GA - Katherine Janness, 40, fatally stabbed and dog killed, Piedmont Park, Atlanta, 28 Jul 2021 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it's possible that Bowie was attacked first and that K ran to Bowie. If she knelt down to cradle him, she would have been so vulnerable to attack from behind. In the moment, her thoughts wouldn't be on her own safety but wholly on attending to Bowie.

The crime scene itself would answer for point of first contact, for each of them. The autopsy, order of events.

I hope an arrest is imminent and a conviction, swift.

I wish I could live in a safer world.

And to think, she was just walking her dog.

JMO

I think it's possible that Bowie was attacked first and that K ran to Bowie. If she knelt down to cradle him, she would have been so vulnerable to attack from behind. In the moment, her thoughts wouldn't be on her own safety but wholly on attending to Bowie.

She was stabbed in the back, multiple times, so yes, I think that's how the attack started, with the perpetrator attacking Katherine from behind.

Okay, after watching WS YT with FBI profiler John Douglas, I'd love to see a discussion with him regarding this case! I know he is likely busy on a PR-tour for his new book "When a Killer Calls" but I'm doing another shout-out to @Tricia (please)! ;) Also, he's likely to need some prep materials for this... news reports and autopsy.

Mod Reminder:

To ensure that factual information is discussed on WS, links to MSM reports or LE statements are required for statements made as fact. The exception to this rule is when we have a Verified Insider that is a family member or friend to the victim or missing person.

The Verified Insider process is completely confidential and details can be found here: Verification Process for Professional or Insider Posters

To adhere to the standards WS has in place and best support families/friends any posts stated as fact when someone is not a VI will be removed. Upon completion of the VI process, these posts may be reinstated.

Thanks for your understanding and feel free to use the report feature on this post or PM a Mod/Admin if you have any questions on the VI process. Thanks for helping keep Websleuths amazing!

- Mad

. . . Also, there was DNA on her, it just wasn’t a full sample. There wasn’t enough to test. The investigators literally said that exactly in their press conference. So, he’s not wrong.

That's weird. They need only a very tiny amount of DNA for identification. It's hard to believe they didn't have enough, if they found any. If they didn't find any, (besides maybe Bowie's and Emma's) that's even more strange.

"In its early days, DNA analysis required an evidence sample at least the size of a dime. Today's techniques can amplify the DNA using PCR, making millions of copies from tiny amounts of evidence, such as the saliva from a cigarette butt. This approach is also helpful for analyzing poor-quality DNA in evidence samples collected from dirty crime scenes or in very old samples."

Can DNA Demand a Verdict?

I know this theory has already been squashed by a lot of members of this forum, but I still feel like there's some kind of connection.
Why has it been squashed? As far as I know, nobody has yet been able to determine where SLW was on 7/28 (I think though it’s been established that he was in Cairo, NY in early August). I think that until it is established for certain that he was elsewhere on 7/28, the possibility still exists that he was in Atlanta. There are two Marta stations relatively close to Piedmont Park (The Midtown and Arts Center Stations). It’s known that SLW has taken trains before - LE is saying he took the Tri-Rail from Miami to Palm Beach Gardens and back. I wonder if he took a train when he travelled up to NY?

I think SLW may have lived (or was homeless) in Atlanta for some period of time around 2014-2016 (though I think he jumped bail and was a fugitive in California for some of that time). Addresses associated with him in ATL in the past include: the Atlanta Baptist Rescue Mission on Peters St., and a vacant lot.

I know that an Atlanta judge sentenced SLW in 2016 to time served on the battery charges and told him that part of the sentence was that he had to leave the state and never come back (he was to go live with his mother in Sanford, FL). I’ve read that he didn’t stay long in Sanford.. I think the chances that SLW would take the Atlanta judge’s order seriously (to stay out of the state) would be ‘slim and none’.

There are some similarities between KJ’s murder and RR’s murder down in Palm Beach Gardens. In KJ’s murder, I think most people believe that the perp will end up being from one of two categories: either somebody who knew KJ well, or a complete stranger (a mentally disturbed person - perhaps a homeless individual suffering from paranoid delusions).

A Fox News article from Dec 3 reported that in some of SLW’s videos he accused people of following him, and claimed that private citizens were conspiring and terrorizing him. “They’re doing illegal following”. In one video (titled ‘First Blood 1982’), the narrator claims that “unknown women are following him”. “You know, prostitutes that set guys up to get killed.”

Also from the Fox News article: “They are also reading my mind through my ears”. Headphones (containing SLW’s DNA) were found at the Palm Beach Gardens crime scene. A single earphone was found close to KJ’s head in Piedmont Park.

In another video (as reported by Fox News) , SLW claims police and civilians have repeatedly kidnapped him and that “perpetrators were mutilating his face”. Both KJ and RR were stabbed and slashed (mutilated) “in the head and face” areas. And both crimes appear to have been ambush style attacks in park-like areas (with trees) at night. I am wondering what RR’s autopsy will show (if his wounds were in any way similar to KJ’s).

Obviously, all of this is just a shot in the dark. But SLW definitely fits one of the two categories I mentioned at the top of this (way too long!) post: that of a mentally ill homeless person suffering from paranoid delusions and having a history of random violence who thought people (including unknown women) were illegally following him, stalking him, reading his mind through his ears, mutilating his face, and trying to set him up to be killed). He also has been in ATL before and its likely that he would be familiar with Piedmont Park. The murder in Palm Beach Gardens occurred just 3 1/2 months after the murder in Piedmont Park. On the night of the RR murder (again according to Fox News), in one alarming clip, the narrator said: “my next movie gonna be Blade 3:16”

I have other circumstantial evidence (incl about the markings on KJ) which I think might further support a theory that the Piedmont Park and Palm Beach Garden crimes were committed by the same individual. Some of it remains pretty out there though, and it definitely has not been mentioned in MSM.

All speculation and opinion

ETA: And although the timing doesn’t work any better than it did when we previously discussed it here, I still wonder who the “possible suspect” was who was wearing what appeared to be a blood-stained white tee shirt and carrying an offset cane and phone while exiting the Piedmont and 12th St. gate. I wonder if he ever came in and talked to LE? Again, the time on the CCTV seems a few minutes too soon based on KJ being in the rainbow intersection at 12:09.. And why would a perp choose to go out a main gate when he could exit the park at almost any location? And why would he wear white - unless KJ’s murder was spontaneous and possibly fear-based? Maybe she was seen as a threat. Idk. More speculation.

I pray for justice for KJ and Bowie. I want the monster who murdered them off the streets, forever. Hopefully APD is close.

Last edited:
Why has it been squashed? As far as I know, nobody has yet been able to determine where SLW was on 7/28 (I think though it’s been established that he was in Cairo, NY in early August). I think that until it is established for certain that he was elsewhere on 7/28, the possibility still exists that he was in Atlanta. There are two Marta stations relatively close to Piedmont Park (The Midtown and Arts Center Stations). It’s known that SLW has taken trains before - LE is saying he took the Tri-Rail from Miami to Palm Beach Gardens and back. I wonder if he took a train when he travelled up to NY?

I think SLW may have lived (or was homeless) in Atlanta for some period of time around 2014-2016 (though I think he jumped bail and was a fugitive in California for some of that time). Addresses associated with him in ATL in the past include: the Atlanta Baptist Rescue Mission on Peters St., and a vacant lot.

I know that an Atlanta judge sentenced SLW in 2016 to time served on the battery charges and told him that part of the sentence was that he had to leave the state and never come back (he was to go live with his mother in Sanford, FL). I’ve read that he didn’t stay long in Sanford.. I think the chances that SLW would take the Atlanta judge’s order seriously (to stay out of the state) would be ‘slim and none’.

There are some similarities between KJ’s murder and RR’s murder down in Palm Beach Gardens. In KJ’s murder, I think most people believe that the perp will end up being from one of two categories: either somebody who knew KJ well, or a complete stranger (a mentally disturbed person - perhaps a homeless individual suffering from paranoid delusions).

A Fox News article from Dec 3 reported that in some of SLW’s videos he accused people of following him, and claimed that private citizens were conspiring and terrorizing him. “They’re doing illegal following”. In one video (titled ‘First Blood 1982’), the narrator claims that “unknown women are following him”. “You know, prostitutes that set guys up to get killed.”

Also from the Fox News article: “They are also reading my mind through my ears”. Headphones (containing SLW’s DNA) were found at the Palm Beach Gardens crime scene. A single earphone was found close to KJ’s head in Piedmont Park.

In another video (as reported by Fox News) , SLW claims police and civilians have repeatedly kidnapped him and that “perpetrators were mutilating his face”. Both KJ and RR were stabbed and slashed (mutilated) “in the head and face” areas. And both crimes appear to have been ambush style attacks in park-like areas (with trees) at night. I am wondering what RR’s autopsy will show (if his wounds were in any way similar to KJ’s).

Obviously, all of this is just a shot in the dark. But SLW definitely fits one of the two categories I mentioned at the top of this (way too long!) post: that of a mentally ill homeless person suffering from paranoid delusions and having a history of random violence who thought people (including unknown women) were illegally following him, stalking him, reading his mind through his ears, mutilating his face, and trying to set him up to be killed). He also has been in ATL before and its likely that he would be familiar with Piedmont Park. The murder in Palm Beach Gardens occurred just 3 1/2 months after the murder in Piedmont Park. On the night of the RR murder (again according to Fox News), in one alarming clip, the narrator said: “my next movie gonna be Blade 3:16”

I have other circumstantial evidence (incl about the markings on KJ) which I think might further support a theory that the Piedmont Park and Palm Beach Garden crimes were committed by the same individual. Some of it remains pretty out there though, and it definitely has not been mentioned in MSM.

ETA: And although the timing doesn’t work any better than it did when we previously discussed it here, I still wonder who the “possible suspect” was who was wearing what appeared to be a blood-stained white tee shirt and carrying an offset cane and phone while exiting the Piedmont and 12th St. gate. I wonder if he ever came in and talked to LE? Again, the time on the CCTV seems a few minutes too soon based on KJ being in the rainbow intersection at 12:09.. And why would a perp choose to go out a main gate when he could exit the park at almost any location? And why would he wear white - unless KJ’s murder was spontaneous and possibly fear-based? Maybe she was seen as a threat. Idk. More speculation.

I pray for justice for KJ and Bowie. I want the monster who murdered them off the streets, forever. Hopefully APD is close.

Can you tell us where are these videos you reference? I would like to see them or at least listen. I don't know who this potential suspect is, "SLW"

<Modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:

No offense directed at the homeless or mentally ill, but I just wonder if this SLW (whom I am unfamiliar with) is literate. I only ask because we do have F-A-T carved into the body.

SBM
This article re accused murderer of Ryan Rogers, Semmie Lee Williams, is very long (longer than your post haha, jk:D) but answers alot of questions. Snipped a few points of the article that IMO are interesting.
nav_hamburger.svg

Subscribe

Mental illness, violent outbursts, fearful videos marked trail of man charged with killing Ryan Rogers

A Georgia court placed Semmie Williams in a program to deal with his mental-health issues. His path after he completed it took him to South Florida.

GERARD ALBERT III | PALM BEACH POST | 6:36 am EST December 28, 2021

ce3b9d9c-64fd-40e2-a151-1daee523a914-b660cdc8-ae8b-44c6-9050-cb283667f7aa_thumbnail.png

What happened to Ryan Rogers? Rob Landers with Palm Beach Post recaps events that led to 14-year-old's tragic death just 2 weeks before Thanksgiving
ROB LANDERS, PALM BEACH POST

PALM BEACH GARDENS — Seven years before 14-year-old Ryan Rogers crossed the path of Semmie Lee Williams here in Palm Beach Gardens, a 65-year-old Georgia man named Dennis Brincks was walking down a street north of Atlanta when a stranger ran up behind him.

[iframe src="[URL="https://d5625d6f3d34ef06b52f15abf1e16d04.safeframe.googlesyndication.com/safeframe/1-0-38/html/container.html?n=0"]SafeFrame Container[/URL]" name="1-0-38;25669;

Palm Beach Gardens Police Chief Clinton Shannon described Williams as a "violent criminal" and "a monster."

He first appeared in court records in October 2004, when police say he threw his mother to the ground after an argument and put his hand over her mouth to keep her from screaming.

The court’s first response was to send him back to Florida, where it was hoped that family members could provide the support needed to address psychiatric issues that apparently had driven years of drifting and domestic violence charges. But with a restraining order against him there that had been brought by Williams’ own mother, another solution was needed.

ACT programs are voluntary. Williams, however, was under court order to complete his probation in the program. In 2020, he did, according to Georgia court records.

Last edited:
I know this theory has already been squashed by a lot of members of this forum, but I still feel like there's some kind of connection.
I’m not ready to dismiss this theory either. The only reasoning I’ve personally seen tossed out there (as to why he’s not a viable suspect) has something to do with a judge that banned him from the state years ago?Well… that means diddly squat to me. Clearly, this guy has zero regard for the unspoken and innate rules that govern our basic humanity — much less the laws that govern our society. I very much doubt that he cares what some Judge Joe Schmo banned him from doing. I need something better than that.

I watched as many of his youtube videos as I could before they were all taken down. In addition to the strange earbud connection and the "white women stalking him"... he also referenced "black dogs" several times. He was seen harassing people who were walking dogs in public parks. He also made numerous references to the colors black and yellow. He said people who wore those colors were out to get him and racist. I don't know what logo was on KJ's t-shirt, but the actual shirt looked black in the photo. And as previously mentioned-- the face mutilation is eerily similar (IMO). Police say he stabbed Ryan Rogers numerous times in the face and head. And in the youtube diary, SW said he was being kidnapped and his face mutilated and implanted with a tracker or something. I wish I could link all the individual clips I'm referencing, but they were all taken down. I found this story with a few of the recordings.

I don't know if these facts are connected: Bladed weapon training teaches a "clock method" of attack. KJ's autopsy report also describes her wounds using a clock system (wounds at 1 to 7 o'clock, 2 to 8 o'clock, 3 to 9 o'clock, etc). All that knife work seems too practiced for an opportunistic attack. This seems like deeply personal, premeditated overkill.

Keep in mind that neither APD nor the FBI has warned the public about a possible serial killer in the wake of KJ and B's deaths.

I really don't understand why the information about DNA is not released. Do the police not have ANY? Not one speck of DNA? At least a starting point? They can't identify if the killer was male or female?

This is what I could find from an early January news story. I don't think it's the official statement of the APD.

"There is no full sample of DNA, there is no DNA from what I know to test, so this is really going to be a case, I think, where old school detective work where leather hits the pavement," said retired Atlanta homicide detective Vince Velazquez, who consulted with the lead detective on this case."

'We are getting close': Atlanta police say Piedmont Park murder investigation still 'very active'

So, if there is no DNA to work with, that is, in and of itself, an interesting clue. Someone worked very hard to leave no trace. Doesn't seem like a random crazy person INMO.

It does seem rather astonishing that between the potential for Bowie defending himself and the amount of stabbing that this person did that they did not leave any DNA either from a cut or even touch DNA. Seems almost unbelievable really.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ava l