Found Deceased GA - Quinton Simon, 1, missing from home, discovered gone by mom, Savannah, 5 Oct 2022

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Update 9 a.m.: Police say there have been no overnight developments in the case.

Chatham County Police Chief Jeff Hadley is scheduled to speak to media this afternoon around 2 p.m.
Where is Quinton? Many questions remain as search for missing Savannah toddler enters sixth day
So here it is, from your link "On Sunday, Chatham County Police said they would re-canvass areas already searched surrounding the investigation." To me this means they figured something out. It could be a more extensive "canvass" of the dump. (Sorry)

Quinton, I can't get your beautiful face out of my head. :(

My fear is that he won't be found at all....and having no answers has got to be the worst hell imaginable for those that truly love and care for him. Please, let me be wrong.

I am sure that LE are just now acknowledging what they, and we, have suspected since almost the beginning of this sad case. I really thought we would have had one or more arrests before now, but I think pressure is indeed about to be cranked up on some, quickly. They will not be answers we want to hear, I fear, but I think some answers are coming soon. JMO

My fear is that he won't be found at all....and having no answers has got to be the worst hell imaginable for those that truly love and care for him. Please, let me be wrong.
The reason I think he will be found is because it all (IMO) seemed to go down on Wednesday morning before 5:30. (yeah, I know, Einstein am I) Or late Tues night. According to the babysitter the boyfriend called her at 5:30 am to say she wasn't needed that day at 6 am, which was extraordinary not to need her. If the mother didn't notice he was missing until 9 am, why was the sitter canceled? Probably, IMO, 5:30 was the earliest he could call her, reasonably, also meaning to me that something could have happened any time after the sitter brought him back on Tuesday, but probably some night time event. Police will know by now whether or not boyfriend who called sitter really went to work, and who was in that house. I think it happened quickly and he/she/they had to get rid of Q and didn't have many places to go. IE not well thought out. (Sorry). Apparently there were 3 adults in the house that night, early morning, just survival of the fittest means that one will squeal on whatever happened, even if just to confirm that Q was able to open door, etc, which I don't believe. Maybe the other little boy, maybe a neighbor saw movement.

All IMO!!!!

If he is found in a pond, and without injuries it could be seen as an accident from his "walking away"

Last edited:
Idk if they could bring in someone, if LE suspect they know something.
For example, if LE find out you've lied to them, can they bring you in on temp charges and hold you for a while ?
Take people from their comfort zone, if you will.
No : drugs, cigarettes, alcohol, tv, junk/comfort food, family/people of like mind, --- just basics : food ,water, shelter.
Then question them a lot !
People will do a lot to get back to what they're used to doing, imo.

Even a day or two of questioning could break this case.
Again this is depending on LE knowing more than we do, and have something vital.
A small clue ?
Neighbor's ring doorbell camera that shows someone was not at home when they said they were, etc.

M00.

Baby sitter said that boyfriend called her (time? She got there at 9:30 am after speaking to him) to see if she had picked up Q. (Yes, after according to baby sitter, he called her at 5:30 to tell her she wasn't needed that day. Then she went to the house, etc, asked if they had called LE, etc. (They hadn't).

But the boyfriend called the sitter to find out if the sitter had Q reminds me so much of Chris Watts calling the school to see if Bella and Cece were there on Monday, 13 Aug, 2018. After he had already thrown them in the tanks.

Things aren't adding up but there might just be too many eyes this time around.

IMO

Last edited:
Baby sitter said that boyfriend called her (time? 9 am?) to see if she had picked up Q. (Yes, after according to baby sitter, he called her at 5:30 to tell her she wasn't needed that day. Then she went to the house, etc, asked if they had called LE, etc. (They hadn't).

But the boyfriend called the sitter to find out if the sitter had Q reminds me so much of Chris Watts calling the school to see if Bella and Cece were there on Monday, 13 Aug, 2018. After he had already thrown them in the tanks.

Things aren't adding up but there might just be too many eyes this time around.

IMO
Believed he texted her at 5:29?
i like your profile name btw, Meghan!

Believed he texted her at 5:29?
i like your profile name btw, Meghan!
Yes, 5:29 I guess I rounded that off. (and yes, was text at 5:29, not call) Also should have said IIRC sitter got to house at 9:30 and they still hadn't called 911. Then, she said police arrived right away and had her car boxed in, in the driveway.

IMO

The reason I think he will be found is because it all (IMO) seemed to go down on Wednesday morning before 5:30. (yeah, I know, Einstein am I) Or late Tues night. According to the babysitter the boyfriend called her at 5:30 am to say she wasn't needed that day at 6 am, which was extraordinary not to need her. If the mother didn't notice he was missing until 9 am, why was the sitter canceled? Probably, IMO, 5:30 was the earliest he could call her, reasonably, also meaning to me that something could have happened any time after the sitter brought him back on Tuesday, but probably some night time event. Police will know by now whether or not boyfriend who called sitter really went to work, and who was in that house. I think it happened quickly and he/she/they had to get rid of Q and didn't have many places to go. IE not well thought out. (Sorry). Apparently there were 3 adults in the house that night, early morning, just survival of the fittest means that one will squeal on whatever happened, even if just to confirm that Q was able to open door, etc, which I don't believe. Maybe the other little boy, maybe a neighbor saw movement.

All IMO!!!!

If he is found in a pond, and without injuries it could be seen as an accident from his "walking away"
Emphasis mine.
Good post.^^^
Blue bolded : Yes, I think they know who was there, and who came and went. For instance, was mom home that entire time ?
Did the boyfriend show up at work on time or late, and did he have to leave at that time for work, or had he left early that day ?

Lavender bolded : I wouldn't be surprised !
And, did any of them notice anything different that day about the other adults ?
Something out of the ordinary ?
How was Quinton's older sibling acting ?
Did he seem agitated ? Had he asked questions, or did he notice something ?
He must be missing his little brother terribly !
Maybe have a trained LE or social worker interview him, and see if he has anything to say about that day and the evening before, after he was dropped off by the sitter.
Kids that age can be very observant !

I do think something happened before 5:30am.
Possibly the night before ?
How odd to call the babysitter early in the morning to say she wouldn't be needed, then to call later to ask if the sitter had seen Quinton ?
If she wasn't needed, then of course she wouldn't know where the toddler was !
M00.

Last edited:

I expect he will be found. There are too many people involved and no skillful planning. As others here have said, we've seen this same story before, and so has the FBI.

Great points. It seems grandmother was wavering & hoping for a change in the children's mother. When such young children are involved, the person with legal custody needs to have a better plan in place than "hope."

IMO, being so far away in Illinois is negligence unless there was a reliable adult caring for the two oldest 24/7. It looks like that is not what happened here.

If you accept custody of a toddler, whatever bad happens to that child is on you. Being in over your head or needing a break is not an excuse.

I have empathy for the grandmother because it's tough to be in her position. But taking custody means putting the child's welfare first. The oldest child in the grandmother's custody should be examined for any neglect, as well.

This case is sad because the older children would likely be in the foster care system without the grandmother trying to take care of them.

How many more children will this young mother have? How will they be protected? Right now, supervised visitation with the remaining two is all that should be allowed for anyone in the family IMO.

I hope CPS is involved. It's not a good system but it's all we've got. I want to know the other children are protected.

I want to know what happened to Quinton.

But most of all, I want every pregnancy & birth of this young mother monitored because three children for the system to try to protect is already three too many!

JMO
bolding mine.
Yes, that's a sad situation, but it needed to be said !
M00.

Emphasis mine.
Good post.^^^
Blue bolded : Yes, I think they know who was there, and who came and went. For instance, was mom home that entire time ?
Did the boyfriend show up at work on time or late, and did he have to leave at that time for work, or had he left early that day ?

Lavender bolded : I wouldn't be surprised !
And, did any of them notice anything different that day about the other adults ?
Something out of the ordinary ?
How was Quinton's older sibling acting ?
Did he seem agitated ? Had he asked questions, or did he notice something ?
He must be missing his little brother terribly !
Maybe have a trained LE or social worker interview him, and see if he has anything to say about that day and the evening before, after he was dropped off by the sitter.
Kids that age can be very observant !

I do think something happened before 5:30am.
Possibly the night before ?
How odd to call the babysitter early in the morning to say she wouldn't be needed, then to call later to ask if the sitter had seen Quinton ?
M00.
I am thinking something happened the night before as well. According to Babysitter, she usually watches them around 530/6am. So DY called her right before they were supposed to bring the kids to her house.

But where was the other adult in the house? We have not heard much about him, but he should be being looked at as well. Did he not hear them at 530? Did he not hear any commotion?

I am thinking something happened the night before as well. According to Babysitter, she usually watches them around 530/6am. So DY called her right before they were supposed to bring the kids to her house.

But where was the other adult in the house? We have not heard much about him, but he should be being looked at as well. Did he not hear them at 530? Did he not hear any commotion?
bolding mine.
Indeed.
If something bad occurred, even an accident -- I think there'd be a complete meltdown or freaking out, and a loud commotion , maybe with verbal accusations flying back and forth ?
M00.

SBM
M00.
Maybe he was making that call for the ears of someone else in the house. Do we know for sure how many adults were present? I heard 3 (with Gma and step Gmp out of town) but I don't know what has been posted here.

I know it was a text, but Baby Sitter said she called him back right away. So maybe there was an adult in the house who didn't know about the earlier 5:29 text saying she was not needed, and he was just laying down a script so to speak.

IMO

bolding mine.
Indeed.
If something bad occurred, even an accident -- I think there'd be a complete meltdown or freaking out, and a loud commotion , maybe with verbal accusations flying back and forth ?
M00.
That house looks huge, the photos are all over the place. Maybe the bedrooms are widely separated? If that 3rd person (IMO) didn't hear anything, maybe the whole scene in the morning was presented for his/her benefit, but that would come crashing down with a little attention by police, I'd think. Weakest link.

That person could have woken up at 9 am to cries that Q had gone out the door, and was oblivious to any other possibility at that moment.
IMO

Updating TIMELINE with new info in RED; corrected info in GRAY

~2019
Q's older brother, Z, born - current age "around 3" (18@1:35)

~Feb 2021
Q born - current age 20 months (14)

~Jul 2021 ("since Q was five months old")
GrandmaBJH awarded custody of Q and Q's older brother (14)

~Apr 2022 ("about six months ago")
SitterDM began watching Q & Z (9 @ 0:28)

~summer 2022 ("within the past couple of months")
MomLS moved in with her mother GrandmaBJH (14)
MomLS gave birth to Q's younger sister (14)

Wed Sep 7
MomLS called police during argument with GrandmaBJH, during which MomLS stated she was on probation and didn't want trouble and MomLS's brother stated that MomLS had history of stealing to buy drugs (22)

Thu Sep 8
GrandmaBJH filed eviction notice for MomLS and MomsBoyfriendDY, stating that they damaged her property (22)

Fri Sep 16
Sheriff's office mailed MomLS and MomsBoyfriendDY eviction notice from GrandmaBJH (14)

sometime in Sep 2022
GrandmaBJH left for 3-week work assignment in IL, hoping to get back before evicted daughter MomLS and MomsBoyfriendDY move out (14)

around Mon Sep 26 - Sat Oct 1
MomLS and MomsBoyfriendDY presumably received eviction notice from GrandmaBJH (14)

Tue Oct 4
SitterDM watched Q & Z, who then went home that night (9@0:30)

WEDN OCT 5: LAST REPORTED SIGHTING / DAY ONE OF SEARCH
search incl. residence & neighborhood - drone, K9, dive team, helicopter

• 5:29AM - SitterDM received text [from MomLS (22)] that she would not be babysitting Q & Z that morning (9@0:44)
  • 6:00AM - LAST REPORTED SIGHTING (1) by MomsBoyfriendDY (14) when he left for work that morning (22) and by MomLS, who told police she saw him in his playpen (25@0:45); According to StepGrandpaTH (who owns the house but was out of town; GrandmaBJH was still driving in from out of state), people at home at the time: MomLS, MomsBoyfriendDY, 3 kids, MomsBrother (7)
  • 9:00AM - SitterDM received text [from a grandparent (22)] asking if she'd seen them, but when she went to residence to help search, she was turned away (9@1:03)
  • [TIME?] - GrandmaBJH learned about Q's disappearance from phone call from SitterDM (14)
  • 9:30AM (14) 9:39AM (17@2:55) - Reported missing to authorities by MomLS (1) who said he'd been in his playpen (5)
  • 9:42AM - LE dispatched to residence (1), searched home (4)
  • 12:34PM - CCPD state they are searching area on foot with a drone and K9 unit (1)
  • 2:04PM - CCPD state they are shutting down Chatham Parkway, Louis B Mills, and Buckhalter Rd to continue search (1)
  • 2:48PM - CCPD state that Buckhalter Rd was reopened (1)
  • around 3PM - StepGrandpaTH arrived home from out of town (16@0:02)
  • 3:33PM - ChiefJH met with media - nothing to indicate abduction; "does not appear to be a custody dispute, and all parties are cooperating"; have responded to two calls for service at the home in the last two years (neither for missing child) (2)
  • 5:58PM - @BrettWSAV states FBI assisting (6)
  • 6:52PM - CCPD state ground search continues; plan to search with helicopter and heat-seeking tech (2)
  • [TIME?] - Dive team also on scene (7) - possibly to search pool, which is included in later list of locations searched within first five days (25@0:55)
  • 10:08PM - CCPD state 75 LE officers and volunteers combed area (2)
  • [TIME?] - LE secured search warrant for residence (10@1:15)
  • PM - FBI Evidence Response Team & CCPD search home with flashlights & cameras (8)
  • PM - LE cruiser remained on scene at residence overnight (14)
  • [TIME?] - LE contacted BioDad and "did not believe he was involved" (4) due to the fact he "works very much, very north of here" (10 @ 0:34), despite MomLS telling StepGrandpaTH that BioDad came and picked him up (7)
  • [TIME?] - neighbors state they'd seen Q out wandering the home and street in the past (7)

Thur Oct 6: DAY TWO
search incl. neighborhood, trash cans, sheds on grandparents' other property, "other locations" - ATVs

• 2:00AM - Search ended for night (17@1:35)
  • 3:30AM - GrandmaBJH arrived home (16@0:03) but with crime scene tape up had to stay in motel (14)
  • 5:53AM - CCPD states no overnight developments (3)
  • 8:00AM - Searching resumed (17@1:35)
  • 10:11AM - FBI on scene with ATVs (11), searching trash cans in neighborhood including SitterDM's (12) and locked sheds on StepGrandpaTH's other property (15)
  • around 11:00 AM - FBI returned to residence after sweep of neighborhood (18@0:54)
  • 11:11AM - LE is "obtaining other search warrants at other locations today" (13)
  • AM - GrandmaBJH, who was working out of town in IL, states in phone interview with media "I couldn’t imagine that she would hurt one of her kids but I can’t say the thought hasn’t gone through my mind a hundred thousand times" (14), states on camera, "I don't know what to believe right now... I don't know if I can trust her" (16 @ 1:09)
  • AM - ChiefJH states at presser that they are conducting interviews and "downloading phones and things of that nature" today (17 @ 0:35)
  • AM - Neighbors claim MomLS and MomsBoyfriendDY returned to residence that morning after questioning (19)
  • 6:00PM - arguing is heard throughout the day, including at 6PM as recorded in VIDEO @ timestamp 1:30 (19)
  • PM - BioDad on his way from out of town to help search (18@1:50)

Fri Oct 7: DAY THREE
search incl. phone data, ponds with waders and poles

• 10:00AM - ChiefJH gives update as part of Chatham County Commission Meeting - exhausted grid search; still investigating collected phone data and other avenues; still being assisted by FBI (20)
  • 2:00PM - search continues; pond searched with waders & poles (21)
Sat Oct 8: DAY FOUR
  • 8:09AM - CCPD update on SM - still searching along with FBI, no need of volunteers (23)
Sun Oct 9: DAY FIVE
  • 9:34AM - CCPD update on SM - "re-canvassing some specific areas" along with FBI (24)
  • 2:03PM - CCPD update on SM with poster & tip line (26)
Mon Oct 10: DAY SIX
  • 8:58AM - CCPD update on SM - "no overnight developments," will have presser at 2PM (27)

SOURCES
(1) ChathamCountyPD FB post (Oct 5)
(2) ChathamCountyPD FB post (Oct 5)
(3) ChathamCountyPD FB post (Oct 5)
(4) Police searching for missing toddler in Georgia neighborhood (APNews - Oct 5)
(5) Search for toddler missing from coastal Georgia neighborhood continues (Fox5 - Oct 5)
(6) @BrettWSAV tweet (Oct 5)
(7) Chatham County police, neighbors search for missing 20-month-old child (WSAV - Oct 5)
(8) @BrettWSAV tweet (Oct 5)
(9) WSAV3 video (Oct 5)
(10) WSAV FB video (Oct 5)
(11) @BrettWSAV tweet (Oct 6)
(12) @BrettWSAV tweet (Oct 6)
(13) @BrettWSAV tweet (Oct 6)
(14) Search continues for Chatham Co. toddler last seen Wednesday morning (WTOC - Oct 6)
(15) @BrettWSAV tweet (Oct 6)
(16) Grandparents comment on missing Chatham County toddler VIDEO (WJCL - Oct 6)
(17) Chatham County Police Chief gives update on missing toddler search VIDEO (WJCL - Oct 6)
(18) @SarahWinkelmann tweet including VIDEO (WTOC - Oct 6)
(19) Toddler Missing More Than 40 Hours, Neighbors Hear Arguments... (WSAV - Oct 6)
(20)
Chatham County Police enters 3rd day in search for missing toddler, Quinton Simon (Fox28 - Oct 7)
(21) Grandparents plead for answers as search for missing Chatham County toddler enters third day (WJCL - Oct 7)
(22) Timeline: What has happened since 20-month-old Quinton Simon went missing (WSAV - Oct 7)
(23) ChathamCounty PD FB post (Oct 8)
(24) ChathamCounty PD FB post (Oct 9)
(25) Search for Missing Toddler Quinton Simon enters fifth day, VIDEO (WJCL - Oct 9)
(26) ChathamCounty PD FB post (Oct 9)
(27) ChathamCounty PD FB psot (Oct 10)
What an amazing and complete timeline,thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pearl lemon