France - Air France Plane from Rio to Paris Goes Missing Over Atlantic, 1 June 2009

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
http://www.thetimes.co.za/News/Article.aspx?id=1018090

A BURST of last-minute automatic messages sent by Air France Flight 447 included one about a problem with a rudder safety device, but that does not explain what sent the jet plunging into the Atlantic Ocean, an aviation expert said.

Meanwhile, the aircraft maker Airbus appealed for patience in speculating about the cause of the recent Atlantic plane disaster as Boeing came to the defence of its European rival’s A330 passenger jet.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5iOegnahAFcEgwJZ4WKGkVz9Dgq5wD98QN9R00

A Dutch ship towing a high-tech, U.S. Navy listening device was set to troll the Atlantic on Sunday in search of data and voice recorders that investigators say are key to determining what caused an Air France jet to crash in the Atlantic with 228 people on board.

The Navy device, called a Towed Pinger Locator, will try to detect emergency audio beacons, or pings, from Flight 447's black boxes, which could be lying thousands of feet (meters) below the ocean surface.

I don't believe this for an instant. There was bad weather, nothing more. What is it with you? Must you scare everyone from flying? Other articles have said there were no terrorist attacks. Why must you keep bringing it up?

I posted that several days ago. I didn't write the column. I posted the link from whence it came. I believe you are attacking the poster.

Don't bother to reply. You and Painter are on Ignore.

Hydrophones are underwater microphones, used before sonar. They can convert a sound signal to an electrical signal. I'm surprised they're still around - never thought they could be of use today.
Hydrophones are used all around the world; they are used to triangulate underwater noises, etc., etc.

Cut from a long article here:http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/World-News/Terror-Names-Linked-To-Doomed-Flight-AF-447-Two-Passengers-Shared-Names-Of-Radical-Muslims/Article/200906215300405?lpos=World_News_Carousel_Region_0&lid=ARTICLE_15300405_Terror_Names_Linked_To_Doomed_Flight_AF_447%3A_Two_Passengers_Shared_Names_Of_Radical_Muslims

"Soon after news of the fatal crash broke, agents working for the DGSE (Direction Générale de la Sécurité Extérieure), the French equivalent of MI6, were dispatched to Brazil.
It was there that they established that two names on the passenger list are also on highly-classified documents listing the names of radical Muslims considered a threat to the French Republic.
A source working for the French security services told Paris weekly L'Express that the link was "highly significant".
Agents are now trying to establish dates of birth for the two dead passengers, and family connections.
There is a possibility the name similarities are simply a "macabre coincidence", the source added, but the revelation is still being "taken very seriously".
France has received numerous threats from Islamic terrorist groups in recent months, especially since French troops were sent to fight in Afghanistan."

It will all be revealed in time. I don't care who blames the crash on the pilot, the weather or some Pitot tubes. The tubes and the weather are cover stories because there were other passenger jet flights the same night through the same storm which didn't crash.
There are also no crashes of the Airbus 330 attributable to Pitot tube malfunctions.

It is looking more and more like the reluctant French are slowly edging the world into the truth-There were known terrorists on board the flight, and the plane exploded in mid-air.

Sadly
Maria
(bold above by me)

I don't believe this for an instant. There was bad weather, nothing more. What is it with you? Must you scare everyone from flying? Other articles have said there were no terrorist attacks. Why must you keep bringing it up?

I posted that several days ago. I didn't write the column. I posted the link from whence it came. I believe you are attacking the poster.

I have to think that perhaps it wasn't the article you cited that was being responded to, but rather your comments after the excerpt you posted, which I have bolded above..

Especially the part when you said,
"...the truth-There were known terrorists on board the flight, and the plane exploded in mid-air."
That and also the fact that every single post you have made in this thread except for this last one has alleged or alluded to terrorism and/or a conspiracy to suppress evidence of such.

I can't speak for anyone else, but I'm willing to at least consider the possibility that no foul play was involved. A reasonable person might conclude from your posts that you are not.

This is to all who have posted derisive comments to me about a now 5 day old news report and one post based upon the report ( 5 days taking the time zone differences into consideration).

The probable causes are a lot clearer now that more bodies and airplane parts have been recovered: A catastrophic crash and mass casualties were caused by either pilot error, or instrument failure with possible pilot error coming into play after one instrument system failed. Or that weather was the sole cause. There is also the possibility that O2 cannisters may come into play as a contributing cause. I don't know, you don't know, the collective " they" don't know. No one knows.

So, let me state my current position clearly and without wavering:
Terrorism is extremely unlikely and improbable. It was not prudent for a government to release information that there were names of passengers on the doomed flight linked to a terrorist watch list. The lack of burns on the bodies rules out a bomb as I know a bomb aboard an airplane to function.

There is NO single good answer as to what caused 228 people to perish. Most likely, unless the two recorders are recovered, we will not know why the plane went down or why the pilots didn't communicate the flight's extreme distress.

I don't appreciate anyone using a post I made 4 days ago and which was based upon news reports that day against me as a biased commentary from fellow posters today to indicate either ridicule or disgust.
Over 225 people died. Nothing we speculate or quote from internationally available sources will change the disastrous outcome of the flight.

However, we must treat each other civilly in discussing this or any other matter. We are mandated to do so by the WS TOS. If anyone wants to bash me personally, then find another forum. There are plenty of hate forums around, but WS is not one of them and never will be.

MARIA

http://www.montereyherald.com/world/ci_12592874?nclick_check=1

A pilots' union official says Air France has replaced the air speed sensors on its entire fleet of Airbus A330 and A340 long-haul aircraft.
Investigators looking into the crash of Air France Flight 447 last month have so far focused on the possibility that external speed monitors—called Pitot tubes—iced over and gave false readings to the plane's computers.

http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/World-News/Air-France-Jet-Crash-Black-Box-Hunt-Navy-Device-A-Towed-Pinger-Locator-Used-In-Search/Article/200906315305891?lpos=World_News_First_Home_Article_Teaser_Region_2&lid=ARTICLE_15305891_Air_France_Jet_Crash_Black_Box_Hunt%3A_Navy_Device%2C_A_Towed_Pinger_Locator%2C_Used_In_Search

The recorders could be lying thousands of feet below the ocean surface.

Without them, it may be impossible to ever know what caused the crash several hundred miles off Brazil's north eastern coast.
1:31pm UK, Monday June 15, 2009

A high-tech US Navy listening device has been deployed to help search the Atlantic for the black boxes of a crashed Air France jet.

The tailfin of the Air France A330 jet unloaded in Brazil

The Towed Pinger Locator will try to detect emergency audio beacons, or pings, from Flight 447's flight recorders.

The Airbus A330 vanished over the Atlantic en route from Brazil to Paris on June 1, killing all 228 people on board in the worst aviation disaster in eight years.

The recorders could be lying thousands of feet below the ocean surface.

Without them, it may be impossible to ever know what caused the crash several hundred miles off Brazil's north eastern coast.

The locator device is capable of searching to a depth of 20,000ft (6,100 metres).

The first of two devices was towed in on Sunday by a Dutch ship contracted by France, said US Air Force Colonel Willie Berges, commander of the American forces supporting the search operation.

Col Berges said the locator device would start operating as soon as searchers were sure it would not interfere with a French nuclear submarine already searching for the black boxes.

Helicopter recovering jet debris

Another Dutch ship carrying a second listening device is scheduled to arrive no later than Monday morning, he said.

The ships will tow the locators in a grid pattern while 10-person teams watch for signals on computer screens.

The search area includes some of the deepest waters of the Atlantic - and in two more weeks the boxes' signals will begin to fade.

This is to all who have posted derisive comments to me about a now 5 day old news report and one post based upon the report ( 5 days taking the time zone differences into consideration).

The probable causes are a lot clearer now that more bodies and airplane parts have been recovered: A catastrophic crash and mass casualties were caused by either pilot error, or instrument failure with possible pilot error coming into play after one instrument system failed. Or that weather was the sole cause. There is also the possibility that O2 cannisters may come into play as a contributing cause. I don't know, you don't know, the collective " they" don't know. No one knows.

So, let me state my current position clearly and without wavering:
Terrorism is extremely unlikely and improbable. It was not prudent for a government to release information that there were names of passengers on the doomed flight linked to a terrorist watch list. The lack of burns on the bodies rules out a bomb as I know a bomb aboard an airplane to function.

There is NO single good answer as to what caused 228 people to perish. Most likely, unless the two recorders are recovered, we will not know why the plane went down or why the pilots didn't communicate the flight's extreme distress.

I don't appreciate anyone using a post I made 4 days ago and which was based upon news reports that day against me as a biased commentary from fellow posters today to indicate either ridicule or disgust.
Over 225 people died. Nothing we speculate or quote from internationally available sources will change the disastrous outcome of the flight.

However, we must treat each other civilly in discussing this or any other matter. We are mandated to do so by the WS TOS. If anyone wants to bash me personally, then find another forum. There are plenty of hate forums around, but WS is not one of them and never will be.

MARIA

SeekingJana, I wasn't attacking you, I was attacking the part of the post about the terrorists. I am sorry you took it the wrong way. Please accept my apologies.

We should be vigilant in light of 9-11 and the various threats made to air travel. I'm scared chitless to fly, but when I have to, I do.

I think we will find in this instance that parts malfunctioned and caused the airliner to go down. And as you pointed out, there is no good reason for these 228 people to have lost their lives. However, I hope we can learn from this crash to prevent another one like it from happening again.

Please accept my apologies. I meant no harm.

SeekingJana, you have the right to put me on ignore, if you want to. But I honestly have no idea why you would. I posted a link to a news article WITHOUT any comment. I never saw your post and certainly never attacked you.

Regardless, I hope you are having a good day. :)

http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2009/06/16/2600162.htm?section=business

Airbus officials on Tuesday defended their response to the recent crash of an Air France jet and insisted their planes were safe.

Airbus president Thomas Enders, addressing a press conference at the Paris Air Show, rejected a reporter's suggestion that the manufacturer had been "timid" and not sufficiently forthcoming with comment in the aftermath of the crash on June 1.

http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/World-News/Air-France-Flight-447-Airbus-330-May-Have-Sent-Error-Alerts-Says-Former-BA-Pilot/Article/200906315310185?lpos=World_News_Top_Stories_Header_2&lid=ARTICLE_15310185_Air_France_Flight_447%3A_Airbus_330_May_Have_Sent_Error_Alerts%2C_Says_Former_BA_Pilot_

Former Boeing 747 captain Alastair Rosenchein says the series of electronic fault alerts may have been sent as the Airbus 330 plummeted to earth.

He said: "Normally in an accident there are one or two things that go wrong, but it's unlikely you are going to get 24 things go wrong at once

http://www.impactpub.com.au/aircargo/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=3900&Itemid=60

The 50 bodies recovered from the Atlantic after the Air France 477 crash show no sign of burns or smoke damage and had no water in their lungs, and so did not drown, leading investigators to suggest the aircraft may have broken up suddenly at 35,000 feet and fallen into the sea.

Investigators say the bodies were unclothed, stripped by the force of the wind during their fall and that the two distinct ‘streams’ of bodies found over a 50-mile area is evidence that the plane broke into at least two pieces.

http://www.impactpub.com.au/aircargo/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=3900&Itemid=60

The 50 bodies recovered from the Atlantic after the Air France 477 crash show no sign of burns or smoke damage and had no water in their lungs, and so did not drown, leading investigators to suggest the aircraft may have broken up suddenly at 35,000 feet and fallen into the sea.

Investigators say the bodies were unclothed, stripped by the force of the wind during their fall and that the two distinct ‘streams’ of bodies found over a 50-mile area is evidence that the plane broke into at least two pieces.

I bet I'm going to have nightmares about this tonight, and I can only imagine what the bereaved families will feel. This seems a little graphic for the investigating team to release with the cause still unknown, IMO.
I hope those who perished never knew anything, but I fear they did know they were in dire distress.
This is the saddest post I've read since the initial crash confirmation. It's so horrible. To fall through the air with a violence that stripped clothing off. OMG. To have a loved one's body floating in the Atlantic, nude.. it makes me retch.

Thanks Paintr. You are a diligent poster on this tragedy. Sorry for the earlier misunderstanding. :)
Peace,
Maria

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jkaw