FL - Michelle Mishcon, 53, & John Stevens, 59, murdered, Tequesta, 15 Aug 2016 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
JMO, I'm sure not many parents would think something like this would happen. We probably know more about what was going on with him from watching the videos than they did.

It's not that easy to determine how weird your 19 yr. old is becoming, especially if he was always a goofy, zany, or even a quiet and moody kid. Parents don't have a lot of control once a child hits that age. Sometimes parents think it's something he'll outgrow. After all, he's going to college now and we can relax as parents some.

However, parents would probably notice those weight fluctuations, and should've been aware if there was any steroid abuse going on, the noticeable depression and sharp mood swings, or using a gun and killing a bird from your backyard, telling his mother he has super powers, and as his father is saying showing signs of the family mental illness and talking suicidal. Parents stayed in denial one day too long.

What about the other people who interacted with him? His sister, the frat boys, the teachers, coaches, etc., seeing any big red flags before this tragedy happened. Who do we blame? Heck, he, himself, knew he was losing his mind and part psycho and didn't go for help

On the other hand, which would be my third hand, I don't want to hear his father making excuses or pleading for sympathy on national tv so soon when clearly the parents don't even know if their son took flakka or something that night. Is he going to tell the audience how he may have grabbed his son by the collar and the arguments in the front of the house? Not to mention, Dad knows from his own past DUIs how to work the legal system and is lucky himself that he didn't kill anybody and have to do time. MOO, from my snarky side.

I understand, I truly do, how hard it is to feel compassion & understanding for certain people peripherally involved in this case, but please tread carefully when it comes to the perp's family. By WS's definition, they are considered victims of this horror as well. :tyou:

Thanks for the reminder, KayElJay. No more snarky. I'll be good. :innocent:

Oh, I definitely understand his family is dealing with alot. All this happened and has just been dumped in their laps. On top of having a child in the hospital, and mysterious things going on there. I think the whole family could benefit from counseling. This is alot to deal with!

<mod snip>

He strikes me as being the type of person who would try to stir up anything he could to try and take the focus off Austin as being a murderer. Telling his son "say this", or "say that", "pretend you don't remember", saying he could blame his actions on emotional problems, or health problems...the dad seems to be a real piece of work!

Oh, and I do understand about HIPAA R's and R's. I'm an LPN, and what we there's a real fine line between what we can and cannot say. But at the same time, since they said he was stable, they could release a statement saying some improvement, or no improvement, or upgraded from serious to guarded, or whatever, without giving specific details. The dad is probably the one person we shouldn't listen to as far as condition. He could be allowed to get up and walk with assistance, and dad could tell us he had orders to stay in bed. I think the dad has every intention to milk this for all he can.
His condition hasn't changed. He was scheduled to have his breathing tube removed. He will stay in the hospital for at least another week.
"His condition hasn't changed either - Harrouff remains critical, but stable - and is likely to remain hospitalized for at least another week."
http://cbs12.com/news/local/harrouff

I am too curious to go through life not knowing eventually what the caustic fluid was, where he got it, and when he drank it.

I imagine it was something in the couple's garage. How corrosive was it? Bleach, insect spray, gasoline, ammonia, motor oil, paint thinner, jewelry cleaner, an acid...what was it? When did he drink it? Sorry, but wouldn't it be hard to bite or even talk after that? I can't imagine how it all came about. He attacks the couple. then the neighbor is stabbed five times, then he's back on top and biting the victim when LE comes.

There's no telling the damage he caused himself depending on what he drank.

Caustic Substances Poisoning
http://www.merckmanuals.com/home/injuries-and-poisoning/poisoning/caustic-substances-poisoning

Corrosives are different from poisons in that corrosives are immediately dangerous to the tissues they contact, whereas poisons may have systemic toxic effects that require time to become evident. Colloquially, corrosives may be called "poisons" but the concepts are technically distinct.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corrosive_substance

That hospital bill is going to be astronomical. I remember soon after the crimes it was reported in one of the early news articles that there was a "For Sale" sign outside his father's house. Remember that? I wonder if the sign was up before the crimes. The financial hardship from the hospital bills, and then defense attorney fees is going to take up a lot of money. Does Dr. Phil pay guests? I, too, hope the family gets offered counseling help.

........................hope I sleep better than I didn't sleep last night...............:eek:fftobed:

I took a look at the FSU roster for 2016 and AH wasn't large enough to have a chance at the positions he played in high school. Those players range from 250 to almost 350 lbs.

Oh boy is that not a steroid motivater?

CARIIS, Thank you for posting all the pics of AH. Some of them look so different, I went searching to make sure they were the same person.

I couldn't agree more about the motivation to use steroids. Imagine being a high school "star" with visions of college followed by a huge payout (millions) if they make the pro level. The temptation to use steroids must be immense.

CARIIS, Thank you for posting all the pics of AH. Some of them look so different, I went searching to make sure they were the same person.

I couldn't agree more about the motivation to use steroids. Imagine being a high school "star" with visions of college followed by a huge payout (millions) if they make the pro level. The temptation to use steroids must be immense.

TY - I was worried you guys would get pissed for posting so many images! But as I started I thought goodness there is stuff here and it is correlated to a dude that is posting endless YT videos about his body!!

Your Welcome!!

Once a therpist always one! Can anyone figure out how to find out where the heck he lived last semester. Was not in dorm nor frat house.

Was it known as a party complex?

Was it run down?

Was there a lot of LE invovment with the community?

Drug complex?

Did he have a roomate ? etcetc

For me, I just cant imagine , if it might be bathsalts or other thing, doing it alone.

And its just weird - so high profile , and noone knows where he lives? Usually they woud name the complex.

It may just be me , but I would think where a double murderer lived would be a part of the story. We know where the second was in two hours?

If roomate, that could be very telling.

If alone that could be telling as far as his isolation, and possible poor interpersonal skills etc

T tried the white pages - afterwards laughed at myself --19 year old dont even know what a landline is!!! Dummy!

[FONT=&amp]

&#8220;Austin is a good kid. People always make mistakes in college and have fun,&#8221; the anonymous friend said. &#8220;Whatever happened isn't Austin. He isn't himself now.&#8221;

I did not see the above quote ...I only saw and posted this "he started to &#8220;play with some things he shouldn&#8217;t have.&#8221;

But, When you put them both together .....................

So that would imply that others knew - which helps account for their silence

That seems telling.

Could doing steroids being considered "fun"?

[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]http://www.ibtimes.com/zombie-killi...rouff-isnt-himself-friend-says-2403241Police: Flor

O/T:
[/FONT]I am a visual person pictures help me!!

[FONT=&amp]The 19-year-old Florida teen who attacked two people in a rampage linked to bath salt drugs was released from the hospital Tuesday, police said.
[/FONT]
http://onlinenews8.com/tag/austin-harrouff

[FONT=&amp]Amazing what a night of Frakka and jail can do to someone- certainly does not look like orginal pic![/FONT][

faceoff31n-2-web.jpg

[FONT=&amp]He told a local TV reporter he was &#8220;dearly sorry&#8221; as deputies walked him into Martin County jail for booking.[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]&#8220;I do have regrets. I regret ever taking the drugs that I was on. I regret breaking into that house, and I regret hurting those people,&#8221; Gallo said,

Video of him here

http://www.wflx.com/story/32890338/...nt-drug-fueled-burglary-says-hes-dearly-sorry

[/FONT]
37B1ADC500000578-3763470-image-a-1_1472511453755.jpg
[FONT=&amp]
[/FONT]

faceoff31n-1-web.jpg

11592574_G.jpg

Kinda gives one insight into the drug -- he is slim in terms of his power. How does one hurl themselves a window --- I see not a scratch ??

Not making excuses - maybe this age group really has no clue what this junk does? I just dont get the sense this generation , generlaly speaking, is watching much news (Pokeman! Yes) so maybe they have no clue??

He does seem authentic in apolgy (eyes) IMO

I have done some deep soul searching in regards to this case. I put my son in AH place. Assuming I missed the signs/looked the other way at him changes, what would I be doing in their exact position?...
I would be doing ANYTHING I could to try and salvage any inch of his life for him. I cannot imagine the pain of his victims families, but I can imagine MY pain if I experienced having my much loved son in the position AH is in now. His entire life is over. My access to my flesh and blood son is forever restricted. His future is over. I can imagine this so clearly it takes away my breath.
Having admitted to the above, I honestly cannot speak against his family for doing everything they can to protect him. Wrong or right, I understand this. It is a gut reaction. Natural instinct. I cringe at the father's public behavior though, crying on TV. It's inappropriate and offensive to his sons victims.
I speak from some knowledge here. My husband's brother committed murder against his gf. I watched how it destroyed her family AND our family. Btw, you don't stop loving your child because he commits an atrocious act. And my in laws spent years beating themselves up for missing his increased psychosis, and unable to stop his addictions. (he was mentally ill and on drugs).
Anyway, I just wanted to speak for the other side for a second. My heart breaks for the children of the victims. My heart beats hard for the mom of AH because this pain I've seen. This pain I understand.
Rambling, sorry.

Ot: no bugs on the home front lately. My two little doggies been eating those nasty camel crickets before they can get near the house!

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

There seems to be alot of unnecessary "hush hush" where Austin's condition is concerned. I do wonder what that is all about.
Not much has made alot of sense since all this began. It's not like they are looking for an accomplice, and LE doesn't want him to get wise! Some things just seem out and out stupid.

If there were drugs involved, I'd think that LE would really want to nail that dealer.

If there were drugs involved, I'd think that LE would really want to nail that dealer.
You would think huh? But I cannot see kids in Austin's age group turning somebody in readily. Somebody would more than likely turn the dealer in if somebody they care about ends up with brain damage or 80years in jail, or God forbid, somebody dies.
I have been using the term poison and caustic interchangeably. Mainly, a caustic substance is going to be poisonous as well. That makes the body have to work even harder to try to rid the body of this foreign substance. Kind of like having six eggs in one hand and half a dozen in the other.

I have done some deep soul searching in regards to this case. I put my son in AH place. Assuming I missed the signs/looked the other way at him changes, what would I be doing in their exact position?...
I would be doing ANYTHING I could to try and salvage any inch of his life for him. I cannot imagine the pain of his victims families, but I can imagine MY pain if I experienced having my much loved son in the position AH is in now. His entire life is over. My access to my flesh and blood son is forever restricted. His future is over. I can imagine this so clearly it takes away my breath.
Having admitted to the above, I honestly cannot speak against his family for doing everything they can to protect him. Wrong or right, I understand this. It is a gut reaction. Natural instinct. I cringe at the father's public behavior though, crying on TV. It's inappropriate and offensive to his sons victims.
I speak from some knowledge here. My husband's brother committed murder against his gf. I watched how it destroyed her family AND our family. Btw, you don't stop loving your child because he commits an atrocious act. And my in laws spent years beating themselves up for missing his increased psychosis, and unable to stop his addictions. (he was mentally ill and on drugs).
Anyway, I just wanted to speak for the other side for a second. My heart breaks for the children of the victims. My heart beats hard for the mom of AH because this pain I've seen. This pain I understand.
Rambling, sorry.

Ot: no bugs on the home front lately. My two little doggies been eating those nasty camel crickets before they can get near the house!

Poor dogs, YUCK! I had a Persian cat when I was a kid, and once in a while he would find one of those big grasshoppers and eat it. Then it always ended up making him sick!

Poor dogs, YUCK! I had a Persian cat when I was a kid, and once in a while he would find one of those big grasshoppers and eat it. Then it always ended up making him sick!
They save me from the dreaded cricket overwintering infestation. It is daunting to call your puppy over and see a long cricket leg twitching in her mouth. Ugh, gag....good doggie.[emoji4]

No, you're not rambling. It would be terrible to be in the shoes of any of the family members on either side. One family is dealing with the loss of parents, brothers, sisters, cousins. They are all hurting and want to know how and why this horrible crime happened.
Austin's family is dealing with the fact their son murdered two people. So young, with his whole life in front of him. Now, all those dreams and anticipations have been destroyed. Their son will spend his life in a home with mentally ill people, or behind bars for an eternity. Neither family deserves to have this happening to them.

I certainly feel bad for the parents even though perhaps his life at home could have influenced his behavior and his lack of decent mental health treatment could have too...but I don't know the full details yet so it's hard to say.

But even so for anyone's child to "snap" and commit such a heinous act...it's a nightmare. Life will never be the same and even if we don't know the extent of what his life was truly like at home...I have a feeling there's probably some guilt on the shoulders of the family.

I certainly feel bad for the parents even though perhaps his life at home could have influenced his behavior and his lack of decent mental health treatment could have too...but I don't know the full details yet so it's hard to say.

But even so for anyone's child to "snap" and commit such a heinous act...it's a nightmare. Life will never be the same and even if we don't know the extent of what his life was truly like at home...I have a feeling there's probably some guilt on the shoulders of the family.
I think any time a child ends up hooked on drugs, or is in and out of jail, or goes to prison, parents ask themselves over and over, where did I go wrong, what should I have done differently, why didn't I see this...and yes, feel guilty. But ultimately, once they are over 18, the kids need to be mature enough to make good decisions. And with lots of kids, they act first and think later. And,we, as parents cannot continually blame ourselves for all the mistakes our kids make. Which, I believe we all have trouble with at times!

Most parents put themselves in his parents place with understanding that it's sometimes beyond our parental control to stop a 19 yr. old from making their own bad decisions and making stupid mistakes. AH made videos we all got to see, but there's plenty of other teens with questionable FB and other social media profiles pages we see after the fact. I know we see red warning signs now that he's committed these crimes, but we might've thought he was just another teen taking endless selfies, acting goofy or strange, even if he was our child. Not sure he was even living at home, and that makes it even harder to monitor his actions or behavior.

I just think it was a mistake for the father to speak too soon to media and do a tv show before understanding anything about his son's crimes. It almost invites judgment when father tells us the signs he was seeing and didn't do anything. I realize it makes him feel like he's doing something now by rushing in to take control of public opinion or which direction it will go legally for his son. It just comes across as too soon. Tox results aren't even in. The victims families are still reeling with grief.

But you bet I'm going to watch Dr. Phil because I'd like to know what the father has to say and see if he can help me understand how this tragedy happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tbrown@spartanburgcounty.