FL - Somer Thompson, 7, Orange Park, 19 Oct 2009 #28

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What do we know about the 4 guys that where on the report with the wrong address? I saw some where still held without bail

http://www.amberalert.gov/newsroom/pressreleases/ojp_05_1130.htm

FT. MYERS, Fla. - The Department of Justice's Office of Justice Programs (OJP) today announced an initiative to train regional Child Abduction Response Teams (CART) nationwide to respond quickly to incidents of missing and abducted children.

The CART program began earlier this year as a result of the abduction of 11-year-old Carlie Brucia in Sarasota, Fla. in February 2004 that ended in tragedy. Members of FDLE's Orlando Regional Operations Center determined a need for their region to have trained experts in the field of child abduction investigation and response who could respond to an abduction immediately, assist the lead local law enforcement agency and bring addition regional resources to the recovery effort. OJP has modified Florida's local CART model so it can be adopted by regions nationwide. To date, OJP has conducted four regional CART training sessions in Florida. CART has been activated 13 times and as a result of those activations, 11 children have been recovered in Florida.

More on CART.

I'd just bookmark these but I'm on a different computer and want access to them when I'm back on my laptop.

AER is redflagged for me big time, hes in jail atm, but hes the one that has all those trespassing charges..

He's the homeless person? What are the trespassing charges for, I wonder?

Was he casing places to rob, to peep, or was he sleeping there? Is there a way to find out?

This is on page 39/69 of this document. I have not read through it ... just found and scanned and posted this.

Link broke when I posted it before

h t t p
w w w
write into action dot com
Child Abduction Response Team.pdf

The link keeps breaking when I post it here even when I "hide" it. Remove spaces in first three lines and use a period instead of d-o-t, add a slash and leave the spaces in the PDF file name.

FIRST RESPONDER
MISSING CHILD "TOP 20" INITIAL RESPONSE TASKS

1. Verify jurisdiction based on where child was last seen.

2. Interview person who made initial missing child report.

3. Obtain detailed description of missing child/clothes/abductor/vehicle bicycle.

4. Relay B.O.L.O. (be on the look out) information for broadcast on all channels to local law enforcement agencies.

5. Search residence, yard, surrounding areas to determine whether child is in fact missing.

6. Have responding units search surrounding areas as they arrive.

7. Request K-9 assistance (preferably bloodhound).

8. Request as needed helicopter, boat, and divers.

9. Interview persons that saw child last.

10. Evaluate contents and appearance of child’s room and home.

11. Look with caretaker to see if personal items are missing.

12. Decide if evidence best supports treatment as runaway or custodial taking, predatory abduction.

13. Utilize media resources to your advantage (television, radio, etc.).

14. Secure as crime scene if not clearly runaway or custodial taking.

15. Preserve child’s bedding, used clothes, shoes, for K-9 and evidence.

16. Protect hairbrush, diary, items with child’s fingerprints, computer/disks, and footprints.

17. Have classification entered in NCIC/FCIC.

18. Notify F.D.L.E. Missing Children Information Clearinghouse.

19. Obtain names, addresses, and telephone numbers of child’s friends, relatives, school, and doctors.

20. Notify local FBI Office if abduction may be predatory and FBI CASKU.

I see that some of my links in siggy are not working. I have to run out and will be back later to fix.

Map, Bag and Clay Daily ....

One more question today.. after they found the body the sheriff said they were leaving the OPAA area and to move the stuff to Blanding .. does anyone know where on blanding ?

Sad I have been meaning to ask u did sam also get a lock of Somers hair ?

Its weird for you to ask that when we just got off the phone and we discussed that very thing. My heart breaks for him so badly. He cant discuss what happened to somer without breaking down. He didnt get a lock of hair.
:(

1. I tried to find what kind of soil is in Orange Park. All I came up with was the quote from a lawn service.

"Soil type is another factor to consider when making decisions concerning lawn care. The predominant soil type in the Jacksonville area is alkaline, sandy soil that is largely devoid of plant nutrients"

From this I make the judgment that what ever they were digging for at the Gano house went deep into the soil. A liquid would go quite quickly. I still don't get why they need digging equipment, however.

Where I live, it is solid clay. Sandy soil seems like it would be so easy to dig by hand and safer in order to preserve evidence.

I wonder if they dug up things such as Concrete footings, or patio or?

Otherwise, digging equipment doesn't make much sense. Even I can dig sandy soil by hand.

2. Where I live, if you see "exempt" on a license plate it means that the vehicle belongs to a public agency. City ,county, that kind of thing.

But I don't what the "exempt " would mean on the report for the RSO. I don't know if it is referring to the license plate or some other issue.

3. I suppose there is no way for anyone to see what they were digging in the Gano house, is there? A casual drive by wouldn't do it? With binoculars, standing on the roof of the builiding at the OPAA? (JK)

One more question today.. after they found the body the sheriff said they were leaving the OPAA area and to move the stuff to Blanding .. does anyone know where on blanding ?

When you said stuff did you mean evidence garbage? thx

human, I have no clue what they were digging up but it must have been something like a weapon or? Was it a back hoe? Maybe "Cam" can help us out on this.

Its weird for you to ask that when we just got off the phone and we discussed that very thing. My heart breaks for him so badly. He cant discuss what happened to somer without breaking down. He didnt get a lock of hair.
:(

I'm sending you a PM. I don't think ST will ever get over this because of what he didn't do when Somer was found. Not viewing her body was a big mistake for his grieving process.

AFAIK, the body of a small child was found around 3:30 p.m. on Wednesday. Sheriff notified Diena on Wednesday at 9 p.m. that it was Somer. This was based on the birthmark and the clothing of the victim.

ETA
Watched the video from Thursday a.m. He said "last night about 9 detectives unconvered the body ..." JMO but I think this means until then, they had seen only legs and were examining trash as they got to body. Once they uncovered her, they were able to ID the clothing and the bookmark and reported to the Sheriff that based on that, it was Somer. Later, dental records confirmed that.

I don't think the Sheriff was saying that the body was found at 9, just that at that point they identified her as Somer. JMO

I know that ST found out about the birthmark and clothing between 3:30 and 4:30. I dont know what time LH got the call from the sheriff to say she was officially identified, but it had to be later that night or really early thurs morn. I always assumed it was probably around 9, like the call to DT was.

Thats also why it never really struck me as odd that the sheriff called DT at 9, because I think he had already told her it was somer based on birthmark and the call was just a formality to confirm it. I think she asked him to call as soon as he knew for sure and he did.

Hi all, I have been following these threads off and on, and my heart goes out to each and every member of Somer's family suffering from the loss of such a beautiful child.

Someone on one of these Somer blogs had previously mentioned a theory (ONLY A THEORY, nothing factual) that perhaps someone accidentally hit Somer while she was running across a street, knocking her unconscious, and instead of doing the right thing, hurriedly put her body in their trunk and left the scene.

The theory goes on to present the idea that when she woke up, the driver heartlessly killed her and buried her in a dumpster. I can see this type of thing happening, or maybe Somer could have been stuck by a vehicle and killed instantly, the driver panicking and disposing of the body as soon as they felt they wouldn't be seen.

Are either of the above theories even a possibility? That she was injured or killed accidentally in some way by a selfish, heartless stranger who cared more about keeping themselves out of trouble than saving a young child?

As morbid as it sounds, I much prefer that her short life ended swiftly and without as little suffering as possible. The thought of the alternative is just horrifying. Are either of the above scenarios even a possibility, or have the authorities discovered evidence to confirm the contrary?

I know much hasn't been released, but comments made by John Walsh (America's Most Wanted) about thinking the killer is a "cool, calculating predator" make me wonder if they've definitely been able to rule this out completely or if pre-meditated, intentional abduction and murder is what's suspected, but not for absolute certain.

Older article that has the source of John Walsh's comment below:

http://www.momlogic.com/2009/10/somer_thompsons_killer_may_have_struck_before.php

I'm sending you a PM. I don't think ST will ever get over this because of what he didn't do when Somer was found. Not viewing her body was a big mistake for his grieving process.

What if a person is in an unviewable state? I certainly wouldn't want the last time I saw deceased loved one to leave a horrible memory.

I don't think I would be able to actually believe that my child was gone if I didn't see inside for myself.(I honestly pray that I will never have to face that either.) I know I would be in denial.

What if a person is in an unviewable state? I certainly wouldn't want the last time I saw deceased loved one to leave a horrible memory.

Yes indeed, I think this was the case. The trash compacter aspect alone would be too much.

I was just thinking this why is the COD such a secret? When you think about all the dreadful cases of children being murdered they always seem to disclose some details. For example most recent Shaniya . So....I am trying to figure out what would be the reason. We do not know if she was sexually assaulted, whether she was found fully clothed, partial etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mel18