GA GA - Jenna Van Gelderen, 25, Atlanta, 18 Aug 2017 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
All I can say is that I wish that Jenna had friends to support her like Mickey Schunik did. They hit the ground running and never let up.

In her case she left a friends at a known time and never showed up at home. It was a total stranger that kidnapped and killed her.l and disposed of her bike then buried her.

I don't understand why there isn't a drawing of what the tapestry looked like out in the media. That tapestry is invaluable to this case IMO.
It went missing with her, just like Mickey's bike did.
Mickey's bike turned up in Whiskey Bay.

I really feel like if the public knew approximately what the tapestry looked like and the size, not just the dimensions, the ACTUAL SIZE- it is possible someone may have seen it somewhere - or if they see it in the future, they would remember seeing it in the media.

Find the tapestry and that will lead to more leads, that could very well lead to Jenna, IMO.

All of the video in Schuniks case! Do you really think Atlanta doesn't have ANYTHING? I DON'T.

I'm guessing they don't have a body or enough to charge anyone yet.
But I don't believe they don't have video evidence of that night.
MOO

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Haven’t heard from Subie in a few days it seems like..I wonder if there’s been progress that they just can’t discuss? If not, I’ll say it again, shocking that no one set up any searches to get this story out there in the community!

I feel like this case would've been solved long ago if LE hadn't been so slow to investigate. There had to have been tons of cc tv/surveillance footage that SHOULD have been reviewed that is now lost forever.

Sure wish the LEO's on this case had the same determination of the investigators that worked Taylor Wright's and Laura Waller's cases.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did anything become of this?....

#789 by our VI

"Hey guys has anyone on here organized a search party before? I've had a few requests to get one going.

Some areas we can check

1) Area where car was found

2) Around her apartment

3) Around parents neighborhood

The area around the car might be more important,

I think we still need to figure out if this was her destination or if someone had found her car, went for a joy ride and left it there"

#873 by our VI

"Regarding the search, I spoke with police and they said they did a door to door search to the businesses and homes around the area where her car was found. They said we are welcome to search the area some more, but that they do not think this location was the initial destination."

Link: https://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=13651562

Greater Than - i hope this is ok?

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

I personally don't believe anyone has been "cleared" simply because we have no official POI. Unless it is put out by LE of course.

Everyone still suspect IMO until we have more info from LE like phone pings, cctv, etc.

IG guy appears to live in the townhouse but arranged to meet in college park? Judging by this...

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...anta-18-August-2017-3&p=13659385#post13659385

Ok so none of them live in College Park, iG guy just wanted to meet in College Park then changed it to Lindberg but said she didn't show. Apart from SC friend, town home guy and Bf we don't know where any friends live.

@subie please can you confirm what transpired in the conversation between J and her SC friend at 11.45 p.m. as it seems that is the last verifiable contact with J.

I am a little hung up on the fact that when the brother called at 9 am her phone rang. If a phone is off (dead battery, destroyed somehow, SIM card removed) it will not ring but go straight to voice mail. If someone causes harm they know that the phone can be traced so they are likely to destroy it in some way as soon as possible. To me it is significant that it rang at 9am and there must be a ping from that time or a little later. LE must know where the phone was at 9am Saturday morning. The brother found her missing around 10.

I am a little hung up on the fact that when the brother called at 9 am her phone rang. If a phone is off (dead battery, destroyed somehow, SIM card removed) it will not ring but go straight to voice mail. If someone causes harm they know that the phone can be traced so they are likely to destroy it in some way as soon as possible. To me it is significant that it rang at 9am and there must be a ping from that time or a little later. LE must know where the phone was at 9am Saturday morning. The brother found her missing around 10.
That is a very good point <modsnip>
5 days with nothing new is disheartening in this case. Whatever is the problem here?

Here's that post (817 in first thread, I think) where Subie mentions calling and it ringing then going to voicemail. Thought it might help to repost the info as I'd forgotten this. Could someone have tossed it somewhere and it rang until the battery died?

"We didn't know that morning she was missing for sure . I tried calling her that morning and her phone rang then went to voice mail. Had assumed she was sleeping in . Came by the house and she was not there and then assumed she may have just run out quickly for an errand. It wasn't until that night when I was at a wedding that we realized something was wrong.
My parents and I both got calls from the vet assistant that he wasn't able to get in and her phone was now dead.
Sunday they helped me (from Canada) to being the process of the missing persons report. It was on Sunday also that I had just noticed the tapestry missing."

@Subie, I have recently discovered that Mazda vehicles from 2011 on have EDR's (Event Data Recorders) fitted so I am wondering if your mother's car has one fitted? If so, have LE analysed the data on it? This could perhaps further identify J's movements more accurately. Some people compare these to the black boxes on aeroplanes. J's car was 2010 so may not have one but it is surely worth checking?
Hoping for some positive news.

Excellent thoughts and input, Fiddle (re: the phone ringing at 9AM) and Shiressleuth (on the EDR)!

I see a number of members posting about the guys in Jenna's life and theorizing how they may fit into her disappearance. I am in no way suggesting that none of them are involved. But, as I look at Jenna's disappearance as a whole, I am struggling more with the actions of Uber Girl. I find it beyond curious that she claimed (falsely) to see Jenna in the days after her disappearance but wouldn't chance being late to work to confirm whether or not it was her. I suppose emotions are running high for her friends' but something seems really off. I feel like this girl knows far more than she is letting on. IMO she knows, maybe even indirectly, what happened to Jenna or who is responsible and can't come to terms with it. I hope that LE is re-interviewing her and her boyfriend. MOO

Excellent thoughts and input, Fiddle (re: the phone ringing at 9AM) and Shiressleuth (on the EDR)!

I see a number of members posting about the guys in Jenna's life and theorizing how they may fit into her disappearance. I am in no way suggesting that none of them are involved. But, as I look at Jenna's disappearance as a whole, I am struggling more with the actions of Uber Girl. I find it beyond curious that she claimed (falsely) to see Jenna in the days after her disappearance but wouldn't chance being late to work to confirm whether or not it was her. I suppose emotions are running high for her friends' but something seems really off. I feel like this girl knows far more than she is letting on. IMO she knows, maybe even indirectly, what happened to Jenna or who is responsible and can't come to terms with it. I hope that LE is re-interviewing her and her boyfriend. MOO
I thought it was more a case of a 'false sighting' than her falsely claiming to have seen her? If she had info on where Jenna might be or who with or anything like that then i dont know why she would falsely claim to have seen her and if she had anything to do with it then why would she stir things up with a false sighting? Surely its better to be quiet and keep your head down or point the blame at someone else.

I got the impression from earlier in the threads that J had met with several different men that night, however evidence now seems to show she only met with one guy-her bf- who has told police he broke up with her that night. Is that the true story now or is it going to change again?

I thought it was more a case of a 'false sighting' than her falsely claiming to have seen her? If she had info on where Jenna might be or who with or anything like that then i dont know why she would falsely claim to have seen her and if she had anything to do with it then why would she stir things up with a false sighting? Surely its better to be quiet and keep your head down or point the blame at someone else.

From the FB page, I do not read the situation as you do. The family stated, "Fake sightings are not appreciated.
This is not a game." immediately after the report by Uber Girl and her boyfriend.

I am wondering if it was more of a misdirection. Much like the missing tapestry.

If it was my friend was missing and I thought that I saw them, there are very few things that would keep me from pursuing them and being late for work is not of them. It just seems very curious.

From the FB page, I do not read the situation as you do. The family stated, "Fake sightings are not appreciated.
This is not a game." immediately after the report by Uber Girl and her boyfriend.

I am wondering if it was more of a misdirection. Much like the missing tapestry.

If it was my friend was missing and I thought that I saw them, there are very few things that would keep me from pursuing them and being late for work is not of them. It just seems very curious.
I thought it was reported she had followed her into the store and couldn't find her so reported the car and reg to LE. If you're going to accuse people who report sightings of making false ones, then you're likely to lose support quickly IMO as people will be afraid to report it in case they get an ear full like she did.
:cow: of course.

Based on info from our VI it could be either but he stated she had run around to look and it wasnt as simple as just not bothering because she was late for work...

Post #128

We got a call last Thursday night from her girlfriend (Uber friend ) she and her boyfriend had seen her going into a publix in our area and even gave the plate of the car she was driving. She ran around publix to look but had to leave due to running late to work . Police checked it out and car is owned by a college student at Emory University down the road and car was not reported stolen . Remember Jenna does not have her ID. Reported as a false sighting .

Its easy to say 'if it was me i would have/wouldnt have...'

If it was me i would have been bashing the apartment door down when turned away by roommate

I would have been out searching and enlisting all these people here willing to help

I would be giving as much info as i possibly could in order to get the missing person home.

J and Uber girl may not have been friends for long. We dont know her work circumstances and she may really have had to have been in. She could have run around the Publix and then dialled LE out of breath saying she had seen her but has to leave and can someone investigate.

Anyway, im waffling on [emoji12]

"Car is owned by an Emory student down the road and was not reported stolen" . Did police physically check at the address of this Emory student to double check Jenna wasn't there?

Based on info from our VI it could be either but he stated she had run around to look and it wasnt as simple as just not bothering because she was late for work...

Post #128

We got a call last Thursday night from her girlfriend (Uber friend ) she and her boyfriend had seen her going into a publix in our area and even gave the plate of the car she was driving. She ran around publix to look but had to leave due to running late to work . Police checked it out and car is owned by a college student at Emory University down the road and car was not reported stolen . Remember Jenna does not have her ID. Reported as a false sighting .

Its easy to say 'if it was me i would have/wouldnt have...'

If it was me i would have been bashing the apartment door down when turned away by roommate

I would have been out searching and enlisting all these people here willing to help

I would be giving as much info as i possibly could in order to get the missing person home.

J and Uber girl may not have been friends for long. We dont know her work circumstances and she may really have had to have been in. She could have run around the Publix and then dialled LE out of breath saying she had seen her but has to leave and can someone investigate.

Anyway, im waffling on [emoji12]

There is more to my thought process, but I cannot post without violating TOS. I really believe that she knows something more. I can only hope that she is sharing all that she may know or suspect with LE and the family.

Here's that post (817 in first thread, I think) where Subie mentions calling and it ringing then going to voicemail. Thought it might help to repost the info as I'd forgotten this. Could someone have tossed it somewhere and it rang until the battery died?

"We didn't know that morning she was missing for sure . I tried calling her that morning and her phone rang then went to voice mail. Had assumed she was sleeping in . Came by the house and she was not there and then assumed she may have just run out quickly for an errand. It wasn't until that night when I was at a wedding that we realized something was wrong.
My parents and I both got calls from the vet assistant that he wasn't able to get in and her phone was now dead.
Sunday they helped me (from Canada) to being the process of the missing persons report. It was on Sunday also that I had just noticed the tapestry missing."

I realize many people don't have landlines, but I wonder if her parents did.
If I can't reach my husband at his mom's via cell, my next move is to call the house!
MOO

There is more to my thought process, but I cannot post without violating TOS. I really believe that she knows something more. I can only hope that she is sharing all that she may know or suspect with LE and the family.
I'm leaning that way too.
MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads