GA GA - Jenna Van Gelderen, 25, Atlanta, 18 Aug 2017 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
In the beginning there was a flyer and the facebookpage Find Jenna.

Just some clarification, boh-the incident report was on the Help Find Jenna FB page? Or in the beginning there was the flyer and the Help Find Jenna FB page?

Sorry, not much coffee this morning, so I may be a bit fuzzy.

Obviously the house, gardens and garage were searched straightaway by LE and K9's right? And maybe parts of EU that the house backs on to?

I *think* we are still waiting for clarification as to whether or not k9's were at her parents home and if mom's car was checked with k9's as well.

You know, I think we are waiting for clarification on whether or not k9's were used when her car was recovered as well :thinking:

Probably worth the family asking this and providing doctor info to the extent they know it. I think even if they think any medical information is relevant to a missing persons case they can request it. Certainly I would think the info about how her ASD impacts her life would be relevant and I think any time a female goes missing a check with her OBGYN may provide useful information about pregnancies, signs of sexual trauma, etc.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

LE can request a subpoena for the records, but I wonder if Jenna has a medical POA given some of her challenges? I know her autism was stated as high functioning, but I recall the VI mentioning mental illness. If she has a POA, that would probably be the easiest way to access her records.

Just some clarification, boh-the incident report was on the Help Find Jenna FB page? Or in the beginning there was the flyer and the Help Find Jenna FB page?

Sorry, not much coffee this morning, so I may be a bit fuzzy.
Stanly and I also answered this in an earlier post. The second one is what I recollect. Would like to see an incident report too though.

I believe I recall one of the articles stating that dogs were brought out to the site of the vehicle recovery. However, no clarity on the type of dogs used, who they belonged to, or even the time frame surrounding that...so odds are we don't know much. If I had to guess given the circumstances of the vehicle recovery, location, and timing....I'd guess metro PD k9s which doesn't give us much to work with less perhaps narcotics, explosives, or a fleeing individual. But this thinking about scent dogs and the vehicle recovery made me wonder about something else- car washes. Has anyone seen anything about surveillance from car washes in the area, during the time frame of Jenna going missing, and the vehicle recovery? Family has said it was found in an unremarkable state from which it was last seen. Did it look at all like it had been through a car wash? And what about the milage?

Hey guys sorry for the lack of updates . Another week has gone by, another check in with the LE and another blank on updates from them.
We can't tell at this point if this case is just over their head or that this is normal to go get zero updates on progress. This just seems way too slow

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Question for ya'll...I read back through the entire thread and couldn't find the initial incident/missing person report posted anywhere. Do we have a copy of that somewhere? I'd like to see how it was written up- sometimes it's a good idea to go back to the very beginning and read the reporting officer(s) words, as well as the witness(s) and/or victims. TIA.

Thank you Stanly. Perhaps we can get one up? I believe WS may have a copy, maybe a mod knows. Alternately, perhaps subie has one.

Hi Oriah. The missing person report has not been released to the public as far as I'm aware.

The only public notice directly from LE that I have seen is this:

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=1426335464154845&id=136729029782168

Thanks Greater Than.

Subie- I'm so sorry LE hasn't been able to provide much in the way of forward movement on Jenna's case. I can imagine how frustrating it must be to just be told nothing has changed week after week. Hopefully (and assumably!) they are working diligently on any and all leads that may pertain to Jenna. Someone must know something- even if they don't yet realize it.

In the meantime, if you go to www.ncmissingpersons.org (this is CUE's website) they have a very good explanation under 'File a Report' of the information gathering process needed to get your missing persons info out there and accessible to SAR and missing persons advocacy groups nationwide. You do not need to specifically work with CUE to make use of their very informative website! It's well put together, and I would recommend reading through to anyone and everyone with a missing loved one. Just to try and figure out what steps to take next.

Have the PI's had any success yet?

I’ve tried to keep up, but I know I missed some posts, so forgive me if this was covered:

Did she drive for Uber or Lyft to make money?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’ve tried to keep up, but I know I missed some posts, so forgive me if this was covered:

Did she drive for Uber or Lyft to make money?

I haven’t seen this question asked but I could have missed it. However, this is a great question!

I believe any of these companies would be able to verify that info to family or LE if they contacted them. This may very well have something to do with what appears to be Jenna driving in a circle & the numerous gas station stops, also.

I haven’t seen this question asked but I could have missed it. However, this is a great question!

I believe any of these companies would be able to verify that info to family or LE if they contacted them. This may very well have something to do with what appears to be Jenna driving in a circle & the numerous gas station stops, also.
She did not drive for Uber or Lyft. Have checked those accounts already

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Are you going to do any searching this weekend Subie? Let me know if you need anything at all. I am free on Sat and most of Sunday morning.

I just saw this short written update from WSB that includes info on the new reward money. It is not very extensive but better than nothing.

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/local/dek...d-to-help-find-missing-dekalb-woman/620677871

"A total of $17,000 is being offered to help find Jenna, which includes $7,000 from Crimestoppers."

The local Patch also posted an update on the reward money:
https://patch.com/georgia/northdruidhills/17-000-offered-missing-atlanta-womans-case

I just saw this short written update from WSB that includes info on the new reward money. It is not very extensive but better than nothing.

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/local/dek...d-to-help-find-missing-dekalb-woman/620677871

"A total of $17,000 is being offered to help find Jenna, which includes $7,000 from Crimestoppers."

The local Patch also posted an update on the reward money:
https://patch.com/georgia/northdruidhills/17-000-offered-missing-atlanta-womans-case

So the car was out of gas- I thought Subie said it had some in :thinking:
Wonder if LE have the phone data yet and what may be on the recording? Perhaps LE are quietly working on something - here's hoping anyway.

Wonder if LE have the phone data yet and what may be on the recording? Perhaps LE are quietly working on something - here's hoping anyway.

I think it was mentioned that the car was found without gas but that LE may have put a small amount of fuel in it to check the mechanical state of the vehicle upon finding it.

I strongly believe LE has recently learned new information. The reward amount has increased significantly, not once but twice in the last few days.

I strongly believe LE has recently learned new information. The reward amount has increased significantly, not once but twice in the last few days.

Where did you see the double increase? As far as I know it is the $10000 originally from the family and recently $7000 from crimestoppers.

If I recall right...the gas tank of Jenna's car empty was an incorrect media statement, but excuse me upfront if I'm not recollecting every detail correct. Hoping with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Double