Forensic reports in

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would only add one consideration to your excellent and well laid out post. When you say "indistinguishable from Casey's as to the hair sample, I would clarify you make that statement based on the mtdna result. As it was considered VISUALLY distinguishable from Casey's as to it's similarity to Caylee's by color and length as testifed by Det. Melich. Lastly, it is distinguishable based on the death band, as Casey is alive..

Yes, dear Blink! You are precisely correct :).

Yes, human decomp smell if not cleaned correctly will stay for a very long time -

Did the report say anything about household cleaning agents? Like when George was scrubbing the carpet in the trunk? I haven't read the full repot yet

I don't think so. They found high levels of chloroform and gasoline. But no mention of household cleaning products. And they made a point to say that the chloroform wasn't a biproduct of something, such as cleaning products.

Nah - this will be dragged through the courts - Casey will never admit this - I'm doubting there will be a plea - the defense will argue the results and try to get them thrown out because they, the defense, wasn't there at testing, they'll proclaim contamination

i think that once the defense sees all the other evidence that LE has

it will be a "OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH DAMN" moment

this case is gold for the prosection

But it was NOT theirs............interesting.

The shovel was recovered approximately a month after is was borrowed, I personally did not expect to see anything on the shovel as far as inculpatory evidence. For me, the borrowing of it coupled with the rest of the witness account that day meant more to me. Not buying the "Bamboo Binge"

The evidence is not as tight as I hoped though. Because of margins of errors related to these kinds of testing. Defense: Only 1 hair out of all the hairs found tested for decomp, what about the other hairs.
Also, a main chemical make up of decomp floridine (sp?) was not found in the air samples, cannot prove decomp. Can prove doubt by saying she may or maynot have hand enough of that chemical at age 3 since that theory isn't tested and has never been studied.

When I spoke to my cousin and he touched on this it became evident to me regarding the absence of this.

In toothpaste for children there is NO fluoride because in large quantities it can be very bad for them (adults too). So, if Caylee used children's toothpaste she would have access to fluoride from that. Her only fluoride would come from Tap water most likely. If she drank mostly milk, juice and bottled water no fluoride in those either.

I would conclude that fluoride would be very low in most children her age.

Now, with *my* children as comparison, My kids used non-fluorinated toothpaste for the first 3 years of life. They drank milk, juice diluted with tap water 50/50, and bottled water mostly while out. They mostly drank iced tap water at home before bed and in the summer at home while playing outside. If I made lemonade or something that they drank it was made with tap water, which is fluorinated. I would conclude the majority of children under 3 would not have much fluoride, certainly not enough to show up with this scenario.

In the report they talked of a shovel. Is this the shovel she borrowed from the neighbor or another shovel?

The shovel from the neighbor was returned within a few hours, and the hair on this shovel could be from the neighbors, right?

The people who say they saw KC walking into or out of the woods said she carried a shovel, is this the neighbors shovel or a different one?

The shovel was recovered approximately a month after is was borrowed, I personally did not expect to see anything on the shovel as far as inculpatory evidence. For me, the borrowing of it coupled with the rest of the witness account that day meant more to me. Not buying the "Bamboo Binge"

I've posted this before, and I'll post it again, I've never thought that the shovel she borrowed was a shovel *of interest,* so the fact that it doesn't show much is no surprise to me. I think any shovel that was used was disposed of previously...and thus the new, shiny shovel we saw way-back-when hanging in the A garage for a time...

The question it does NOT answer, so far, is when those attempts at cleaning were done. IE: was it done by KC and abandoned due to not working, and thus the potential kidnap scenario developed but the scent just got stronger, or by the gpa's when they picked up the car?

I can make an **advertiser censored**umption. When they were at the tow yard GA opened the car and the tow yard guy said, "That's rotten" and then GA got the trunk open (after finding the keys). The tow yard guy testified to seeing FLIES flying out of the trunk. CA said she saw "maggots" in the trunk. What were they feasting on and where is the object on which they were feasting? I think this precludes cleaning pre-tow yard.

Doesnt this also eliminate the pool theory?
No evidence of Chlorine, etc?

i think that once the defense sees all the other evidence that LE has

it will be a "OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH DAMN" moment

this case is gold for the prosection

True - for you and me but for the Anthony's??? Nahhhhh, Cindy and George - won't believe Caylee is deceased unless they see a body or parts of

And I don't think Casey will still confess or make a deal - it would make her look bad - and we all know that Casey doesn't like to look bad

With all the actions so far - I see this going to trial

If there was garbage in the trunk (pizza and papers in the plastic bag) and it now appears to be so clean, it kind of leads one to believe that the clean up occured AFTER the car was picked up from the Tow Yard...

I believe that the samples sent to the body farm DID NOT include the entire carpet from the back of that trunk...only samples. THere is lots more evidence to come from the trunk. These were hair band studies and air sample studies. That's how the description read to me, only samples.

In the report they talked of a shovel. Is this the shovel she borrowed from the neighbor or another shovel?

The shovel from the neighbor was returned within a few hours, and the hair on this shovel could be from the neighbors, right?

The people who say they saw KC walking into or out of the woods said she carried a shovel, is this the neighbors shovel or a different one?

I think she used another shovel, and borrowed the neighbors' shovel as an afterthought, to cover things up, so she could say "well, that's the only shovel I ever used during the time frame in question and, *see*, there's nothing incriminating on it!"

I guess this throws out the squirrel defense??? Even Kobe said that thiers a possibility of an animal dying in the car - but then we know how reliable Kobe has been

Yep, the squirrel saga's history, and it was such a good one, LOL:crazy:

LOL, I certainly do Garden, the funny thing is that word and it's context and spelling are one of my biggest pet peeves.. Thank you for calling me on it:crazy: Maybe it was a message to myself!! heh heh

I think it's always easier to misspell words you rarely use and moot certainly isn't one most of us use very often. :)

I think my personal favorite is piqued, which I've seen spelled here as peaked and peeked. But then most of us have a much larger spoken vocabulary than reading/writing and you don't always know how to spell something you've only used when speaking.

I was looking atthe report released today - does anyone know what they are referring to as "BlueStar" product?

Doesnt this also eliminate the pool theory?
No evidence of Chlorine, etc?

No, not necessarily. Death from drowning would mean chlorine was ingested, and it might not have made it into the decomp fluids.

I was hoping for more of 'bombshell' than this.

I would have liked more of a "bombshell" too.

But it's all pretty damning. I guess I didn't realize how scientific the body farm is. The 5 compounds in the air that point to decomp., the hair with the 'death ring'...those are firm pieces of physical evidence showing that caylee is dead.

Also, I didn't know about high levels of gasoline in the trunk...so this was new to me and a mini "bombshell", so to speak.

Also, I think there's a lot of info. that was left out. I still believe we only have the tip of the iceburg. And if this is just the "tip", I can't imagine what else they might have.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CATCHASE