GUILTY GA - Lauren Giddings, 27, Macon, 26 June 2011 # 7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
http://angelanalyzes.tumblr.com/

The e-mail exhange is on this site. I am not sure where else to find it.

ETA: Not to taunt you, SDT, if you can't access that site, but I thought the exchange really illuminated some aspects of SM's character.

http://angelanalyzes.tumblr.com/post/8100875108/mcdaniel-mass-email-exchange-with-mercer-students

It's in a text format, see title above-
http://angelanalyzes.tumblr.com/post/8100875108/mcdaniel-mass-email-exchange-with-mercer-students

Story not posted yet at ...

link: http://www.13wmaz.com/ ...

but will be a little later, I'm sure: Macon news 13WMAZ just aired (at 6) an interview with Stephen's lawyer, Floyd Buford. Gist is that they are hiring a private investigator to check out the "MM" angle and some other matters.

Here's something I think is odd - in the article I posted upstream, the fellow student stated that there was nothing going on at Barrister's Hall on his way to the session (and we know police didn't arrive until 9ish and discovered Lauren's remains around 9:40 A.M.). Now, the obvious guess as to why McD placed the torso in the bin so close was out of panic/time constraints. I assumed that would've been bc people/police were around. However, given this witness statement, that is not the case. While I think McD was probably not tired from the search and resting and missing the session, why would he have not used that time to dispose of the remains somewhere else? Was it for more sinister purposes that have been speculated as to why he kept her remains? Seeing as to how he disposed of her other remains in a way that haven't been found, why did he not use this window of time to put them somewhere other than right beside the apartment? Was he that over confident that he would not be caught? I can't imagine so as the other remains were not found and there was a high risk that this would be, considering how close they were.

Or did he maybe have some sort of psychological issue/break toward the end? That could definitely lend to the multiple personality theory that others have raised.

It could be that he just wanted one last moment with her.
It's also quite possible that he had some kind of nervous breakdown toward the end, but honestly I would think that considering what a task master he was, he would have sublimated any nerves he was experiencing by exercising that control over his circumstances as he methodically went about doing what he had been so good at, disposing of her remains. That would have soothed him as it reaffirmed his sense of having control over the situation.

The question GM asked McD above; Was it just a random question, asked by a Mom who wondered if she might one day have a DIL? Or was she subtly asking about his sexual orientation?

I still wonder why she used Lauren as an example in her question? Did McD talk about Lauren a lot to his family?

Interesting to ponder, definitely. When I have been theorizing in the direction of SM being the perp (and yes, I do that, as well as the alternative), I have even wondered if her question might have in some way "targeted" Lauren for SM. Doubt it, and surely hope not ...but I have wondered.

but will be a little later, I'm sure: Macon news 13WMAZ just aired (at 6) an interview with Stephen's lawyer, Floyd Buford. Gist is that they are hiring a private investigator to check out the "MM" and some other angles.

Curiouser and curiouser. I guess we'll see the link later. I hope they have evidence beyond what we have heard. While it is troubling, it isn't conviction worthy yet. Even the hacksaw packaging. Was it just sitting there out in the open like it was recently used, or was it a piece of cardboard under some model car to keep glue and paint from dripping? Without context, we don't really know what it means. I hate that. Not knowing leaves it still a little open. I guess we will hear it in court. I am impatient. I want to know NOW. :waiting:

The question GM asked McD above; Was it just a random question, asked by a Mom who wondered if she might one day have a DIL? Or was she subtly asking about his sexual orientation?

I still wonder why she used Lauren as an example in her question? Did McD talk about Lauren a lot to his family?

IMO since I have a son and have asked him similar questions the reason Mrs. McD asked it is exactly because he spoke of her so often to his mother. I still believe he was fixated on Lauren; he loved her and wanted her but he may have hated her, too- the photos I've seen of her with guys show generally athletic, handsome, clean-cut young men. She was everything Stephen wasn't: strong, athletic, blond, gorgeous, popular, well-known and respected by her peers. He adored her but knew he couldn't have her, at least not in the traditional way. And her leaving him at the end of these law school years and his knowing he'd probably never see her again was the trigger that made him go over the edge. By God, he'd have her for himself in the only way he could get her: murder. The clock was ticking.

I keep waiting to hear about deviant behavior at a younger age. Not necessarily violence, but deviance. Some things have began being discussed, sadly, without context it is hard to tell. My daughter's best friend used to hiss at people all the time. Drove me nuts, but she isn't a killer now. It was something from some stupid show she used to watch. For a while, my daughter even did it. :p And the fingernail thing goes with what a lot of kids into the gothic phase liked. I never read he intentionally scratched people. I am wondering where these stories are.

Also, I am curious about his interest in other areas. Does anyone know if McD had interest in vampires or werewolves? There is a culture of people who are deep into that lifestyle. Some of them are really creepy, going as far as drinking blood. Some may even go further. If he has that in his past, it could help identify where the realm of this kind of crime developed. There are other ways it can develop. I am trying to go through them based on what we can find. I haven't heard this as an option. With the long nails and such, it does pop in my mind as feasible.

I am trying to understand how a young man on the path to a bright future could slip into such darkness.

I can tell you as a loving mother of two children that I would be seriously concerned if either of them spoke like an elf, grew their fingernails long and scratched people and hissed at others. I don't care if it was a popular thing to do or not. Something is wrong there. Parents who continue to make excuses for their children and inappropriate behavior breed adults like this. They grow up never knowing and understanding the cause and effect relationship. JMO.

I thought it was just a video game. I didn't know he was into the lifestyle about zombies. What do people who are into the zombie apocalypse lifestyle do? I have read about the vampire and werewolf lifestyle people, but this one is new to me. Do they practice being a zombie?

I am pretty obsessed with zombies myself, but unlike McD apparently, I don't genuinely believe a zombie outbreak is imminent [probably some of his schizotypal thinking at play there?
However, my cousin and I, as avid fans of the genre, collect weapons that would be ideal for "zombie combat" lol. We collect samurai swords, machetes sharpened to perfection, crossbows, guns, and even a really cool scythe. For fun, we strategize about how to make the perfect zombie shelter, especially in a pinch, and if we took it even further we'd stock up on supplies "just in case" lol. But we are also into just plain old survivalism and "prepping" which also involves stocking up on supplies, learning how to be makeshift engineers and electricians, etc. :silly:

When I was in school, we had a running joke about Zombie Preparedness that was treated with complete seriousness.

Because zombies are not a laughing matter. If the zombie apocalypse came right now, in this bar or this classroom, etc., what would you grab for a weapon, and what would your escape plan be? You have ten seconds to answer. If you give the wrong answer, you are not invited to be on my zombie survival team. Make a decision, quick!

... Maybe McD was doing something similar? Only completely by himself, so it made him seem even more like a freak than we did. :rolleyes:

I love that game! I wish I went to Mercer because I can never find anyone here who gets into it like I do, lol.

Though I can't agree at this point with all that you say (I think our basic working perspectives on the case are different), I consider this a very good post that raises some interesting possibilities.

Well, this changes moment to moment. I am just as confused and trying to think of anything to explain such a bizarre and senseless situation.

I am pretty obsessed with zombies myself, but unlike McD apparently, I don't genuinely believe a zombie outbreak is imminent [probably some of his schizotypal thinking at play there?
However, my cousin and I, as avid fans of the genre, collect weapons that would be ideal for "zombie combat" lol. We collect samurai swords, machetes sharpened to perfection, crossbows, guns, and even a really cool scythe. For fun, we strategize about how to make the perfect zombie shelter, especially in a pinch, and if we took it even further we'd stock up on supplies "just in case" lol. But we are also into just plain old survivalism and "prepping" which also involves stocking up on supplies, learning how to be makeshift engineers and electricians, etc. :silly:

angel, I know you have a lot of input from contacts beyond this forum, so not quibbling, just wanting to know: You are convinced that he did "genuinely believe a zombie outbreak is imminent"?

Ever since day one, LE's tactic seems to have been "stall, stall, stall".
To me, this certainly seems like a convenient continuation of this tactic.
IMO, this has been done to give the FBI lab all the time possible to process evidence.
They apparently got some of this back, but according to LG's father,
they are looking for DNA evidence to directly tie SM to the crime.
http://www.13wmaz.com/news/article/...ather-Police-Lean-Toward-McDaniel-as-Suspect-
I guess it's bothering me that they seem to still be waiting for this.

I have no doubt they have what they need for probable cause at the commitment hearing.
But, are they concerned they may not have enough for the Grand Jury indictment?
This also seems to play into all the discussion here about LE taking a "no comment"
stance on questions about DD/MM.
If they were confident they have enough evidence at this point, why would they not
simply come out and unequivocally clear this man's name?

Is it possible that SM cleaned up so well that the DA might have to convict him on circumstantial evidence alone?

Is this why they decided those scratches on the tub were worth actually removing the tub?

Questions, questions... I guess I've just had an uneasy feeling all day... :dunno:

IMO the LE has a mountain of forensic evidence. They are just playing close to the vest.
And I have posted this in an earlier thread, so forgive me but it bears repeating:

A quote from the famous prosecutor and author, Vincent Bugliosi: "Circumstantial evidence has erroneously come to be associated in the public mind and vernacular with a weak case. ('Oh, that's just circumstantial evidence.') But nothing could be further from the truth. In fact, most first degree murder cases are based on circumstantial evidence. This is so because other than eye-witness testimony (and in some jurisdictions, a confession), which is direct evidence, all other evidence, even fingerprints and DNA, is circumstantial evidence."

Oh. My. God. I just read the email exchange for the first time and that was a lot more interesting than I expected. I simultaneously feel bad for him and am cheering on some of the other students. I don't know if this is accurate, but it also helps me think about how he may relate to the other students in the program. Depending on the evidence, I can definitely see the type of story the prosecutors may try to paint.

Sounds more like prepping than attacking. That I get. It didn't help that the CDC came out with the Zombie Apocalypse info.

I was thinking if he were into the vampire or werewolf thing, it might involve blood, or even eating parts.

@theengineer -- I was wondering if he was scratching people on purpose, or accidentally with his nails. I haven't seen that verified anywhere. As for hissing and talking strange, I don't know how old your kids are, but they all get stupid at times and get into things we roll our eyes at. God help us if they come out with any stupider shows that creates some other strange habit. If it was a period of time, then no biggie. Think of all the Trekkies out there speaking Klingon. Or DragonCon people. If you don't know what that is, you are missing out! I would consider those last two (hissing and Elvin language) incredibly annoying, but not indicative of becoming a killer. The scratching would depend on if it was accidental, playful scratching at people but not hurting them, or deep scratching drawing blood.

I love that game! I wish I went to Mercer because I can never find anyone here who gets into it like I do, lol.

LOL! Sadly, I can name several there. And don't even get me into the D&D groups there.

Story just up at Macon news 13WMAZ web site:

Quote:
Stephen McDaniel's Attorney To Hire Private Investigator
"The family of Stephen McDaniel, who is accused of killing his former law school classmate, Lauren Giddings, plans to hire a private investigator to check into allegations made in the case. ..."

for more see link: http://www.13wmaz.com/news/article/...Daniels-Attorney-To-Hire-Private-Investigator

(includes video)

but will be a little later, I'm sure: Macon news 13WMAZ just aired (at 6) an interview with Stephen's lawyer, Floyd Buford. Gist is that they are hiring a private investigator to check out the "MM" angle and some other matters.

Floyd Buford said he is interviewing investigators and plans to hire one to work on the case on behalf of his client, accused killer Stephen McDaniel, and McDaniel's family.

Wow -did you hear the part about "She feels very strongly about this"

What? No bad 80's vinyl? :eek::D

(sorry, couldn't help myself, back on topic....)

Now after reading the email and responses/plus the private investigator stuff, I think I am on the crazy train...

All aboard!!!

Story just up at Macon news 13WMAZ web site:

Quote:
Stephen McDaniel's Attorney To Hire Private Investigator
"The family of Stephen McDaniel, who is accused of killing his former law school classmate, Lauren Giddings, plans to hire a private investigator to check into allegations made in the case. ..."

for more see link: http://www.13wmaz.com/news/article/...Daniels-Attorney-To-Hire-Private-Investigator

(includes video)
Not sure what happened to their story page. (was missing, seems it's back now)
Here's the video link.
http://www.13wmaz.com/video/default.aspx?bctid=1101415444001

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members