Found Deceased FL - Madeline Soto, 13, Missing Child Alert, 13500 blk Town Loop Blvd, Orlando, 26 Feb 2024 *arrest* #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re:laptop / chrome book tracking

It has been my experience with school districts that the "tech guy" who would be involved in any such tracking is usually: either not so good at tech anyway OR unavailable to do it at that moment OR is in charge of a billion other things so he'll just give a quick answer of NO. MOO.

If it were in sleep mode, would it still "ping" to the router at home, if the dumpster was close enough? Chrome book isn't a cell phone so it's not going to connect to a cell tower.

Staying on the topic of swaying as a "tell" of some kind, I hope you'll see how similar it is to Watt's sway. You have to see it in full motion to get the full effect. (see spoiler for just images) Jen's swaying is similar like an unconscious tell.

Jen doesn't seem aware of how strange it is that she's swaying like a tree in the breeze while reporting her daughter missing. The odd thing about Chris is how he immediately puts his hands on his head, and keeps one hand up there at all times. I guess an expert might say it's a soothing gesture. (It made me think of how cops yell "put your hands on your head" during an arrest.)

View attachment 508240
View attachment 508229
View attachment 508231View attachment 508239View attachment 508230
remember it well. also one of his media interviews on the porch.....he is asked if there was an argument and he says it wasnt an argument it was an emotional discussion "and thats all Ill say about it" and immediately attempts to deflect by saying: "I JUST WANT THEM BACK' and laughs. :eek:

....and of course, his rocking with arms folded during the porch interview.

JS and SS: they just want Madeline back *if someone has her*. she's a happy girl.

The reporter's comment about how bored SS seems is also really interesting and spot on. Given it is around 8:30 or so at night here, and everyone is so calm...this IS the SAME night where SS then tells investigators he was so upset he needed to be drugged, and has NO IDEA if he and JS went out searching, right???

What a complete piece of work....
Well, they were both clearly at home when the officer arrived and knocked at their door per the body cam footage. Not sure what time that was at, but they didn’t look upset or frantic or even remotely worried imo. I noted there was a third person and a dog briefly visible in that clip but not sure who that was. It seemed to be the lady with the tiny dog at JS mother’s office place when police were there and made first contact with JS. I’d love to know what if anything she observed and heard whilst in the company of JS and Ss that evening.

@friendlysleuther

I went back and watched it again, and you are right! JS doesn't start swaying until she's told that the laptop may be traceable.

Also, (not directed at you) I listened again to the courttv episode I posted earlier today, and Shannon Butler says they have video from an industrial area of SS moving Maddie's body from the front seat to the trunk of the car.

ETA: it's at about the 26:00 mark.
Makes me wonder if the industrial area was a security cam that captured this maybe? I wonder how messed up he had to be in order to drive a dead child around in the passenger seat of a car?? Visible to anyone who may have noticed. To security cams etc. I hope this girl haunts him every time he closes his eyes and that she laughs at his descent into the prison system.

I asked the same thing about her having said they made an announcement!!? Who made an announcement at the school if no one was there when she got there?? When was any such announcement made and what was said in it????
IMO she might have been referring to an outside speaker perhaps, doors will be locked, something of that sort after all the groups, bus, bikers, walkers are let out. and car pickups. just a guess. IMO, because she did not go inside the school and look for Madeline or inquire.

While the YT replays the same bodycam videos already released, Reporter Shannon Butler does provide here that neither SS/JS seemed to get the clothing MS last seen wearing correct because MS was wearing blue shorts when located. She doesn't include her source.

Also, beginning around the 32 min marker, body language expert adds some context to SS actions.
Interesting as Grey Hughes I think said she was found in jeans?

I could be wrong but that’s what I thought he said. It will be interesting to find out who’s info was correct: JS or SS or neither.

Grey Hughes or the reporter you mentioned.

Last edited:
Posting the full quote because it doesn't come across to me in the same way. What I'm reading is "last night" as in the evening Maddie went missing (Monday). So Monday night, as soon as it got dark, they started falling apart after getting hit with waves of "the reality" (Maddie "missing" IMO). So no change in time of death (Sunday evening until 7:30-ish Monday morning. And yes, I've seen reports as late as Tuesday but I just can't wrap my head around it being the day after. Not with what LE is telling us). All MOO

"A living nightmare. It started off like any other, and I just want to wake up and just get hit with waves of the reality. It's just setting in. As soon as it got dark last night, we started falling apart because we knew it wasn't going to come to an end. "
Thanks for your insight! You may be right! My doubt stems from seeing the body cam footage where the officer stops by the house and it’s dark. Was this the first night? If so, they don’t look even upset to me.

Don't forget, this wasn't even MS's actual birthday; that was the Thursday before. So they could have held the party at any intervening time, and they pick when JS can't make it due to work? I get the feeling from that and also just from their interactions that she was estranged from the family. I don't think she was invited to the party or may have been possibly excluded purposefully.

I hope MS got some sort of fun celebration with her Mom on the actual day-of, because it would be that much more heartbreaking if not.
I believe JS was estranged from her family. I also believe the "family" celebration was held on the weekend so more family could attend. I can imagine them having a nice dinner together and festivities afterwards.
I wonder if Maddie knew SS was picking her up from the party? Were her plans to stay at Grandma' house for the night? Did an argument ensue in the car because she was forced to go home? What if JS never went to work. What if she refused to go to the party because her family told her SS wasn't welcome to attend. I hate him!

If that's accurate, why do you think she hasn't been arrested for her part in this vile crime?
Possibly police can’t prove it enough to file charges (yet / at all). One thing I’ve notice is they said everyone close to Ms was being investigated (praphrased from a presser with Le). They have not yet said they have closed their investigation and or that there are no further players / no evidence of others being involved or aware of the murder.

Do they usually do this? Should we expect them to state they’re not interested in JS anymore if they either can’t charge her or no longer believe she may be guilty?

Oh! There's two video clips, from two different officers. Now, I hear and see why people say Jen's swaying starts after the laptop is brought up.
^^rsbm

I think it's only the bodycam from one officer that was released. IMO, the bodycam of the second officer who returned inside the lobby of the family business with his notebook, and who appeared to be observing the room and picking up interjections from SS is still being withheld.

I also think the value in the footage released thus far does not come from watching JS-- but instead by zoning in on SS in the background while JS is talking to the Officer. Watch how SS ignores the second Officer entering the building, trying to remain engaged with an individual who he's trying hard to sell his story about dropping MS off near the school. SS is practicing his art, sharpening his tools here, just as his own clock of evil and deceit tick by.

SS is a predator, the devil all should be keenly aware of and avoid. This is the very creep who will mirror the words of your children to groom them and lead them through a living hell, also known as his playground.
In SS's News9 interview on day 2 of MS missing, SS is practiced, garners the sympathy of JS, right down to his crocodile tears. Important to remind yourself while watching that SS had murdered a child, some 24 hours earlier! :mad:

And I don't think it any surprise that he worked at Disney. MOO

I believe JS was estranged from her family. I also believe the "family" celebration was held on the weekend so more family could attend. I can imagine them having a nice dinner together and festivities afterwards.
I wonder if Maddie knew SS was picking her up from the party? Were her plans to stay at Grandma' house for the night? Did an argument ensue in the car because she was forced to go home? What if JS never went to work. What if she refused to go to the party because her family told her SS wasn't welcome to attend. I hate him!

I hate him too. What a shock must it be for Maddie to be picked up by this monster.

Interesting as Grey Hughes I think said she was found in jeans?

I could be wrong but that’s what I thought he said. It will be interesting to find out who’s info was correct: JS or SS or neither.

Grey Hughes or the reporter you mentioned.
Thank you. GH does say "something that looks like jeans." I dunno. I see more of a teal or turquoise color in his video which could probably be interpreted as "blue."

I believe that she was found with her backpack and laptop.. I need to find the article
You did find the article and found out the backpack and laptop were found in the dumpster of the condo complex where he dumped them first thing.
She wasn't. The backpack and laptop were found in a dumpster in the condo complex where she lived.
Right. We knew that early on. Just doing this to drive home the fact for others new to this case that SS threw them away before he even made the school trip. He sunk his own ship right off.

How could she have been driven to school looking in her backpack for her headphones when he had already threw away those items. Duh, there's cameras pointed at the dumpsters. They had him on camera.

Police recovered Soto's backpack and school-issued laptop computer from a dumpster in the Osceola County apartment complex where Sterns lives. Investigators say they have video evidence of Sterns dropping some items in that dumpster at 7:35 a.m. Monday, Mina said.
Yep, he sunk his own ship right from the start. Not to mention how helpful he was to keep all those images on his phone as a record of how long he had been abusing a child.

My opinion… JS had just got off the phone with the principal (if my timing is right) and had already spoken with a teacher who confirmed Maddie never made it to school. i would think if the laptop was traceable, it would have come up in those conversations?
You're right, @grannygates. It would seem that school officials would suggest the computer trackable idea to Jen. There was still a lot of hope MS could be found. You'd think they'd bring it up to Jen to be helpful. Absolutely, logically they'd know and ask about the laptop and suggest how it could be probably be location tracked.

The reason we were talking about it was because Jen started swaying when the subject of the laptop being trackable was brought up. It seemed to make her nervous and she had to sway to soothe herself. MOO, odd, it was something hopeful that would help locate Maddie, but JS seemed to get nervous about it instead, and start swaying.

This case tires me out. Good Night now.​

Last edited:
I think it's only the bodycam from one officer that was released...

No. According to Court TV's Vinnie P. he said two different clips they were showing, thought he said another officer. I said that because I wasn't catching the trackable statement on the one clip I had seen.
Watch how SS ignores the second Officer entering the building, trying to remain engaged with an individual who he's trying hard to sell his story about dropping MS off near the school...

I thought SS was showing that person how to do something on their phone. They were looking at a phone... weren't they? Thought SS was acting like the phone know-it-all. I'll have to watch it again. SS injected himself in strange ways when the officer was asking questions. Maddie had dirty blond hair, no scars on her entire body, confirming her last name talking over Jen about how much Maddie weighted. What a fool.​

Last edited:
It may be that LE gets lots of calls where the kids have played hooky for a day then turn back up.

I don't understand Jenn not meeting LE in the parking lot as they pull in with "Where HAVE you been?"

All of my other feelings and suspicions aside, I personally am leaning towards JS is herself on the spectrum.

Nothing she does seems to fit or seem normal to me. Her affect is off, the bouncing, the swaying, things she seems to think are socially acceptable--like MS sharing a bed with SS. Even dating SS in the first place--i.e. a grown man so obsessed with toys and all of the other geeky stuff he is into.

Observations and opinion only. I'm not implying all people on the spectrum are "the same" or anything along those lines. Just trying to better understand what we're seeing here of JS. Also noting this would not excuse her for failing to protect MS.

^^rsbm

I think it's only the bodycam from one officer that was released. IMO, the bodycam of the second officer who returned inside the lobby of the family business with his notebook, and who appeared to be observing the room and picking up interjections from SS is still being withheld.
No. Both body cam videos have been posted and can be viewed up thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper