GA GA - Katherine Janness & Dog Bowie Fatally Stabbed - Piedmont Park, Atlanta, 2021 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
have been reading this thread off and on since it happened....

LE would have to investigate family and her partner because so many times it is family/partners that commit murder. That aside, choices of perp:

1. person that knew KJ & the dog and
a. disliked them
b. was jealous
c. was prejudiced
2. person who wanted to kill some one and
did not mind taking out a large dog too (thrill kill,
power trip)
3. person for whom KJ and B conjured up a
memory so bad (superficial resemblance to ex, bad step
mom, etc.) that the person acted out
4. gang type violence- need to impress

The carving seems personal though it could be something that the perp was called or it could just be derision at the psychopath level. It apparently has not happened again, so....??? All IMO. Really thought, as with Delphi, that whomever did this would have been sloppy and left clues. IMO.

Am I the only local for whom Piedmont Park
is still a hard-pass? ATL Symphony was there last Thursday for an outdoor show, just down the hill from where Katie & Bowie were found…ummm…no thank you. Too much unresolved energy there.

Arrest their killers already.
Justice for Katie and Bowie!
No, you aren’t! I know of several caring people who knew Katie well and cannot bear to go there. It IS about respect. And definitely the negative energy.

IMO only. Pure speculation.
I worked in restaurants/bars in my 20s, and there's just a lot of weirdness in that world and I just can't dismiss the feeling that it's someone she may have worked with briefly, like a busser or kitchen staff.

(For example, we had a guy who bussed tables for one day before getting fired and he came back the next day and slashed a bunch of people's tires, who didn't have anything to do with him getting fired.)

@PrairieWind

I imagine a lot of folks feel the same as you.
Yet I lived on the park for a very long time and it’s not at all uncommon to cut through/skirt the parks edges after dark, etc.

Many of us have done exactly what Katie likely did in terms of being there on a weeknight and thought absolutely nothing of it.

@PrairieWind

I imagine a lot of folks feel the same as you.
Yet I lived on the park for a very long time and it’s not at all uncommon to cut through/skirt the parks edges after dark, etc.

Many of us have done exactly what Katie likely did in terms of being there on a weeknight and thought absolutely nothing of it.
Thank you.

Thank you!
From link.. Is this new info? rbbm
''He says one of the first things that stood out to him was the brutality of the crime.

Janness’ private areas were also mutilated by her attacker.

“If you see that type of behavior, then that is most often associated with some strong sexual desires or gratification by an offender,” he said. “If this was some type of lust murderer that’s driven by his fantasies to murder people and is sexually excited by that, then typically, most often in those cases, the victim is unknown to the offender.”

Atlanta police are planning to update the public on the status of Janness’ case on Friday.''

Thank you!
From link.. Is this new info? rbbm
''He says one of the first things that stood out to him was the brutality of the crime.

Janness’ private areas were also mutilated by her attacker.

“If you see that type of behavior, then that is most often associated with some strong sexual desires or gratification by an offender,” he said. “If this was some type of lust murderer that’s driven by his fantasies to murder people and is sexually excited by that, then typically, most often in those cases, the victim is unknown to the offender.”

Atlanta police are planning to update the public on the status of Janness’ case on Friday.''

From the autopsy report, I remember reading that one breast was mutilated and actually displaced from its anatomical position on the body. In addition, her disemboweling wound involved her mons pubis area. For this reason, as soon as I read the autopsy report I started saying that I doubted this was a "crime of passion" type of attack from someone who knew her and just happened to be mad at her. I thought , and still do, that the types of wounds indicated an offender who was "playing," or receiving gratification from the attack.

ETA new thread for the other murder victim referenced in the new articles..

July 28 2023 rbbm
''ATLANTA — The Atlanta Police Department's homicide unit is providing an update Friday on two separate murder cases.
APD said it's holding a press conference Friday at 11 a.m. at its headquarters to give new details on the violent deaths of Katie Janness, 40, and Prince Oluzor, 38.
Friday marks exactly two years since Janness was stabbed to death at Piedmont Park.

11Alive will stream the update on our YouTube Channel and in the video player above.''

Last edited:
From the autopsy report, I remember reading that one breast was mutilated and actually displaced from its anatomical position on the body. In addition, her disemboweling wound involved her mons pubis area. For this reason, as soon as I read the autopsy report I started saying that I doubted this was a "crime of passion" type of attack from someone who knew her and just happened to be mad at her. I thought , and still do, that the types of wounds indicated an offender who was "playing," or receiving gratification from the attack.
I can't remember some of those things. I maybe will try to find the autopsy report and re-read it. or listen to that Joseph Scott Morgan podcast about it.

AUTOPSY REPORT AT LINK..

July 28, 2023
''ATLANTA — "Nothing is too small." That was the message Friday from Atlanta Police as they marked two years into the investigation of the violent stabbing murder of Katie Janness at Piedmont Park.
APD held a morning press conference at its headquarters to give new details on the deaths of Janness, 40, as well as 38-year-old Prince Oluzor in a separate case.

Friday, July 28, marked exactly two years since Janness was stabbed to death at Piedmont Park.
"Our gut feeling we have to go off of when providing tips," APD implored the public. "Let us investigate them."
There were no new specific details in the case, and there has still never been a suspect named. The vicious stabbing of Janness and her dog Bowie while she was out on a late-night walk near Piedmont Park deeply shook the Midtown and broader Atlanta community when it happened.
Atlanta Investigator Churchill remains the lead detective on the case, and has been in that role since Day 1. He said Friday he has returned to the case for one reason or another every week the last two years, continuing to work every lead.
"Every week there's something going on with this case," he said. "No days have went unanswered, so we're working on it."
He said he speaks with Janness' mother once a week about the case.
APD added that it is not considered a cold case, and that they regularly work and solve cases even older than this one.''

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back