FL - Somer Thompson, 7, Orange Park, 19 Oct 2009 #33

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
For the record, in a case being discussed on this board, the daughter of the murder victim said [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4490178&postcount=284"]she was not allowed to see her dad's body[/ame] (he'd been in water for a couple of days, Texas, mid-May). She said she begged but they would not let her.

So it does happen. I don't know whether the daughter is a suspect. At the point where I have read, LE had not named suspects but felt there was more than one perp in order to move Joe's body.

ETA: Fixed typo and I don't know who "they" were who would not let her see her dad's body. (LE or funeral home or other family member or all of those)

These three? Or did you mean to view the comments? comments aren't opening for me but I'll leave it running.

(as of Friday, 10/23)

Somer’s mother joined friends and supporters once again Friday night outside her home for a candlelight vigil, as she has done each night since her daughter disappeared.

This time, however, Diena Thompson had news to share.

“We are not going to be able to see Somer,” she said. “They’re going to give me a lock of her hair, but I’m not going to be able to see her.”

These three? Or did you mean to view the comments? comments aren't opening for me but I'll leave it running.

(as of Friday, 10/23)

Somer’s mother joined friends and supporters once again Friday night outside her home for a candlelight vigil, as she has done each night since her daughter disappeared.

“We are not going to be able to see Somer,” she said. “They’re going to give me a lock of her hair, but I’m not going to be able to see her.”

Has anyone wondered if it's possible they dug up Haleigh's body in the back yard of Gano? Haleigh went missing in February IIRC, and if you count back 6 months from the time Somer went missing, that might be when the fire was.

Whenever I don't quote ... someone sneaks something in ahead of me!

Re: Finding Haleigh's body at Gano

If they did, wouldn't they have said? I mean why continue to torment her family?

Detectives on the hunt for Somer Thompson decided to watch dump trucks leaving Orange Park, Florida and heading to a Georgia landfill. Detectives watch as the trash was dumped out - and that's when the Somer Thompson body was found.

Had the detectives not watched the trash, it is unlikely that the Somer Thompson body would never be found. Although the outcome isn't one that is desired, Somer Thompson's family can still have closure.

(because articles disappear and we may wonder what those paragraphs said)

I have never seen this before. Sheriff really praises DT in this article. Says she has the stuff to become a real child advocate. This article also mentions by name two deputies who were also involved in the investigation and discovery of Somer:

http://www.claytoday.biz/content/1636_1.php

(as of Friday, 10/23)

Yes, correct, what you quoted. I did not mean to read the comments.

Whenever I don't quote ... someone sneaks something in ahead of me!

Re: Finding Haleigh's body at Gano

If they did, wouldn't they have said? I mean why continue to torment her family?

Sorry if I snuck in. I am just copying, pasting and posting and then going back to look again. I am done for tonight.

FYI I spent an hour looking for that video of DT saying that she wasn't going to be able to see Somer but would get a lock of her hair. There are lots of news articles, but no videos. There is a disclaimer at the bottom of the search engine(s) saying that some contents had been removed. There were two I pulled up that had the headers of the news stations but content was blank.

From what I can tell, this was the vigil on December 23 (police have over 1,000 tips) and I looked for videos, but all I got was articles. I tried.

FYI I spent an hour looking for that video of DT saying that she wasn't going to be able to see Somer but would get a lock of her hair. There are lots of news articles, but no videos. There is a disclaimer at the bottom of the search engine(s) saying that some contents had been removed. There were two I pulled up that had the headers of the news stations but content was blank.

From what I can tell, this was the vigil on December 23 (police have over 1,000 tips) and I looked for videos, but all I got was articles. I tried.

Thank me, Thank me. LOL
[ame="http://s296.photobucket.com/albums/mm166/crankycrankerson/Somer%20Thompson/?action=view&current=030.flv"]Somer Thompson :: 10/23/09 vigil video by crankycrankerson - Photobucket[/ame]

maybe she did have a special "friend" that had been grooming her for a while. Maybe when she left M thats where she went like she had done before. If she was upset her "friend" probably had treats all ready for her all her fave things. This day he went to far she threatened to tell and he raped her then killed her. Waited until later and put her in a trash bag, and then to a dumpster. If it was right before trash day he would not have been noticied because he fits in so well in this neighborhood and seems to be a nice guy, boy next door type. IDK. Maybe when M said she would ask her where she goes she had seen her take off before. If thats the case she probably haden't stayed at his house for very long before due to the fact he didn't want her missed by anyone maybe only 30 mins or so but this day the unthinkable happened and he could no longer control himself, I wonder if LE tested any of her other clothes @ home (dirty ones) for any hairs like dog or cat hair or fibers she could have picked up at his house another day and maybe could compare to anything they found on her body. I truley think it is some one in that neighbor hood that seems like your normal Joe that had planned this for a while.I have always thought someone with out a car and that is why she was in a dumpster close to home.
It occurs to me that when one has found a missing child, there are many emotions that come to the fore. BUT-I wonder how many times someone has ever called and said, "How long was he/she there?"
Find 'em at a friend's house after several calls, find out they've been over at a neighbor's, but he/she was found, and that's the main thing-we know now that it's NOT the main thing. The main thing may be yeah, she's here, I'll make sure she gets home. But had she been with her special 'friend' for 2 hours and here for 10 minutes?
So where was Somer before she was found? That's the question. Parents knew that Somer did this-so if mom and/or dad were home, wouldn't they encourage (read:"instruct") Somer to call home?
And if they didn't, shame on them. On the other hand, I bet no one EVER made a timeline.

I agree Doggies. I dont think anyone really took notice of where she was and when, exactly. I can hear MC over and over

"I'll ask her tomorrow where she goes."

maybe she did have a special "friend" that had been grooming her for a while. Maybe when she left M thats where she went like she had done before. If she was upset her "friend" probably had treats all ready for her all her fave things. This day he went to far she threatened to tell and he raped her then killed her. Waited until later and put her in a trash bag, and then to a dumpster. If it was right before trash day he would not have been noticied because he fits in so well in this neighborhood and seems to be a nice guy, boy next door type. IDK. Maybe when M said she would ask her where she goes she had seen her take off before. If thats the case she probably haden't stayed at his house for very long before due to the fact he didn't want her missed by anyone maybe only 30 mins or so but this day the unthinkable happened and he could no longer control himself, I wonder if LE tested any of her other clothes @ home (dirty ones) for any hairs like dog or cat hair or fibers she could have picked up at his house another day and maybe could compare to anything they found on her body. I truley think it is some one in that neighbor hood that seems like your normal Joe that had planned this for a while.I have always thought someone with out a car and that is why she was in a dumpster close to home.

I think you could be right on.. maybe he didnt rape her, maybe he just advanced and she fought and he killed her and dumped her. Then I think why didnt the dogs track her there then. Her scent would have led them and it had to be someone she knew in a car or the hounds would have found her.
I flip and I flop without COD.

What a great news story. I like how First Coast News tells the viewer that LE spokesperson says "we don't want to let the person or persons know anything about what we know "( referring to COD), as their lead-in to where it is revealed that DT is not going to be allowed to view the body!!

They know too. They, of course, do as one would expect try to put a different spin on what it means. oh it must mean that she wouldn't want that as her last image. But, as was gone over in earlier posts. Protecting DT's sensibilities is not the purview of LE. This would have been for a funeral director to discuss under NORMAL circumstances. But, this is a murder investigation. For the person who wondered who "they" are that wouldn't let her. The answer is LE.

My hubby said that the landfill has a map where things are to be dumped (where our garbage used to go before it went to another state).

He is not in the garbage business. He said if you lost something in the garbage, they would know exactly where to look for it. Each driver has their designated spot to dump.

So finally for those of you that have said that she was NOT in the landfill; you have your vindication.

I am amazed at the sleuthers that figured that out!

As far as figuring out how she was killed, the sheriff would not know until the ME report came back. Even if someone is obviously dead, they cannot be declared dead until the official person arrives and says it is so.

Even if something appears obvious to the sheriff, he cannot say it. A person may look like they were shot, but in fact they died of poison.

Yes, this is what I really meant...there may have been obvious clues (bruising, ligature marks, etc.) which could reveal to dets. her "manner" of death (that it appeared she was strangled, for example) but the actual COD would have to be discerned through autopsy. Or, "it looks like she was strangled," (detective) vs. "cause of death was asphyxiation" (ME). And that even if detectives had a strong suspicion based on obvious signs, they would not give an official COD because it is the ME's job following official autopsy.

Finally, even after ME and autopsy, they have chosen all along not to reveal any details, evidentiary or specific to the body.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandrz717