FL - Michelle Mishcon, 53, & John Stevens, 59, murdered, Tequesta, 15 Aug 2016 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Checking around FL has very permissive knife laws, which include switchblades being legal (though he might have had it in his pocket, which would make the concealed carry illegal unless he had a gun permit, which he sounds like he might have, so him carrying around a switchblade in his pocket could have been perfectly legal):
http://weaponlaws.wikidot.com/us-switchblade-laws

Checking around FL has very permissive knife laws, which include switchblades being legal (though he might have had it in his pocket, which would make the concealed carry illegal unless he had a gun permit, which he sounds like he might have, so him carrying around a switchblade in his pocket could have been perfectly legal):
http://weaponlaws.wikidot.com/us-switchblade-laws

Age limit for a concealed carry permit in Florida is 21, so he can't have had a permit.

What book? Is it post apocalyptic?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I'm curious too!

The book is called CITY OF THE LOST. I'm close to the end of the book now and there's only been hints that there's cannibals in the woods. There were a few scenes with body parts found. I'd rate this good, but not a must-read. Usually, I check out book reviews first. I go through a lot of fiction novels by putting them on hold online with my library and then picking them up when they send me an email. Sometimes a bunch all come in at one time. I have a Kindle, but I still like paper books better.

http://www.kelleyarmstrong.com/book/city-of-the-lost/

I read a non-fiction some time ago that someone on here might be interested in. It's about JFK's sister, Rosemary, who was born with damage from a lack of oxygen and developmentally delayed. She was probably the most attractive and a charming girl. The father eventually arranges for a "new" procedure, a lobotomy. "The brutal surgery left her permanently disabled and unable to care for herself." Shows how the stigma of her mental deficiency affected all the members of the powerful family. It's a real story and sad.

Rosemary: The Hidden Kennedy Daughter,’ by Kate Clifford Larson
http://www.nytimes.com/2015/10/11/b...dy-daughter-by-kate-clifford-larson.html?_r=0

CARIIS---I tend to agree with your opinion about Dr. Phil. He is from the DFW area, where I used to live, and studied psychology with a friend of mine. My friend, said that he and other colleagues thought Phil was more of an entertainer, and not much of a therapist. Having said that, I do watch his show on occasion.

IMHO

My husband likes to watch his show, for whatever crazy reason I have yet to understand. I was in New Hampshire at the airport waiting to fly to Tulsa in '04. Some big trial was coming up and a reporter was asking random people (we were watching this on TV)who they would want sitting on their jury. The choices were doc Phil, Oprah, or another celebrity I can't remember. Most everybody were choosing Oprah. One guy said Oprah, because he thought doc Phil was a "pompous *ss"! I think everybody in the airport laughed!

:giggle: I often have the tv on at that time of day, and half watch his shows while doing something else. IMO, he is a tv show, not a real therapist. I was looking for the words to describe Dr. Phil and "pompous @ss" fits perfect.

Still want to hear what WH the father has to say on Dr. Phil's show on Wednesday, September 7th.

I read a non-fiction some time ago that someone on here might be interested in. It's about JFK's sister, Rosemary, who was born with damage from a lack of oxygen and developmentally delayed. She was probably the most attractive and a charming girl. The father eventually arranges for a "new" procedure, a lobotomy. "The brutal surgery left her permanently disabled and unable to care for herself." Shows how the stigma of her mental deficiency affected all the members of the powerful family. It's a real story and sad.

Rosemary: The Hidden Kennedy Daughter,’ by Kate Clifford Larson
http://www.nytimes.com/2015/10/11/b...dy-daughter-by-kate-clifford-larson.html?_r=0

It's definitely a fascinating read. Therse another new non-fiction book out about a mans lobotomy to cure his epilepsy, which of course didn't work and had severe side effects. It's called Patient H.M. and is by Luke Dittrich.

It's definitely a fascinating read. Therse another new non-fiction book out about a mans lobotomy to cure his epilepsy, which of course didn't work and had severe side effects. It's called Patient H.M. and is by Luke Dittrich.

Pomdering a football concusion?

tumor

NOt not mental illiness but contributary

:giggle: I often have the tv on at that time of day, and half watch his shows while doing something else. IMO, he is a tv show, not a real therapist. I was looking for the words to describe Dr. Phil and "pompous @ss" fits perfect.

Still want to hear what WH the father has to say on Dr. Phil's show on Wednesday, September 7th.

clinically he has hurt so many -- little oprah found him - he is jsut replusive to me ....hey watch (!) the interview will be a joke............. we know more than the interview will ever reveal ...moo

waiting to air for 14 days--- thats a lawyer mooo

manipulating

Age limit for a concealed carry permit in Florida is 21, so he can't have had a permit.

^ Good catch, Jax49. TYVM, more info below confirming (FL st law website).

"790.06 License to carry concealed weapon or firearm.—(1) The Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services is authorized to issue licenses to carry concealed weapons or concealed firearms to persons qualified as provided in this section...."
"(2) The Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services shall issue a license if the applicant:..
(b) Is 21 years of age or older...." sbm

http://flsenate.gov/Laws/Statutes/2014/790.06

Slightly off topic - As in this case with AH, it astounds me how much pain can be withstood when a person is not in their right mind for whatever reason.

:shocked2: Here's another example that I hope you don't mind that I share.

Not sure I ever heard of someone like the woman in this article able to commit suicide by stabbing herself 42 times before she died. She killed her niece and another woman first, then herself. She had been delusional and suicidal since her brother died of cancer. She was named as trustee of her brother’s trust. She believed her brother’s friends blamed her for his death, and that she might face lawsuits and financial ruin.

Her husband tried twice to have her committed to a mental hospital, and once she stayed at the hospital overnight.

http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/news/2016/sep/01/rancho-murder-suicide-autopsy/

http://www.tcpalm.com/news/crime/ma...kscrew-knife-3b65e26f-efe3-214-391954751.html

A switchblade knife found in a pool of blood in the driveway fit the description of a knife given to Harrouff about a week before the attack

I missed that the knife was given to AH just a week before. Do we know WHO gave it to him? I'm also still wondering it if it was legal.

Oh, you can bet I'm curious who gave him that knife a week before. He may not have used it in the attacks, but I think it's the one found there. I hope the father mentions who gave him the knife in his interview with DrP next week. AH was acting and talking strange for a couple of weeks and arguing a lot with his Dad... so whose bright idea was it to give him a knife?

Oh, you can bet I'm curious who gave him that knife a week before. He may not have used it in the attacks, but I think it's the one found there. I hope the father mentions who gave him the knife in his interview with DrP next week. AH was acting and talking strange for a couple of weeks and arguing a lot with his Dad... so whose bright idea was it to give him a knife?

Pfft! Dentist :liar: hain't gonna say nothing to implicate his precious cannibalistic eating son on National Television. :sick:

Seriously though, I think he is only going to be allowed to say what his lawyers will allow him to say, by reviewing the taping of Dr. DA Phil! :boohoo:

O/T I had a dental appointment for my teeth to be cleaned today, guess what I kept thinking about? :thinking:

jmo :moo:

In regards to Rudy Eugene, as mentioned before, he did have marijuana in his system but I doubt one could say that the drug caused this attack.

It seems to be more or less a mystery but there's definitely got to be some mental health issues there as well as prior substance abuse possibly.

With AH, I wouldn't be surprised if it's the same deal...severe untreated mental issues with some prior drug use thrown in. I don't necessarily think it's always gotta be the drugs to blame, although a lot of the time it is.

Actually, for some very unlucky individuals, cannabis can induce psychosis: http://www.npr.org/sections/health-...tic-symptoms-for-some-but-do-the-effects-last

And, when I was young, around 16 or so, I smoked weed for a few months, and then also had some sort of meltdown after smoking with my friends as I had done so many times before... I obviously didn't hurt anyone or myself but, it was probably the worst experience I've ever had. I saw demons and was screaming for help and kept running up and down the stairs of the house I was in. I lost all sense of myself and literally lost all 5 senses: I couldn't see, hear anything but myself screaming, touch, everything was gone and I was in a nightmare. And I promised God that if it wore off I would never smoke weed again -- and I kept my promise. I cannot even begin to explain the horror of what I saw and felt, and none of my "friends" helped me. I begged them to call 911, to call my mom, to take me to the hospital, but they didn't do anything... It's fine, I guess, they were young too and probably scared but, I'm thankful I learned my lesson and never did any type of drug after that experience... Clearly, I'm one of the unlucky ones that marijuana severely negatively affects my brain.

I never developed any long lasting effects, I had some disassociation for awhile, but nothing bad and eventually got over it. What I'm saying is that weed can induce psychosis and it's awful.

Actually, for some very unlucky individuals, cannabis can induce psychosis: http://www.npr.org/sections/health-...tic-symptoms-for-some-but-do-the-effects-last

And, when I was young, around 16 or so, I smoked weed for a few months, and then also had some sort of meltdown after smoking with my friends as I had done so many times before... I obviously didn't hurt anyone or myself but, it was probably the worst experience I've ever had. I saw demons and was screaming for help and kept running up and down the stairs of the house I was in. I lost all sense of myself and literally lost all 5 senses: I couldn't see, hear anything but myself screaming, touch, everything was gone and I was in a nightmare. And I promised God that if it wore off I would never smoke weed again -- and I kept my promise. I cannot even begin to explain the horror of what I saw and felt, and none of my "friends" helped me. I begged them to call 911, to call my mom, to take me to the hospital, but they didn't do anything... It's fine, I guess, they were young too and probably scared but, I'm thankful I learned my lesson and never did any type of drug after that experience... Clearly, I'm one of the unlucky ones that marijuana severely negatively affects my brain.

I never developed any long lasting effects, I had some disassociation for awhile, but nothing bad and eventually got over it. What I'm saying is that weed can induce psychosis and it's awful.

Hi slanda! :)

Not asking your age, by no means, but do you think the weed was laced with something?

I remember being around that age, pot was popular, I wasn't one to smoke it, Thank God, however, I did witness a friend of mine smoke some and she became delirious, and the person that gave it to her told her it was laced with something, and not to smoke a lot however, you never listen at 15 or 16. I said I would never EVER do drugs!
That was so scary, I had to tell her mom the situation. :(

Not asking your age, by no means, but do you think the weed was laced with something?

I remember being around that age, pot was popular, I wasn't one to smoke it, Thank God, however, I did witness a friend of mine smoke some and she became delirious, and the person that gave it to her told her it was laced with something, and not to smoke a lot however, you never listen at 15 or 16. I said I would never EVER do drugs!

Same happened with me at 14. Went to the 2 boys who gave me the weed and told them I felt like I was gonna die. The said to me, and I will NEVER forget......"didn't you know, we are dead!" Omfg!! [emoji33]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Miami man was a diagnosed schizophrenic (linked earlier) Are they gonna be able to pull that the tox results are a privacy breach? They kept Whitneys daughter under wraps for half a year. She was blasted guys, on heavy stuff - they found methadone (used for heroin withdrawal).

[FONT=&amp]A superior court judge .... [/FONT]granted a motion to unseal[FONT=&amp] the autopsy .

[/FONT]
Family has resources, and from behavior the last several weeks I am wondering if he comes back clean, which sets the spotloght firmly on unaddressed blossoming of severe mental illiness they may want that quiet.

What would a reason for a "court" to get involved and seal it in Austins case - but I think it maybe "family" request thing - notions??

http://www.masslive.com/entertainment/index.ssf/2016/03/autopsy_report_many_of_same_dr.html

Back on topic...which one? I'm still shocked to find out someone else gave him that switchblade a week before the attacks.

Switchblades are an odd choice of a gift for a teen if he has to have a permit to carry it in his pocket. Oh, it'd be such a tidbit to hear if one of his parents gave it to him. AH, according to his parents, was talking strangely in the last two weeks, saying he was going to protect people, and his father alluded to his son possibly feeling suicidal. Hey, why not give him a switchblade! Just wondering if it was a birthday gift.

I'm going to go look at pics of switchblades to see what they look like now days.

I wonder if it was laced with opium? I had a nasty experience with that (a really long time ago).

I wonder if it was laced with opium? I had a nasty experience with that (a really long time ago).

I was lucky - never had a bad experince!! Even tripping! Decades ago also!!

The worst actually, would have been "want to die" hangovers!!!!!!!!!!!

Got up-to-date on switchblade styles.

I didn't realize they sell all styles of switchblades now. Some have thicker handles, and some are a pocket knife style of switchblades. There's also the slimmer, longer blade switchblade with a pretty purple handle.

https://www.myswitchblade.com/19-american-switchblades

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member