about who your kid has become. But eventually they will come to terms with it. They are being fooled by Ebron because they want to be. They are in denial. But clearly they are also slowly letting the reality of who he has become penetrate. In the meantime, they haven't done anything wrong to anyone, and like every parent here, they are holding on to hope that they don't lose their own 'baby' too.

I was so sure he would have been found by now :( FIND LONZIE!

I really hope Lonna visiting WRE is tactical, otherwise.. I'm gonna get a TO for sure!!

The parents did not harm Lonzie. Imagine, you raise a sweet little baby into a boy, who becomes a man. It would be hard to separate those fantasies you had while raising him from the real truth about who your kid has become. But eventually they will come to terms with it. They are being fooled by Ebron because they want to be. They are in denial. But clearly they are also slowly letting the reality of who he has become penetrate. In the meantime, they haven't done anything wrong to anyone, and like every parent here, they are holding on to hope that they don't lose their own 'baby' too.

ITA, the parents are innocent in all of this, and sometimes it can be very daunting to realize your child could end up being a criminal. Not easy for any loving parent to have to come to terms with.

I was so sure he would have been found by now :( FIND LONZIE!

I really hope Lonna visiting WRE is tactical, otherwise.. I'm gonna get a TO for sure!!

Sadly as we all know some of these children are not always found, :( so many missing years later. I think the perps know they can at times outsmart LE unfortunately.

I really don't know what to think about the jail visit between LB and EW? But i think if he has had dealings with LE before and knows the score, i doubt he would be saying anything to incriminate himself, even to LB, and i think LE would know that?

Sadly as we all know some of these children are not always found, :( so many missing years later. I think the perps know they can at times outsmart LE unfortunately.

I really don't know what to think about the jail visit between LB and EW? But i think if he has had dealings with LE before and knows the score, i doubt he would be saying anything to incriminate himself, even to LB, and i think LE would know that?

Of course, I just felt LE were building momentum in the search as the week progressed, so much so I felt it was just a matter of time. It still may be, just feeling a little deflated this morning. I can't make head nor tail of the visit tbh, and I can't decide if WRE is smart, or dumb as s*** Gah, maybe it's me lol

Have LE searched the area where E & L were evicted from before they moved to where they were at recently when Lonzie went missing? Just wondering as that area would be familiar to Ebron.
The place they were evicted from is in baker county about an hour away. I don't think there were any cell phone pings in that area, so I think it has been ruled out.

Of course, I just felt LE were building momentum in the search as the week progressed, so much so I felt it was just a matter of time. It still may be, just feeling a little deflated this morning. I can't make head nor tail of the visit tbh, and I can't decide if WRE is smart, or dumb as s*** Gah, maybe it's me lol

I hear you. It's difficult to know what's really going on, and i am just speculating about it too. If WRE has been in trouble before with drugs, and hangs around such people he probably knows some stuff, IMO. Would have to have his wits about him to a certain extent, and if he was high on drugs when Lonzie went missing, who knows what planet he was on and what he did?

The place they we're evicted from is in baker county about an hour away. I don't think there were any cell phone pings in that area, so I think it has been ruled out.

Thankyou for the clarification.

I think you are absolutely spot on. The same kind of psychology is going on with Lonna as well.

I feel you skib. With all the different type of cams out there; traffic, business and personal property, plus all the knowledgeable searchers... ugh. But I really think he is just lucky thus far.

All I keep thinking is every day that passes brings more decomp, possible loss of evidence and a benefit for his defense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
earworm