GUILTY FL - Lonzie Barton, 2, Jacksonville, 24 July 2015 - #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't believe it and I cannot believe the punishment deal he is getting. I am stunned but I know this is how the justice system works and it sucks. jmo

Samantha Manning ‏@SamanthaANjax 8m8 minutes ago
Ebron's attorney is reading a statement by his client. Ebron apologizes to his family and Lonzie's family @ActionNewsJax

Samantha Manning ‏@SamanthaANjax 7m7 minutes ago
Ebron says Lonzie's mom was involved in what happened to Lonzie Barton @ActionNewsJax

Ebron's attorney says Ebron hopes this brings closure for those involved in the Lonzie Barton case. @ActionNewsJax

Ebron's statement read by attorney: "May he rest in peace," referring to Lonzie @ActionNewsJax

Judge says only Ebron knows how much truth is in that statement. @ActionNewsJax

Samantha Manning ‏@SamanthaANjax 5m5 minutes ago
State attorney is holding press conference at 9:30 @ActionNewsJax

Samantha Manning ‏@SamanthaANjax 1m1 minute ago

Prosecution says Ebron and Lonzie's mother denied medical attention for Lonzie, say he was found face down in a tub of water @ActionNewsJax

:tears:

I have NO words! :furious:

This plea deal is NOT justice for Lonzie! :no: :moo:

:eek:verreaction:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't believe it and I cannot believe the punishment deal he is getting. I am stunned but I know this is how the justice system works and it sucks. jmo
IMO: I understand why they made this deal but, I wished for a different result and a much harsher sentence! I do not believe one word the comes out of WRE or LLB mouth. They have repeatedly lied, manipulated, showed blatant disregard for the Criminal Justice system, played games etc... all the while Lonzie lay out in the elements decomposing. [emoji35]

I'm a bit confused (I dropped out of following the case for awhile, before Lonzie was found).

My questions are:

Was Lonzie dead when LB went to work that night?

If so, did she know he was dead and that Ebron had a plan of faking a car-jacking?

TIA for answering.

Did Lonzie drown because Ebron wasn't watching him? Or did he pass out because of previous injuries that were not attended to and then drown in the tub? That made my heart hurt to read he was found face down in the tub. :(

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Lisa Robbins (@LisaRobbinsFCN): https://twitter.com/LisaRobbinsFCN?s=09

Preliminary results show that the remains found in the Southside belong to little Lonzie Barton. -Prosecutor Rich Mantei

Prosecutor says there are no family members of Lonzie Barton who wish to speak on his behalf before Ebron is sentenced. Wow.

Ruben Ebron photographed injuries of Lonzie Barton and failed to get him appropriate medical care.

Prosecutor Rich Mantei says Lonzie Barton was found dead in a tub of water at the apartment. Lonna was there & went to work after, he says.

Prosecutors say Ruben Ebron covered up the death of Lonzie Barton and staged elaborate kidnapping story before dumping his body on Southside

So many theories about HOW Lonzie died and prosecutors say the little boy died. In a tub of water. With his mother and Ruben Ebron there.

Ruben Ebron has a statement his attorney is about to read to the court.

"Lonna and I were both involved l and now we have to pay the price .." - Ebron #ebronplea

Holy crap. So Lonna was there Ebron says...and then went to work. Just like so many have wondered all this time.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Wow is right! No family members who wanted to speak on Lonzie's behalf.

Lisa Robbins (@LisaRobbinsFCN): https://twitter.com/LisaRobbinsFCN?s=09

Preliminary results show that the remains found in the Southside belong to little Lonzie Barton. -Prosecutor Rich Mantei

Prosecutor says there are no family members of Lonzie Barton who wish to speak on his behalf before Ebron is sentenced. Wow.

Ruben Ebron photographed injuries of Lonzie Barton and failed to get him appropriate medical care.

Prosecutor Rich Mantei says Lonzie Barton was found dead in a tub of water at the apartment. Lonna was there & went to work after, he says.

Prosecutors say Ruben Ebron covered up the death of Lonzie Barton and staged elaborate kidnapping story before dumping his body on Southside

Thank you.

So Ebron snapped photos of the injuries, which seems like a CYA move. ??

And....so sad no one spoke for little Lonzie. I remember typing this near the beginning of the case and I repeat it now - it seems like those of us at WS cared more about little Lonzie than anyone around him.

Rest in PEACE, Lonzie.

Her son dies and she goes and peels off her clothes for a couple of bucks?? Sick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vic Micolucci - WJXT (@WJXTvic): https://twitter.com/WJXTvic?s=09

Judge to #RubenEbron:
"Do you want to plead guilty?"
Ebron: "Yes I do sir."

Mantei just said autopsy has been completed but cause and manner of death are undetermined.

Mentei said #RubenEbron and Lonna Barton locked #LonzieBarton in room, toddler apparently drowned in bathtub.

BREAKING- Judge Mark Borello adjudicates #RubenEbron guilty of 4 counts, sentences him to 20 years prison. 196 days time served.

Count 2 - 5 year prison runs concurrent. Count 3 - 1 year jail concurrent. Count 4 - 5 years prison councurrent. So 20 years total.

#RubenEbron's atty reading letter - "I'm sorry." He just apologized to his family, Lonna's and Lonzie Barton.

"BabyMan (#LonzieBarton) you may finally rest in peace." - William Ruben Ebron.

Borello: "Mr. Ebron only you know how much truth is in that statement. You have 30 days to appeal."

Lisa Robbins ‏@LisaRobbinsFCN 5m5 minutes ago

None of Lonzie Barton's family members spoke on his behalf today. They weren't even in the courtroom for #EbronPlea

Healing fractures to Lonzie's ribs. So he had been abused in the past. Bas......

Absolutely disgusting. 20 years for the murder of a child! I have NO words

This does not even resemble justice.

I am so sorry Lonzie.

My heart breaks for his big sissy.

If this version of events is to be believed that means little guy was dead before LLB went to work and they loaded his little dead body into the car, along with sissy, drove around with him dead in the vehicle as LLB was dropped off at work, Ebron then ran errands and conducted drug deals with sissy and body of L in the car until he dumped the body, then waited til almost time for LLB's shift to end and then stashed the car round the corner and reported the car stolen with Lonzie inside.

Just boggles the mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member