GA - Katherine Janness, 40, fatally stabbed and dog killed, Piedmont Park, Atlanta, 28 Jul 2021 #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
<modsnip: Quoted post was removed>

Well I think what people don’t understand is that they are going to DNA swab everyone and anyone who knew KJ. Rather they have DNA on her or not. At the time they were swabbing, they were still collecting evidence. They swab because there MAY be a chance of them finding DNA on her, so they are just being precautious. This is all part of a murder investigation.

Also, there was DNA on her, it just wasn’t a full sample. There wasn’t enough to test. The investigators literally said that exactly in their press conference. So, he’s not wrong.
The police can't get a swab from anyone that doesn't voluntarily consent to it, other than convicted people that have already had to submit samples.

<modsnip: Quoted post was removed>

Well I think what people don’t understand is that they are going to DNA swab everyone and anyone who knew KJ. Rather they have DNA on her or not. At the time they were swabbing, they were still collecting evidence. They swab because there MAY be a chance of them finding DNA on her, so they are just being precautious. This is all part of a murder investigation.

Also, there was DNA on her, it just wasn’t a full sample. There wasn’t enough to test. The investigators literally said that exactly in their press conference. So, he’s not wrong.

It is not accurate that “that they are going to DNA swab everyone and anyone who knew KJ.” LE can certainly request DNA, but are not entitled to stick a q-tip in anyone’s mouth without a warrant (ie probable cause).

It is not accurate that “that they are going to DNA swab everyone and anyone who knew KJ.” LE can certainly request DNA, but are not entitled to stick a q-tip in anyone’s mouth without a warrant (ie probable cause).
Yes, that is obvious. I didn’t mean for it to sound like they’re just grabbing people and swabbing them. What I’m saying is, they are asking for dna samples from people close to KJ. JC already said that his entire family was swabbed and also KJs male co workers.

The police can't get a swab from anyone that doesn't voluntarily consent to it, other than convicted people that have already had to submit samples.
Yes, I know, that is like crime 101. I never said they were grabbing random strangers off the streets. JC himself said many people have given dna samples already. (People close to KJ). The post was meant to be interpreted that APD is going to ask for dna samples from anyone who they believe was close to her, maybe her co workers, male friends, etc. Because they already have done that….

It’s been 6 months since Katie & Bowie were brutally murdered on July 28th of last year.
I’d quietly hoped that perhaps the FBI or APD would decide to briefly address this today, &/or possibly even take the opportunity to release more information to the public to help get this case solved.
I understand that there’s a necessary, meticulous process in these types of investigations — but I also know how much the community (locally & beyond) cares about these victims, & how anxious we are for some answers. It’s frustrating & heartbreaking that their case remains unresolved after all this time.

Here’s hoping that there will be some semblance of justice for Katie & her sweet Bowie in the near future.

I am anxious for answers and justice for Katie and Bowie.
I would like to know the results of Bowie’ necropsy,
where the assault began, the dna info…after 6 months APD and FBI have these answers and more. They have training and experience and access to databases, and they have not been able to make an arrest. Imo they do not know who the killer is at this point. So, does this indicate an experienced killer who had a plan in advance, knew the camera situation and how to exit the crime scene without being noticed? Or did the killer act spur of the moment and somehow went unseen and did all of those cuts without leaving dna?
Do the investigators know what kind of killer this is? Could they share that with the public without compromising the investigation?

Was there any string of unsolved animal mutilation cases in Atlanta before Katherine's murder? Murderers with penchant for extensive mutilation like to train on animals first, also that may be how the murderer was able to kill Katherine's dog without getting bitten. He practised it before.

Was there any string of unsolved animal mutilation cases in Atlanta before Katherine's murder? Murderers with penchant for extensive mutilation like to train on animals first, also that may be how the murderer was able to kill Katherine's dog without getting bitten. He practised it before.
Yes, there were and some parts of the animal(s) were found in the Chattahoochee.

I can’t help but keep thinking whomever did this didn’t finish with the message that they intended to carve on Katie’s body. Maybe they meant to carve “FATE”? Can anyone tell from reading the autopsy if there was any type of pattern to Katie’s wounds? With respect to her face, the autopsy says, “At least fifteen intersecting incised wounds extend from the forehead to the chin.” But I pretty much get lost with trying to interpret/visualize anything after that. I ask because the Norse symbol for “fate” is a bunch of intersecting lines (google “norse symbol of fate”). I know it’s reaching, but everything about this murder is so creepy and strange.

I can’t help but keep thinking whomever did this didn’t finish with the message that they intended to carve on Katie’s body. Maybe they meant to carve “FATE”? Can anyone tell from reading the autopsy if there was any type of pattern to Katie’s wounds? With respect to her face, the autopsy says, “At least fifteen intersecting incised wounds extend from the forehead to the chin.” But I pretty much get lost with trying to interpret/visualize anything after that. I ask because the Norse symbol for “fate” is a bunch of intersecting lines (google “norse symbol of fate”). I know it’s reaching, but everything about this murder is so creepy and strange.
Very interesting, welcome to Ws ChickenFoot!
Norse Symbols - Norse Meanings - Graphic and Meanings of Norse Symbols (symbolikon.com)

Did we ever find out how Bowie died? I don’t think they ever released the results of his necropsy or even stated how he was killed, but I could be totally wrong on this — I’d been assuming he was also stabbed, but now not sure… seems like a taser or another weapon that might’ve allowed some distance could have been involved. Ugh so many details are still so vague & weird.
jmo

Did we ever find out how Bowie died? I don’t think they ever released the results of his necropsy or even stated how he was killed, but I could be totally wrong on this — I’d been assuming he was also stabbed, but now not sure… seems like a taser or another weapon that might’ve allowed some distance could have been involved. Ugh so many details are still so vague & weird.
jmo
I agree with you about the taser.

I continue to think that there are similarities between KJ’s murder and the recent murder of Ryan Rogers down in Palm Beach Gardens. The suspect in that case was once charged (in 2004) with carrying a concealed electric weapon.

All just speculation

ME Report states a blue-black wireless ear bud was found adjacent to right ear. I don't think Apple AirPods come in blue-black.

I'm amazed the earbud was recovered given the extreme amount of trauma to her head and neck.

These sound like Samsung earbuds. Those are expensive, and I'm not sure if they have trackers the way that Apple pods does. Maybe that's why they weren't taken?

jmo

Tazered dog would squeal. Loudly. That's something the perpetrator would want to avoid.

Many pits are superfriendly towards people and love being pet. If Bowie was running around the park without the leash, the perpetrator could easily lure him away from Katherine and dispose him fast, without being bitten. Then he would attack her. Now, we know he mutilated Katherine's body very extensively, inflicting some wounds even after her death. I think it is possible he dragged her body from the point of the initial attack deeper into the park, to avoid being immediately spotted and that's why Katherine was found in such a distance from Bovie.

Tazered dog would squeal. Loudly. That's something the perpetrator would want to avoid.

Many pits are superfriendly towards people and love being pet. If Bowie was running around the park without the leash, the perpetrator could easily lure him away from Katherine and dispose him fast, without being bitten. Then he would attack her. Now, we know he mutilated Katherine's body very extensively, inflicting some wounds even after her death. I think it is possible he dragged her body from the point of the initial attack deeper into the park, to avoid being immediately spotted and that's why Katherine was found in such a distance from Bovie.

He or she or they.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member