Found Deceased FL - Madeline Soto, 13, Missing Child Alert, 13500 blk Town Loop Blvd, Orlando, 26 Feb 2024 *arrest* #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Totally agree with you and I'm wondering if there was a camera hidden in her room that was used to record and remote view. Surely he didn't put a phone on a tripod to record and I can't think of another way to record something hands free. I don't recall any released information on when or if LE searched Maddie's room but after what they found on his phone, I would imagine they went straight away to search. If there was a camera, an app on his phone may have led them to cloud storage of that nearly irrefutable something.
moo
If this is true why not charge with murder? What is the hold up? I guess her involvement

I researched the new law but didn't find that information. I know they have enough evidence to put him away for a very long time just on these charges, with more to come.
It will definitely be something that the law itself would need to have clarified, I think. Otherwise, victims from 6 years ago can decide to file charges now that they know the person could be put to death for it and never harm them or anyone else again. I don't personally think that's a bad thing at all, and a huge future deterrent of these types of horrific crimes. But I can see it being used by defense lawyers to muck up trials also. I'm now very interested in the answer to this question and do hope a legal expert will come along and weigh in.

What freaks me out is that many of his posts of “advice” are sensible, reasonable and ones I would expect to hear coming from a good human being. It makes me sick to know the level of deceit that some people are capable of.
Social media is a caricature of who we really are. Well...everything is, really. I am slightly different when I'm around friends, family, or work. Especially on Reddit where you choose what subs (message boards) you want to look up, discuss, find more info about.

The interview of SS is awful to watch in retrospect knowing what the affidavits say. Ugh.

Wouldn't that make it incredibly difficult to carry her from the house to the house alone? IMO.
I would think her being ridged would make it easier, and not harder. So if rigor has set in, her weight wouldn't be imbalanced and shifting like someone unconscious. Thankfully I do not know from experience!

Q: Why People Seem To Be Heavy To Lift When They’re Asleep?

A: People feel heavier when they are unconscious because their body has gone limp. This limpness means that the person’s weight is imbalanced and constantly shifting. So, one would have to put in more effort to hold person in such a way that their weight remain equally balanced.

My first thought is great, all child SA perps should be put to death. But thinking about it I'm not so sure, from a sick perverts perspective he may as well kill the victim and hope he doesn't get caught. No witness, no proof. Doesn't apply in this case because they have images and videos but I wonder if SS thought he'd get away with all of it by discarding Maddie, especially since he reset his phone..

Even more difficult to put her in the car I would think.

ETA: perhaps not if she was petite enough. Not an image I want to think about though.
Very true about the difficulty. But if this is the case (rigor), then it could be why LE was pretty darn confident she was deceased from whatever it is that they saw. A live person, even if unconscious, isn't going to look like rigor set in.

Rigor mortis appears approximately 2 hours after death in the muscles of the face, progresses to the limbs over the next few hours, completing between 6 to 8 hours after death. [10] Rigor mortis then stays for another 12 hours (till 24 hours after death) and then disappears.

Sure, what I mean is many times they bring in an expert like Michael Baden who is board-certified forensic pathologist known for his work investigating high-profile deaths.This takes some time and resources. She was laid to rest so they must be pretty confident about what happened to her. IMO, suicide will be ruled out. Hope this better explains my post. MOO
Can you help me understand how a fast put to rest means suicide has been ruled out? I’m not familiar with how release of body back to family works at all, let alone in such a high profile case. Ty.

Yeah - I just found it strange that the site that I use could find no verifiable record of her. It doesn’t only look for criminal charges, and I’ve never had it not find someone when I searched. I myself am in there for a traffic ticket years ago lol.

None of the ones that it found were her, if 1988 is her birth year.
Perhaps she was born elsewhere? Have you tried looking her up on other states?

Speculation - Maybe it wasn’t rigor and he was seen carrying her out of the house. Was there a garage?
No garage listed according to Zillow.

1709860384306.png

My first thought is great, all child SA perps should be put to death. But thinking about it I'm not so sure, from a sick perverts perspective he may as well kill the victim and hope he doesn't get caught. No witness, no proof. Doesn't apply in this case because they have images and videos but I wonder if SS thought he'd get away with all of it by discarding Maddie, especially since he reset his phone..
Good point and scary. As per the phone, and the original date range on the affidavit for the offenses 3/22 - 12/23, I posted a bit in thread #1 about hoping they've collected all possible devices from the home and that I thought SS probably got a new phone around Christmas, and turned in the old phone. Many people get upgrade deals through their carriers every 2 years, and batteries wear out, tech is updated so fast etc. In my experience many people get new phones every 2-3 years as the normal. MOO

Can you help me understand how a fast put to rest means suicide has been ruled out? I’m not familiar with how release of body back to family works at all, let alone in such a high profile case. Ty.
My guess is they were able to determine cause of death quick due to either blunt force trauma, strangulation or suffocation . MOO

I would think her being ridged would make it easier, and not harder. So if rigor has set in, her weight wouldn't be imbalanced and shifting like someone unconscious. Thankfully I do not know from experience!

Q: Why People Seem To Be Heavy To Lift When They’re Asleep?

A: People feel heavier when they are unconscious because their body has gone limp. This limpness means that the person’s weight is imbalanced and constantly shifting. So, one would have to put in more effort to hold person in such a way that their weight remain equally balanced.

And this all goes back to what I said the other day. Sunrise was around 6:50 or so that morning, so it would be a bit lighter before the official sunrise time, and as others said, people jog, walk dogs, get the paper, etc., much earlier. He certainly was not dragging or carrying her to a vehicle in any kind of daylight. But did any neighbor’s cameras pick up that activity? A la Chris Watts carrying his girls to his car and dragging his wife’s body to it while the neighbor’s camera captured his movements, albeit a bit blocked as he was doing what he did on the other side of his car from the camera, but you could see enough under the car. And he was fit but couldn’t carry his wife. Granted, she was heavier and pregnant, but I would hope a nearby cam shows SS moving her to the car and they just didn’t announce that.

Very true about the difficulty. But if this is the case (rigor), then it could be why LE was pretty darn confident she was deceased from whatever it is that they saw. A live person, even if unconscious, isn't going to look like rigor set in.

Rigor mortis appears approximately 2 hours after death in the muscles of the face, progresses to the limbs over the next few hours, completing between 6 to 8 hours after death. [10] Rigor mortis then stays for another 12 hours (till 24 hours after death) and then disappears.

Is it possible she wasn’t at home when she died? Maybe she had been elsewhere (I won’t speculate where or why). Maybe she walked to the car of her own accord and maybe, she died in the car? Last Friday LE said they believe SS moved her body in the early morning hours and though which makes me think she didn’t likely die in his car. Ugh. What happened to Maddie?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
centinel