FLDS compound in Texas Court proceedings ONLY please!!!!!

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
http://www.star-telegram.com/804/story/589922.html

SAN ANGELO, Texas -- Girls in the west Texas polygamous sect enter into underage marriages without resistance because they are ruthlessly indoctrinated from birth to believe disobedience will lead to their damnation, experts for the state testified Friday at a custody hearing for 416 youngsters.

The renegade Mormon sect's belief system "is abusive. The culture is very authoritarian," said Dr. Bruce Perry, a psychiatrist and an authority on children in cults.

http://abcnews.go.com/TheLaw/story?id=4680903&page=1

Perry said he interviewed three underage girls from the sect, and they told him they had a choice in whether they got married. He said, however, "It doesn't feel to me like it's a true choice."

Children raised in such an authoritarian atmosphere, Perry said, have the "independent thinking capability of a much younger child."

He said a 15-year-old from a sect would have the critical thinking of a 6-year-old. "So much of what they do out there is wonderful. But there is a part of what they do that is very destructive," Perry testified. He said he wished the sect's leaders wouldn't teach their children to be so fearful of the outside world.

http://abcnews.go.com/TheLaw/story?id=4680903&page=1

Perry said he interviewed three underage girls from the sect, and they told him they had a choice in whether they got married. He said, however, "It doesn't feel to me like it's a true choice."

Children raised in such an authoritarian atmosphere, Perry said, have the "independent thinking capability of a much younger child."

He said a 15-year-old from a sect would have the critical thinking of a 6-year-old. "So much of what they do out there is wonderful. But there is a part of what they do that is very destructive," Perry testified. He said he wished the sect's leaders wouldn't teach their children to be so fearful of the outside world.

I think the judge is gonna split the difference and send the little ones under 5 back. Would be a HUGE mistake IMO

I was nervous after listening to Jeff Toobin today- he seemed to be backing the FLDS rights and I thought YIKES! I know that there are journalists very involved in this, as well as the interested public and church members who have defected, but really, I think that history shows us that when all the noise dies down, we tend to let it drop unless it is affecting our own children and our own lives everyday and it tends to fade from the public conciousness- and if oversights by our own govt (Utah/AZ)begin to come out there will be cover-ups.

B/c we are a country and society that is so media driven, I am so afraid that It will end up being sidelined by other issues and ppl will say- yeah it sux, but it is not affecting me daily, sooooo...

JMO of course!

Nancy Grace show:

The Judge summarized all of the testimony and we could hear a ruling as early as today. She's just taken a recess. This is the Judge's exact quote "This is the hardest, toughest decision a judge has to make any day."

Someone called in and asked a good question. They asked whether someone on the state level issued the permits to build a compound like this.

"The girls are small in the pelvis to be delivering children, and many might require c sections and I doubt they are doing them at the compound."

I think the judge is gonna split the difference and send the little ones under 5 back. Would be a HUGE mistake IMO
I think she'll keep them all until proof of parenthood of those children can be ascertained. The women staying with the under 5 can stay with their children but if they wish to leave they can, but they won't come back.

Nancy Grace Show: Guest Host
I understand that dna tests have been done on the children before they had lawyers.

Guest: I don't think that will be a problem, since this is in the best intersts of the child.

They're waiting to hear what the Judge's determination, how she words it, whether this is all of the children.

Desision has been made. judge has heard sufficient evidence to keep them in state

The host just got word that there will be paternity testing for the children!

Former FLDS member Holm says that they need to place the children in homes that are caucasion, because they have been taught to be racist and will not do well and will react if placed in homes that are not caucasion.

I agree with this NG talking head about normal foster homes-

Boy- if I were nearby I would take some kids (after MAJOR training in how to handle this)

Molly, I thought yesterday that the state admitted that they had already taken DNA samples from the children, without discussing with their attorneys. However, it's all useless UNLESS they can get the parents to submit DNA to compare it against.

I bet we'll find out a lot of the kids don't have parents in "Zion".

All 416 kids to stay in state custody !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Parents to receive DNA tests

per CNN

I agree with this NG talking head about normal foster homes-

Boy- if I were nearby I would take some kids (after MAJOR training in how to handle this)

I think the law abiding Mormons should step up and help educate and apply to be licenced for foster care...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauraj333
Back