GA GA - Jenna Van Gelderen, 25, Atlanta, 18 Aug 2017 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just thinking out loud at what little we have. No one has stated what exactly was purchased that I have seen. My adult son with a disability would buy something at each, even if he just used the restroom. Gas stations around here- most are convenience stores, and no gas cans. It would be helpful to know how much was spent as each, and what was bought. My sons all have store gas cards linked to my acct. They may stop a few times a day- soda, ice, gum, coffee, a sandwich, gas, water- especially when it's hot. There's quite a few of us with adult kids with a disability who know the little unique things they do that many don't.
I'm out.

That's one possibility I had not thought of. Or that she had taken an Uber back to my parents?

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

All I can think is she ran out of gas earlier in the day, which explains why she was driving her mum's car later. So, to me, it looks like she never went back to the house late that night to swop cars but got a taxi or bus or a lift home.earlier in the day on Friday.

They probably haven't looked at card or phone usage for earlier in the day because the vet saw J that p.m. so she hadn't disappeared at that point in time.

I think it would be a good idea to let this new info sink in a bit so new scenarios can be thought about. It is important for family to check with the vet whether J's car was there in the afternoon and to check J's phone for earlier calls, texts etc. JMO.

I hope I managed the quote posting correctly. This is my first post - I have been following this for weeks after a seeing a shared post about J on my local area's FB page. Even if this theory doesn't pan out, I really like that there is finally a fresh idea getting tossed around to get people thinking out of the box.

Going off this theory, if Jenna was tight on money due to lack of recent work, maybe she had been buying small amounts of gas at her gas station stops? If she were out and about running errands or seeing friends she may have just added enough in her almost empty tank to get her to the next place until feeling like she didn't have any more on her card, and then deciding to get some ride back to her parents house to use her moms car. Or she could have run out of gas in her car first, gotten a ride home, and then gotten low on gas and made small gas purchases for her mom's car, which if I were in that situation would be more important than my own, to get it back to her house.

@subie_climber , do you happen to know if your mom's tank was closer to full or empty? Other than her phone activity ending Friday night, that would open the time frame to possibly the next morning if she were to have gotten in the car with someone then to go get gas for both cars before you or the vet would arrive.

All just thinking out loud, hoping that Jenna is back home soon.

I hope I managed the quote posting correctly. This is my first post - I have been following this for weeks after a seeing a shared post about J on my local area's FB page. Even if this theory doesn't pan out, I really like that there is finally a fresh idea getting tossed around to get people thinking out of the box.

Going off this theory, if Jenna was tight on money due to lack of recent work, maybe she had been buying small amounts of gas at her gas station stops? If she were out and about running errands or seeing friends she may have just added enough in her almost empty tank to get her to the next place until feeling like she didn't have any more on her card, and then deciding to get some ride back to her parents house to use her moms car. Or she could have run out of gas in her car first, gotten a ride home, and then gotten low on gas and made small gas purchases for her mom's car, which if I were in that situation would be more important than my own, to get it back to her house.

@subie_climber , do you happen to know if your mom's tank was closer to full or empty? Other than her phone activity ending Friday night, that would open the time frame to possibly the next morning if she were to have gotten in the car with someone then to go get gas for both cars before you or the vet would arrive.

I don't know on my mom's car , I didn't check thinking that the police were going to check that out and do finger prints early on

Okay. I just watched one of the news clips where the reporter claimed they have "one big lead" so I truly hope something comes from that. Whatever info you can give us, do. I totally understand that a lot of info needs to be withheld so the investigation can be successful. Really hope jenna is found safe asap.

Okay. I just watched one of the news clips where the reporter claimed they have "one big lead" so I truly hope something comes from that. Whatever info you can give us, do. I totally understand that a lot of info needs to be withheld so the investigation can be successful. Really hope jenna is found safe asap.
Do you have a link for that clip or was it a live feed you saw? I would be interested to read or see that.

Welcome MFH. You did well on the multiquote. (To get rid of them, click on them again or they keep showing with every reply you make. )

I agree with your post about low fuel and running out could be due to lack of funds. She could have popped out that saturday morning for something, run out of gas and been picked up by someone pretending to help also. JMO

Is it just coincidence that the car was found on 5th and the Backpage ad was posted on 6th? Or does anyone think Jenna's disappearence might be staged by one of the people she saw that night?

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

Is it just coincidence that the car was found on 5th and the Backpage ad was posted on 6th? Or does anyone think Jenna's disappearence might be staged by one of the people she saw that night?

Which backpage ad? The one mentioned before was not her

Which backpage ad? The one mentioned before was not her

Yes i know it wasnt her but you had mentioned the possibility of it being the mistaken identity etc..i am just trying to look at all ideas. I think its obvious (IMO) she didnt leave the house voluntarily so whos to say someone else didnt leave her car there to make it look like she left it?

Saw above the link that mentioned Dateline. It would be so great if there was more widespread media coverage :praying:

Just this Sunday, CNN covered a missing child from Pennsylvania, and he was found the next day in Washington due to someone calling in! (see "breaking news" thread)

As Foxfire would say "The greatest investigative tool for LE is the American public", as is seen in this case by the finding of the car.

In the article, Sgt. Kennedy said, "We just haven’t had that one, strong lead that leads us to believe that she’s less than healthy or the contrary. So we haven’t had anything to lead us in any direction.” But the reporter said they DO have one strong lead. Which is it?

Unfortunately, I believe they are just referring to finding the car.

Has it specifically said what kind of mess the house was in?
Was it in a mess like she had not cleaned up after herself? A party mess? Or a mess as in someone had ransacked the place?
The picture/mosaic: someone, even the daughter, could have believed it was of value and tried to pawn it. Or believed there was money hidden in the frame. My grandfather used to do this.
Is trying to pawn it a possibility if she was low on funds?
I mean, I know we aren't getting the whole story. I know I am just throwing ideas out there and hoping they stick. But when you are a twenty something and low on money, then get yourself in a situation; running out of gas, owe money, one might do crazy stuff. Throw in AU which a lot of times has some BiPolar or ADHD components (not saying she does, strong possibility) and there are going to be irrational decisions all over the board.
And let's just say there were shady friends involved. Add to that drugs and/or alcohol.
And let's just say she is out of her prescription medications. All of that together could create a horrible situation.
I'm not saying any of that did, but if the Stars ever aligned, we could have had a very vulnerable situation and a girl that desperately needs help.

Ive been to gas stations and girls go to cars and give some sob story about being out of money need gas to get home....ppl do give them cash. which they do not buy gas with.

Not quite Shire. What I'm saying is that she is involved in whatever "it" is, it has nothing to do with her card. We just know she was at the gas stations because her card was there. For my theory you have to take out that her card was involved, you don't run a scheme on your own card. I think J was with the friends at all 3-4 gas stations and the friends were running a scam. J probably wanted to be with but not involved so she went in the store (hence her small purchases on the card)...

Ok to Eileen, she comes from a decent family in Atlanta. She was talking to them daily and subie has hinted earlier that there was the option of financial support. She was not that strapped on cash unless we hear so from subie. I've never seen girls doing that. Unless they are more like hitchhikers. She definitely is not that bad off, her family would not let that happen. People throwing out theories that she was poor and doing things because or that or selling herself or selling drugs miss the fact that she was in daily contact with her parents who are not "poor" and most parents support their kids in their 20s if they struggle these days in Atlanta. It throws off the possibility of it not being her and makes her look complicit when in all likelihood she was a victim and someone knows something on that.

Adot, agreed. A lot of times friends use cards, she could be convinced. Is there any chance records could be retrieved at gas stations as to what cards were used at the same time, what other transactions? Other money orders or things could have been bought not on her card...could reveal people involved

So, there not any prints in the car. Does anyone know if that means the car was wiped clean of prints or that any of the prints that were found were of known prints? I probably should know this-but unless a car is wiped clean there will be some finger prints, right?

BTW-stopping at numerous gas stations in one day isn't that unusual to me. My husband will stop and get diet coke and then 2 hours later a candy bar. And he works full time and is carting kids around half the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marytb