FL - Mass Shooting at Pulse nightclub, Orlando, 12 June 2016 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember in the aurora shooting it taking a lot of time to remove the victims because the photographers/evidence collectors literally have to put number card things out and document anything and everything that could be important. I imagine with so many people who lost their lives there, it's a tough scene to process and I imagine people working the scene are needing physical and emotional breaks.

We can't even keep a guy like this locked up.

To think, Charlie Manson has been locked up for 46 years and he never actually murdered anyone. Yet, they let people out everyday, just as dangerous as Charlie, or more-so. Unbelievable.

right????

There is an agenda here....

and it's so transparent.

IMO, it is not about what he thought. She did not state anything about that. Mental illiness is lifelong, she described his affect and behavior, which can be mental illiness, as opposed to "thoughts"

Triggers excaberate the iliness. We have heard from his father that the two guys kissing really triggered him. Gay days are really huge , with news coverage , combine the two stressors, throw in a dash of repressed homophobia, add a dash of repressed desires, and ya got a drive to a very popular gay bar in Orlando moo

Theme nights/Gay days are wildly promoted throughout the state

triggers, not a snap IMO, rare is there a snap. its accumilating stressors that trigger decompensation, and less judgement, impulse control proglems.

Would be very interesting to know if he was having problems at his place of employ at this point

I understand that they ask those questions. But how do they know if the donor is telling the truth?

They obviously test the blood now before it's used so why do they even ask?

Because the test may not be sensitive enough to catch a very low viral load or something else. Blood donors are not paid and they depend on the altruistic donation.

Does anyone have the link to the changes that were mentioned of going outside to standards today?

Deadliest American Mass Murder In Single Day
1.) September 11, 2001 Terrorist Attacks-3,000
2.) Oklahoma City Bombing on April 19, 1995-169
3.) Happyland Club Fire on March 25, 1990-87
4.) Pulse Nightclub Terrorist Attack on June 12, 2016-50 (Subject to change)
5.) Thomas G. Doty, Bombed Continental Airlines Flight 11 on May 22, 1962-45
5.) Bath School Bombing on May 18, 1927-45
6.) Jack Gilbert Graham, Bombed United Airlines Flight 629 on November 1, 1955-44
6.) Francisco Paula Gonzales, Murder/Suicide on board Pacific Air Lines Flight 773 on May 7, 1964-44
7.) David Burke, Killed his former supervisor and two pilots on board Pacific Southwest Airlines Flight 1771 on December 7, 1987-43
8.) Seung-Hui Cho, Virginia Tech Massacre on April 16, 2007-32
9.) Adam Lanza, Sandy Hook Massacre on December 14, 2012-27
10.) Humberto de la Torre, Set fire to Dorothy Mae Apartment Hotel in Los Angeles on September 4, 1982-25
11.) George Hennard, Killeen Massacre, October 16, 1991-23
12.) James Huberty, McDonald's Massacre at San Ysidro, California on July 18, 1984-21
13.) Charles Whitman, University of Texas Clocktower Massacre in Austin on August 1, 1966-18

The Orlando Massacre is the deadliest with gun. The deadliest prior was Virginia Tech Massacre, which is now a distant second.

9/11 is the deadliest mass murder in single day as it is the deadliest terrorist attack. It also happens to be one of the deadliest disasters in American history along with 1900 Galveston Hurricane, 1906 San Francisco Hurricane, and 1928 Lake Okeechobee Hurricane.

Some of these mass murders are obscure today. Many did not involve use of gun.

I absolutely do not believe this mass terrorist was a closeted gay nor had he ever had sex with a gay man either. This was about twisted hate by a man who was an Islamic extremist. He felt they were an abomination. His radical religious beliefs against all infidels and all homosexuals is the sole reason for this happening today. This is what he was taught to believe. Imo, it is unwise to think he did this because he was gay himself because we see how all ISIS terrorists everywhere treats homosexuals the same and it isn't because they are gay themselves. It may make some feel better if they think he targeted this group of people because he was gay himself but I don't think there is any evidence of that nor will there be.

We must face the brutal truth in order to deal with it. ISIS and their sympathizers hate gays with all of their being. That has been well known since we have known about these fanatical extremists. The Quran teaches them that homosexuals are to be murdered, and they believe what is in their bible (Quran) just like a Christian bible teaches the opposite of thou shall not kill. Not only do they thoroughly detest homosexuals their bible tells them they will be rewarded by their God even more during the month of Ramadan if they murder at anytime during this period.

I have long worried about an attack like this that happened today on the gay community because I have known very well how they view all gays.

These are twisted evil people who belong to nothing but a cult who uses their religion as a reason to rape. torture, and murder others. They are so fanatical in their beliefs they truly believe they will be rewarded for all of the violence they do. It is mindboggling to me why anyone on this earth would want to follow a God of hate and violence but thousands have joined ISIS and every one of them have to be sociopaths. Even without any religious faith at all a human being knows it is morally wrong to murder and rape people but to do it over and over again in the name of their religion is mind blowing.

They truly are the devil personified.

I really hope this time that the Muslim communities all across our country comes out in droves to denounce these horrible acts of violence. Before we may see one or two that will come out against it but I wish we would hear from many Muslims rather than such a small number. The silent majority of Muslims bothers me greatly at times.

I get what you're saying about the Islamic extremists, yet, then there's this guy in LA, who, if it weren't for a tip, we'd have two new threads, and more dead folks, today. I'm thinking he's not in love w/the gay community either.

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-gay-pride-la-weapons-20160612-snap-story.html

This had nothing to do with gays and everything to do with terrorism. Gays were the target THIS TIME, next time it could be any one of us. And there will be a next time. Nice to know the FBI interviewed the shooter twice and that he was on the 'watch' list. That sure turned out to be helpful [not.]

TY for your post.

It was Latino night at the Pulse. Maybe he hated Latinos? Maybe he hated people who go to nightclubs, period. Maybe he hated people in Orlando. We don't know.

We do know that he himself said it was in the name of ISIS.

We can connect some dots and draw some inferences. We know that Islam calls for death to all gays, and this murderer identified with Islam. It was probably targeted specifically toward gay people, but we do not yet know that.

I think that his goal was to terrorize. He did that.

He also attacked a soft target. A gay club where the patrons were likely unarmed. JMO

So the wavier given today for gays donating blood could be a health problem down the road.

Not good.

They may be allowed to donate but the standards cannot be changed :moo: in which an unacceptable donation is put into the blood supply.

I'm not sure what they're going to do with that blood and I will check into that tomorrow as I know somebody high up in the blood banking industry in Florida . Perhapd it will be put to good use for something but I don't believe it will be given to another person. it may go into certain other blood products which are processed for making testing products versus giving the blood to another individual?

Donated blood is not only transferred from City to city, but state to state upon high demand.

I would hope that someone high up will ask for donations Statewide and Nationwide for the blood supplies to be donated and be resupplied.

ETA: Upthread it was reported that the standards were changed, but they have come out since then and heve said that they have not been changed... so ignore the above post

many people are stating their opinions (which is fine) very strongly, sounding as if their minds are made up about certain things that we still dont have enough information about.

i would caution against doing that, saying things like "this was NOT terrorism", "he was NOT mentally ill, he knew exactly what he was doing".

to me, those seem like the kinds of statements that will get you entrenched in a position and less willing to be open to changing your mind when more information comes out.

Very well stated.

I remember in the aurora shooting it taking a lot of time to remove the victims because the photographers/evidence collectors literally have to put number card things out and document anything and everything that could be important. I imagine with so many people who lost their lives there, it's a tough scene to process and I imagine people working the scene are needing physical and emotional breaks.

I've been thinking about those working the scene all day. It will be the worst thing most of these seasoned professionals will ever see in their line of work. From the cops to crime scene and all those in the hospitals working to save the lives of those still living. My thoughts are with them. And of course all the families affected by this. I can't imagine waiting to find out if your loved one is alive or dead after a mass casualty situation like this. Pure agony!!

I think that his goal was to terrorize. He did that.

He also attacked a soft target. A gay club where the patrons were likely unarmed. JMO

BBM. I totally agree. The specific target, the specific weapons.... those were secondary to his overarching goal of terrorizing in the name in Islam.

It's terrorism, not homophobia. I don't know how I can be any more succinct. Islamic terrorists kill non believers wherever they find them. Terrorism doesn't discriminate. It was a crime of opportunity, much like the Bataclan. This shooter wasn't on the FBI's watch list because he hated gay peoople, he was on the watch list because he was suspected of having links to ISIS.

Why can't it be both? IMO it can.

Wow, for real??? I cannot believe this .. That's the equivalent of Nazi Germany and here you have high ranking Republicans attending?? This is even worse than the public bathrooms nonsense and I thought that was bad! This kind of bigotry belongs back in the dark ages and everybody engaged in it needs to hang their heads in shame along with this guy ...

6dd77be9bd3e5aef1653a7d3e73f2a4d.jpg

Why can't it be both? IMO it can.

Because terrorism doesn't discriminate and any attempts made to paint this as a case of homophobia minimizes the global threat and insurmountable suffering islamic terrorism inflicts upon all humanity, imo.

Because terrorism doesn't discriminate and any attempts made to paint this as a case of homophobia minimizes the global threat and insurmountable suffering islamic terrorism inflicts upon all humanity, imo.

Looks like we'll have to agree to disagree.
:peace:

Wow, for real??? I cannot believe this .. That's the equivalent of Nazi Germany and here you have high ranking Republicans attending?? This is even worse than the public bathrooms nonsense and I thought that was bad! This kind of bigotry belongs back in the dark ages and everybody engaged in it needs to hang their heads in shame along with this guy ...

A link was posted upthread that indicated it was his media team who had prepared the tweet earlier (last week, iirc) and that Patrick is out of the country.

Well, we already know how he feels about the transgendered so to me it's no surprise (people would believe) his first reaction would be along the lines of "I told you so."

*I understand it was later shown to have not been tweeted by him and it was deleted.

JMO

Well, we already know how he feels about the transgendered so no surprise his first reaction would be along the lines of "I told you so."

JMO

Oh is he one of those people freaking out about transsexuals using public bathrooms is he? Nice ..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper