GUILTY GA - Chase Massner, 26, Kennesaw, 27 March 2014

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
CY79PjpWEAATyio.jpg

http://www.ajc.com/news/local/remai...-disappeared-kennesaw/CIwv4L6z8t8pREJ7U9vImL/

Saw this on crimeonline.com and came over to catch up. Surprised there isn't more history here (only 1 page?). Such a sad story but what a relief for his family. Anyone know if the friend, Brad, has been arrested? Or are they looking for him?

Saw this on crimeonline.com and came over to catch up. Surprised there isn't more history here (only 1 page?). Such a sad story but what a relief for his family. Anyone know if the friend, Brad, has been arrested? Or are they looking for him?

Holy crap. I have been following Chase's case from the start. There were previous threads. There was a lot of drama on SM with family/friends. More than the usual.

I can't believe remains have been found. And there!! Right there.

Sorry; but who lived at the house at the time? Someone it appears; buried him in the backyard. I don't know who is BFF is or was. I think it's him.

The remains found are human remains was reported locally this am

http://www.11alive.com/news/remains-found-in-northern-cobb-county/461097446 11:04 AM. EDT August 02, 2017 Article AND video

"They were found in the same location where 26-year-old veteran Chase Massner was last seen 3 years ago. It's also where Massner's friend used to live and the center of an exhaustive search back when the vet first disappeared in 2014."

Human remains found today buried in the backyard of person last known to see Chase. My heart goes out to Chase's family....

Remains have been discovered in the search for missing veteran Chase Massner in Kennesaw, Georgia, at the home of his friend Brad Clement, the last person to see Chase alive.

CBS 46 reports that police have confirmed a body was found in the backyard of Clement’s house, though they have not yet made a positive ID.

A CrimeOnline reporter on the scene at Clement’s home saw authorities removing a body in a tarp from the backyard. Cadaver dogs reportedly picked up on the scent of human remains about a month ago.

http://www.crimeonline.com/2017/08/...-in-search-for-missing-veteran-chase-massner/

It's amazing how they can hit years later.

It reminds me of the case here at WS on Mark Redwine, where the dogs hit on his car and areas in his home YEARS later.

This is also :bump: for someone who asked what the friends name was.

This story popped up on my FB feed last night. WHAT?! It took this long to find remains in the backyard? SMH

https://art19.com/shows/crime-stories-with-nancy-grace/embed?theme=light-blue&playlist_type=playlist&playlist_size=5#

podcast from yesterday on crime stories, and newest podcast Serius Channel 132 will be devoted today at Noon eastern.

You can hear portions of his interview with Nancy Grace March interview with Brad Clements with 90 minutes. Now, cold case folks say this is what led them to the getting the cadaver dogs.

This case is new to me.. so catching up on stuff and this podcast is a good one for catching up. :moo:

ETA: July 6th Nancy Grace podcast on this case Episode 8 on the case https://art19.com/shows/crime-stories-with-nancy-grace/embed?theme=light-blue&playlist_type=playlist&playlist_size=5#

June 26th Nance Grace podcast on this case Episode 7 "His wife speaks" https://art19.com/shows/crime-stories-with-nancy-grace/embed?theme=light-blue&playlist_type=playlist&playlist_size=5#

... more episodes on this case... these are most recent.

Listening to podcast with the wife on Nancy's podcast... the friend texted her from Chase's phone (he had taken it from the house while Chase was purportedly sleeping the the master bedroom) while he was going to the store when he was doing errands. (Publix for the cookout and Lowe's for .. he can't recall, this was right before the time of the fire in the backyard) She was referring to friend that took his phone while he was sleeping with him on his errands, and moved Chase to another bedroom when he returned. Then, the friend went on another trip... came back and found Chase gone... and friend assumed she picked him up. (She was in court at the time from 8-9 till 4).

The wife says that she doesn't believe he was killed or met with foul play.

SMH.. if only HRD dogs had been brought out, with the ok of the property owner near the time of his disappearance.

Listened to two of the podcasts to catch up now.. As someone else posted above, I'm surprised this thread has so few posts.

Hopefully the AJC, or 11Alive or another media outlet will summarize this. I thought whoa when I heard that they met to smoke pot (she and his BFF)... IIRC was after the missing person.

This may indeed be what LE thought as that he was despondent, but the fire in the friends yard and other information leads me to there is more to the story. :confused:

The interview Nancy Grace did with BC takes a whole different tenor now that it seems likely Chase was in his backyard the entire time. Sheesh.

I appreciate the time Nancy Grace puts into her podcasts but I really wish there were transcripts available because I don't want to listen for 45+ minutes. I can read it a lot faster. [emoji12]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

JMO but the ex-wife and BFF stories seem to have a gap of time in there for lots of possible scenarios. Something smells fishy here. IMO

JMO but the ex-wife and BFF stories seem to have a gap of time in there for lots of possible scenarios. Something smells fishy here. IMO

Yeah, I cringed too when catching up on the case... and heard the interviews. I too was thinking more to the story. Cannot say more due to TOS here at WS at this time.

The interview Nancy Grace did with BC takes a whole different tenor now that it seems likely Chase was in his backyard the entire time. Sheesh.

Did his interview when the BFF talked about Chase moving bedrooms right before the fire where coals came out and started a brush fire in the backyard enter into consideration of your opinion?

:waiting: for COD.. but after 3 years, unless a gunshot (doubtful) ... :dunno:

http://www.crimeonline.com/2017/08/02/this-was-no-accident-chase-massner-is-found-justice-is-next/

Quote from last night

Includes 45 minute Nancy Grace podcast at link from noon today

ClementQuote.JPG

"“I wasn’t there half the time! Everybody *advertiser censored****** knew that I had the whole house to myself and *advertiser censored***** all the media and everything was all on me after that sh**….Why the *advertiser censored** would I do that on my property?”"

Atlink.JPG

ETA: New info Chase was last seen at Brad Clement’s home, a friend who supposedly consoled him he night he disappeared, after the Iraq war veteran had an argument with his wife, Amanda Massner. The body was found buried in the backyard under a makeshift concrete slab that the Cobb County Cold Case Unit, who received the case earlier this year, took note of and ordered in cadaver dogs.

ETA #2: In the video above in a post above.. it showed the area UNDER THE DECK... will have to scroll back up and that is where they are saying on this podcast as to where the cement was.... under the deck

ETA #3.. This talks about how after Nancy visited.. he didn't take poly and he left town soon afterwards...

still listening to podcast from NOON today. As a grain of salt.. Nancy has a history of questionable "not knowing" .. but this is a good recap with new info :moo:

ETA #4: Someone does a concrete slab, and LE doesn't/cannot go onto property to investigate :pullhair:

ETA #5: I wonder if those 3 folks that were roofing that day that were there when fire happened were interviewed... or they were illegal help and LE couldn't find them. Have we seen interviews from them anywhere?

ETA #6: He went to her house that night and smoked per Brad after he was missing. Per Brad, they were smoking pot, and she didn't mention much about him missing

ETA #7: Nancy says while she was at the house, that she went potty and she searched her bathroom lol

ETA #8: Nancy has clip of bbq of that afternoon/night with one of the workers that were there that day.

I'm assuming Brad was the former homeowner where the body was located? Or did he just rent? How does one willingly sell a home where they know a body is buried, and not move the body first? That seems really odd to me.

I'm assuming Brad was the former homeowner where the body was located? Or did he just rent? How does one willingly sell a home where they know a body is buried, and not move the body first? That seems really odd to me.

And to have to dig up the patio cement first to move a body? Nope... move :moo:

http://www.crimeonline.com/2017/08/02/this-was-no-accident-chase-massner-is-found-justice-is-next/

Quote from last night

Includes 45 minute Nancy Grace podcast at link from noon today

attachment.php

"“I wasn’t there half the time! Everybody *advertiser censored****** knew that I had the whole house to myself and *advertiser censored***** all the media and everything was all on me after that sh**….Why the *advertiser censored** would I do that on my property?”"

attachment.php

ETA: New info Chase was last seen at Brad Clement’s home, a friend who supposedly consoled him he night he disappeared, after the Iraq war veteran had an argument with his wife, Amanda Massner. The body was found buried in the backyard under a makeshift concrete slab that the Cobb County Cold Case Unit, who received the case earlier this year, took note of and ordered in cadaver dogs.

ETA #2: In the video above in a post above.. it showed the area UNDER THE DECK... will have to scroll back up and that is where they are saying on this podcast as to where the cement was.... under the deck

ETA #3.. This talks about how after Nancy visited.. he didn't take poly and he left town soon afterwards...

still listening to podcast from NOON today. As a grain of salt.. Nancy has a history of questionable "not knowing" .. but this is a good recap with new info :moo:

ETA #4: Someone does a concrete slab, and LE doesn't/cannot go onto property to investigate :pullhair:

ETA #5: I wonder if those 3 folks that were roofing that day that were there when fire happened were interviewed... or they were illegal help and LE couldn't find them. Have we seen interviews from them anywhere?

ETA #6: He went to her house that night and smoked per Brad after he was missing. Per Brad, they were smoking pot, and she didn't mention much about him missing

ETA #7: Nancy says while she was at the house, that she went potty and she searched her bathroom lol

ETA #8: Nancy has clip of bbq of that afternoon/night with one of the workers that were there that day.

Per your #5, re the roofers:

Clement said the roofers doing maintenance on the house-who were at the location earlier that morning-told him they saw Chase leave.

CBS46 spoke with the owner of the roofing company who said, however, at no point did he or any of his workers ever see him leave the house.

In fact, the roofing company owner said they never saw Chase at Clement's home.

In an exclusive interview, CBS46's Daniel Wilkerson asked Clement about the conflicting accounts. Clement said he "assumed" the roofer had to have seen Chase leave, regarding the past statements he made when being questioned by police.

http://www.wral.com/wife-of-soldier-missing-since-2014-talks-with-cbs46/16790758/

I found this podcast that has a ton of information from when Chase fist went missing through an update on August 1. It is titled, "Massner - The Unresolved Podcast" by Michael Whelan, who has apparently spoken with Nancy Grace a few times. It is interesting, as it gives a lot of insight into the search and changing stories.

https://unresolved.me/chase-massner/

ETA: just a little tidbit to add. One of the sources he used for this "story" was WEBSLEUTHS

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
petrina
Back