GA - Jonah, 3, & Nicole Payne, 2, Warrenton, 23 April 2005

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Lesleegp said:
Hmmmmm, money huh? Your kids mysteriously drown in a city-owned "pond"......sue the city for negligence.......amounts to some pretty big bucks...........interesting angle......probably very unlikely, but a thought......

Yes, very interesting. Didn't they live on a wide pond/lake anyway? Why the sewage pond farther away?]

LovelyPigeon said:
I haven''t seen any photos of the holes in the pond fencing that have been described as large enough for a child to go through. Has anyone seen the holes and are they large enough for an adult to go through? I haven't read them described as large enough to allow an adult to pass through.

ON Greta tonight..the cameraman could get though one of them. I just can't see the kids going all that way by themselves...I just can't.

concernedperson said:
...This was in my own home and I couldn't find him and never thought to look under his bed...he had never done that before.

And YOU want to be president?
kittypeeingpants.gif

Just teasing...if I were an American citizen, I'd vote for you, CP!

If it truely was an accident, I wouldnt imagine this mother would really care what the police/prosecution decided to do to her. Would you be able to live with the guilt? Im not sure I would be able to live...period...so worrying about going to jail really wouldnt be a major concern of mine.

Everyone does grieve differently. I would just lose it if anything happened to my children. I couldn't and wouldn't talk on the news like I see some parents do after their child has died. It just boggles my mind that anyone would leave a two year old and three year old alone for 15 minutes. My three year old isn't allowed outside by himself. Not even in my fenced in year. No way..no how.

Timex said:
If it truely was an accident, I wouldnt imagine this mother would really care what the police/prosecution decided to do to her. Would you be able to live with the guilt? Im not sure I would be able to live...period...so worrying about going to jail really wouldnt be a major concern of mine.

I agree. I don't know how anyone could deal with the loss of two young children.

Julie said:
Leaving a 2 and 3 year old alone for 15 minutes is beyond ignorant to me.

Well, then, I suppose we should stay awake all night watching them also. After all, most 2 and 3 yr. olds sleep in their own rooms, and therefore would be unattended for more than 15 min. while they are asleep. They could choke, or wake up and wander the house in the middle of the night, someone could sneak in thier room, they could get tangles in a blinds cord, on and on and on.

lostfaith said:
Well, then, I suppose we should stay awake all night watching them also. After all, most 2 and 3 yr. olds sleep in their own rooms, and therefore would be unattended for more than 15 min. while they are asleep. They could choke, or wake up and wander the house in the middle of the night, someone could sneak in thier room, they could get tangles in a blinds cord, on and on and on.
well first off all the parents I know of 2 of 3 year olds that sleep in their own rooms still have baby monitors.
And can we stick with the topic at hand, please? This was in the evening around 6pm, these kids were not sleeping, they were left alone unattended while thier mom was doing who knows what.
As soon as the parents realized the kids could open the gate, they could've put a stick or something in it, so the handle wouldn't open. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to try and prevent the preventable from happening. I understand kids get taken all the time, accidents happen, but leaving 2 toddlers alone for 15 minutes in the middle of the day when you know they like to open the door and 'escape' is worse than ignorance in my opinion.

My three year old sleeps in my room (in his toddler bed). I am a crazy nut job worry wart. :bang:

Rachael said:
My three year old sleeps in my room (in his toddler bed). I am a crazy nut job worry wart. :bang:

And that is just fine, Rachael, you should do whatever makes you comfortable and secure.

Rachael said:

Ive heard of many parents that do this, and it always leaves me wondering...when do they have time for them...as in, will this be an only child? Would think it would be a bit difficult to "create" another when the toddler is sharing the bedroom.

This just doesn't sit well with me, it seems like a long way for 2 tiny kids to go - but maybe they did think the algae was sold ground, does anyone know HOW DEEP the pond was?
I grew up in a fairly rural area about an hour south of Boston and to this day the town still doesn't have a sewage treatment system! Everyone still has wells and septic systems. So how rural can this area be:waitasec: ?

Timex said:
Ive heard of many parents that do this, and it always leaves me wondering...when do they have time for them...as in, will this be an only child? Would think it would be a bit difficult to "create" another when the toddler is sharing the bedroom.

I would imagine that would be difficult. Sounds like it would be a good excuse too, instead of the old headache standby. Darn, why did I not think of that!! My children slept in my room by my bed in a cradle for about a month or two, then to their own rooms. I found they and I slept better. But, if it makes Rachael or anyone else feel more secure, than that is what they should do.

Brie said:
This just doesn't sit well with me, it seems like a long way for 2 tiny kids to go - but maybe they did think the algae was sold ground, does anyone know HOW DEEP the pond was?
I grew up in a fairly rural about an hour south of Boston and to this day the town still doesn't have a sewage treatment system! Everyone still has wells and septic systems. So how rural can this area be:waitasec: ?

Are towns and cities required to have a fence around these type of things? We have a retention pond, acutally 2 big ones side by side down the block from us. They get water out of them to fill up the fire trucks, I am not sure what else they are used for, but they are not fenced at all.

Rachael said:
Rachael my 3 year old actually still sleeps with us in our bed. lol

Timex said:
Well since our 3 year old actually sleeps with us, let's just say we make use of all the other rooms in the house. :p

lostfaith said:
Are towns and cities required to have a fence around these type of things? We have a retention pond, acutally 2 big ones side by side down the block from us. They get water out of them to fill up the fire trucks, I am not sure what else they are used for, but they are not fenced at all.
THe pond was fenced but there were holes in the fencing that were big enough for a child to crawl through.
I still think it's strange but if there is no evidence of foul play or a stuggle, I guess it was an accident...

Brie said:
THe pond was fenced but there were holes in the fencing that were big enough for a child to crawl through.
I still think it's strange but if there is no evidence of foul play or a stuggle, I guess it was an accident...
I can see how inviting that would look to a small child......an opening right in front of them, just their size. They wouldn't perceive it the way an adult or even an older child would, imo. More their size I guess is what I'm trying to say.

I highly doubt that the mother of those kids is going to be so distraught as to actually kill herself. I imagine that the behavior of the little girl will be further blamed as it was in the interview with the Dad last nite on Nancy Grace. I fell for that at first but realized that the couple was not quite of normal intellect. Now, a whole different story. The parents were visited weekly since 2003 by child services. This is the whole life of the little girl and there the Dad is practically blaming HER for being missing due to being such a "dare devil"! Well, child services visits would have started even before she would be able to get out, so there must have already been problems with the little boy being unsupervised and other things such as the state of the house. Apparently these weekly visits were not enough of a scare to get motivated to watch the kids all the time and never leave them unsupervised. Turns out that The neighbors were right to be so concerned and apparently child services was correct to be so concerned since they spent their time and money to visit for so long. Some people will not listen, and maybe they are not capable of listening and taking proper care of children because they are probably mentally retarded and have the intellect of a child themselves. I feel bad for the mother but she had help available, she had warnings, and she had a warning previously that very day. The children are the victims in all this. If they had escaped from day care or school and this happened, people would show no sympathy. I really do not think that the mother was mentally capable of watching children that had begun to get active.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
saiyasofya
Back