GUILTY GA - Jorelys Rivera, 7, Canton, 2 Dec 2011 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
http://canton.11alive.com/news/news/92865-canton-autopsy-results-expected-murder-jorelys-rivera

^ they will stream live at 1030 (link to the live stream is on the above link) ^

presser:

The CME of the state of GA did the autopsy
COD was blunt force trauma to the headshe was also stabbed and sexually assaulted
there were other injuries that will not be described today
evidence was collected from the child and other locations
prelim dna is expected later today

65 investigators are assigned
have completed several 100 interviews
have done a few multiple reinterviews
they are working on a timeline of the victim

the killer resides in the complex or has access to it, the investigators believe
numerous citizen tips received
lots of valuable info from residents

$15 k reward being offered for arrest and conviction
they have multiple valuable leads
will not talk about suspects
several search warrants have been issued: will not discuss
no reason to think any of the rsos in the apartment did this

believe she was abducted from the playground, taken to a vacant apartment and disposed of in compacting dumspter

they located blood evidence in a vacant apartment that was UNLOCKED (it has been sent for testing)

time of death is 1-1.5 hours after she vanished

the crime was CALCULATED AND PLANNED.. was she targeted? not sure

the building where she lived and the one with the vacant apartment are adjacent.

presser again today? not unless there is breaking news

Paraphrasing, the mother states that she is a good mother and her kids want for nothing. They have a food, a room, basically anything they want. Then the mother asks why this could happen to her daughter. I really feel for her on one hand, but I also think that she is not getting that she left her kids unattended far too often. This may be the VERY reason that Jorelys was targeted. They may have had everything they needed materially, but what they really needed too was attention - a mother. JMHO Not trying to blame a victim here, but...

I hope that Jorelys cause of death - blunt force trama - was first. I hope that she did not suffer the beatings and rape prior to death. I am realistic, but I can always wish that she did not know of the horrible things that happened to her.

If they suspect 1 - 1.5 hours after she was missing, they may have dumped her little body in the dark after LE left for the night. :(

I dont know much about this case, except it seems clear that this was SO and not any parental involvment...can anyone tell me why the younger siblings have been removed?...iam totally confused. Is there something I have missed?

I dont know much about this case, except it seems clear that this was SO and not any parental involvment...can anyone tell me why the younger siblings have been removed?...iam totally confused. Is there something I have missed?

From what I am hearing here locally, the mother has a history with DFACS due to late night parties and lack of supervision..... Supposedly, there was an incident recently with the younger child age 3 wandering around the complex alone after dark. This is all just chatter among the neighbors so it may not be fact. I think I also heard the kids are in protective custody during the investigation...

Has there been any info i may have missed on the dumpster location? Was it secluded? Could comings and goings from the dumpster be easily viewed? I wonder how he concealed her?

No mention of a "daddy" in any of the articles. In an article, one woman said she worked the nightshift with Jorelys' mother. My question: who stayed with the 3 children?

IMO, DFACS removed the kids to safe face because there is possibly a history of neglectful behavior that dfacs didnt act strong enough on. Maybe its also standard procedure to remove children when one they have a file on is murdered.

No mention of a "daddy" in any of the articles. In an article, one woman said she worked the nightshift with Jorelys' mother. My question: who stayed with the 3 children?

I was thinking about that last night. I heard (I think on NG) that mom didn't see Jorely at all on Friday. That by the time mom came home from the night shift at work that the kids were already in school for the day. So, someone had to have been there with them - to get them up, breakfast, ready for school, off to school. Yet, I haven't heard word one about who the children's caretaker was while mom worked the night shift.

Paraphrasing, the mother states that she is a good mother and her kids want for nothing. They have a food, a room, basically anything they want. Then the mother asks why this could happen to her daughter. I really feel for her on one hand, but I also think that she is not getting that she left her kids unattended far too often. This may be the VERY reason that Jorelys was targeted. They may have had everything they needed materially, but what they really needed too was attention - a mother. JMHO Not trying to blame a victim here, but...

I hope that Jorelys cause of death - blunt force trama - was first. I hope that she did not suffer the beatings and rape prior to death. I am realistic, but I can always wish that she did not know of the horrible things that happened to her.

If they suspect 1 - 1.5 hours after she was missing, they may have dumped her little body in the dark after LE left for the night. :(

I don't think LE would have left at any point. I'm sure they were around the whole night.

Was there not a link posted stating somebody notified LE that they had observed a white honda in the area running with nobody in it?

What hour/time was she reported missing? If she was seen around 5pm at the playground, how long did it take to report her missing?

Was there not a link posted stating somebody notified LE that they had observed a white honda in the area running with nobody in it?

Yes, it was in one of the articles I read. Someone reported seeing a white honda left running, but unattended for about an hour near the park.

BBM. I'd venture a guess that for every sex offender who has been caught and registered, there are probably at least 50 who haven't. They are like cockroaches; for every one you see there are 50 more you don't see.

I don't think the person who did this is a garden variety pedophile. While pedophiles are inappropriately attracted to sex with children, they are rarely violent about it. They use trickery and persuasion and grooming to set up their victims. Whoever did this crime has a much darker attraction - an attraction to sadism, rape, and murder. Thankfully, that is a relative rarity among pedophiles and the population in general.

BBM

I agree. If it were a typical pedophile then he would have just groomed her and been happy that she was so often left unsupervised. I would be surprised that he would end her life when he had such a good situation going on. But it is possible that he had been abusing her for awhile, and this time she threatened to tell on him. ?

I don't think LE would have left at any point. I'm sure they were around the whole night.

I'm thinking same. Which leads me to wondering how he concealed poor little Jorely from apt. to possibly a vehicle to dumpster. Easily done tho as we unfortunately read about.

Dad was in Miami working according to news articles.
I haven't seen/heard who was taking care of the children while mom was working.

LE hasn't left the complex since Jorelys was reported missing. They've been working non-stop.

What hour/time was she reported missing? If she was seen around 5pm at the playground, how long did it take to report her missing?

She was reported REALLY quickly.

LE was on the scene by 5:30.

I was thinking about that last night. I heard (I think on NG) that mom didn't see Jorely at all on Friday. That by the time mom came home from the night shift at work that the kids were already in school for the day. So, someone had to have been there with them - to get them up, breakfast, ready for school, off to school. Yet, I haven't heard word one about who the children's caretaker was while mom worked the night shift.

the two youngest kids aren't even school aged.... so is this "teen" out of high school? who was watching the babies during the day while she slept?

this link says that she attended canton ES
http://www.cbsatlanta.com/story/16191206/police-find-missing-7-year-old-canton-child

and this link says that arrival time is 0710 so entirely possible that mom missed her that morning:
http://www.cherokee.k12.ga.us/Schoo...Information/Student Arrival and Departure.pdf

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper