GA - Rayshard Brooks, 27, fatally shot by Police, Wendy’s lot, Atlanta, 12 Jun 2020 #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Rayshard Brooks funeral to be held at historic Ebenezer Baptist Church | Atlanta Daily World

The funeral of Rayshard Brooks will be held at Historic Ebenezer Baptist Church on Tuesday, June 23, 2020 | 1p.m. *Sanctuary seating by invitation only
Viewing: Monday, June 22 | 3 pm – 7 pm *Viewing open to public / No cameras allowed inside.

*The service will be streamed live on the church’s website, www.ebenezeratl.org.
____

Tyler Perry to Pay for Rayshard Brooks' Funeral - Black Enterprise

Not only will Perry pay for the funeral expenses, People has confirmed that he has also offered to pay for the college education for Brooks’ four children.

Exactly what I was wondering. That first officer, and really both, demonstrated a great deal of patience. I've never been treated that courteously when I've been pulled over. AMOO
I was pulled over once so police officer could tell me people who lived on that street were complaining about speeders. I wasn't speeding. Police here get right to the point and are all business. Those officers were very friendly I thought.
Rayshard Brooks funeral to be held at historic Ebenezer Baptist Church | Atlanta Daily World

The funeral of Rayshard Brooks will be held at Historic Ebenezer Baptist Church on Tuesday, June 23, 2020 | 1p.m. *Sanctuary seating by invitation only
Viewing: Monday, June 22 | 3 pm – 7 pm *Viewing open to public / No cameras allowed inside.

*The service will be streamed live on the church’s website, www.ebenezeratl.org.
____

Tyler Perry to Pay for Rayshard Brooks' Funeral - Black Enterprise

Not only will Perry pay for the funeral expenses, People has confirmed that he has also offered to pay for the college education for Brooks’ four children.
Is the funeral going to be aired on all the major tv channels like George Floyd's funeral was ?

Rayshard Brooks: Both officers charged in shooting turn themselves in to police

More than $200,000 has been raised for former Atlanta police officer Garrett Rolfe?s legal fees, according to the Georgia Law Enforcement Organization.
By: WSBTV.com News Staff
Updated: June 18, 2020 - 8:55 PM
ATLANTA — The officers accused of shooting and killing Rayshard Brooks turned themselves in to police Thursday, one day after the Fulton County district attorney brought charges against them.

Former Officer Garrett Rolfe is accused of murder in the death of Brooks. He’s currently being held without bond. Channel 2′s Tony Thomas confirmed late Thursday evening that Rolfe has been moved to the Gwinnett County Jail.

Officer Devin Brosnan is charged with aggravated assault and violation of oath. He bonded out of jail Thursday afternoon.

JUST IN: Officer Devin Brosnan, the first to turn himself in after being charged in connection to Rayshard Brooks death, has bonded out: https://2wsb.tv/2ABXDjr

6:12 PM - Jun 18, 2020
Twitter Ads info and privacy

52 people are talking about this

While a memorial is growing at the Wendy’s restaurant where Brooks was killed, support is also growing for both of those officers charged in his death.

A group has already raised $250,000 for legal fees.

Channel 2 anchor Justin Wilfon was at the Fulton County Jail where Brosnan turned himself in.

As Brosnan left the jail after making bond, he told reporters outside he had no comment. Rolfe was taken in a side door out of the view of the media.

“We spoke to him to get all the details worked out as far as the fundraising goes and obviously to get his blessing on doing the fundraising on his behalf,” said Josh Watson, Georgia Law Enforcement chief operations officer

More at link.

I can tell you plates are run...I got arrested for driving under revocation on my way back from a sobriety test. I was told to lay on the ground hands up. I was sober at the time.

I ran the risk of a massive bond as the buses did not run to where I had to take the test, my bond was 10k cash only for doing so.
Wasn't RB driving a rental car from Ohio ? It would have shown it was a rental car correct ?

I have been thinking more about the alleged “kicks” on the video. 1) Brooks was running away from the officers when shot. 2) Vehicles block the view of how Brooks is laying when Rolfe is seen making leg movements 3) vehicle moves and Rolfe is standing over Brooks lower legs and Brooks is laying flat on his back with legs straight out in front of him 4) no way Brooks was spun around to face the opposite direction and land flat on his back with legs stretched out, is there ? 5) If Rolfe was aggressively kicking Brooks would Brooks’ legs be laying straight out like they were ? 6)when Rolfe first approached Brooks he had no idea how severely Brooks was wounded or if Brooks still posed a threat. Would Rolfe bend down and reposition Brooks with his hands without making sure Brooks no longer posed a threat ? And if there was blood present without protective gloves on ?

Last edited:
I have been thinking more about the alleged “kicks” on the video. 1) Brooks was running away from the officers when shot. 2) Vehicles block the view of how Brooks is laying when Rolfe is seen making leg movements 3) vehicle moves and Rolfe is standing over Brooks lower legs and Brooks is laying flat on his back with legs straight out in front of him 4) no way Brooks was spun around to face the opposite direction and land flat on his back with legs stretched out, is there ? 5) If Rolfe was aggressively kicking Brooks would Brooks’ legs be laying straight out like they were ? 6)when Rolfe first approached Brooks he had no idea how severely Brooks was wounded or if Brooks still posed a threat. Would Rolfe bend down and reposition Brooks with his hands without making sure Brooks no longer posed a threat ? And if there was blood present without protective gloves on ?[/QUOTE
WTH? She was fired just because she’s the stepmom?
They won't admit that is the reason. They might be worried about repercussions, not that that's okay either. They'll just say due to pandemic, her position has been eliminated or some other flimsy reason.

I saw nothing cordial about what Mr' Brooks did after the officer tried to handcuff him. Can't the lawyers for the officers have these charges thrown out?
The lawyers can't no. However there will be a preliminary hearing in which a judge will listen to the evidence presented . The prosecution will try to show there's enough evidence for probable cause, and the defense will try to show there isn't enough evidence . Then he/she will decide. If there's enough evidence, the defendant is "held to answer" and it will go to the grand jury in this case. If there isn't enough evidence, the charges will be dropped.

It's .108, which is legally drunk in every state. It's basically means that for every 1000 milliliters of blood, 1 milliliter is alcohol. His weight, number of drinks and the time he had those drinks in will all determine his BAC.

If he was 180 pounds, to get a BAC that high, he would have had to drink six drinks in a hour. A drink is 4 oz of wine or a cocktail, 12 oz of beer or a 1 oz shot so he definitely had a lot more than the drinks he described to the officer.

Of course he had more.
Much depends on liver capacity to metabolize alcohol and also, whether the person was drinking on a full stomach, or not. A hungry person gets drunk easier. I suspect Mr. Brooks was hungry, and it explains his presence at Wendy’s.

Wasn't RB driving a rental car from Ohio ? It would have shown it was a rental car correct ?
Yes, they knew it was a rental. But they did run Brook's driver's license, I am sure. And they probably knew at that time that he was on probation. Someone on probation is not supposed to be out drinking age night, let alone drinking and driving.

The link I posted about the officers turning themselves in says that Officer Rolfe is in court at noon today. Will the no bond be addressed then? Hopefully if he gets bond the 250k will help with that.
Hopefully, Rolfe's attorney will play the DA's PC and point out every single lie he told--complete with video of what really happened.

WTH? She was fired just because she’s the stepmom?

According to Heavy, she was in the process of transitioning to time off and had created a hostile work environment. The company did not note whether the leave was connected to the hostility, or when either started. In the days to come, I'm sure MSM will interview her coworkers to get a better understanding of what happened.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BanPokies1
Back