GA - Jonah, 3, & Nicole Payne, 2, Warrenton, 23 April 2005

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
JerseyGirl said:
I'm just trying to illustrate the point that in spite of the fact that she may theoretically have had enough time to find the kids, if she was in that panic mode, running outside, then running back in, then grabbing the phone, then running back out ... she might not have been thinking clearly enough to even think of what to do first. And if she had decided to venture out to find the kids, she wouldn't have any idea of which direction to take.

I do agree, however, with an earlier post that said that if she wasn't frantically trying to find them when they were missing for 30 minutes earlier in the day, she might not have been trying frantically to find them during this episode either.
I got your point, JerseyGirl. I was refering to your terror while running around the mall like a chicken- with- his- head-cut off while searching for your termporarily missing son. :crazy:

okay, i'm going to be the bad guy(girl) here... i watched NG last night and could not believe that father on the day his children were found dead called in and talked her leg off on the show....there was no tears whatsoever...his voice was calm, sad, but said the kids were in a better place. i find that kind of behavior BIZARRE...would you all go on tv the night your kids are found dead just to thank everyone and say they were better off?

the mother had no tears - i know, we all grieve differently, but really, NO TEARS? I am suspicious and HOPE i am wrong. there, i said it!

londonPI said:
okay, i'm going to be the bad guy(girl) here... i watched NG last night and could not believe that father on the day his children were found dead called in and talked her leg off on the show....there was no tears whatsoever...his voice was calm, sad, but said the kids were in a better place. i find that kind of behavior BIZARRE...would you all go on tv the night your kids are found dead just to thank everyone and say they were better off?

the mother had no tears - i know, we all grieve differently, but really, NO TEARS? I am suspicious and HOPE i am wrong. there, i said it!

I'll probably be the "badder guy" here, but I agree and disagree. I agree with what you said about the mother. I think she's either horribly negligent to the point that she should be charged with such or she's guilty of murder. However, the father, I disagree. (Here's where the bad guy part comes in). . . Being a mom, I can only say how I feel, but I think the mother should be MORE upset than the father. For the most part, moms are the nurterers and fathers are the providers. Therefore, mothers have more of a feeling of protecting the kids (think mother bear here) and fathers probably have more of a feeling of being able to provide for their needs financially. Plus, fathers probably think they need to be strong for the mother. So, I don't think the father was involved and I don't think it was odd that he was able to put a "brave face" on and talk to reporters.

Okay, bash away. :D

I think its impossible to tell. I myself NEVER allow myself to show emotion in public. Its something I feel should be done in the privacy of my own home, with those I know care about me. My husband, on the other hand, is far more likely to express his emotions publically. Im also one that doesnt allow emotion to enter in until weeks after a given situation. During the crisis, I feel its my job to stay strong...put on a good face...never let them see you cry type attitude.

kgeaux said:
I wonder if she KNEW they were outside and just was neglecting to check on them, or if she'd put them down for naps and didn't hear them sneak out? Had she gotten an older neighbor child to watch them and they just left? 30 minutes is a long time when it comes to babies, but I haven't heard or read anything that explains why she lost track of them for so long. Has anyone heard an explanation?
would she put them down for naps with their shoes on??

Jeana (DP) said:
It was near 6:00 p.m. Why would they be having a nap? I think the shoes were just on.
A poster wrote and asked about the 4pm disappearance. That's why I posted what I did... just to clarify...

Jeana (DP) said:
... I think the mother should be MORE upset than the father. For the most part, moms are the nurterers and fathers are the providers. Therefore, mothers have more of a feeling of protecting the kids (think mother bear here) and fathers probably have more of a feeling of being able to provide for their needs financially. Plus, fathers probably think they need to be strong for the mother. So, I don't think the father was involved and I don't think it was odd that he was able to put a "brave face" on and talk to reporters.
I agree 100%. And to me, the father sounded very upset & possibly in shock.

Nchadwickaz said:
Does anyone know or have a link to any mention of the Arizona link? Interested in what County they resided in or City, etc.
Hi there, back on page three of this thread, a poster named Meech posted this story:

"Mr. Payne, who is engaged to and lives with Ms. Kain, said he was working in Thomson at a gas station when the children's mother called him to say that Nicole and Jonah were gone.

Standing outside the home where he and the children have lived for less than a year, Mr. Payne expressed the belief that someone had abducted his son and daughter.

"When they leave, they leave the gate open," he said. Authorities found the gate closed but unlatched.

Mr. Payne and Ms. Kain lived in Arizona before moving to Gibson, Ga., which is where Brenda Johnson met them four years ago.

On Sunday, Ms. Johnson and family friend Laura Pennington said that they couldn't fathom Jonah and Nicole just leaving - particularly together.

"I never saw them play together - they were so sick of the other one. If they're together, someone snatched them," Ms. Pennington said. "And I don't know them to just take off and go up the road. They knew their limits."

Besides Ms. Kain, the last people to see the children were neighbors who saw them playing outside at about 4 p.m.

Agent Nicholson said Ms. Kain told police that she and the children came inside shortly after 4 p.m. and were in the house until she noticed the children were gone. Witnesses said there was no vehicle traffic on Lake Road at the time of the children's disappearance, according to Chief McClain."

with this link
http://augustachronicle.com/login.shtml?orq:http://augustachronicle.com/stories/042505/met_3984125.shtml

So when that family friend made the comment she did, she DID know them in Arizona. Makes sense to me now... Doesn't seem to say which town in Arizona though.

kato said:
I agree that the mom's emotions looked fake. And the way she kept burying her head in his chest.
Well, the video I saw I could hear the mom audible sobbing....and if burying your head in someones chest is an indication that grief is "fake" then I guess all that grief I felt when my children's father died a few months ago wasn't real, because I kept my head buried in someones chest much of the time sobbing uncontrollably. Remember that EVERYONE handles grief and trauma in different ways. I know some people said that Mark Lunsford didn't seem to show "enough grief" when Jessica went missing. I just think it's unfair to hold judgement until the facts are out.

Nchadwickaz said:
Does anyone know or have a link to any mention of the Arizona link? Interested in what County they resided in or City, etc.
she had a traffic violation in Apache Junction. That is right next to Phoenix.

ISPTRAX said:
I wonder what they were running from to up and leave with two babies... heck, the little girl probably was still in womb. Only to move across the entire country to live in a run down mobile home and work in a gas station.
I'm not sure how any of that indicates that they were running from something. People move all of the time; even pregnant, even with kids, even across the country.

(I'm sorry if this post sounds obnoxious - I don't mean it that way. I've tried to rephrase it about seven times now, and it just doesn't sound any better! :) )

lady-eowyn said:
Well, the video I saw I could hear the mom audible sobbing....and if burying your head in someones chest is an indication that grief is "fake" then I guess all that grief I felt when my children's father died a few months ago wasn't real, because I kept my head buried in someones chest much of the time sobbing uncontrollably. Remember that EVERYONE handles grief and trauma in different ways. I know some people said that Mark Lunsford didn't seem to show "enough grief" when Jessica went missing. I just think it's unfair to hold judgement until the facts are out.

So sorry for your loss lady-eowyn. :blowkiss:

ISPTRAX said:
I wonder what they were running from to up and leave with two babies... heck, the little girl probably was still in womb. Only to move across the entire country to live in a run down mobile home and work in a gas station.
Maybe the just wanted to move? Do people have to be running from something to move if they have small children? Maybe they have family on the east coast or in the south? Maybe that is where the father was from and he wanted to go back there? Listening to the father's accent I'd say he wasn't a west coaster but from the south, he has a southern accent IMO.

lady-eowyn said:

Maybe you're right about withholding judgment, but we're just talking. My problem is that the kids had a history of letting themselves outside. No precaution was taken at either the door to the trailer or the gate outside of the yard, either of which would have prevented the deaths. Secondly, while she could definately be heard "sobbing," the tears were absent. Something we've seen in cases where mom wasn't telling the truth.

browneyes said:
So sorry for your loss lady-eowyn. :blowkiss:
Thanks browneyes...it's been a tough year so far...that was the start of all of it too :blowkiss:

I wonder ... if there was anything suspicious, would the coroner be holding a press conference? I would think it would be the Sheriff or police chief if there was something suspicious. I also wouldn't think it would be so soon.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ljenkins18
Back