Found Deceased GA - Quinton Simon, 1, missing from home, discovered gone by mom, Savannah, 5 Oct 2022

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Updating TIMELINE with new info in RED; corrected info in GRAY

~2019
Q's older brother, Z, born - current age "around 3" (18@1:35)

~Feb 2021
Q born - current age 20 months (14)

~Jul 2021 ("since Q was five months old")
GrandmaBJH awarded custody of Q and Q's older brother (14)

~Apr 2022 ("about six months ago")
SitterDM began watching Q & Z (9 @ 0:28)

~summer 2022 ("within the past couple of months")
MomLS moved in with her mother GrandmaBJH (14)
MomLS gave birth to Q's younger sister (14)

Wed Sep 7
MomLS called police during argument with GrandmaBJH, during which MomLS stated she was on probation and didn't want trouble and MomLS's brother stated that MomLS had history of stealing to buy drugs (22)

Thu Sep 8
GrandmaBJH filed eviction notice for MomLS and MomsBoyfriendDY, stating that they damaged her property (22)

Fri Sep 16
Sheriff's office mailed MomLS and MomsBoyfriendDY eviction notice from GrandmaBJH (14)

sometime in Sep 2022
GrandmaBJH left for 3-week work assignment in IL, hoping to get back before evicted daughter MomLS and MomsBoyfriendDY move out (14)

around Mon Sep 26 - Sat Oct 1
MomLS and MomsBoyfriendDY presumably received eviction notice from GrandmaBJH (14)

Tue Oct 4
SitterDM watched Q & Z, who then went home that night (9@0:30)

WEDN OCT 5: LAST REPORTED SIGHTING / DAY ONE OF SEARCH
search incl. residence & neighborhood - drone, K9, dive team, helicopter

• 5:29AM - SitterDM received text [from MomLS (22)] that she would not be babysitting Q & Z that morning (9@0:44)
  • 6:00AM - LAST REPORTED SIGHTING (1) by MomsBoyfriendDY (14) when he left for work that morning (22); According to StepGrandpaTH (who owns the house but was out of town; GrandmaBJH was still driving in from out of state), people at home at the time: MomLS, MomsBoyfriendDY, 3 kids, MomsBrother (7)
  • 9:00AM - SitterDM received text [from a grandparent (22)] asking if she'd seen them, but when she went to residence to help search, she was turned away (9@1:03)
  • [TIME?] - GrandmaBJH learned about Q's disappearance from phone call from SitterDM (14)
  • 9:30AM (14) 9:39AM (17@2:55) - Reported missing to authorities by MomLS (1) who said he'd been in his playpen (5)
  • 9:42AM - LE dispatched to residence (1), searched home (4)
  • 12:34PM - CCPD state they are searching area on foot with a drone and K9 unit (1)
  • 2:04PM - CCPD state they are shutting down Chatham Parkway, Louis B Mills, and Buckhalter Rd to continue search (1)
  • 2:48PM - CCPD state that Buckhalter Rd was reopened (1)
  • around 3PM - StepGrandpaTH arrived home from out of town (16@0:02)
  • 3:33PM - ChiefJH met with media - nothing to indicate abduction; "does not appear to be a custody dispute, and all parties are cooperating"; have responded to two calls for service at the home in the last two years (neither for missing child) (2)
  • 5:58PM - @BrettWSAV states FBI assisting (6)
  • 6:52PM - CCPD state ground search continues; plan to search with helicopter and heat-seeking tech (2)
  • [TIME?] - Dive team also on scene (7)
  • 10:08PM - CCPD state 75 LE officers and volunteers combed area (2)
  • [TIME?] - LE secured search warrant for residence (10@1:15)
  • PM - FBI Evidence Response Team & CCPD search home with flashlights & cameras (8)
  • PM - LE cruiser remained on scene at residence overnight (14)
  • [TIME?] - LE contacted BioDad and "did not believe he was involved" (4) due to the fact he "works very much, very north of here" (10 @ 0:34), despite MomLS telling StepGrandpaTH that BioDad came and picked him up (7)
  • [TIME?] - neighbors state they'd seen Q out wandering the home and street in the past (7)

Thur Oct 6: DAY TWO
search incl. neighborhood, trash cans, sheds on grandparents' other property, "other locations" - ATVs

• 2:00AM - Search ended for night (17@1:35)
  • 3:30AM - GrandmaBJH arrived home (16@0:03) but with crime scene tape up had to stay in motel (14)
  • 5:53AM - CCPD states no overnight developments (3)
  • 8:00AM - Searching resumed (17@1:35)
  • 10:11AM - FBI on scene with ATVs (11), searching trash cans in neighborhood including SitterDM's (12) and locked sheds on StepGrandpaTH's other property (15)
  • around 11:00 AM - FBI returned to residence after sweep of neighborhood (18@0:54)
  • 11:11AM - LE is "obtaining other search warrants at other locations today" (13)
  • AM - GrandmaBJH, who was working out of town in IL, states in phone interview with media "I couldn’t imagine that she would hurt one of her kids but I can’t say the thought hasn’t gone through my mind a hundred thousand times" (14), states on camera, "I don't know what to believe right now... I don't know if I can trust her" (16 @ 1:09)
  • AM - ChiefJH states at presser that they are conducting interviews and "downloading phones and things of that nature" today (17 @ 0:35)
  • AM - Neighbors claim MomLS and MomsBoyfriendDY returned to residence that morning after questioning (19)
  • 6:00PM - arguing is heard throughout the day, including at 6PM as recorded in VIDEO @ timestamp 1:30 (19)
  • PM - BioDad on his way from out of town to help search (18@1:50)

Fri Oct 7: DAY THREE
search incl. phone data, ponds with waders and poles

• 10:00AM - ChiefJH gives update as part of Chatham County Commission Meeting - exhausted grid search; still investigating collected phone data and other avenues; still being assisted by FBI (20)
  • 2:00PM - search continues; pond searched with waders & poles (21)
Sat Oct 8: DAY FOUR
  • 8:09AM - CCPD update on SM - still searching along with FBI, no need of volunteers (23)
Sun Oct 9: DAY FIVE
  • 9:34AM - CCPD update on SM - "re-canvassing some specific areas" along with FBI (24)

SOURCES
(1) ChathamCountyPD FB post (Oct 5)
(2) ChathamCountyPD FB post (Oct 5)
(3) ChathamCountyPD FB post (Oct 5)
(4) Police searching for missing toddler in Georgia neighborhood (APNews - Oct 5)
(5) Search for toddler missing from coastal Georgia neighborhood continues (Fox5 - Oct 5)
(6) @BrettWSAV tweet (Oct 5)
(7) Chatham County police, neighbors search for missing 20-month-old child (WSAV - Oct 5)
(8) @BrettWSAV tweet (Oct 5)
(9) WSAV3 video (Oct 5)
(10) WSAV FB video (Oct 5)
(11) @BrettWSAV tweet (Oct 6)
(12) @BrettWSAV tweet (Oct 6)
(13) @BrettWSAV tweet (Oct 6)
(14) Search continues for Chatham Co. toddler last seen Wednesday morning (WTOC - Oct 6)
(15) @BrettWSAV tweet (Oct 6)
(16) Grandparents comment on missing Chatham County toddler VIDEO (WJCL - Oct 6)
(17) Chatham County Police Chief gives update on missing toddler search VIDEO (WJCL - Oct 6)
(18) @SarahWinkelmann tweet including VIDEO (WTOC - Oct 6)
(19) Toddler Missing More Than 40 Hours, Neighbors Hear Arguments... (WSAV - Oct 6)
(20)
Chatham County Police enters 3rd day in search for missing toddler, Quinton Simon (Fox28 - Oct 7)
(21) Grandparents plead for answers as search for missing Chatham County toddler enters third day (WJCL - Oct 7)
(22) Timeline: What has happened since 20-month-old Quinton Simon went missing (WSAV - Oct 7)
(23) ChathamCounty PD FB post (Oct 8)
(24) ChathamCounty PD FB post (Oct 9)

MY NOTES:
Sure wish there was a better update this morning :(

Geez I keep checking hoping they find this little one ,my heart breaks for the grandparents .the moms and bfriends stories just stink we’ve heard it all before. So many little ones missing ,little ones aren’t meant to be disposable jmoo

It sure sounds like Grandma is protecting daughter now. I so hope its not a Casey/Cindy Anthony vibe.
Ughhh I fricken hope not. To many littles are missing, it’s just sad. My oldest was a escape artist around a year he could escape his crib so I understand that it’s the stuipid stories the adults tell that makes ya think bull crap jmooo they need to find this little

I hope Child Protective Services is involved for the benefit of Q's siblings.

The WSAV report on the timeline suggests that grandma wanted her daughter and the three kids out of the house. Was this an error on the reporter's part, or was this accurate? Doesn't the grandmother have legal custody of the two boys? The reporter does tend to frequently paraphrase some of the quotes shown on the screen.

Nevertheless this is a quite problematic environment for small kids.

In my opinion things were very bad for Quinton and his siblings long before he was reported missing. I suspect that something bad happened not long after he was returned to his home by the babysitter the night before.

I want to know when every adult left that home from 9:30 pm Tuesday until the police were finally called on Wednesday morning. That includes the step grandfather, LS brother and the boyfriend. I’m not accusing any of them of doing anything. I’m just saying that every possibility must be thoroughly checked out.

I would also be interested to know if there were any visitors to the home during the night. Maybe someone delivering something? If anything was delivered, how was it paid for? MOO

Snipped and bolded for emphasis.
Sad !
Also sounds like the babysitter cared for them often, even while the mom and bf were at home ?
A chaotic situation.
M00.
If grandma has custody of the boys, that explains why there is a babysitter. If she didn't trust mom's care during the days, she would have them go elsewhere to a sitter while she (grandma) was working or busy.

Maybe I’m tripping balls ? Does it stink that grandma asked babysitter if she knew where baby Q was at that time ?? The daughter didn’t report him missing until 930ish?

It already stinks they didn’t want help from the babysitter to help look for him !

I would want everyone searching ! Family , friends, pets, LE, the cast of stranger things, fish, robots, elon musk , EVERYONE and EVERYTHING ! Come hell to high water to help find my children , any child , god forbid they went missing! I am tired and so hurt of hearing these stories. Babies are innocent and so pure. If people don’t want their children, I’ll take them and protect them, just don’t hurt them

Apologies for the typos , but I am typing this shaking.

In my opinion things were very bad for Quinton and his siblings long before he was reported missing. I suspect that something bad happened not long after he was returned to his home by the babysitter the night before.

I want to know when every adult left that home from 9:30 pm Tuesday until the police were finally called on Wednesday morning. That includes the step grandfather, LS brother and the boyfriend. I’m not accusing any of them of doing anything. I’m just saying that every possibility must be thoroughly checked out.

I would also be interested to know if there were any visitors to the home during the night. Maybe someone delivering something? If anything was delivered, how was it paid for? MOO
I agree 20000% check allll of them !

As someone previously mentioned, this case is eerily like Mariah Woods, 2018 disappearance (later found) in Jacksonville NC. Hoping the outcome is better in this case.
That is a great point by @Rivkah11 and by posters previously, and in the Mariah Woods case, Jacksonville NC PD and FBI got help from the Marine Corps (Backlog pushes Earl Kimrey trial to fall, 16 murder cases pending in Onslow County), and Mariah’s body was found substantially concealed on the side of a creek at Day 5.

Bringing that forward to here: Parris Island and Ft. Beaufort are less than an hour north of this location. There are thousands of vetted, strong personnel undergoing or post-basic training within a reasonable bus ride. I hope LE considers making an ask of the Marine Corps to have buses sent down to scour the surrounding property and focus in particular on any bodies of water. It’s also time to take the inside of this house down to the studs, take apart couches, empty garages, check crawl spaces. Where the Chatham County PD is most helpful is on the roads surrounding and along the route the BF took to work. Every dumpster, every waste disposal company, talking with every friend … where they have the contacts and local knowledge to realize quickly if anything is off. I hope it goes this way.

Could be that the playpen is one of those Graco Pack N Plays. Some people use them as cribs. When my son was a baby, we usually took one with us if we were traveling overnight and used it as a crib in AirBnBs, etc.
I agree it was very likely one of those and I am not sure a toddler could get out alone without maybe turning themselves falling over the top.

I hope Child Protective Services is involved for the benefit of Q's siblings.

The WSAV report on the timeline suggests that grandma wanted her daughter and the three kids out of the house. Was this an error on the reporter's part, or was this accurate? Doesn't the grandmother have legal custody of the two boys?
It was an error. Grandma was trying to evict the mum and her bf. Not the children.

Good question.
I wonder if he had a car to drive to work or if he got a ride or took a bus, etc?

Reason being, it is also said that Q's mom was possibly driving a car that morning after her bf went to work. It is hard for me to believe they had 2 cars between them, but maybe they did.
Where was it said that she was driving around? I hadn't heard that...but I'm just getting caught up!

She is on record stating that boyfriend text her at 5.29am yet in other reports she is stating mother sent that text. Which is it?
Strange imo and not helpful to the investigation.
But LE would be able to see the text and confirm it one way or the other. So while it's frustrating to US, I'm guessing LE already knows the answer.

I thought the mom's brother was there? did I misunderstand?
I'm still trying to figure out how the sleep till 9 with 3 young babies happened as well. I'm also trying to figure out the car situation, BF left for work ( not sure what his transportation was) and mom was supposed to take the kids to the sitters so she should have had access to a vehicle.
That vehicle needs 3 car seats, too.

Could be that the playpen is one of those Graco Pack N Plays. Some people use them as cribs. When my son was a baby, we usually took one with us if we were traveling overnight and used it as a crib in AirBnBs, etc.
I’m of the opinion that Quinton was not in a playpen at all, the morning he was reported missing. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1