GA - Jonah, 3, & Nicole Payne, 2, Warrenton, 23 April 2005

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
browneyes said:
Another 12 year old is missing near Tampa Florida. :doh:
I just heard that they know who the "abductor" is but they haven't issued an Amber Alert. I don't get it.

browneyes said:
Moraq, my children did the same things. However, not at age 2 and 3. I think people are misunderstanding the questions here. No one here thinks it's bad to let your children do age appropriate things...but not keeping an eye on 2 and 3 year olds just does not make any sense. Now, they will never grow up and enjoy the wonderful things your son did.

Browneyes, this lad kept me hopping from the day he could turn over!

Jeana (DP) said:
After going through it with my sister, I know for a fact, I'd need to be scraped off the floor with a spatula if it were my kids. I don't know how people find the will to breathe after something like this happens to their child.

I agree with you Jeana....I would drive myself crazy...and would probably be committed at least temporarily.

browneyes said:
Moraq, my children did the same things. However, not at age 2 and 3. I think people are misunderstanding the questions here. No one here thinks it's bad to let your children do age appropriate things...but not keeping an eye on 2 and 3 year olds just does not make any sense. Now, they will never grow up and enjoy the wonderful things your son did.
THANK YOU!! EXACTLY!!

A 2 and 3 year old are not as able to fend for themselves as older children are. I don't see 2 and 3 year olds running outside by themselves, and I don't think it's acceptable ... not by caring, concerned parents. Children under the age of 6 should NOT be outside by themselves alone, period.

JerseyGirl said:
Are you kidding me???? Good grief!

I wish I was. There is an amber alert out too. :(

While they were talking about the case, they put up a pic of a "shady" looking man....I hope it's not another sex offender. :banghead:

JerseyGirl said:
I just heard that they know who the "abductor" is but they haven't issued an Amber Alert. I don't get it.

Oh, I thought an amber alert was out. I must have missed the "haven't" during my despair of hearing what was happening AGAIN!!

A missing child alert was issued late this morning for Margarita Aguilar-Lopez. She is described as a white/Hispanic girl, 4-feet 10-inches tall, weighing 65 pounds with black hair and brown eyes.

Margarita was last seen in the 1700 block of 14th Street W in Bradenton wearing a white T-shirt and blue pants.

Authorities say the girl was likely abducted by Antonio Paulino-Perez, a white/Hispanic male, described as 26 years old, 5 feet 2 inches tall and 120 pounds, with black hair and brown eyes. He was reportedly wearing a white T-shirt and blue jeans, and may have a scar on his forehead.

In the missing forum.

PrayersForMaura said:
THANK YOU!! EXACTLY!!

A 2 and 3 year old are not as able to fend for themselves as older children are. I don't see 2 and 3 year olds running outside by themselves, and I don't think it's acceptable ... not by caring, concerned parents. Children under the age of 6 should NOT be outside by themselves alone, period.

At 2 or 3 I would agree, they need supervision. By 6, it depends on the child. By 6yrs old, mine had outdoor chores they needed to accomplish on thier own.

Timex said:
At 2 or 3 I would agree, they need supervision. By 6, it depends on the child. By 6yrs old, mine had outdoor chores they needed to accomplish on thier own.
I agree with you... by 6 years old, kids know a little better between right and wrong.... not as much as an 8 year old but still, at 6 I was outside playing ... 2 and 3 are just so little.... and we all know about the term "terrible 2s" ... at 2, kids seems to want to get into everything.

Julie said:
I'm not saying that kids that young don't have good memories, but to know exactly where to go?? Has it been said that their parents took them there? Wasn't that place some kind of sanitation pond or something?? Not someplace parents would usually take their kids. IMO

I think the dad said they'd not been taken there....since it's a sanitation pond and fenced in, I doubt it would have been a spot any adult would choose to walk to! But the officer this morning during the press conference said that it would not have been difficult at all for the kids to make it there.

Miss Daisey said:
JG, I know that tightening-of-the-throat panic one feels when you think your child is lost if only for a moment. There's probably no parent that hasn't experienced it at one time or another.
I'm just trying to illustrate the point that in spite of the fact that she may theoretically have had enough time to find the kids, if she was in that panic mode, running outside, then running back in, then grabbing the phone, then running back out ... she might not have been thinking clearly enough to even think of what to do first. And if she had decided to venture out to find the kids, she wouldn't have any idea of which direction to take.

I do agree, however, with an earlier post that said that if she wasn't frantically trying to find them when they were missing for 30 minutes earlier in the day, she might not have been trying frantically to find them during this episode either.

PrayersForMaura said:
While it's quite possible --- and I'd like to give the mother the benefit of the doubt but it's been hard --- I doubt she did a lot of "running back & forth" if it took her around 30 minutes to notice the first time at 4pm that her kids were outside unattended. If it is true, in fact, that the neighbor brought the kids back ...

I wonder if she KNEW they were outside and just was neglecting to check on them, or if she'd put them down for naps and didn't hear them sneak out? Had she gotten an older neighbor child to watch them and they just left? 30 minutes is a long time when it comes to babies, but I haven't heard or read anything that explains why she lost track of them for so long. Has anyone heard an explanation?

PrayersForMaura said:
Interesting, did she live by them in Arizona??? I thought that they only lived in Georgia for one year or so??
Does anyone know or have a link to any mention of the Arizona link? Interested in what County they resided in or City, etc.

I wonder what they were running from to up and leave with two babies... heck, the little girl probably was still in womb. Only to move across the entire country to live in a run down mobile home and work in a gas station.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SapphireGem
Back