FL - Michelle Mishcon, 53, & John Stevens, 59, murdered, Tequesta, 15 Aug 2016 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thankfully we live in a country where in many places we are afforded the right to stop attacks like these with any force necessary. Considering this in Florida, the window guy and AH were quite fortunate they didn't end up with an entire magazines worth of ammo unloaded on them.

In this instance, busting through a house window and fighting with the son...just getting beat with a bat was mild, it could have been much worse for him. But he deserved it, regardless.

Unfortunately, it's this issue of "victim blaming" that annoys me. Mom did what she had to do, there shouldn't even be a question about that...

I don't understand the victim blaming either. Only a criminal would blame the victim.

There seems to be alot of unnecessary "hush hush" where Austin's condition is concerned. I do wonder what that is all about.
Not much has made alot of sense since all this began. It's not like they are looking for an accomplice, and LE doesn't want him to get wise! Some things just seem out and out stupid.

Rich, white male kid with affluent parents with good attorneys. They don't dare leak any info.
This case is bizarre but I don't recall any media outlets like Nancy Grace discussing it even.

Very interesting! Wouldn't you like "to be a fly on the wall" in that hospital room?

I bet daddy has filled AH's ears full of things

jmo

I hope the FEDS have the room bugged.

<mod snip>

He strikes me as being the type of person who would try to stir up anything he could to try and take the focus off Austin as being a murderer. Telling his son "say this", or "say that", "pretend you don't remember", saying he could blame his actions on emotional problems, or health problems...the dad seems to be a real piece of work!

Oh, and I do understand about HIPAA R's and R's. I'm an LPN, and what we there's a real fine line between what we can and cannot say. But at the same time, since they said he was stable, they could release a statement saying some improvement, or no improvement, or upgraded from serious to guarded, or whatever, without giving specific details. The dad is probably the one person we shouldn't listen to as far as condition. He could be allowed to get up and walk with assistance, and dad could tell us he had orders to stay in bed. I think the dad has every intention to milk this for all he can.

I don't trust the dad either. Gut feeling. Not taking any responsibility for NOT getting his son help before this happened I hope the victim's family can sue for damages etc...

I don't trust the dad either. Gut feeling. Not taking any responsibility for NOT getting his son help before this happened I hope the victim's family can sue for damages etc...
I would definitely see this case as being one in which a civil case could be filed and won.

I guess , on this angle about dad, I dont think its posturing regarding insanity stuff.

People that lunch on faces, I would think have some neurotranmitters firing incorrectly!

IMO, it their decpetions , in terms of public perceptions are not helping Austin. A 21 year old single mom would "catch" that when there child is telling them about superpowers, that something is not OK.

Maybe AH always talked like this and they just ignored him? It's very odd neither thought to call a doctor for a psych eval.

[FONT=&]

“Austin is a good kid. People always make mistakes in college and have fun,” the anonymous friend said. “Whatever happened isn't Austin. He isn't himself now.”

I did not see the above quote ...I only saw and posted this "he started to “play with some things he shouldn’t have.”

But, When you put them both together .....................

So that would imply that others knew - which helps account for their silence

That seems telling.

Could doing steroids being considered "fun"?

[/FONT]
[FONT=&]http://www.ibtimes.com/zombie-killi...rouff-isnt-himself-friend-says-2403241Police: Flor

O/T:
[/FONT]I am a visual person pictures help me!!

[FONT=&]The 19-year-old Florida teen who attacked two people in a rampage linked to bath salt drugs was released from the hospital Tuesday, police said.
[/FONT]
http://onlinenews8.com/tag/austin-harrouff

[FONT=&]Amazing what a night of Frakka and jail can do to someone- certainly does not look like orginal pic![/FONT][

faceoff31n-2-web.jpg

[FONT=&]He told a local TV reporter he was “dearly sorry” as deputies walked him into Martin County jail for booking.[/FONT]
[FONT=&]“I do have regrets. I regret ever taking the drugs that I was on. I regret breaking into that house, and I regret hurting those people,” Gallo said,

Video of him here

http://www.wflx.com/story/32890338/...nt-drug-fueled-burglary-says-hes-dearly-sorry

[/FONT]
37B1ADC500000578-3763470-image-a-1_1472511453755.jpg
[FONT=&]
[/FONT]

faceoff31n-1-web.jpg

11592574_G.jpg

Kinda gives one insight into the drug -- he is slim in terms of his power. How does one hurl themselves a window --- I see not a scratch ??

Not making excuses - maybe this age group really has no clue what this junk does? I just dont get the sense this generation , generlaly speaking, is watching much news (Pokeman! Yes) so maybe they have no clue??

He does seem authentic in apolgy (eyes) IMO

damn, he looked like a cute kid. wth does this drug do to people?

Oh snap.

He is a handsome looking kid with a temporary drug-insanity plea.

He will probably be home by Thanksgiving time with a ankle bracelet.

Jmo. Lol

Oh snap.

He is a handsome looking kid with a temporary drug-insanity plea.

He will probably be home by Thanksgiving time with a ankle bracelet.

Jmo. Lol

If someone drugged this kid against his will I really feel for him.
But not sure I want him on the street either! Jumping through a window and attacking people is still a serious crime.

He was supposed to be out of the hospital today, from what I understand. I hope this experience has opened his eyes to the side effects of drug use. If he isn't a user, just an experimenter, maybe it has scared him enough to stay away from the junk! Let's hope, anyway!

P.S. I think I might need to clarify this post. I was understanding you were talking about Nico. I was!

I don't understand the victim blaming either. Only a criminal would blame the victim.
I agree. I think the problem with situations like that is that people start over analyzing the situation, developing empathy for the attacker, shifting accountability and making out the victims to be savages for beating him with a bat...because after all, he's just a harmless kid that has a slight drug problem.

The family handled it appropriately. They acted in a way to defend themselves inside their home and should be commended. Public bickering does not more than further endanger our right to defend ourselves at home.

I agree. I think the problem with situations like that is that people start over analyzing the situation, developing empathy for the attacker, shifting accountability and making out the victims to be savages for beating him with a bat...because after all, he's just a harmless kid that has a slight drug problem.

The family handled it appropriately. They acted in a way to defend themselves inside their home and should be commended. Public bickering does not more than further endanger our right to defend ourselves at home.

I agree. I feel for the kid if he was dosed w/o his knowledge but you cannot blame this woman for defending herself. She had no idea what he was capable of doing.

Here's some fresh details that are off a search warrant:
The search warrant indicates that sheriff&#8217;s investigators searched for clothing and personal effects belonging to Harrouff, along with weapons including, but not limited to, a corkscrew and pair of scissors with a blue handle.

An inventory shows that investigators found, among other items, a corkscrew, a sock with blood, a blue liquid from an ice tea bottle, sneakers, a red hat, and one 1.75-liter bottle of Dewars scotch.
http://webcache.googleusercontent.c...homicide-hom/nsPr3/+&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us
Blue liquid in an ice tea bottle? If that's where he put anti-freeze, that sounds like he did this sometime earlier (maybe he wanted the cooking oil as a chaser) or that he entered there garage and then Mishcon came out rather than one or both of them being in the garage from the beginning.

I agree. I feel for the kid if he was dosed w/o his knowledge but you cannot blame this woman for defending herself. She had no idea what he was capable of doing.

There has been no suggestions anyone was dosed without their knowledge.

Here's some fresh details that are off a search warrant:

http://webcache.googleusercontent.c...homicide-hom/nsPr3/+&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us
Blue liquid in an ice tea bottle? If that's where he put anti-freeze, that sounds like he did this sometime earlier (maybe he wanted the cooking oil as a chaser) or that he entered there garage and then Mishcon came out rather than one or both of them being in the garage from the beginning.
I'm assuming this article is in today's paper?

There has been no suggestions anyone was dosed without their knowledge.
And I feel pretty confident we won't hear anything like that! I doubt anybody is going to come forward with that confession if it did indeed happen. Remember the book "Go Ask Alice", written in the 70's? That is exactly what happened that ultimately lead to her death. To this day, I don't believe the truth has ever come out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member