FL - Manhunt in Tampa after 4 slayings in 5 weeks, Oct-Nov 2017 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
He/she really is taking a big gamble this way...

This benefit the suspect has is that a lot of the streets do not have driveways connected to them or have houses with large setbacks (Ex. 12th ST north of Caracas). Also, alleys between homes can be maneuvered without being seen.

Again, still catching up and sorry for any rehash, I, and others, have asked before how he/she's possibly avoiding K9 detection...I haven't come across any answers yet but still reading...I'd really like to know what you guys think about this. Because dogs should be able to trail him/her if he/she is close...(I'll just say shim from now jk)

yes! i have been thinking about this a lot. I've walked passed that lot many times before the shooting. it was just an empty over grown lot that probably had a house on it at one point. there isn't a reason for anyone to be in that lot. what was she doing in there?

Hmmm...baited/ led there somehow? It would be standard procedure to check her phone...

yes! i have been thinking about this a lot. I've walked passed that lot many times before the shooting. it was just an empty over grown lot that probably had a house on it at one point. there isn't a reason for anyone to be in that lot. what was she doing in there?

Her aunt or grandmother..someone said she would feed stray cats in that field..and was walking to a friends .

Again, still catching up and sorry for any rehash, I, and others, have asked before how he/she's possibly avoiding K9 detection...I haven't come across any answers yet but still reading...I'd really like to know what you guys think about this. Because dogs should be able to trail him/her if he/she is close...(I'll just say shim from now jk)

Do dogs need something of the person to smell before they can follow a trail? I don't know how that works.

jmo

can someone tell me the rules about sharing facebook posts? interesting stuff on one of the local pages. if i photoshop out all the names is that ok?

Do dogs need something of the person to smell before they can follow a trail? I don't know how that works.

jmo

Well what I'm wondering is they know with the 11/14 shooting that the shooter came right up behind him...if they know the spot from where the shots were fired (where he was standing), couldn't they go from there? And the locations of the footage and their trail? Or dDo they have to have a piece of clothing or something? What about the spent ammo if he handled the ammo (he probably used gloves) but ykwim? Just like on COPS where they chase suspects with dogs?

can someone tell me the rules about sharing facebook posts? interesting stuff on one of the local pages. if i photoshop out all the names is that ok?

Only vctims', new/ mainstream media sources (msm) and Law Enforcement Facebook pages are allowed. No other social media. No, I don't think photoshopping unallowed fb links/photos is allowed. I'm not a mod. But been here a while.

Link to SM rules in progress :wave:

Eta:
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?291123-Social-Media-Facebook-Twitter-etc

If you have questions about WS rules, you should ask a Mod. Click the red triangle at the bottom of a post and a screen will pop up where you can type your question.

ok. thank you. i took screenshots for myself so we'll see if they eventually pan out beyond just being rumors.

And, remember that screenshots can't be posted here anyway. You can provide links to approved pages (MSM, LE), but not screenshots.

We welcome newcomers - glad to have so many new people here on the case.

ok. thanks for the information. i have lurked for many years from back when the Morgan Ingram case was just getting underway but have never been a poster. I made an account years ago just to be able to search but never got into posting so I'm not clear about the rules.

thanks for sharing links to the rules!

This benefit the suspect has is that a lot of the streets do not have driveways connected to them or have houses with large setbacks (Ex. 12th ST north of Caracas). Also, alleys between homes can be maneuvered without being seen.
I think the killer has already shown an immense sense of confidence, judging by the videos and the details of each attack. I've looked at the maps a lot of this area , and now after hearing you elaborate on the layout it just makes me wonder. He just got away with the 4th murder. We are 48 hours or so removed now, and I don't believe I've heard really any impactful information having been discovered that was not known before this murder occured, and supposedly it took LE a minute to arrive on scene. Again , this man (Presumably) is not the least bit worried of getting caught. He just came back to a town on high alert , saturated with police , took a 4th and disappeares back into the dark. With the layout of the town and his ability to do what you said, it may take LE randomly walking through an alley or street at just the right time , or for this already cocky killer to get bored and go to some extreme and slip up. To me that is a scary thought for the good residents of this town

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I think LE was brilliant with changing the bus routes, and also asking people to check if their guns are missing.

rbbm.
https://www.secretsofsurvival.com/survival/how-to-evade-and-escape-tracking-dogs.html
A trick that could work, in theory, to fool tracking dogs

With all that in mind, I'd like to propose a tactic that could serve to confuse tracking dogs and really cause the handler to not only doubt his dogs, but to scratch his head, trying to figure out what direction you are actually heading (if you're going to repost this trick on a website or message board, we appreciate an attribution to SecretsofSurvival.com).1. Drill or burrow small holes in the bottom of a bucket with a survival knife (you can't go wrong with a Marine Corps KA-BAR) so that a small amount of water drips out -- a very small amount of water. Now, fill the bucket with water (from a lake, pond, or river) and then rinse your hands, feet, face, and hair with the water in the bucket so that the water is contaminated with your dead skin cells.

2. Now, either a second person or even a moving vehicle (hang the bucket from a truck trailer hitch, for example, or even a small raft made of tree branches pushed down a river or let loose on to a lake) will gradually drip water from that bucket, creating a strong false trail in a direction you do not plan to travel.

3. Next, shed your clothing and rub your body thoroughly with Vaseline (also a product for first aid kits) or another petroleum jelly product (petroleum jelly should greatly reduce the amount of skin cells being shed by your body for a short period of time), including your hair. Everything on your body must be thoroughly coated in Vaseline. Remember, tracking dogs scent on our dead skin cells and not so much as our individual body odor. If we can stop these skin cells from falling for a period of time, in theory we can get out of the area without leaving a trail of skin cells that leads in our direction of travel.

4. Finally, a last step, if you can pull this off -- have a second batch of clothing and shoes (that have been worn by someone else in recent days and have not been washed and so are carrying someone else's skin cells) waiting for you a few hundred yards away or so. Re-coat your body in petroleum jelly (so that the first coat doesn't wear off yet) and then throw on this new set of clothing and shoes.

5. Get out of Dodge while the tracking dogs are chasing your scent in the wrong direction.
Read more at https://www.secretsofsurvival.com/s...escape-tracking-dogs.html#GKBsxYXcbuFyfBOw.99

Elderly relatives, overworked parents (not home), dysfunctional family life (family involved in drugs, creating, making, selling). Lives alone or has criminal roommates who don't care.

Exactly. An elderly housemate is what I had in mind.

Could he be in the area for work? Maybe night time security, janitor, restaurant/fast food, etc?

(I keep hearing the Police Chief's words lol, "I don't need speclations. I don't need profiles. I need names.")

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grumpie13