FLDS compound in Texas Court proceedings ONLY please!!!!!

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Linda7NJ: I think the reason the girls outnumber the boys is because the boys are often expelled in this community (Lost Boys) and/or they are sent to do construction around the country at very young ages, in teams. These people break a lot of child labor laws in this regard and the work environment for young males can be very dangerous but people hire their crews because they are cheap. I also think many of the boys were not brought to Eldorado but remained in AZ/UT because only the select, inner circle of Jeffs and company was invited. They don't need the competetion from a bunch of young men. While I have heard reports of boys disappearing or dying in mysterious, unreported accidents among the FLDS, I don't think that has happened on a large scale in this community and it may not have happened at all in Eldorado if that's what you may be thinking. I could be wrong, though.

gitana1, the judges that rule against the women in court were more than likely FLDS themselves. The divorce and child custody proceedings were for the most part handled in Hildale, Utah and Colorado City, Az.

I'm not sure how polygamy in the afterlife would work out for LDS members as they can only be sealed to one person at a time. The issue of who's going to end up with who in heaven...1st wife, 2nd wife, blended families, etc is a debate that goes on in other religions, not just LDS.
I read recently that LDS members are sealed to their spouse, and if there is a divorce, the man remains sealed to the wife and to any further spouse that he marries in the afterlife. The wife however, does not. She can only be sealed to the current spouse.

I suspect the women we've seen on news and in court were handpicked to be out there saying exactly what they were told to say.

Linda-
You are right. If they are so 'concerned' about their own kids, they will submit to testing, but I'll bet that most will refuse and deflect their refusal to do so as an expression of their constitutional rights. They will now hide behind the constitution that they so readily abuse and flaunt, and show that their desire to perpetuate their 'beliefs' are more important than the actual welfare of their children!

I bet a lot of the men refuse the DNA testing. If one of those men is 40-years-old and is the father of a baby that belongs to a 14-year-old mother, they're going to refuse the DNA testing because it would be followed by rape charges.

Linda7NJ: I think the reason the girls outnumber the boys is because the boys are often expelled in this community (Lost Boys) and/or they are sent to do construction around the country at very young ages, in teams. These people break a lot of child labor laws in this regard and the work environment for young males can be very dangerous but people hire their crews because they are cheap. I also think many of the boys were not brought to Eldorado but remained in AZ/UT because only the select, inner circle of Jeffs and company was invited. They don't need the competetion from a bunch of young men. While I have heard reports of boys disappearing or dying in mysterious, unreported accidents among the FLDS, I don't think that has happened on a large scale in this community and it may not have happened at all in Eldorado if that's what you may be thinking. I could be wrong, though.
Absolutely. Jeffs ordered the people he wanted in that compound to go to Texas and the rest remained behind. There's probably a lot of girls and boys who were split from their families during that move.

I bet a lot of the men refuse the DNA testing. If one of those men is 40-years-old and is the father of a baby that belongs to a 14-year-old mother, they're going to refuse the DNA testing because it would be followed by rape charges.
More than just rape charges. Some of them could end up on incest charges, just like their prophet. Bigamy charges and who knows what else could be in the wings.

Eden Texas is an hour away from San Angelo. Maybe they are gonna get them out of San Angelo??

All of the posters on the last few pages have been so knowledgeable. It has been fascinating reading here the last few days. THANK YOU WS for always telling it like it is.:clap:

I read recently that LDS members are sealed to their spouse, and if there is a divorce, the man remains sealed to the wife and to any further spouse that he marries in the afterlife. The wife however, does not. She can only be sealed to the current spouse.

I suspect the women we've seen on news and in court were handpicked to be out there saying exactly what they were told to say.

My understanding is that only applies in the event that a spouse has died and a widower/remarries and is sealed to the current spouse. That's still the same confusion many religions have about who ends up with who in the afterlife.

I don't understand your comment of having handpicked women regarding what I posted.

ETA: I also know both men and women who have been unsealed from their marriages during divorce.

My understanding is that only applies in the event that a spouse has died and a widower/remarries and is sealed to the current spouse. That's still the same confusion many religions have about who ends up with who in the afterlife.

I don't understand your comment of having handpicked women regarding what I posted.

ETA: I also know both men and women who have been unsealed from their marriages during divorce.
I bow to your knowledge. It was in an article I read.

The comment about the women in the courtroom/new being handpicked was just an observation on my part. :)

The judge thanks all members of the bar for their work and cooperation. She announces her decision that
the children should not return to the ranch. She says this is the beginning.

Hearings will begin June 5, but they will not be en mass. The court orders maternity and paternity
testing for each child. On Monday, a mobile lab at the fairgrounds will test the DNA of all the children
and mothers there.

Parents are entitled to an attorney, whether or not they can afford it, she notes.

I bow to your knowledge. It was in an article I read.

The comment about the women in the courtroom/new being handpicked was just an observation on my part. :)

Ah thanks, I thought I missed something! lol.

I don't think this topic has been addressed. Since many women remain with the men at the compound, what's to keep them from getting pregnant? Has no one thought this may be in the "works" by FLDS?

http://www.gosanangelo.com/news/2008/apr/18/live-from-the-courthouse-day-2-of-updates-from/

New updates

5:04 p.m. — The female clients are declining to testify.
Did you read Lucille and Lori's testimony?

One attorney steps forward and says she represents a child with Lori’s son’s name, but she says Lori is not the mother she interviewed. Lori says her husband does not have any other wives that she knows of, and she didn’t know of any abuse happening in her family."Who owns your home?" the prosecution asks. "I don’t know," she answers Lori went to college and was an EMT.

An attorney says she tried to identify Lucille’s son, Wendell, but could not find a matching name. Lucille says she did not provide identification to CPS right away. But she says she did allow CPS to photograph Wendell and do a physical examination of him

I don't think this topic has been addressed. Since many women remain with the men at the compound, what's to keep them from getting pregnant? Has no one thought this may be in the "works" by FLDS?
They might even have new assigned wives by now who are remaining in the other locations. Some of the women looked as if they were past childbearing age, but the others looked able.

They might even have new assigned wives by now who are remaining in the other locations. Some of the women looked as if they were past childbearing age, but the others looked able.

and these children will probably be taken away to..

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela
Back