Found Deceased FL - Madeline Soto, 13, Missing Child Alert, 13500 blk Town Loop Blvd, Orlando, 26 Feb 2024 *arrest* #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That’s what I meant by garbled, she’s all over the place but it may be from terrible upset, nothing else.

If she had lots of money, it would have been wise to speak thru an attorney, for sure.

I don't think terrible upset would explain why she told the media she last spoke to Maddie Sunday night but told LE she saw her getting dressed for school Monday morning, but if you think so, that's okay, we can agree to disagree.

JS is, at the moment, a victim.
As such ,she does NOT need an attorney...
I don't think terrible upset would explain why she told the media she last spoke to Maddie Sunday night but told LE she saw her getting dressed for school Monday morning,...
That’s what I meant by garbled, she’s all over the place but it may be from terrible upset, nothing else...
Watch the news video to understand more fully why JS should have an attorney lined up. MOO, I think she has to anticipate needing an attorney anyways-- in case SS turns the tables on her about the actual murder. We've seen finger pointing in other cases. She is a victim at this point, but she still might need an attorney.

The story Jennifer Soto -- the mother of 13-year-old Madeline Soto -- gave to law enforcement does not line up with what investigators know.

Last edited:
I didn't say anything about garbled speech or the use of "we" instead of "I."

She said in the TV interviews that she last interacted with Maddie on Sunday night. The sworn statement she gave to police said she saw Maddie at about 8:00 Monday morning getting dressed.

The Orange County sheriff's office said they had video of SS at 8:19 that morning with Maddie deceased in the car.

I guess it's possible that she saw Maddie, alive, getting dressed for school on Monday morning and 19 minutes later her daughter was dead in SS's car. But it doesn't seem likely to me.

So I think her conflicting statements regarding when she last talked to her daughter render her in need of an attorney.

YMMV
he is tossing her belongings in the dumpster at 7:35am while JS says she 'saw' Madeline getting dressed.

and....she adds additional info in the second interview: she wasnt at her BD party, she had to work. it wasnt relevant to mention in her first interview, so why add it in the second interview?
lots of pieces missing with his movements. and there is no information concerning JS movements that morning, nor the rest of the day.

LE would not answer the media question during the presser, did Madeline leave on her own (get in the car, as in walking). he answered by saying he is seen on video RETURNING with Madeline, believed to be deceased at 8:19am.

I do appreciate LE keeping a lid on things to preserve the investigation, but anxious like so many, to obtain the missing pieces that led up to her murder.

he is tossing her belongings in the dumpster at 7:35am while JS says she 'saw' Madeline getting dressed.

and....she adds additional info in the second interview: she wasnt at her BD party, she had to work. it wasnt relevant to mention in her first interview, so why add it in the second interview?
lots of pieces missing with his movements. and there is no information concerning JS movements that morning, nor the rest of the day.

LE would not answer the media question during the presser, did Madeline leave on her own (get in the car, as in walking). he answered by saying he is seen on video RETURNING with Madeline, believed to be deceased at 8:19am.

I do appreciate LE keeping a lid on things to preserve the investigation, but anxious like so many, to obtain the missing pieces that led up to her murder.
Hopefully we get these questions answered with a "felony Friday." Who knows when we'll see murder charges though, as there are lot of moving parts here.

Glad you brought this up bc it’s really bugging me. I’m wondering Madeline was SA killed shortly after the party. We know step mom received a pic of Madeline with her gifts, I’m assuming that was toward the end of the party.

JMO but I feel as tho Madeline was killed at home after the party, somewhere around late at night or in the first few hours the next day, since LE already suspects she was dead and her body was being moved early morning.

Would SS really have dumped her laptop without deleting things off of it? IDTS, and that would some time unless he did a factory reset style wipe.

What about what was in her backpack? Surely SS would have removed some items from it like a school ID, papers with her name on it…I’d be very interested to know if any evidence went into the backpack that he had hoped would seem innocuous enough but needed to be out of the house…maybe clothing, a pillow case or god knows what that he hoped would be buried at the bottom of a landfill.

If JS saying she wasn't at the party and presumably went straight to bed bc Madeline was already asleep by the time she got home, I could follow the logic of JS knowing absolutely nothing until very late that night or early the next morning.

But what it doesn’t explain is why JS told police she saw Madeline at 8:00 AM when SS was dumping the laptop and backpack less than an hour before. If SS killed Madeline in the early hours of the day after the party, he would have at least until about 7:30ish AM to get himself out the door with her things to throw in the dumpster.

Wondering if he dressed her in the clothing she was reported to have been wearing when she was missing before disposing of her body? Certainly at a minimum doing so could imply something happened to her after drop off, but not before. Obviously getting rid of DNA evidence would be a huge factor in redressing her, but also to point away from anything having happened to her in the home, but rather after drop off.

His movements seem to point to someone who didn’t really have more than maybe 3-4 hours to figure out what to do, what to get rid of, and where to dump her. I don’t want to be grotesque but if the scene of the crime involved one of his firearms, there may have been extensive cleanup. He was very sloppy and seemed as though he didn’t have the time to better plan things out. But I do believe he felt he needed to be seen by some kind of camera near the school, and hence the big

@IzzyBlanche you know how we were wondering why maddie would have had to cross the street? if you google map the home address to school, and if she was dropped off where they say, she WOULD have had to cross the street.( providing you take the route google suggests)
Did she usually get dropped off at the church by both JS and SS? Is there video evidence of either of them dropping her off there most days before her birthday?

I’m curious as the location of the church looks quite far. We know she wasn’t dropped off on the day of the murder/ when she went missing, but I would be interested if they have any footage to say the week beforehand to see if she was dropped off there by mom or boyfriend. The map looked awfully busy, long for that kind of walk but it would be interesting to see if it was something normal to them.

Why? Because if JS is suggesting they dropped off in a new location, instead of : At school: it provides an opportunity for her to get lost. By suggesting this is where they always drop off ( if it’s not true,) it certainly opens up more possibilities that she was providing an alibi as we know he was not there , and it was made to throw confusion and plausibility in. If it was not the normal spot, and boyfriend had factory reset the phone etc, I would think she would have turned on him long before the interview. She would have said, he dropped her off someplace new !! Instead there was a lot of focus on the grainy video and the green sweatshirt.

hopefully law enforcement can pull old footage to see what their routine is. Because if they normally dropped off there I can attribute more to her being confused about times and believing him.

Last edited:
  • When Madeline is reported missing (presumably by the mum), she is reported to wear black shorts and a green top (link)
  • When Madeline is found, she is reported to wear (via the presumed photo) blue jeans and a green top. (link)

• When her disappearance is first discussed, her mum clearly implies that the evening before was the last time she talked to her and even saw her. (but does not say it out; link)
  • Soon after that, from the emergency warrant request: SS reportedly said he dropped Madeline off at a church down the road from the school (13400 Town Loop Blvd, Orlando) at 8:40 am, 50 minutes before school.
  • And according to the Orange County Sheriff's Office Incident Report, mum reported to the police that she saw her daughter getting ready for school at ~8 (on February 26 "at approximately 0800 hours Jennifer observed (missing) Madeline Soto getting dressed for school). (same link)
(There was some confusion as if mother stated that she "got up at 9" - AFAIK this was actually in regards to the "church video" where it was reported that someone was sitting on the bench and got up from the bench at around 9. The mum never claims to have seen the video, for all we know, this is what detectives told her (with the probable aim of making SS mess himself up with the timeline statements he will do based on that)).

While J did by the look of things lie to the police about seeing her in the morning (when? when initially reporting her missing?) I can see a very logical explanation to this lie that almost assumes she was not aware of what happened before 8 AM.
I could also think of no reason for J to lie about the pants Maddie was wearing, but I can unfortunately see a few very different options where she really did think she was wearing something else. Still curious about all that.

Based on this (very unclear and unreliable) information, I think that atm it is more likely that J did not see her dead and did not know at what time she was killed. She still might or might not have had her suspicions about the possible killer that might or might not have been based on her prior knowledge about (some or all) of the abuse. She might or might not have assumed she was dead, but I don't think she was told it directly.

@IzzyBlanche you know how we were wondering why maddie would have had to cross the street? if you google map the home address to school, and if she was dropped off where they say, she WOULD have had to cross the street.( providing you take the route google suggests)
I don't know how much it will matter since she was obviously never dropped there that morning, but there's no intersection at SR 417 and Town Loop Blvd. It's an underpass.

underpass.jpg

I know it was being questioned if he was really an employee of Disney/Epcot. I've seen a YT video tonight of one of the Epcot attractions and the employee on the video and also a still photo from that video definitely looks exactly like SS. Not sure if a YT link is allowed to be posted here.
Reading through his Reddit posts, I think he was definitely an employee there in the past. He just knows way too much about the ins-and-outs of Disney World and what it's like to work there. Like here's a post about how the employees have to re-arrange strollers that are left strewn about:
If he was just fronting, I doubt he'd be able to post those kinds of specific details.

Plus when you add in that Disney has very carefully only said that he's not a current employee but has remained mum on his past employment, that's practically an admission. I'm sure they would have instantly disavowed him if they could.

JS is, at the moment, a victim.

As such ,she does NOT need an attorney.

Now, it may have been prudent to hire one before giving interviews but that costs money that I don’t think she has available.

Talking heads will always say hire a lawyer, most of them are lawyers.
IMO, JS needed an attorney the moment the CSAM was discovered. She is the custodial parent of a minor child who was the ongoing victim of sexual abuse/assault and the subject of CSAM at the hands of her associate, in her home. Regardless of her awareness of the situation, and not even considering the death (murder?) of that child, she needs an attorney.

I do think there could still be non sinister reasons JS told the wrong story. It’s possible SS gave her a whole story/timeline of the morning when JS woke up and before she knew M was missing, that she believed to be true. Maybe this included her getting dressed at 8am. He could have convinced her that the police would “wrongfully” suspect him. He could’ve convinced her she would be in trouble for sleeping, playing off the guilt that moms already have, and told her what she should say.

I hadn’t watched the interview as I couldn’t bring myself to see him put on a performance knowing she was dead. I finally watched it and IMO his body language suggests lying while JS body/eyes suggested she was remembering events or information she believed to be true. At the very least, she was remembering what she was told to say, but it did seem to me like she believed it.

IMO, JS needed an attorney the moment the CSAM was discovered. She is the custodial parent of a minor child who was the ongoing victim of sexual abuse/assault and the subject of CSAM at the hands of her associate, in her home. Regardless of her awareness of the situation, and not even considering the death (murder?) of that child, she needs an attorney.

What I said is that as a victim, she didn’t need an attorney.

Yes, it would be prudent to have an attorney but you need money for that until charges are laid against you.

Please folks, read/quote the whole post. Thanks.

I do think there could still be non sinister reasons JS told the wrong story. It’s possible SS gave her a whole story/timeline of the morning when JS woke up and before she knew M was missing, that she believed to be true. Maybe this included her getting dressed at 8am. He could have convinced her that the police would “wrongfully” suspect him. He could’ve convinced her she would be in trouble for sleeping, playing off the guilt that moms already have, and told her what she should say.

I hadn’t watched the interview as I couldn’t bring myself to see him put on a performance knowing she was dead. I finally watched it and IMO his body language suggests lying while JS body/eyes suggested she was remembering events or information she believed to be true. At the very least, she was remembering what she was told to say, but it did seem to me like she believed it.
Well,if she was told a story to recount to LE,I hope the moment he was arrested and she was informed of the charges against him,she opened up and told them everything she knew and gave the reasons why there appeared to be inconsistencies in her statements.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member