Found Deceased GA - Quinton Simon, 1, missing from home, discovered gone by mom, Savannah, 5 Oct 2022

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If it were me, I would say "Sesame Street pajamas - blue shirt with x character and y character, solid black pants. Pants were z type of fabric (thick like sweats? Thin like t-shirt?)" I don't think there is anything strange about what he was described as wearing or how it was described.
You.... You.....

Caught me thinking too much like me.

My wife and I always referred to both the top and bottom pajamas as "pajamas". An individual part of the set was referred to as a "top" or a "bottom". "Pants" were used for, well, play, school and church pants. They were not interchangeable term wise with pajama bottoms.

But..... just because we used the terms that way, does not, as you illustrated, mean that most people use the terms that way.

Last edited:
Bringing this forward again. Waiting for news which hopefully will come soon:

On Tuesday, the Chatham County Police Department released a statement announcing the potential break in the case. The department, on its Facebook page, wrote:

"We've seized evidence that we believe will help move this case forward & we're now working to analyze the evidence to see where it leads us. We continue to pursue all avenues to bring Quinton home, following all leads and evidence. There will be no further public statements today."

also i am not sure bloodhounds are synonymous w cadaver dogs/
Good point -- thanks, @cvaldez1975.
I wonder if LE, etc., had both kinds of dogs. If they had both, and a scent was found, seems to me we, through LE or local reporter, might be hearing something soon, let's hope.
OTOH, I do appreciate how this case is being handled -- they probably are trying to do it by the book in order to make sure it is solid.
This case has become one of my "big" ones. SMH.

I don't know if the babysitter in this case would be a mandated reporter because she's not an employee of a daycare facility or any kind of formal/professional child caregiver.

There is a list of who is a mandated reporter in Georgia on this site, under the section called "Who Must Report" - GA Mandated Reporter Information
In my opinion, anyone who is a human being should report a child who is being beaten. There is no excuse for that. It would help if society would stop calling it discipline and say it like it is. It is not okay to assault anyone, especially not a child!
MOO

In my opinion, anyone who is a human being should report a child who is being beaten. There is no excuse for that. It would help if society would stop calling it discipline and say it like it is. It is not okay to assault anyone, especially not a child!
MOO
i do agree. it is human morality. but i think they just referring to those who are to report by law, as in they will be prosecuted if they dont.

MOO

Oh, I fully agree with you. I was just commenting regarding who is or isn't a legally mandated reporter in the state of Georgia.

The house reminds me of the Amityville Horror house (112 Ocean Ave, Amityville, NY?). The shape of it.
I've been thinking this the whole time
We've certainly seen that as a motive before, although I don't recall the mom ever killing a child over child support.
If anything, i think it was more of an impetus? The stress of Leilani knowing they were getting evicted, knowing she was going to start having to pay support on top of whatever was going on to cause gma to evict. Lots of stress makes people snap sometimes and lash out. IMO whatever happened to him was either an accident or rage gone too far - caused by thy snowball effect of everything happening in their lives.

Factually speaking, the child support she was ordered to pay was affected by her earning status and calculated out to $150/mo, for 2 kids.
They are talking about the grandmother and her husband.. You are talking about the daughter's income.

i do agree. it is human morality. but i think they just referring to those who are to report by law, as in they will be prosecuted if they dont.
Maybe the babysitter was worried that if she did call CPS, they would do nothing (like they are known for) and the family would stop using her as a sitter - taking the kids' safehaven with her away? Or maybe she worried the kids might be taken and put in an even worse situation (which is also possible)? Idk, I'm not ready to vilify her over not reporting it and she's probably wishing she had.

Maybe the babysitter was worried that if she did call CPS, they would do nothing (like they are known for) and the family would stop using her as a sitter - taking the kids' safehaven with her away? Or maybe she worried the kids might be taken and put in an even worse situation (which is also possible)? Idk, I'm not ready to vilify her over not reporting it and she's probably wishing she had.
Why would they stop using sitter? They kept using mom. IMO

We've certainly seen that as a motive before, although I don't recall the mom ever killing a child over child support.
Maybe not, but the child support notice and eviction could definitely trigger anger and frustration. If she was feeling overly stressed and angry, that could have resulted in his death.

My disagreement with you regarding physical disciple aside, I suspect that:

- Making lawful physical discipline into a synonym with child abuse,

Would lead to many people not reporting suspected child abuse as they would not want to subject the parents to ideologically driven "investigations" by social workers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jdogcatfish