GUILTY GA - Jorelys Rivera, 7, Canton, 2 Dec 2011 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
When I did a screen shot of the Facebook page at 2:11 PM EST there were 353 friends listed. I can't post the picture, so ya'all have to trust me as I have the screen shot. :)

I have the screenshot of 353 friends also...^i^

http://www.mccormackbaron.com/component/sobi2/?sobi2Task=sobi2Details&catid=16&sobi2Id=125

here's another one . . . I have lived in communities such as these but honestly, I don't remember A LOT of children in the buildings, pools, playgrounds, but I bet the leasing agency "segregated" singles from families . . . makes sense!

Whoa!!! Lots of community development around StL

McCormack Baron Ragan
Management Services, Inc.
720 Olive Street, Suite 2500
St. Louis, MO 63101

Our management affiliate, McCormack Baron Ragan Management Services, Inc., recognizes that successful management of mixed-income developments in distressed urban neighborhoods requires a management strategy that acknowledges the unique challenges facing the neighborhood and its residents. Our staff understands the complexities of managing mixed-income housing, possesses the technical expertise to handle multi-layered compliance issues, and offers the personal touch needed to work with residents of diverse backgrounds . . . blah blah blah

and there is a section specific to Maintenance

this specific property was managed by McCormack Baron Ragan Management Services, Inc. & is fee managed only (whatever that means).

Very insightful. "Trying to be cool" perhaps explains the Hollister hoody, as well?

I think so..I am an intuitive person, but really try to base my opinions on facts. I find it interesting that in the perp walk..the officers are both looking in the same direction...the perp is looking at the camera...he's not hiding..it's a feeling of "in your face"...here I am..no regret in that look:( ^i^

BBM- It is my understand that they are partially Section 8 which means only certain units are approved for Sec 8 tenants. Not sure what the law says about RSO's renting those units. I know that here in Canton almost every apartment complex has RSO's living there. That is why I will never live in another apartment ever again.
Registered sex offenders are not allowed vouchers, period. However, the government does not do the background checks - they only make sure the community is compliant in their paperwork and reporting. It's up to the management to qualify prospective residents - I've never read a rental criteria that allowed sex offenders. They may register with the address of the community, but they are likely not on the lease. So it doesn't matter whether part or all of a community is section 8, it's the management company's responsibility to screen and report to the govt. that no sex offenders are applying for an apartment.

He got tons of comments on his posts. Look at the Virginia tech posts. 16 comments and the other one has 13 or something like that. I haven't gone back further than that

I saw those...go to any young 20 or late teen's Facebook..compare the chat topics..the interaction and the sharing that is often done.
I just don't see it on this guy's page. ^i^

Learning something new every day with the right click on the profile pic and see the comments of people who have shared it. He's well known now. And he has a hollister shirt as well.

Wow, that is different than I thought--she wasn't reported missing until 7!!

But the lack of supervision at the playground is what I thought. The babysitter was at the apartment and the two older girls (at least) were allowed to play outside freely.

Most all of the articles posted here yesterday listed her disappearing was called in very early and soon after she was last seen. ;)

BBM- It is my understand that they are partially Section 8 which means only certain units are approved for Sec 8 tenants. Not sure what the law says about RSO's renting those units. I know that here in Canton almost every apartment complex has RSO's living there. That is why I will never live in another apartment ever again.

the Same company deals with Centennial Place Apartments...
and yes they are also sec 8 I think...

http://www.mccormackbaron.com/component/sobi2/?sobi2Task=sobi2Details&catid=2&sobi2Id=85
"Some families make a few thousand dollars a year and some make more than $150,000. But you won’t know which by looking at their housing units. They live side by side in an attractive neighborhood of tree-lined streets"

Our management affiliate, McCormack Baron Ragan Management Services, Inc., recognizes that successful management of mixed-income developments in distressed urban neighborhoods requires a management strategy that acknowledges the unique challenges facing the neighborhood and its residents. Our staff understands the complexities of managing mixed-income housing, possesses the technical expertise to handle multi-layered compliance issues, and offers the personal touch needed to work with residents of diverse backgrounds . . . blah blah blah

and there is a section specific to Maintenance

this specific property was managed by McCormack Baron Ragan Management Services, Inc. & is fee managed only (whatever that means).
Fee managed means they manage for a percentage of net operating income, or occupancy percentage, for one or more investors - usually a group of investors.

the Same company deals with Centennial Place Apartments...
and yes they are also sec 8 I think...

http://www.mccormackbaron.com/component/sobi2/?sobi2Task=sobi2Details&catid=2&sobi2Id=85
"Some families make a few thousand dollars a year and some make more than $150,000. But you won’t know which by looking at their housing units. They live side by side in an attractive neighborhood of tree-lined streets"

In Texas and I thought it was federal there is a law that all rental properties have to have a percentage of units for rent, that are based on income or section 8. It doesn't matter if they are downtown high dollar lofts a certain percent have to be rented based on income. As I said I thought this was a federal regulation.

http://www.mccormackbaron.com/component/sobi2/?sobi2Task=sobi2Details&catid=16&sobi2Id=125

here's another one . . . I have lived in communities such as these but honestly, I don't remember A LOT of children in the buildings, pools, playgrounds, but I bet the leasing agency "segregated" singles from families . . . makes sense!

Whoa!!! Lots of community development around StL

McCormack Baron Ragan
Management Services, Inc.
720 Olive Street, Suite 2500
St. Louis, MO 63101

I DID have issue with one of the maintenance guys while living in northern suburban Chicago. He totally hit on me but did not realize I lived there -- he was FIRED.
Since about 1986 apartment communities would be violating federal law to segregate families and singles. When was the last time you saw "adult" only on an ad for an apartment community, MANY years - unless, of course, it was an assisted living community. Apartment communities are stuck like glue to fair housing laws - which is why you don't see individuals or investors running their own assets, too much liability. If my leasing consultant tells and undercover fair housing investigator something like, "there are a lot of kids in that building, you'd probably like it over here where all the singles live", she or he would put the owner in jeopardy of a huge fine and having all their files audited for other violations!

I saw those...go to any young 20 or late teen's Facebook..compare the chat topics..the interaction and the sharing that is often done.
I just don't see it on this guy's page. ^i^

I'll have to respectfully disagree. I have 2 sons. One is 21 and the other is 22. Both different characters. One is so into the social networking sites, the other one couldn't care less about facebook. He prefers his Iphone, texting and World of Warcraft.

Can someone give me a quick update.. I have been gone all day with hubby at the dr and hospital..just received bad news..came on here hopping they have found the u know what person that done this to this beautiful little girl.

I think so..I am an intuitive person, but really try to base my opinions on facts. I find it interesting that in the perp walk..the officers are both looking in the same direction...the perp is looking at the camera...he's not hiding..it's a feeling of "in your face"...here I am..no regret in that look:( ^i^

I think that is part of why he struck me as looking deranged. He didn't appear upset! Neither remorseful nor upset about being caught, or even angry and defiant, asserting his innocence. Just weird.

Can't believe he's a year younger than my son. My son is a great kid! I have much to be thankful for.

We need to sleuth missing kids in the areas this <modsnip> has lived in the past. Maybe we can help LE save time if they are reviewing WS on this case.

This is a great idea Kimster. I'm not caught up reading, but do we know other places he may have lived, other that Canton, Ga?

Can anyone screenshot his facebook page before it's locked?

I have it copied and pasted into a Word document. It's the best I could do. I don't know how to share it here or anywhere else, but at least I have it documented.

Also somebody mentioned finding a MySpace page from Fredericksburg, VA. He does have several friends from Fredericksburg on his FB page, so there does appear to be a connection to that area.

He lists his hometown as Brooklyn, NY.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member