GA GA - Shirley, 87, & Russell Dermond, 88, Putnam County, 2 May 2014 - # 8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
MOD NOTE:

• It is against the rules to post for-fee articles.

• It's also against the rules to post more than 10% of a published article.

Thanks.

Thank you for fixing the broken quote in my post!

So can someone summarize the new article? What was the "plausible lead"? When the murders first happened I was able to read the news articles in the Eatonton Messenger but not now! I call B.S. on the Eatonton Messenger making this having to pay only since the murders!

One word summary; FUBAR.. There's only one MSM/Newspaper in Eatonton, GA, and it is a Subscription only; pay per view now.. The Atlanta MSM; TV, etc., has moved on to other news. Is this new policy by Eat. Messgr., due to an increase in viewership since the Dermond murders, to increase the Messenger's revenue...or...to silence the news of the Dermond murders?.. Just curious...

Welcome to GA; 'The home of the good ole boy network', imo..
'Silence by LE via MSM is the predators most lethal weapon..

Sorry Bessie! I thought I was posting the link where everyone can read for free. My apologies. It was a link someone had posted early on in the case and I was able to access the Messenger for free. Thank you for not putting me in time-out.

Be back in a bit and will try to summarize the article in my own words. FUBAR - you took the words right out of my mouth FF!

I wonder if this was the prostitute SS was investigating:

Police: Prostitute linked to boyfriend's death

"MILTON, Ga. (AP) — Georgia authorities are re-examining the 2013 heroin death of a bar owner dating the woman charged in the overdose death of a Google executive on a yacht in California, police said Thursday.

Dean Riopelle, 53, died of a heroin overdose in September 2013 in Milton, about two months before Google executive Forrest Hayes died of an overdose on his yacht.

Milton police Capt. Shawn McCarty said Thursday that Alix Tichelman, 26, called 911 on Sept. 17 to report that Riopelle, her boyfriend, had overdosed. She told investigators that he had been drinking and using heroin throughout the day, and that she found him on the ground after she got out of the shower."

http://news.msn.com/crime-justice/police-prostitute-linked-to-boyfriends-death

bootsctr
If there is a connection w death of GA bar-owner and the Dermonds' death, I'm missing it.
Except that all 3 deaths occurred in GA.
Is there something else linking them?

Thx in adv.

Sorry this took so long.
Russell J and Shirley W Dermond bought the property (lot 46, sect 2) on 8/2/94 Bk 141 pg 142
Shirley W grantor to Russell J grantee same date and time. Bk 141 pg 144 (This is the deed of gift.)

Oh wow, that was IN the books, not on qpublic? I remember that specifically Russell grantor Russell Grantee

Guess you can't believe everything you READ hahaha, whodathunk

Thanks for clarification~!

Thanx for sharing Tomkat.. Doubt that it is related, imo, due to the likely suspect in the Athens burgularly and the distance to Eatonton, etc. Good eye though... JMO

WELL THAT"S interesting! Burglar leaves house cleaner than before break in!??? Could there be a connection? Referring to the D's extremely clean house as reported by Sills or however he worded it

This in reagrds to FF post with link to Joe Johnson Journalist

http://onlineathens.com/breaking-ne...athens-cleaner-breaking#.U77LFn6TmW8.facebook

http://www.13wmaz.com/story/news/local/hancock/2014/05/08/putnam-sheriff-search-woman/8845069/

Sheriff: No solid leads on murder-abduction

Sills told 13WMAZ's Anita Oh that there's no indication that Russell Dermond's head was cut off while he was alive. He also said the house was in "immaculate condition," there were no gunshots or shell casing found. The sheriff also said it's possible Dermond was not killed at the house.

http://onlineathens.com/breaking-ne...athens-cleaner-breaking#.U77LFn6TmW8.facebook

Burglar leaves home in Athens cleaner than before breaking in
By JOE JOHNSONupdated Thursday, July 10, 2014 - 4:12pm

RE: Wading through tips, records - Investigation continues in murder of local couple

In the 07/07/2014 Eatonton Messenger interview of Sheriff Sills, investigators went down to Macon to check out some murder(4 murders in one week) suspects involved in some murders and armed robberies. All of the Macon suspects are AA. Wondering if the neighbor that witnessed the man in the Dermond's yard was able to determine the race of the man?

http://www.wgxa.tv/story/recent-mac...one-remains-on-the-run-20140609#axzz375vPc1V2
Recent Macon Murders Connected, Suspects Arrested, One Remains on the Run

<snipped - read more>

A rash of killings in Macon last week turn out to be connected in what Bibb County Sheriff David Davis is calling a "robbery gone wrong."

RE: Wading through tips, records - Investigation continues in murder of local couple

In the 07/07/2014 Eatonton Messenger interview of Sheriff Sills, investigators went down to Macon to check out some murder(4 murders in one week) suspects involved in some murders and armed robberies. All of the Macon suspects are AA. Wondering if the neighbor that witnessed the man in the Dermond's yard was able to determine the race of the man?

http://www.wgxa.tv/story/recent-mac...one-remains-on-the-run-20140609#axzz375vPc1V2

<snipped - read more>

A rash of killings in Macon last week turn out to be connected in what Bibb County Sheriff David Davis is calling a "robbery gone wrong."

Considering the street name and description of the one mentioned, I'm not sure if the neighbor would have been able to determine race? If it had been that person, of course...

Boots---you'd better behave yourself! :innocent:

We need you here...

Wow, Athens, GA should be renamed Chicago South, IMO... Violent crime is rampant and there were three shootings in just one day..
Wonder how many of these Athens gang-bangers are the offspring of Dwight Malachi York..

Joe Johnson Crimewriter for the Athens Banner-Herald
https://www.facebook.com/JoeJohnsonABH

So, what is going on in Athens? How far is Athens from Eatonton?

So, what is going on in Athens? How far is Athens from Eatonton?

About 50 miles from Athens to Eatonton, GA, wildebeest.

The government sold the property, and the Nuwaubian cult's structures ... the cult's followers continued to operate, moving their lodge first to Athens in 2007.
Nuwaubian leader Dwight "Malachi" York continues to inspire followers in Athens and throughout the country, five years after a federal judge sentenced him to life in prison as a convicted child molester, tax evader and racketeer.

Although their leader is locked up thousands of miles away in Colorado, members of the United Nuwaubian Nation of Moors still gather in his name, and apparently just recently abandoned Athens for a meeting hall outside of Atlanta.

And a sheriff in Central Georgia, where York built a sprawling compound in the 1990s - where authorities say he molested children as young as 8 and ran his illegal enterprise - still regularly takes calls from law officers in other counties and states asking about the sect as members appear in their communities.

http://www.raptureforums.com/forum/...nuwaubian-leader-jailed-but-sect-carries.html

Hi al66pine! CarolinaPeach nailed it. The profession - prostitute. SS says a prostitute was being investigated because she said she did something bad. I'll try to word this better in a bit. Working today. . . . :werk:

Oh wow, that was IN the books, not on qpublic? I remember that specifically Russell grantor Russell Grantee

Guess you can't believe everything you READ hahaha, whodathunk

Thanks for clarification~!

That is on the Georgia Association of County Clerks of Courts website. Abstracts of deeds are on there. I don't have a subscription but the clerks do. I had to trot over to the courthouse to get it.
FYI, since qpublic is tax assessors, I usually go the deeds themselves if possible.

<snipped - read more>

Don't think it was that one. I think those were local gang trash. Check out the story that Amy did in the MT about the gangs not long ago. A couple of weeks?

Don't think it was that one. I think those were local gang trash. Check out the story that Amy did in the MT about the gangs not long ago. A couple of weeks?

Have a link, DAMIFINO?
I was going by Sheriff Sills statement in the EM article linked; 'Sheriff Sills, investigators went down to Macon to check out some murder suspects'...

Have a link, DAMIFINO?
I was going by Sheriff Sills statement in the EM article linked; 'Sheriff Sills, investigators went down to Macon to check out some murder suspects'...

The Macon Telegraph website is kicking me out today.
I was thinking about the story about some gang members from Atlanta who were finally caught for a murder at a gas station in 2011. But Macon is crawling with gangs and thugs. I love Macon, lived in and around Macon all my life, but I don't got here now unless I absolutely have to. And sometimes then, I get an friend who is well armed to go with me. Locals call it Macongo.

The Macon Telegraph website is kicking me out today.
I was thinking about the story about some gang members from Atlanta who were finally caught for a murder at a gas station in 2011. But Macon is crawling with gangs and thugs. I love Macon, lived in and around Macon all my life, but I don't got here now unless I absolutely have to. And sometimes then, I get an friend who is well armed to go with me. Locals call it Macongo.

This is sad to hear, Macon was a lovely town. It seems as if we are going backwards :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bfwbnfts