GA GA - Shirley, 87, & Russell Dermond, 88, Putnam County, 2 May 2014 - # 3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Machetes are also used a lot in the south. We use them to cut low growing brush back. We have three and we keep them very sharp incase we need to use them.

Also surveyors use them all the time when they are having to go through a lot of brush trying to get a site line.

I do think if the cut was clean it was probably done with a very sharp machete.

I have 3. Use'em to whack the heads off chicken snakes. Please don't sleuth me. I'm a member of UNGAT.

Just thinking out loud....

Maybe the perp(s) beheaded Mr D while in the boat. Easier to clean the boat out in the middle of a lake and not be caught. Hose off all the debris/remains from the decapitation right into the waters.

Why not just decapitate him on the premises? Maybe because if someone approached the home the perp wouldn't be caught in the action and therefore could claim they just found Mr D.

I too think there will be an arrest in a matter of weeks.

WOW, THAT makes good sense !

Would people think they are cleaning fish olr filleting, if anyone even saw what was happening from a distance

That is so awful

It's sounding like they may of been beaten to death.
That makes me wonder now if something happened that escalated to them being killed. If the murder weapon is a crow bar or another item found at the house that changes things IMO.

I don't think they were beaten as in fists. Sills said he saw no trauma on Shirley's body. He wouldn't be able to see the skull fractures. The ME would see that when he shaved her head to do the autopsy or when he took head xrays.

They definitely look like they were both bludgeoned to death with something that is consistent with a crowbar. Bludgeoning murders are most often done by someone who had familiarity with the victims. Imo, it shows personal rage and pent up hatred toward the victim.

In every case that I have kept up with a lot of times its the autopsy the police is waiting for so the ME can tell them what kind of weapon he/she thinks was used to make the wounds. From their information they know what type of weapon to be looking for. That is why a detective is on scene at the time of autopsy. So the ME can give them any guidance about the evidence the body revealed to him/her.

I don't believe the weapon belonged to the victims but I know LE has to check it out in case one is missing. I think it belongs to the killer himself.

IMO

googling chicken snakes

So, using my noodle, knowing that she was NOT driven by boat and dumped in broad daylight,
The time of death is actually between 4:30pm May 2 and sunrise May 3?
Sunset was 8:16pm May 2.
Sunrise was 6:43am May 3.
http://www.wunderground.com/history...tml?req_city=NA&req_state=NA&req_statename=NA
And the moon was a waxing crescent.
Waxing Crescent, 12% of the Moon is Illuminated.
Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk

And that means the killer is very comfortable manuvering on Lake Oconee at night to the particular spot he placed her in. He not only knew exactly how to get there but where to stop even though it was in the dark of night.

He has to know that lake like the back of his evil hand and he also knows where one county ends another begins. IMO

He has been there before, imo.

IMO

I have 3. Use'em to whack the heads off chicken snakes. Please don't sleuth me. I'm a member of UNGAT.
Duh! Now I get it! My girlfriend is always hollering about the snakes getting near her chickens.
I didn't realize they eat the eggs!
I was like if they aren't poisonous why are you buggin?
I learned something new today.

"Sills said the official autopsy results on Shirley Dermond's body showed she died of blunt force trauma to the head and said the disposal of her body was "at least thought through."

http://m.msgr.com/mobile/news/article_2a8f6f2a-def2-11e3-bd10-0019bb2963f4.html

No reason to plan a disposal unless you plan to execute a murder as well.
moo

It could also be taken to mean that at least that portion of the crime seems to make sense - I know the disposal location of Mrs. D makes total sense to me as in the spot was a good disposal spot, especially if decomp gases brought her up as he described in the press conference.

Decomp gases brought her up implies she was at one point likely submerged. Which could be taken to mean her body was placed in that location but not floating or on treelimbs in some macabre display. Hidden but later revealed.

that took some thought. I agree with him.

But him saying "at least" before the rest has me wondering if he is thinking like I am that this killing is a mess and makes no sense and reaks of panic and thinking on the fly.

I think nine is correct.
I count nine with the deceased son having one, I believe.

How do we know the deceased son had a child? In earlier discussion, I believe it was speculation.

Let's look at another line of thinking, one of the two living sons has a child from a former marriage. That will account for the ninth grandchild . . . Maybe?

And that means the killer is very comfortable manuvering on Lake Oconee at night to the particular spot he placed her in. He not only knew exactly how to get there but where to stop even though it was in the dark of night.

He has to know that lake like the back of his evil hand and he also knows where one county ends another begins. IMO

He has been there before, imo.

IMO

I totally agree 100% (Agent 002 of UNGAT)

Where was Mr D after he passed, there was a vigil but no funeral, right?

What would be suspicious..... really, IDK, fishing is fishing, skiing is skiing, tubing is tubing

my neighbor came uup behind me, at my lake place last week, drove in to his driveway and came walking towards my car, which was in my drive, I heard crunching and he didnt' look up, nothing, he placed a shovel behind the shed he'd pulled from his truck

NOW THAT was creepy!

If he didnt' have a slight COPD, I might suspect him, he's very anal and narcisisistic at times LOL and his wife his CRAZY

Hello Eddie- why do you feel that the taking of Mrs D.
is not something the mob/cartel would do? Maybe
she had been used as a 2nd threat ie: If you don't do such and such by such and such, Mrs. D is a dead woman too.
Again, speculating here.

This crime really defies the code of conduct in organized crime, old school type anyways.
You don't kill someone like they did Mr D and still think you are going to have "negotiations" with someone close to him for the safe return of Mrs. D. No way that would never happen.

http://www.thestar.com/news/ontario...als_his_code_for_killings.html?app=noRedirect

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2014/05/18/missing-georgia-wife-beheaded-man/9255485/

The video at this link includes a short interview with the fisherman, Dennis Higgs, that I hadn't seen before.

I had not seen this one either. I had seen his name in print though and he was the one who called 911.
Funny thing is, I didn't look at the name of this gentleman in this video below...He is the FIRST fisherman I saw talking to the news and I thought he was "DH", but he is "RS".
RS is on this video at the 1 minute 24 second mark.
http://www.wsbtv.com/news/news/local/source-investigators-find-body-putnam-county/nfyK5/

When I saw the video in your post, I thought the gentleman got a hair cut!
But now I see, both fishermen are interviewed separately, and are in 2 different videos.
Here is your link.
http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2014/05/18/missing-georgia-wife-beheaded-man/9255485/
DH is on the video at the 1 minute 56 second mark.
IMOO.

Did I see someone post that the nearby home that's for sale (#143) IS occupied? I'm wondering if it's owner-occupied or ??

Also, the Bing map at the bottom of the zillow.com page for this address is helpful.

How do we know the deceased son had a child? In earlier discussion, I believe it was speculation.

Let's look at another line of thinking, one of the two living sons has a child from a former marriage. That will account for the ninth grandchild . . . Maybe?

Not sure who is counting g'children and how they are arriving at the count.

Is it possible that one son had a child from a previous relationship or marriage many yrs ago?
Maybe estranged many yrs ago, as a baby, omitted from the count, depending on who is doing the head count.

The r/e website page for one son's bio, said (my paraphrasing)
3 young children, which made me wonder
if this is a second marriage for him.
IIRC, he's in his mid or late 50's, a bit older than usu for young children..
Pure speculation on my part. :seeya:
Or as some have said, a child of the D's deceased son?

May make a difference in how Mr&MrsD's probate property is distributed, or how trust is distributed, eventually.
Not sure that it makes a difference in finding the perp(s).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gadgett inspeccion