FLDS compound in Texas Court proceedings ONLY please!!!!!

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Well I hope that includes the uni-brow lady. As quiet and secretive as everyone is, that is one lady that won't shut up.

Omg, does that unibrow bother you as much as it does to me? It's all I see when she talks. It's very distracting.

I can't stand it! I want to pull out tweezers and start plucking! :banghead:

Okay guys, I was having lunch with co workers today and I said "how shallow can I be?? I look at this woman giving an interview and I do not hear a word she says, I cannot stop focusing on her unibrow!" :eek:

I sometimes just read here and because I usually agree or see everything I would say already stated, I just read. I just had to jump in here. Sorry could not help myself.

Larry King and Anderson Cooper both showed the mothers. Where are the fathers? Has someone interviewed them?

I don't know about anyone else, but I wonder what's going on in that compound right now. I am very concerned for these women.

Just listening to AC and someone was saying that some of these women have said they will do anything to get their children back - even if they have to leave the compound.

They're probably just saying anything but now that the Judge has made this order today....I just don't know.

Larry King and Anderson Cooper both showed the mothers. Where are the fathers? Has someone interviewed them?
I bet they are packing their bags to get out of town. DNA is really a scary thing to these child molesters.

GRETA VAN SUSTERN SHOW:

They're trying to get mainstream Mormon families that might have an understanding of their culture a bit better. There is a population of Mormons in the panhandle. They might open their homes to mothers as well as to children.

Kris Guiterrez: One thing that struck me, three of the mothers took the stand, Marilyn Jeffs took the stand, I'm willing to sign papers that state she won't marry until 18, I will leave the ranch if I can have my daughter. When she was asked about her sisters and her sister's children, how old were they, and she had to pause.
There were more than 20 girls that have children or are pregnant. There is a 13 year old who had a child.

GRETA: Does the defense intend to go to federal court and get an injunction against the state?
Rod Parker Lawyer for FLDS: we'll do something, we don't know what yet but we will do something. It's shocking. The allegation of abuse it's that they're being indoctrinated into their parents religion. You have pregnant teenagers in every high school in America. There aren't 20 girls presently, that was a document of 20 girls over a ten year period of time and not in Texas. The 13 year old was based on an oral statement 10 years ago and we don't know if they corroborated it.

My understanding is that there are 5 minors who are pregnant or have children among the group. I don't have any information as to who the father's were. The fathers were 19 or 20 and they were only a couple years older than them and they were monogamous and it's not child abuse for a 19 year old and a 16 year old to get together.

Patrick O'Fiel: I have not got a chance to talk to second client. His first client is a boy. Neither one of them have been named in the lawsuit or in the petition. We have to notify the parents that have not been served we have to serve them of the pending custody suit and find out who their parents are. There is some discrepancy about who their fathers are. We don't know if that's biological or spiritual father.

No I'm not a member of FLDS, it is pro bono. There is some discussion about writs and filing things in federal courts, some attornies and I are going to get together and decide what to do. There is hearing monday and testing on Tuesday so we have to move fast.

http://ac360.blogs.cnn.com/2008/04/18/dispatch-from-the-flds-hearing-a-mothers-story/#more-717

Cross examination. Merlyn Jeffs testifies:

-She has not witnessed any marriages at YFZ ranch since she has been there in 2004.

-She has a sister who’s been married since 2004, she’s 19 now.

-Can’t be exact on how old her sister’s baby is… estimates 2 years old.

-Has another sister who she believes is 18, remembers congratulating her when she got married. -Sister was married more than 1 year ago, her daughter is walking.

-Is not familiar with any of the marriages of any other women on the ranch.

-Was unaware of the legal age to marry

There are just so many contradictions in her testimony, I don't even know where to begin.

http://ac360.blogs.cnn.com/2008/04/18/dispatch-from-the-flds-hearing-a-mothers-story/#more-717
She says she'll do anything, sign papers agreeing not to have her daughter marry until 18, leave the ranch and work etc.. and then this: "she will have her child wait to be married, if the prophet says her daughter was able to marry, at 15." So she's basically saying that Jeffs calls the shots and says when they can marry.

Then she says she didn't know the legal age to marry.

Trino, all I've seen is one man who was briefly asked questions as he walked into court. I've read about one other man who said he was a potato farmer and didn't know about all this, just wanted his kids back. Other than that, the "Bishop" Merrill Jessop is no where to be found, neither are any of the other men in the hierarchy. From photos posted I've seen some men, but none of them were the older ones.

She has one sister that married at 15 years old and another that she's being very evasive about ... she "believes" is 18 and has been married "over a year" and the baby is "walking". That's pretty dodgey. Her sister may be 17 and married for three years, with a two year old baby.

Thanks Golfmom and Molly, I bet the testimony was pretty transparent to the judge.

Biggirl, Colorado City and Hildale emptied out pretty fast after Jeffs was caught. It wouldn't be a stretch to think that the Texas compound empties out now too. Obviously moving to another state didn't help them. I'm thinking Mexico since Canada is now watching their group there now.

Thanks Golfmom and Molly, I bet the testimony was pretty transparent to the judge.

Biggirl, Colorado City and Hildale emptied out pretty fast after Jeffs was caught. It wouldn't be a stretch to think that the Texas compound empties out now too. Obviously moving to another state didn't help them. I'm thinking Mexico since Canada is now watching their group there now.

Yeah, we haven't even really delved into what's being going on in Canada. They've certainly had their own issues with this group.

ANDERSON COOPER: He asked her about the way the women spoke because he and others had noticed they all sounded the same.

Carolyn Jessop: they pattern their posture and their voices after Warren Jeffs.

Anderson: the mothers sleep in the room with the kids.

Jessop: I had my own bedroom, it was the private place I had, every place else we shared.
The children had their own bedrooms. That would cause mental health issues when you don't have any space you can call yours.

Different from when I was there. We were allowed to put personal expression and design into where we lived, although limited, and depending on finances, but this place was devoid of that, it was like an institution. No feminine touches that we used to have in the home.

Yeah, we haven't even really delved into what's being going on in Canada. They've certainly had their own issues with this group.
They've been exchanging children with the sect in Canada and I'm sure there are children who are U.S. citizens who are currently up there. Although that's going to be a mess untangling that as well.

The LDS church issued a strong statement today for the media to quit using the term Mormon when referring the polygamist sects. I wonder what they will say to W. John Walsh regarding what he said today? The church rightly or wrongly has not been shy about going after their own scholars. Most of which had turned into renegades. BTW, I think he's a confused idiot. Comparing them to Baptists and Catholics? Sheesh.

http://www.cnn.com/2008/CRIME/04/18/polygamy.custody/index.html

Religious scholar John Walsh also addressed a particularly damning piece of evidence: At least one bed found inside a temple that was allegedly used to consummate such marriages immediately after the ceremony.
"Historically, the only use of a bed in a temple is for temple worship itself," said Walsh, who said he has studied the FLDS practices for 18 years. "The worship lasts a couple of hours, so all the temples will have a place where someone can lie down."
But, he said, "To my knowledge, there has never been any sexual activity in a Mormon temple."
Walsh said he also studies the mainstream Mormon church, which renounced polygamy a century ago and has no ties to the FLDS. He said without the polygamy aspect, the FLDS would resemble the Baptist or Catholic religions.

The LDS church issued a strong statement today for the media to quit using the term Mormon when referring the polygamist sects. I wonder what they will say to W. John Walsh regarding what he said today? The church rightly or wrongly has not been shy about going after their own scholars. Most of which had turned into renegades. BTW, I think he's a confused idiot. Comparing them to Baptists and Catholics? Sheesh.
SNIP."[/B] [/B]
Oh yeah, I can see people of those faiths talking like warren jeffs and wearing pastels cause one man said so. Uh huh. :chicken: How fast do you think they'll drop the proverbial brick on him?

I bet he's never been in an FLDS temple and wasn't privy to what goes on in it.

Some lady is saying on Nancy Grace that the kids have been taught to be very racist and shouldn't be in any non caucasian foster homes. Good luck with that! Even if new foster parents apply, they still have to be trained and get certified unless some rules are bent for this case. I've seen some really nice black ladies at the doctor's office and they would be good for the kids whether they're taught to fear other races or not. At least they would be safe. If they live in and stay in Texas they're going to be with many Hispanic kids, because they will have to go to public school and will possibly have other races of kids in the same foster home.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela
Back