GA GA - Shirley, 87, & Russell Dermond, 88, Putnam County, 2 May 2014 - # 4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Warning Graphic!

...Scroll down and begin reading on page #78..
Interview of Gary Hilton by the GBI enroute to Dawson Forest WMA- Atlanta Tract(01/07/2008) to locate the remains of hiker 24 year old Meredith Hope Emerson, who had been decapitated(serrated kitchen knife) after meeting her demise from blunt force trauma (iron bar/tire tool).

http://www.sickcrimes.us/2008/08/gary-hiltons-confession-1950

Amazing read. He is just so matter of fact about the whole incident. After everything he did to MHE, he states he couldn't ever kill a dog.
And he was well versed in forensic procedures. Wow....just wow.

Warning Graphic!

Interview of Gary Hilton by the GBI enroute to Dawson Forest WMA- Atlanta Tract(01/07/2008) to locate the remains of hiker 24 year old Meredith Hope Emerson, who had been decapitated(serrated kitchen knife) after meeting her demise from blunt force trauma (iron bar/tire tool).

Amazing read. He is just so matter of fact about the whole incident. After everything he did to MHE, he states he couldn't ever kill a dog.
And he was well versed in forensic procedures. Wow....just wow.

Foxfire, thanks for reminding us that RD was a WW2 veteran. Those fellas are tough and I suspect he would have fought to the death unless taken-out by total surprise.

On GMH, an excellent example of how twisted a mind & soul can become - yet be so matter of fact to that individual.

With all of us, our past influences our thinking. I cannot analyze these deaths without thinking of a sixteen-year-old dropout, Clinton Bankston, Jr.

Most of you have never heard of him, but it was only 50 miles north of Lake Oconee where he brutally murdered two elderly/retired University of Georgia professors in their Athens, GA home. Four months after stabbing them with their own collectors/antique swords, he murdered again in another part of town. This time it was two elderly sisters and one of their daughters. The bodies were torn apart by a hatchet to the point they were not recognizable.

One, may I repeat ONE, person did this all by himself. His connection to the victims was minor...he had done a little yard work at both residences. The UGA professors did not know the women he killed later on.

He will be in prison for the rest of his life, but there are others out there like him.

How spooky. :scared: So, did hubby fess up to leaving the garage door open or do you think you had unknown overnight visitors?? Very creepy, indeed.

Actually we had a lot of in and out that day. Our yard boy was here to help hubby with the yard work and our daughter and two granddaughters were here moving vehicles so they could borrow something they needed.

It was a nice evening and we also had visitors that saw us outside and stopped by to sit on the porch and visit with us.

Then everybody left and hubby probably hit the button to close the big garage door and came into the house not checking the little garage door.

My point in all of that is unusual things happen. My children would say we are VERY security conscious and hubby and I even argue about him always closing the overhead garage door when we are outside working in the yard.

But one time of forgetting or not locking or not setting the alarm can mean the difference between life and death!

One of the very first articles I read said that there are many homes on the lake that are owned by people who work in Atlanta and come to the lake on the week-ends and/or holidays. I think the perp. is a part-time resident.

You know you could be right and perhaps they were somehow taken to a car and transported to the main home where they were killed, beheaded and returned to their home area.

Interesting to think about that.

With all of us, our past influences our thinking. I cannot analyze these deaths without thinking of a sixteen-year-old dropout, Clinton Bankston, Jr.

Most of you have never heard of him, but it was only 50 miles north of Lake Oconee where he brutally murdered two elderly/retired University of Georgia professors in their Athens, GA home. Four months after stabbing them with their own collectors/antique swords, he murdered again in another part of town. This time it was two elderly sisters and one of their daughters. The bodies were torn apart by a hatchet to the point they were not recognizable.

One, may I repeat ONE, person did this all by himself. His connection to the victims was minor...he had done a little yard work at both residences. The UGA professors did not know the women he killed later on.

He will be in prison for the rest of his life, but there are others out there like him.

Out of all of the theories out there, something like THIS ^^ is what I think happened to the Dermonds. IMO I don't think there was much more of a connection between the victims and the killer than there was in the above example. I feel like it was a thrill kill and anybody could have been the target. They just happened to be the easiest at the time. I feel like the motive is personal to the killer and has little to do with the Dermonds, maybe parent/grandparent issues, rejection, anger, mental instability issues or something like that. I also feel that this person went on a "hunting" trip. Something inside me says the motive is very twisted and illogical.

My opinions only, of course.

I so think this is the type that killed the Dermonds. An Austin Sigg the one that killed Jessica Ridgeway.

'In the weeks before Jessica's death, Sigg went out "hunting," driving his Jeep around neighborhoods.

"Anytime I would even see someone out walking while I was in one of those modes, my heart would instantly start beating really fast," Sigg told investigators in an interview they videotaped.

Four months before Sigg took Jessica, he tried to kidnap a woman jogging at Ketner Lake by shoving a chloroform-soaked rag in her face. The woman was able to fight him off and call police.

Still, Sigg said he learned from his first try. Months later, he went looking for someone smaller. Someone he could overpower.

Read more: Evidence details twisted path that led Austin Sigg to Jessica Ridgeway - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/news/ci_2...isted-path-that-led-austin-sigg#ixzz32jczLya6
Read The Denver Post's Terms of Use of its content: http://www.denverpost.com/termsofuse
Follow us: @Denverpost on Twitter | Denverpost on Facebook

Attachments

• austin sig.jpg
    austin sig.jpg
    157.5 KB · Views: 36
Warning Graphic!

I can't read it, maybe after a cocktail later. But I followed Meredith case. I'll never forget it, never.

It had to happen, at least imo, at night. They were both kidnapped and taken to unknown location by boat by at least two people. Idk but maybe two boats. They demanded RD to take out money in the bank the next day but their plan goes terribly wrong when SD died during the night. RD wants to see his wife before going to the bank but they refuse and RD knows she is dead. They shoot RD, killing him in a fit of rage. One goes to dumped SD body and the other brings back RD to the garage where he cuts off his head. Sheriff did say they found no bullet holes so he had to be shot somewhere else but I believe RD was shot several times. LE is hoping if they find the head they will find the bullet.

All MY Opinion.

Not much to add at this point. I am simply taking in everything that everyone is posting. No idea is beyond a possibility, if only a slight one.

The thing I can do today is pray. Headed to church. Praying for a resolution to this case, that is very heartbreaking and disturbing. As always, praying for justice for the victims....

I can't read it, maybe after a cocktail later. But I followed Meredith case. I'll never forget it, never.

trigger, I followed it too.. You may need a double...The reasons that I posted the interview are many. GMH, describes how difficult it is to end a life with an iron bar/tire tool. Although he is very deceptive throughout the entire interview. There is an incredible amount of informational leakage that occurs; On page #90 GMH states, "The body placed in here sooner or later is gonna come to light."
"UH HUH, it is, and This is not the only body that has been discarded here".

Within a rock's throw of MHE's torso location, two other unsolved homicide victim's remains were previously located; 11 yr old Levi Frady(10/1997) and 36 yr old hairdresser Patrice Endres(12/2006).

Levi Frady
http://gbi.georgia.gov/case/unsolved-homicide-343

Patrice Endres
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct...7oC4Dw&usg=AFQjCNGjUverQIU3tPw9o4kBKI7VwqBZ5A

Well that could NOT have happened that way. First of all Mr. D was killed someplace else..per the sheriff. Second he would have to leave the safety of the cove to deliver Mrs. D body to where she was found!

I do think it would work honeybun. I never said he wouldn't have to leave the cove. Of course he would and he would know better than anyone how to navigate to get out on the deep waters where he discarded Shirley. Imo, all of this was done after dark. No one would see what was going on behind his own property or behind the Dermonds home.

Yes, he was killed some place other than the Dermonds home. And the murder scene could have been on his property or home.

His safety shield was he did this after dark and he used the lake as a shield when it was also dark.

Very doable to me.

:floorlaugh: I am confused why you think this wouldn't work.

I do think it would work honeybun. I never said he wouldn't have to leave the cove. Of course he would and he would know better than anyone how to navigate to get out on the deep waters where he discarded Shirley. Imo, all of this was done after dark. No one would see what was going on behind his own property or behind the Dermonds home.

Yes, he was killed some place other than the Dermonds home. And the murder scene could have been on his property or home.

His safety shield was he did this after dark and he used the lake as a shield when it was also dark.

Very doable to me.

:floorlaugh: I am confused why you think this wouldn't work.

In reading your post which I am attaching in part you say he left his home went to the Dermonds home then returned to his home. All within a few yards of each other.

There was much more to this if the Sheriff is to be believed that the murder of Mr. Dermond was someplace else and we know Mrs. was left far from the dock and cove of the Dermond residence.

OBE (partial)
So if he lived say a few hundred yards away from the Dermonds then all he has to do is get in his own boat....park at their dock which he would already know was unoccupied, and come up from the water's edge to do his deeds. Then he leaves just like he came, and then returns to wherever his boat is usually docked, and simply disappears back inside of his home. All of it done after nightfall imo. It is so simple but yet it makes a lot of sense and would work. imo

Just thinking out loud....Feel free to add to the list

What we do know;

jurisdictional linkage blindness involved(Green County-SD remains located)
crime occurred around the time of special event (Kentucky Derby-Cinco de Mayo)
extremely horrific crime(dismemberment RD- head missing)(possible staging/placing of bodies; RD & SD)
at least one unknown crime scene location(safe haven)
security video went down 04/28/2014 - aprox 5 days before estimated crime window
Boat used for transport

What we don't know;

Motive/s
TOD of SD..
tool used in decapitation of RD
defensive wounds of victims
number of perps involved
if firearm/s involved
FBI/GBI Lab/forensics test results
Tool used for blunt force trauma located
Acquaintance - Slight Acquaintance - Stranger - Other

The security system going down scream that this was set up premeditated.
The person responsible knew this.
Jmo

I wonder if Mr.and Mrs. D were the only ones to miss the party?

The security system going down scream that this was set up premeditated.
The person responsible knew this.
Jmo

I think the Dermond's security system worked fine. To the best of my knowledge it was a camera at the gate/guard house that was not working.

If the killer used a boat, the camera security at the gate would be a moot point.

Imo, it is imperative that the unknown crime scene be located. Whether it was a lakeside cabin, nearby abandoned structure, primitive campsite, or GW residence.

Imo, a good place to start would be the Oconee WMA;

Oconee Wildlife Management Area is one of Georgia's many wildlife management ... There are two primitive campgrounds located within the Oconee WMA.
http://www.ohranger.com/ga/oconee-wildlife-management-area

I think the Dermond's security system worked fine. To the best of my knowledge it was a camera at the gate/guard house that was not working.

If the killer used a boat, the camera security at the gate would be a moot point.

Unless the killer drove in with the boat on a trailer.

I remember that case in Athens, it was in the late 1980s and I was shocked that such a young person would kill 5 people in such a brutal manner. If I recall correctly, he blamed it on a person that was never located. Maybe his alter ego. They are out there. With mental health services in such pitiful shape these days.... they are out in towns and cities.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissingWithoutAnswers