GA GA - Shirley, 87, & Russell Dermond, 88, Putnam County, 2 May 2014 - # 2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was shocked to see that photo! I mean not hanging around in case Mrs. Dermond was found and then having that picture put in a paper? :shocked2:

I thought the same thing when I saw that pic!

Regarding the workers at a neighboring house hearing loud voices - was that rumor or was it reported in MSM? I can't seem to find it. TIA

It was a rumor, and we probably shouldn't keep talking about it.

:blushing:

New poster here. Like many of you this case is frustrating me, but let me put in my two cents:
1 – The Troy Major connection seems like a stretch to me. I read the case detail and Major was a street level who attempted to rob MD at gun point during a drug deal. He was not and is not “The King Pen”. I find it hard to believe that he or any of his “supporters” could pull off a sophisticated hit.
If this was done by organized crime, it was from a very high level. It would be very expensive to hire an assassin with enough skill to pull this off. It appears to be a well planned and executed event.
2 – The serial killer/cult killing makes some sense. The perp picked on weaker older people. He or they, watched their behavior from afar and have access to a boat, or live very close. I’m going with boat.
Other senior murders/disappearances have been mentioned in previous statements. Many were relatively close by. One victim’s car was found at a boat launch.
Sills also said they are considering that Mr. D was killed elsewhere and his corpse returned to the garage.
That sounds ritualistic to me. The killer wanted shock value.
I know some will come back and say the killer was sending a message to Mr. D’s crime family, but Mobb bosses have muscle around them most of the time. Haven’t seen any mention of that. Some will argue that he was in witness protection, but payback at 88? And involving the wife? Not buying it.
No this was one of those sick twisted minds that, unfortunately, we roam the earth with. I wish Sills would get to spend 15 minutes alone with this perp once he is arrested.

I really hope they searched the basement, any crawl spaces, etc. thoroughly. I remember a case several years ago where a young girl in Virginia disappeared, they searched the house, they searched all the vacant houses around her. This went on for 3-4-5 days. They finally went back & she was hidden behind a panel in a crawl space in the basement. Gives me the creeps to this day.

Don't know why they would leave M. D out in the open, though, & hide her. Unless they are enjoying seeing everybody scrambling looking for her. Wonder if LE took the cadaver dogs inside the house.

I must be missing something.....Which picture are you talking about?

Scroll through this article on the link.
You will find the photo easily.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...dy-1m-home-Georgia-murder-mystery-horror.html

This is the text under the photo:
"The more we think about it, the more it makes sense that this was just some sick individual who randomly targeted them.' He added it could have been the work of a cult."

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...rgia-murder-mystery-horror.html#ixzz31oOU6ixs

I don't either. Search his name and add Sr. Profile pic is with him in his prison uniform. :confused:

That's crazy. They let them have FB in prison? He added a friend on April 17th, unless somebody else is controlling the page.

That's crazy. They let them have FB in prison? He added a friend on April 17th, unless somebody else is controlling the page.

I would hope someone else is posting as him. Also, the jewelry? That's allowed in prison?

mck16, sent it to you, just in case.

The house looked to be fairly close to the water and not a treacherous walk at all.

I hate to even type this, but.....easily done with a weapon or if she was incapacitated, two could carry her with no trouble.

The only thing I am questioning is the lighting conditions if this happened after dark. Wonder what the moon was like on 5/2?

Dark Dark Dark. IMO to be in a boat on the lake unless you knew it well.

New moon was April 28.

http://www.calendar-365.com/moon/moon-calendar.html

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk

Scroll through this article on the link.
You will find the photo easily.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...dy-1m-home-Georgia-murder-mystery-horror.html

This is the text under the photo:
"The more we think about it, the more it makes sense that this was just some sick individual who randomly targeted them.' He added it could have been the work of a cult."

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...rgia-murder-mystery-horror.html#ixzz31oOU6ixs

I don't understand what the surprise is surrounding the pic of the kids? After Mickey Shunick's disappearance her sister was all over the news. Why is this picture shocking?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't understand what the surprise is surrounding the pic of the kids? After Mickey Shunick's disappearance her sister was all over the news. Why is this picture shocking?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I do not know, but perhaps people are shocked that the family did not stay for the vigil, and the family went home, and Shirley is not found yet, but their photo is on the internet. I think some people thought that perhaps they were afraid to attend the vigil for fear of being recognized, but yet there is a photo on the link with some family members, so I think it isn't congruent with the thought process that they were afraid to attend the vigil, perhaps.
IMOO.

I do not know, but perhaps people are shocked that the family did not stay for the vigil, and the family went home, and Shirley is not found yet, but their photo is on the internet. I think some people thought that perhaps they were afraid to attend the vigil for fear of being recognized, but yet there is a photo on the link with some family members, so I think it isn't congruent with the thought process that they were afraid to attend the vigil, perhaps.
IMOO.

The tabloid may have lifted those pics from facebook without their knowledge?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme