GA - Jonah, 3, & Nicole Payne, 2, Warrenton, 23 April 2005

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
Is there a link where the press conference would be on the net since the White House seems to have taken over.

Florida said:
Is there a link where the press conference would be on the net since the White House seems to have taken over.

Is it time for Bush to publicly kiss the butt of the Saudis already?

OMG Those poor little babies. I certainly hope Momma is going to jail. For child endangerment if nothing else.

LadyLuck said:
This is so sad, my heart is breaking. I pray that the mother was not involved.

Something tells me the extent of her involvement is not making sure they couldn't get outside. At least I hope that's it. I guess this is a good lesson that tells us that 2 and 3 year olds shouldn't be allowed to play outside, even in a "rural" area. :( :( :( :(

Oh my god :(

When I heard there was a pond there on property... I just felt it in my bones.

Susan Smith all over again - hair bow and all

They ruled out sexual predators very early. Say that there are no outward signs of physical trauma.

Well, I think we all knew they would be in the pond, but as I listen to the PC it sounds like it is NOT the pond next to the house but another one hearby.

At this point it is up in the air whether the children wandered over there and fell in or, possibly, the mother put them there. I hope it is not the latter.

Poor, sweet babies.

When my oldest daughter was 21 months old she was playing on the living room floor. I was doing a few things in the kitchen and looked out the window to see her walking down the sidewalk away from home. I ran and caught her. She was going to the store where we sometimes bought Cokes. I was very careful watching but it only took a few seconds for her to get away. I didn't even know she could open the door. I shudder to think what might have happened if she had gotten a little farther away where she would have been out of sight.

Lots of algae in the pond; made it difficult to see the kids. They saw a bump in the algae, and that's when they discovered the girl. They then found the boy in the same pond.

Cypros said:
At this point it is up in the air whether the children wandered over there and fell in or, possibly, the mother put them there. I hope it is not the latter.

Poor, sweet babies.

Forensically, is there a way they can tell which situation this is?

They are describing this pond as having sewage pumped into it and a coverage of algae (=sanitation pond). Shouldn't the city or county be responsible for fencing in ponds that they use for waste? It may the the city that will be sued for negligence???

Did they just say that the kids were recovered earlier on Saturday after wandering out alone?

said the mother had locked the door, but one of the kids unlocked it.

Cypros said:
They are describing this pond as having sewage pumped into it and a coverage of algae (=sanitation pond). Shouldn't the city or county be responsible for fencing in ponds that they use for waste? It may the the city that will be sued for negligence???

I'm not sure about the city's negligence, but I think the jury would have a hard time separating the mother from her own negligence in this case.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
londontolaw
Back