FL - Michelle Mishcon, 53, & John Stevens, 59, murdered, Tequesta, 15 Aug 2016 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dr. Harrouff says his son is in restraints in the hospital bed and only wakes momentarily and goes into convulsions.

What do you guys hear at 20 or so seconds in dog ?

http://www.wtsp.com/news/local/florida/desperate-police-call-details-face-biting-attack/306026266

They are saying he was living with his mother

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/n...r-ids-two-people-found-dead-at-tequest/nsGgj/

...I sit in my garage sometimes, my dad did also when I was little (maybe that's where I got it)... I couldn't imagine just sitting there and some crazy person waltzing up, taking a swig of motor oil, acting (probably) insane, and then beating me to a pulp. I imagine it all happened rather quickly and it is a quite shocking scenerio.

I imagine the pair of them were sitting with their backs to the garage door as it was open on a hot night, and either listening to music or watching tv; and then, maybe silently, a frenzied maniac creeps upon them... Just like that. It's kinda scary how random, heinous, and senseless these murders were.
frown.gif
Very sad.

I saw a pic of the garage gave me chills cause the chairs were facing in. So it could have been like sudden appearance -- hear what sounds like a bear and turn around and there is a wide eyed ,bloody, sweating , grunting, bleeding human being, in underwear, coming at you -- had to be horrid imo

just would take some time to absorb what the heck?

Strange that a guy in underwear walked a mile without notice...

I drive this road most days and sometimes at night. I can't emphasize enough, how very dark it is about two miles southwest of the crime scene. I don't think I would have noticed a person walking the path which runs parallel to the road.

IMHO

Sorry, I don't want him back on the streets. He is a danger to others in society.
I kind of think that if he survives he wont remember much. IMO LE should be focusing on those who knew him clearing up all the inconsitnecies - its gets more and more confusing.

I think the answer as to what happened may have been hiding in plain sight to at least some degree. His family knew he used drugs and on YouTube he openly jokes about taking shrooms (and also implies he is/was on steroids). Shrooms aren't seen as a hard drug, but actually have been implicated in murder multiple times, like this MMA fighter who murdered while on shrooms sounds rather similar to this case, complete with attacking the face as well as seeing himself on some kind of mission and engaging in cannibalism:
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/jarrod-...nds-heart-and-tongue-pleads-guilty-to-murder/
Like probably what happened with the MMA fighter, it could have been a mega-trip caused by roid rage plus shrooms leading to a homicidal cannibalistic psychotic break. With shrooms the body temperature temporarily rises, but then it falls and you become sweaty.

It seems that tox report for something out of the garage would be a lot quicker- when people come in dont they usually test and get substance pretty quick to know how to treat?

Maybe the designer drugs might take that long I dont know - but the garage thing? Starting not to believe the garage injestion stuff - there is not a way , whoever stated such would not be also able to say what it was, or color shape of bottle.

I keep getting hung up on this! If noone was there how could anyone "report" it. Unless maybe he told them you wont find any drugs in me but I drank tranmission fluid? Maybe they are not releasing it "incriminating? Someone help!!

Linked earlier I did not know he was found in the driveway.

his father said the strange behavior had been going on for months. That is the pitts. If true that it runs in the family that is huge, there is a strong gentic compnent to schizphrenia. Dad has a medical degree - nothing other than a crime not to have him evaluated UNLESS they had. I had a much different experince than an earlier poster as far as meidcation compliance- very poor in this population. Very. So I am wondering if he had seen someone, been non complaint and or taking them inconjunction with other stuff. But lab work could reveal that. It is pitiful if dad had seen this degree of impariment for "months" - which is also congruent with him starting his You Tube channel 5 months ago.

IMO, it is also bizaire that he had not shown his videos to his frat brothers. These are folks that are in college - its not like there is a subtly to his total off uploads. This Am I went back to his channel and his AUstin postin or whatever it is (blue screens- many) are totally incoherent. In some cases its like making noises. HOw a "friend" would not become concerned about their firend that is posting utter nonsense on line is not a red flag floors me.

In addition I am confident this generation knows that emplyers Google people these days. I would think the concern, as a friend, would be concerned (for his future) with those inane postings.

Would you hire him if you saw one of his videos? Even if all his frat brothers were doing steroids together one would think (again in college) they are aware of roid rage. There is a total disconnect here, not only with him, but with all around him IMO.

The "months" statement by dad really pisses me off. It is pathetic and two people are not alive now. Dont know about mom but dad is educated, shame on him

moo

If he was using steroids, then steroid use would unmask underlying psychiatric disorder, which presumably be paranoid schizophrenia. If schizophrenia runs in a family, why didn't parents pay more attention to his strange behavior?

"Harrouff’s dad, Wade, thinks mental illness may have triggered the attacks. The teen hasn’t been diagnosed, his dad said, but schizophrenia runs in the family."

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/n...-and-dont-know-about-martin-stabbings-/nsLZ8/

Just my opinion, but I dont see "pure schziphrenia - there is a lot of affective stuff going on. Most of the time they are really flat and blunted

anyone having a lot of shockwave problems on this page??

Remember that Austin's bleeding esophagus can also result from swallowing something caustic in the garage where the murders occurred.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3096249/
And most likely if and when his esophagus heals, there will probably be so much scar tissue build up he won't ever be able to eat anything, and could be so bad that he can't drink anything either. I'm sure his throat is also very burned, and he may not be able to swallow. If he ends up with a trach, that will eliminate both eating and drinking.

I keep getting hung up on this! If noone was there how could anyone "report" it. Unless maybe he told them you wont find any drugs in me but I drank tranmission fluid? Maybe they are not releasing it "incriminating? Someone help!!

Snipped for focus

I believe the "caustic substance" came after he was hospitalized. He had a lot of internal injuries consistent with "ingestion of a caustic substance", so that was a medical conclusion as to the cause.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Someone good with maps? It would be very interesting (IMO!) to see if their house (victims) is like the same number of houses down on the street his dads home was. If any credibility to claim that he might have mistaken the home for his dads, obviouly he was not doing well so could be valid ??Scary - but valid!

Missed this

Harrouff left the restaurant, his father said, and went to his mother’s house.

, Mina, brought him back to the restaurant.

his father and mother divorced when he was a child,

TheVillagesSuntimes http://thevillagessuntimes.com/2016/08/24/austin-harrouff-face-eating-case-911-call-audio/

charge him with two counts of first-degree murder and one of attempted murder.

TY Wyle............................( I loved the way you said snipped for "focus"!)

At least now, finally, that explains why they are not sure. I had never heard that it came from the hospital, I took it as someone had told LE he drank something. That makes sense now - well at least one thing does in this mess.

http://www.wsoctv.com/news/trending-now/what-we-know-dont-know-about-martin-stabbings-facebiting/429220027

Snipped for focus

I believe the "caustic substance" came after he was hospitalized. He had a lot of internal injuries consistent with "ingestion of a caustic substance", so that was a medical conclusion as to the cause.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
I agree with you, Wyle_E_Coyote. That's why the report came days later. The initial screen was for drugs IMO. Sadly, they'll have to start including rapid tests for known synthetics too.

It's possible that he won't survive if he's having severe liver failure. Given the description it sounds like the failing liver is causing the bleeding esophagus and the fluid in the lungs:
Dr. Wade Harrouff told The Palm Beach Post that his son, Austin Harrouff, 19, who is in critical but stable condition, has a malfunctioning liver, fluid in his lungs and a bleeding esophagus.
http://www.clickorlando.com/news/accused-face-biters-organs-are-malfunctioning-father-says
If his liver is so bad that he can't even remain conscious, the only way he might survive is with a live organ donation from a family member as otherwise I don't think he'll be fast-tracked on any waiting lists.
Could the bleeding esophagus be from the supposedly caustic material he allegedly ingested?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Someone good with maps? It would be very interesting (IMO!) to see if their house (victims) is like the same number of houses down on the street his dads home was. If any credibility to claim that he might have mistaken the home for his dads, obviouly he was not doing well so could be valid ??Scary - but valid!

Missed this

TheVillagesSuntimes http://thevillagessuntimes.com/2016/08/24/austin-harrouff-face-eating-case-911-call-audio/

TY Wyle............................( I loved the way you said snipped for "focus"!)

At least now, finally, that explains why they are not sure. I had never heard that it came from the hospital, I took it as someone had told LE he drank something. That makes sense now - well at least one thing does in this mess.

http://www.wsoctv.com/news/trending-now/what-we-know-dont-know-about-martin-stabbings-facebiting/429220027
I would imagine he started throwing up after he got to the ER, and the staff recognized that with his strange noises and actions, then the nausea was consistent with a poison and/or caustic ingestion. I also wonder why it would take so long for a tox screen. I would think a blood and urine sample could be sent to an independent lab and get results much sooner

Missed this

CARIIS---I live in the area, and it makes no sense to me, why AH turned down SE Kokomo that fateful evening. As you can see on the map, he was headed for SE Merritt, and it isn't that close. The Stevens home was two houses from Island Way.

http://geoweb.martin.fl.us/general/?pcn=22-40-42-002-000-00170-4

Could the bleeding esophagus be from the supposedly caustic material he allegedly ingested?

Yes! That is probably a bigger possibility than being liver related.

tid bits :

Harrouff, a student and fraternity member at Florida State University, was a normal, well-mannered kid who stayed out of trouble, played football and did well at Suncoast Community High School in Riviera Beach, according to a former teammate.
Harrouff graduated in 2015 from Suncoast, a magnet school in which students compete to get in and sign contracts to live up to high academic and behavioral standards.

g John Stevens III, 59, and Michelle Mishcon, 53,

pper-class neighborhood on a dead-end street

Harrouff hasn’t been charged with a crime for financial and tactical reasons, Snyder said. Taxpayers aren’t responsible for his medical expenses unless he’s charged.

left the restaurant about 8:30 p.m

She called Jupiter police about 11:45 p.m., not knowing about the attack reported about 9:20 p.m.

..... mother told police her son didn’t have any history of mental problems and wasn’t a heavy drug user. She also said her son hasn’t ever talked about hurting himself, and he’s always been courteous and respectful toward all law enforcement.

It wasn’t until 2:30 a.m. Tuesday that they learned Harrouff was in the custody of Martin County Sheriff’s officials.

Scroll down moms entire 911 call

It was very interesting , that when asked what he was wearing when she told them the color of the shirt she said if he is wearing it. I thought that was unique.

http://www.tcpalm.com/news/crime/martin-county/Everything-we-know-about-the--390724242.html

Michelle Mishcon and John Stevens were inseparable.
If there’s any peace her longtime co-worker Pete Striano can find in the wake of the couple’s death, he said, it’s in the fact they left this world together.
“They did everything together,” Striano said. “If there was something socially, it wasn’t ever Michelle at something that John wasn’t at and vice versa.
“They lived their lives for each other.”
Striano, who worked with Mishcon for 15 years at the Boca Raton-based Striano Financial Group of Northwestern Mutual, .....

People packed the 1,167-seat Parker Playhouse theater in Fort Lauderdale for the memorial that lasted more than two hours, ....

........Mishcon was in charge of supervision and compliance for the financial services company. She worked directly for Striano for the past eight years.
“Her main job was to make sure that people who were brought into the firm were of good character,
Mishcon well as part of a 20-member team that supported 150 financial representatives, and he described her as “the integral cog of our team.”

Striano saw her Monday at work, where she helped someone get licensed, and a client who had lost a spouse deal with beneficiaries.

“She was in a great mood,” Striano said. “She was in the same mood she’s in every day.”
Striano got a call about 6 a.m. Tuesday from Mishcon’s ex-husband, who told him what happened.

He had expected the big turnout Friday at the memorial service.
“They had tons of friends,” Striano said.
http://www.tcpalm.com/news/crime/martin-county/they-did-everything-together-says-longtime-co-worker-about-couple-killed-in-martin-county-double--3a-390699291.html

No one knows yet whether Austin Harrouff was suffering from a mental illness during a brutal Monday night attack he is accused of that left a Martin County couple dead.

MENTAL ILLNESS?

"The onset of major mental illness occurs in late adolescence or early adulthood, which this guy fits right into that paradigm," he said.

.....psychosis generally comes on one of two ways, Shearer said: either slow and steady at age 13 or 14, or suddenly in older teens with few or no prior symptoms.

"If he (Harrouff) was mentally ill, if we're dealing with a mental illness of bipolar or schizophrenia — I would lean more toward bipolar, ....... — this is the classic age that would occur," Shearer said.

......"There's some evidence here based on his (YouTube) videos that it's just been in the last couple of months that this has been an issue."

.....and at this age, often mental health issues may pop up that weren't there earlier in life."

Shearer noted Harrouff is a "high-functioning and very socially acceptable" person and a member of a fraternity.

Harrouff didn't fit the profile of other high-profile murderers who seemed to have mental health issues, such as Omar Mateen, of Fort Pierce, who in June killed 49 people inside an Orlando nightclub.

..... this kid (Harrouff), it's very odd, which is why it makes it more believable to me that we're dealing with a mental illness or some kind of psychosis.

,,,,whether it's a brain tumor or other things, because we do know a brain tumor can cause psychosis."

homicides with an excessive amount of violence or mutilation of a victim tend to fall into three categories:

• Homicides committed by serial killers "who derive some sort of perverted pleasure from inflicting the trauma";
  • Homicides by close associates "who have a real or perceived grievance against the victims";
  • Homicides by people with a mental illness.

"It seems obvious that there's going to be some sort of mental health defense mounted,"

........if Harrouff's lawyers plan to use an insanity defense, they must alert the state no more than 15 days after he's arraigned on murder charges, which can't happen until after an indictment is issued by a grand jury.

...... state agreed Harrouff was legally insane, it would be up to a judge to commit him to the custody of the Department of Children and Families, which would be charged with placing him in a mental health facility.

http://www.tcpalm.com/news/crime/ma...nsanity-defense-3a59876f-8461--390788571.html

http://www.tcpalm.com/news/crime/ma...r-doing-absolutely-nothing--3a-390500441.html

http://www.tcpalm.com/news/crime/ma...tack-3a311f35-9fd1-3964-e053-0-390339951.html

So, maybe he wasn't headed anywhere, just roaming in a familiar setting, or looking for someone to engage with.

I was wondering, is there any teeny tiny chance at all he was able to get his paws on something caustic AFTER he was taken into custody? Was he transported to hospital in an ambulance? Could he gave grabbed bleach in the back of ride or after arrival at hospital?

I know that's not likely to have happened. But the thing is, I believe them that he ingested something caustic. I just can't make the WHEN part work.

It could be a ruse. He might be a psychopath that followed The Causeway Cannibal story and thought he'd emulate it to get the most press for committing a horrific crime. I'm not sold that he is insane just quite yet.

Good call x_files

Oh for Gods sake I agree! This crime was horrific and the daddy is going to try the mentally ill syndrome schizophrenia!!! 😡

If the was schizophrenic, systems don't happen in 2 weeks. SMH 😡 This would have been noticed by g/f, friends, or past teachers etc

jmo 🐮

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member