FL - Somer Thompson, 7, Orange Park, 19 Oct 2009 #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a long shot, because it's a boy. But the circumstances are close. 9 years old, dark haired, takes off on his own because he's upset, never seen again.
http://charleyproject.org/cases/c/cadenas_marco.html

Yet again, another boy, but this one is another that left from school upset, never seen again.
http://charleyproject.org/cases/d/degner_mark.html

Related to case immediately above.
http://charleyproject.org/cases/h/hayes_bryan.html

8 years old, close on vitals, walked to a store 1200 feet from her home and never came back.
http://charleyproject.org/cases/l/luna_marjorie.html

7 years old, on the way home from school a mile away. 3 pm a block from home. Long dark hair...I think this one is too close for comfort, although they do have a chief suspect.
http://charleyproject.org/cases/m/marteliz_jennifer.html

I'll add more as I find them. I haven't even gotten near unsolved murders yet.

All I did was go to bed for about 8 hours. Now I have pages upon pages to read before I get caught up again.
I swear, I'm just going to stop sleeping altogether!

Please, just tell me... has anyone been arrested, yet? Any big news?
Thank you in advance!

I was just looking at different things and found this.This was in 2008?I thought this was interesting.

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/crimestoppers/news-article.aspx?storyid=119690&catid=69#

It's very common for these types of things to be misunderstandings.

Several years ago there was a similar event in my area. An email got circulated around about a particular car on a particular street that had everyone up in arms.

It was like that old game of telephone. Someone told someone who told someone else that the guy approached children from his car.

Turns out, he regularly waited in his car in front of a wooded area across the street from his friend's house while waiting for his friend so that they could drive to work together. It was near a bus stop. All the guy did was say hi to a passing kid that was looking at him through his open window.

The story got so blown out of proportion that the school superintendent put a story of a child approached by a stranger in a specific car on a specific street on the district website!

I kid you not.

Now, of course, I believe these stories get checked through LE before they are posted.

IMO it does not mean THAT!

the MPR was filed a short time after she disappeared....

they didn't find her body until wednesday...

Wait, I could be totally wrong and off base here. But could this be she got into a physical altercation at school and that is why this is referenced? Sorry, I might just be lost on this one.

Yeah me too, I just read that. Those are a lot of my attributes - does this make me an indigo :crazy: WEIRD!!!

I don't know my hink meter is not going off about him. He may be laying low because shoot, he was in charge when Somer went missing and feels guilty??? I could be wrong but that is just my gut!!

YES you could be, point is anyone can claim to be an indigo....

Can you kindly direct us to one of these interviews that show SP on film??
TIA

THe best I can tell you is it's back in the threads.
I thought someone had gotten a screenshot of him from video and done a side by side. I didn't pay it much attention, except for the names.
He isn't a viable suspect, IMO, so I tend to skip over the discussions on SP.

If I was thinking of someone else, let me know.
Otherwise, I'll look for link when I'm done with missing kids. I sidetrack easily.

Wait, I could be totally wrong and off base here. But could this be she got into a physical altercation at school and that is why this is referenced? Sorry, I might just be lost on this one.

You are always telling people here they are genius but you know it does take one to know one....

brilliant deduction dear watson!

never thought of that but OF COURSE it seems to make good sense.

BSU suggests we are looking in the wrong direction.

So you could go in the extreme opposite direction and take a closer look at LE.

How many police officers just have a hunch to follow garbage trucks?

Are there any disgruntled officers who were recently passed up for a promotion?

Lot's of what if's...

Maz

:cow:

Well, if BSU suggests that the majority of us are looking in the wrong direction entirely, might I suggest a teenager as an alternative to LE?

RSOKuhn.jpg

RSOKuhnmap.jpg

Bringing this to the front. Here is WLK map that Momma did for us.

Have we confirmed that the man in the video is indeed Kuhn?

He is similar in appearance. But I don't think we know for sure that it is him.

In fact, I think he looks a lot less like him than missing girl NYC looked like Kara.

THe best I can tell you is it's back in the threads.
I thought someone had gotten a screenshot of him from video and done a side by side. I didn't pay it much attention, except for the names.
He isn't a viable suspect, IMO, so I tend to skip over the discussions on SP.

If I was thinking of someone else, let me know.
Otherwise, I'll look for link when I'm done with missing kids. I sidetrack easily.

Your correct someone did but IMO the dude in the video is not sp

I think a few of us concluded the guy being centered out is/was actually a family member, his features are very similiar to DT - this guy was standing with her parents and huggy DT's mom....white eagle on black t-shirt is NOT SP!

Mistivon

Did you see Kuhn next to reporter on news???
ODD.........likes attention........it seems.
Why would he be any where NEAR this case???
I'd like to sleuth him more........like does he have a girlfriend?
Where is he living?
Where does he work etc........

I've kinda been sleuthing him ever since I saw that he has the same last name as of one of Diena's friends on her myspace. Interestingly enough...I believe the woman that was listed at his address may have passed away one week before Somer went missing. When I googled her name...the first hit was the Clay Today obits. And in the obit is says..."her beloved, William".

I can't tell if that is him next to the reporter....but if it is....that would be really creepy.

Well, if BSU suggests that the majority of us are looking in the wrong direction entirely, might I suggest a teenager as an alternative to LE?
Why not? I used LE strictly as an example of the opposite direction most people are looking at. To me, opposite of SO's, RSO's and criminals in general would be LE.

I meant nothing else by my post.

MOO

Maz

I finally saw the 2nd pic of SP - the one with the hat and sunglasses.

Just noticed he is wearing the same shirt in both photos - wonder when they were taken?

I think the photo from the Indigo sight is a distorted close up - but helpful to show his hairline.

I think the guy in the photo next to the reporter looks a bit like Kuhn - but not exactly. I don't think it's him. He's still worth looking at though.

We certainly have not sluethed Somer's dad. Seems unlikey given what we know. I did wonder why LE told him not to come there early on. Anyone hear anything more about the reason for that?

Am I the only one believing LE when they say that a local SO is not involved?

I just "feel" it is someone else. I think I'll go do something unrelated and see how I feel when I come back.

I have thought that it might be a teenager or young adult for a while.

The throwing her in the trash, in my opinion, is a childish act. It's something a child does when they are about to get caught with something they aren't supposed to have.
If it were a side of the road body dump, maybe, I would believe older.
I have reworked this very rudimentary profile of the guy around and I still get 17-28 for an age range. I don't think he was involved in cases 20 years ago, but it can't hurt to look and I did find one very similar in MO.
Of course, this is only me and I have no formal training, so don't let me blow smoke up anyone's rear.

I don't know if anyone has posted this yet, but here is an article about past child abductions and killings in Jacksonville:

http://jacksonville.com/news/metro/2009-10-25/story/is_it_a_different_world_for_our_kids

I see the Maddie Clifton case, but she was killed by a 14-year-old neighbor (interesting how the coincidences between cases stack up!).

This is totally O/T, but an interesting read from the killer's mom's perspective: http://www.angelfire.com/fl4/fci/joshphillips.html

Has the 14 year old neighbor been recently released? I haven't read the article yet :(

Salem

Ever think of this:

here is a link showing the apartments on Grove overlooking the fence onto Debarry Ave - a perp could easily look over this fence and see kids walking to and from school. What is so eerie about this, is just a few hops down the street is that little girl who resembles somer walking home from school.

I really think what Shutter posted originally could very well be a possibility. There are so many ave's of things that could have happend to poor Somer if she took this short cut. And SO MANY people would have had an opportunity.

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&s...=5Vr5AcZT2vqUOxOspj79Iw&cbp=12,102.74,,0,8.51

Someone posted earlier that they suspected it meant what Somer could have used to defend herself - those would have been her only known weapons.
On the police report, where it says:

"Weapons/Tools- Hands, Feet, Teeth" ... perhaps that means that she was beaten, kicked, and that the killer bit her. Reminds me of Ted Bundy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member