Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Clarification:

I believe Cheew showed clerk pix of RSO Hall, NOT Greenstreet's traffic stop person. Clerk referred to Hall's pix when saying she recognized him.

haven't heard back regarding anyone who might have brought traffic stop person's pix to clerk.

Correct she showed clerk a pic of Hall.

I only meant the info the clerk gave regarding a man who lived out of his van matched the info Greenstreet provided about Lyons.

I wish that the Sheriff would continue his daily briefings just to keep focus on the case.

It seemed to work really well in the Sandra Cantu case... (the coverage, I am sure, had to do with Huckaby unraveling)...

thank you for saying this... it is so true (bbm)!

Once the dna comes back is when the fun and swabbing begins if they do find the profile of the perp... the dna results, when they come back, will most likely be the START of deeper investigation and trying to find a link and just because there is no match immediately does not mean there will not be a match down the road as they investigate deeper/get samples from more persons on the radar..

Thanks nmk!

Don't know if I started this mentioning the DNA, so let me clarify- I downloaded the plea deals from Clay County & Duval County, and WLK, GV, HS, and a few other of the RSOs who were convicted in Clay County were required to submit DNA, blood samples, and finger prints to the Clay County Sheriff as a condition of their probation. So just for these guys, if there is DNA evidence, LE should have DNA to test against. They also will have fingerprints to test against any evidence from the scene.

I'm limited to 1000 characters in siggy (including code to for links). Hope edits work.

Don't know if I started this mentioning the DNA, so let me clarify- I downloaded the plea deals from Clay County & Duval County, and WLK, GV, HS, and a few other of the RSOs who were convicted in Clay County were required to submit DNA, blood samples, and finger prints to the Clay County Sheriff as a condition of their probation. So just for these guys, if there is DNA evidence, LE should have DNA to test against. They also will have fingerprints to test against any evidence from the scene.
thank you for this info... I thought I read every post but you know how that goes LOL... Glad to know that some of the rso's have their profiles available for comparison...

Strange that they issue this the day Somers body was found and they had CWG already 2 days before! Was it a whoops and they didn't check up on him at the time and let him go? Then he fled to TX and is supposedly there since 10/23? Unbelievable!!!! Is this why they're saying it was a mistake on the police report because they made a whoops? How could it be a mistake, he would have had to show ID!

I am guessing the officer just took ID from people maybe some statements, however didn't check on each person until later. ITA can't possibly see it being a mistake on the report. Well we know he fled the area very quickly. I wonder if he re-registered from Texas & if he was questioned by LE before leaving? Wondering if he lives outside of that 5 mile radius?
Do you or anyone know how many miles he last lived from this location?

I can't find the mention now, but maybe someone else recalls.

Last night I thought someone discovered that a family member (not living in the household) was an RSO.

Did we ever follow-up on that or was it in error and we cleared it up?

good morning all, so disapppointed to see no breaks or arrests...urgh
im losing confidence that the police have any ideas who did this

Especially when there's no credible evidence they're related to the crime. I think it's important to chase leads, no matter how unlikely and I commend our fellow posters for that, but especially for MFL...I haven't read anything that made me go "Ooh, this could be it!" Routine stops are common during cases like this, especially in the early aftermath) and as much as I think astro has its place--I'd NEVER post a full name based on astro charts. Like you said, you could derail this guy from getting his life together/getting a job, etc.

Suspicion is good and our only weapon in cases like these, but there's absolutely no reason to post a full name unless an arrest is made, IMO.

I was also wondering about naming people who have been to AA meetings, I thought the basic tennant of AA was being anonymous and not "outing" other people who have been there. May be a mute (moot?) point if the public records are saying he was court ordered to attend AA, but it still was bothering me.

I was also wondering about naming people who have been to AA meetings, I thought the basic tennant of AA was being anonymous and not "outing" other people who have been there. May be a mute point if the public records are saying he was court ordered to attend AA, but it still was bothering me.

Not to be disrespectful to anyone, but if someone in AA is responsible for Somer's abduction and murder, I would hope that someone would shout his name from the rooftops.

thank you for this info... I thought I read every post but you know how that goes LOL... Glad to know that some of the rso's have their profiles available for comparison...

No, no problem! Sorry if that came out harsh, and wasn't directed at you at all. I don't think I was clear a bunch of threads back when I found the court records, I could have sent everyone on a wild goose chase.

Also, CWG didn't have his initial arrest in FL, so I don't know if FL would take his DNA on a "failing to register" claim. AND I have been assuming the SOs actually submit the DNA, and the state actually preserves it. Big IFs! :)

Now back to playing lawyer :(, I hope there's some resolution when I get back tonight!

No, no problem! Sorry if that came out harsh, and wasn't directed at you at all. I don't think I was clear a bunch of threads back when I found the court records, I could have sent everyone on a wild goose chase.

Also, CWG didn't have his initial arrest in FL, so I don't know if FL would take his DNA on a "failing to register" claim. AND I have been assuming the SOs actually submit the DNA, and the state actually preserves it. Big IFs! :)

Now back to playing lawyer :(, I hope there's some resolution when I get back tonight!

Was CWG's offense in FL?

Question: If a RSO commits an act and has to register. Then commits 2 or 3 acts that qualify him/her to register are all of the acts and dates of acts listed on the registry? Would we be able to tell from the registry alone, how many times this person has commited a sexual offense, and been convicted, and required to register??

No it wasn't you. It was the dozens of posts in which people say that "obviously it wasn't a sex offender, DNA would have told us that by now."

I wasn't aiming it at you, I'm sorry if you thought so. I understood what you meant.
CODIS and state databases are great, but they are far from perfect or complete.

LE said they want information from specific individuals that they may not feel like is revelant, can it be that D, S, or one of the siblings is not telling something because they don't feel like its important when it can be for LE?
What else do we know about Kuhn? Where does he live? What was S doing before the kids got home without Somer? No alibi?

I think LE is very aware of whatever is going on with CWG.......

I sorry but I had to giggle on this post :square:

Just to think I wouldn't know that. It not LE that I question...... it the websites that I question.

I am sure that LE know what going on with
CWG....... In fact I sure they know way more than we do. I have no doubt about that.

My point with this is...

I think that sex offenders sites need to be update to be consistent.

that my beef......and he was on the police report and one article said it was a mistake and he been clear.....but still showing a active warrant on one site.

so what is it??? is he still running around Florida? he is in Texas??
does he have a warrant or not.

I was also wondering about naming people who have been to AA meetings, I thought the basic tennant of AA was being anonymous and not "outing" other people who have been there. May be a mute (moot?) point if the public records are saying he was court ordered to attend AA, but it still was bothering me.
Just say the guy who was pulled over in the van near the house.Maybe leave out AA?He probably does need to be looked at.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bwitzke